Can you picture Jesus using genocide as Noah’s God did?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

Shakyamunison
First - The bible is not a book of facts. The bible is a book of stories.
Second - Jesus was not a god until the Council of Nicaea (325 CE).
Lastly - Jesus didn't do anything in the OT, and nether did God.

m317
The Old Testament God and New Testament God are the same God. Although there were times when God destroyed nations in the OT, he only did so because of man's wickedness. If God had not destroyed them, the world would be even worse off than it is now. Besides, God was merciful- He saved Noah. Life and grace are God's gifts to us, not something we could ever deserve. Forgiveness is more prominent in the NT because Jesus' death makes salvation/forgiveness truly possible and permanent.
Most importantly, the "OT God" was the very God who sent Jesus, His only Son, to us- the ultimate act of mercy.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by m317
The Old Testament God and New Testament God are the same God. Although there were times when God destroyed nations in the OT, he only did so because of man's wickedness. If God had not destroyed them, the world would be even worse off than it is now. Besides, God was merciful- He saved Noah. Life and grace are God's gifts to us, not something we could ever deserve. Forgiveness is more prominent in the NT because Jesus' death makes salvation/forgiveness truly possible and permanent.
Most importantly, the "OT God" was the very God who sent Jesus, His only Son, to us- the ultimate act of mercy.

So, an all powerful God could not think of a more creative way to fix his creation?

Stealth Moose
I still don't understand why an all-powerful God has to sacrifice millions of people, and later sacrifice his own self-proclaimed son, to save us all from evil he created.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I still don't understand why an all-powerful God has to sacrifice millions of people, and later sacrifice his own self-proclaimed son, to save us all from evil he created.

It just doesn't make sense when you stop to think. That is why thinking is not allowed.

Supra
He said he didn't like what they became and straight up destroyed them for there heresy.

Supra

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
... Jesus was not a god until the Council of Nicaea (325 CE).

confused

What was he before then?

Supra

Right on the money

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
confused

What was he before then?

A teacher. A human, or as in my religion, a Bodhisattva.

Supra
Jesus is Gods advocate for humanity. Better to know him and believe in him then to not know him at all.

God Almighty is fearless

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Supra
Jesus is Gods advocate for humanity. Better to know him and believe in him then to not know him at all.

God Almighty is fearless

So, you advocate fear over truth?

Stealth Moose
God the Almighty is Fearless.

Imagine him as a parent. You see your children, Soddom adn Gamorrah, doing bad things. So what does a good all-powerful parent do? He burns them alive and starts over instead of trying to reason with his children and show them love and mercy.

Makes perfect sense.

Shakyamunison

m317

God did not create evil. What God created was good; it was what the men of Noah's time were doing (of their own free will) that was evil.

Supra
So, you advocate fear over truth?

I advocate anything God wants to do. I dont' question it, I answer it.

m317
Besides, God did everything to reason with the people of Sodom and Gommorah, and if five of them would have been righteous, He wouldn't have destroyed it. (Genesis 18) The one righteous man (and his family), Lot, was spared.

Stealth Moose
I advocate anything AllahGod wants to do. I dont' question it, I answer it.

^ You sure about that? That kind of reasoning sounds like the ones used by people who kill infidels.

God did not create evil. What God created was good; it was what the men of Noah's time were doing (of their own free will) that was evil.

According to Genesis, everything comes from God. This includes evil. For nothing existed before he brought it forth into being. Or is that all not true?

Supra
Besides, God did everything to reason with the people of Sodom and Gommorah, and if five of them would have been righteous, He wouldn't have destroyed it. (Genesis 18) The one righteous man (and his family), Lot, was spared.

Good post!

Supra
^ You sure about that? That kind of reasoning sounds like the ones used by people who kill infidels.

According to Genesis, everything comes from God. This includes evil. For nothing existed before he brought it forth into being. Or is that all not true?

Sure about what?

Stealth Moose
I thought it was obvious, but it looks like I'm wrong for once.

Supra

Back to that again, not gonna work this time.

Shakyamunison

Noooo! It can't be! blowup

Supra
Mass Genocide will come again.

Shakyamunison

Everyone will die. Every person on the Earth right now will be dead within 120 years. Do you know how fast 120 years gets here?

bluewaterrider
Everyone will die. Every person on the Earth right now will be dead within 120 years. Do you know how fast 120 years gets here?

If you're wrong, and I'm here 130 years from now, but you're not, do I get a prize?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
If you're wrong, and I'm here 130 years from now, but you're not, do I get a prize?

Yes. However, it will be up to future generations to determine what the prize is.

siriuswriter
Well, if you believe that the only way to heaven is to believe specific things about Jesus, then yes, there's going to be more than a genocide...

Stealth Moose

Why is this a good thing?

"I believe Jesus/God/Holy Trifecta of Uberness should mass kill people who don't believe and do things I find morally uncomfortable"

Coupled with your earlier:

"God saved me from death, so I swears he is the bee's knees forever. Because God is love and life is precious and kittens make good sweaters".

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-98fGyD9favY/T2EAg4cWVcI/AAAAAAAABPA/aNEHns2DDkM/s1600/jesus_militant.jpg

Supra
I look forward to this whole place being burned down, its a mess and needs to be corrected. Mass extinction is the only way to fix it.

Planet Reset.

Shakyamunison
I look forward to this whole place being burned down, its a mess and needs to be corrected. Mass extinction is the only way to fix it.

Planet Reset.

You need to get off the computer. Go for long walks in the forest. Go to the beach.

Lord Lucien
You need to get off the computer. Go for long walks in the forest. Go to the beach. Rather he should go for long walks on a short beach.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Rather he should go for long walks on a short beach.

I wouldn't want to be responsible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.