Proxima Midnight spear Vs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Proxima Midnight hit then with the "Supernova Spear" - the same she used against Hulk.

What happen to then ?

- Thor
- Hyperion
- Superman pre-reboot
- Superman New 52
- Silver Surfer
- Thanos
- Superman Prime

One-Punch
Prime and Thanos tank it.

carver9
Prime and Thanos are in the same position as Hulk but they handle it better than most. Dont think any of them can overcome the weight of an entire star. Back in the 70's and 80's you probably could make an argument stating they could but not now. Some of them would get crushed. Also, Hickman himself said that Hulk is the strongest being on the Avengers roster so that alone excludes Hyperion and Thor (sit back and wait for Bran post).

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by carver9
Prime and Thanos are in the same position as Hulk but they handle it better than most. Dont think any of them can overcome the weight of an entire star. Back in the 70's and 80's you probably could make an argument stating they could but not now. Some of them would get crushed. Also, Hickman himself said that Hulk is the strongest being on the Avengers roster so that alone excludes Hyperion and Thor (sit back and wait for Bran post). Reported for trolling

Wildcard

carver9
Lol...not trolling. I just know you.

Branlor Swift
Everything you stated was supposed to elicit a response. Straight up h1'ing

We'll see what pr says about this

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Everything you stated was supposed to elicit a response. Straight up h1'ing

We'll see what pr says about this

LOL...naah, I just know you disagree with my point. If you did post scans etc... I probably wouldn't have responded.

Branlor Swift
LOL...naah, I just know you disagree with my point. If you did post scan etc... I probably wouldn't have responded. I didn't even report you.

You should probably stop admitting you're trolling though.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Weight of star. Superman has done that several times.

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/?action=view&current=AdvofSupes62316.jpg

eaebiakuya
Well, being in the center of a Star is not the same as have the weight of a Star in your back.

What is "Hulk position" ?

LordofBrooklyn
Pre-Reboot Superman picks his teeth with the spear.

Odekahn
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Well, being in the center of a Star is not the same as have the weight of a Star in your back.

Exactly. thumb up

Hulk didn't "withstand" the weight of a star, he was restrained by it. It was keeping him in place, not baring down on him.

eaebiakuya
Not sure about pre reboot, but i think new 52 have a shot:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115011/3047547-superman_dcnu_bpe_002.jpg

Pan dimensional Wormhole >>> weight of star ???

abhilegend

You mean superman actually being at the center of a star? While being depowered?

http://i.imgur.com/xkLpT8F.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dOVcyQc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/t39Lc88.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DN7k5Km.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/r408RKz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KujaYCo.jpg

Superman endured actual core of the sun while not being at full power and when he was at full power, he easily shrugged it off. Superman was only restored to his full power though, he wasn't amped or anything.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why would being inside a Star be at all comparable to having the weight of a Star on you and restraining you?

And wasn't this a Supernova Star? That is a mass on a completely different level.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Why would being inside a Star be at all comparable to having the weight of a Star on you and restraining you?

And wasn't this a Supernova Star? That is a mass on a completely different level. thumb up

LordofBrooklyn

And wasn't this a Supernova Star? That is a mass on a completely different level.

To Pre-reboot Superman is this simply a warmup to greater lifting feats.

abhilegend
Yeah, like palming a black hole which was about to destroy the solar system. Lawlz @ rage trying to lowball the feat though, being at the core of sun doesn't mean you endured the pressure and heat of that damn sun.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

JakeTheBank
Based on feats, a good deal of these people should endure it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Based on feats, a good deal of these people should endure it. thumb up

Nothing outside the norm for sure.

abhilegend
Yeah, this hulk wanking is getting ridiculous. Proxima Midnight was able to lift that spear too FFS.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, this hulk wanking is getting ridiculous. Proxima Midnight was able to lift that spear too FFS. Who mentioned the hulk here besides you ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Judging the weight of the spear turning Supernova by it's wielder being able to lift it is ridiculous. Such a complete and total reading comprehension fail. She even made it clear she was going to use a denser net. Just...ugh. So terrible.

Nearly as bad as those idiots who argued Thor > Hulk because he can lift the hammer and Hulk can't.

carver9
Judging the weight of the spear turning Supernova by it's wielder being able to lift it is ridiculous. Such a complete and total reading comprehension fail. She even made it clear she was going to use a denser net. Just...ugh. So terrible.

Nearly as bad as those idiots who argued Thor > Hulk because he can lift the hammer and Hulk can't.

thumb up

As for the thread...having a star on you, a star going NOVA is a different beast than being the center of a star.

Just because someone can withstand the gravity on Saturn doesn't mean.they can hold the planet on their shoulder.

Crazy thing about it is, in the scan, Superman said the gravity of the sun was crushing him.

quanchi112
thumb up

Crazy thing about it is, in the scan, Superman said the gravity of the sun was crushing him. thumb up

eaebiakuya
Feats of being in the center of a Star are not equal of lifiting a Star.

Khazra Reborn
They all manage.

abhilegend
laughing out loud @ Rage. The guy is so full of him, its not even funny. Keep on trucking brah, Proxima stated the spear was forged by a sun, not the net.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Infinity%206/infinity06b-_zps9db827fd.jpgOriginally posted by carver9
thumb up

As for the thread...having a star on you, a star going NOVA is a different beast than being the center of a star.

Just because someone can withstand the gravity on Saturn doesn't mean.they can hold the planet on their shoulder.

Crazy thing about it is, in the scan, Superman said the gravity of the sun was crushing him.
He was able to move freely inside the gravity of a star, Hulk was held down by it.

abhilegend
Feats of being in the center of a Star are not equal of lifiting a Star.
Hulk didn't lift a star either. He was held down by a star's weight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm going to click on that post against my better judgement.

It doesn't matter what Proxima's spear was forged from. Arguing that she was tossing around the same weight that Hulk was exposed to or it somehow lessens the feat is outright stupid. Every time Odin lifts Mjolnir, it's not a strength feat either. She's it wielder and can outright control it's density.

We even have a visual representation of Hulk being surrounded by that black swirly shit from the spear for the especially retarded to further separate him and Proxima.

Being inside a Star is not at all similar to having the weight of a Star (A Supernova one at that) weighing down on you:
http://imageshack.us/a/img593/1900/ba5t.jpg

I legitimately do not understand what kind of thought process leads to that conclusion. Careful kids, haterade seems to kill brain cells.

abhilegend
laughing out loud @ using mjolnir as an analogy. Mjolnir has an enchantment upon it which was cast by wait for it................Odin himself. The lengths to which you can reach to wank hulk knows no boundaries at all. That black substance is Corvus's doing.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Infinity%206/infinity06c-_zpsf2246e00.jpg

The lances which pierced Hulk were what was holding him down.
Why would I be impressed by Hulk being held down by a weapon Proxima Midnight was tossing around casually? How does telling the net denser means the spear wasn't as heavy? You were already bad enough with your Thor wankery but now you have totally lost it at this point and are as bad as Gamma Red now. Congrats Rage.

carver9
Another Mod vote is needed.

JakeTheBank
Proxima Midnight wouldn't weigh herself down with the weapon's effect, though. The spear itself probably doesn't weigh much of anything at all. But it's only when she's actively using the weapon's power on a target (in this case, Hulk) that it weighs akin to a Supernova.

Unless Proxima Midnight has super strength capable of holding Supernova mass herself with ease...?

LordofBrooklyn
Another Mod vote is needed.

No mod vote is needed.

Superman's ability to play air-guitar with the spear is all that matters!

abhilegend
Proxima Midnight wouldn't weigh herself down with the weapon's effect, though. The spear itself probably doesn't weigh much of anything at all. But it's only when she's actively using the weapon's power on a target (in this case, Hulk) that it weighs akin to a Supernova.

Unless Proxima Midnight has super strength capable of holding Supernova mass herself with ease...?
There was no allusion of her shifting the mass of the spear itself, just the density of the lances. That's why that came off as stupid and a fan service for Hulk fans to soften the hurt egos about the fact that Proxima basically anal raped him.

One-Punch
The spear's "supernova" weight was activated after Proxima through and impaled Hulk with it. Hence her comment on changing its "density" before throwing it at Hulk, and then going on to comment about how it weighs as much as a supernova.

But there's still no denying that Proxima one-shot Hulk pretty much.

Also I'm pretty sure that if you were at the center of a planet or star you would be weightless. laughing out loud

abhilegend
Originally posted by One-Punch
The spear's "supernova" weight was activated after Proxima through and impaled Hulk with it. Hence her comment on changing its "density" before throwing it at Hulk, and then going on to comment about how it weighs as much as a supernova.

But there's still no denying that Proxima one-shot Hulk pretty much.

Also I'm pretty sure that if you were at the center of a planet or star you would be weightless. laughing out loud
But she took it out of the hulk while it was still holding him down.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Infinity%206/infinity06d-_zps4089ed7b.jpg

Proxima>Hulk in strength?

Yeah, right. Comics bro. A supernova would destroy earth but there wasn't even a crater while Hulk was being held down.

eaebiakuya
Hulk didn't lift a star either. He was held down by a star's weight.

I never said Hulk did that.

I just said being in a star is not equal to lift a Star.

Hulk failed hard trying do that. Thats why i create a thread asking who could do that. I dont know why you arguing about Hulk lifiting it when no one here is saying he did. He was unable to move.

And is obvious the spear only have the weight of a Star when Proxima active the ability...

abhilegend
I never said Hulk did that.

I just said being in a star is not equal to lift a Star.

Hulk failed hard trying do that. Thats why i create a thread asking who could do that. I dont know why you arguing about Hulk lifiting it when no one here is saying he did. He was unable to move.

And is obvious the spear only have the weight of a Star when Proxima active the ability...
Ok. Superman palmed a black hole which destroyed solar systems on panel and was stated to be about to destroy a solar system by Atom too.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Crazy%20Feats/jla077b.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Crazy%20Feats/jla077c.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Crazy%20Feats/jla077d.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Crazy%20Feats/jla077e.jpg

Weight of a star? No problem boss.

One-Punch
But she took it out of the hulk while it was still holding him down.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Infinity%206/infinity06d-_zps4089ed7b.jpg

Proxima>Hulk in strength?

Yeah, right. Comics bro. A supernova would destroy earth but there wasn't even a crater while Hulk was being held down.
Well if she can control the density of the spear at will then she could've decreased its density while pulling it out. The spear was purple when it weighed a star, but turned yellow when she pulled it. I don't think the spear weighs that much in its regular form.

Yes comics are dumb sometimes.

abhilegend
Originally posted by One-Punch
Well if she can control the density of the spear at will then she could've decreased its density while pulling it out. The spear was purple when it weighed a star, but turned yellow when she pulled it. I don't think the spear weighs that much in its regular form.

Yes comics are dumb sometimes.
Purple? I thought that was Proxima changing him to banner somehow, not changing the density of the spear. Meh anyway. Character comparison matter and Proxima raped Hulk.

Only sometimes?

Rage.Of.Olympus

Pretty much this. It's pretty damn obvious I thought but whatever.

Like, I don't give a shit if Proxima was effortlessly tossing around the weight of a Star about to go Supernova because it doesn't lessen Hulk in the slightest and just makes Luke Cage look ridiculous but I think the context of the situation makes it pretty damn retarded to think she was. It's just such a horrible reading comprehension fail.

She points out the density changing and Hulk is even encased in some kind of black wavey shit from the spear to signify the effect.

Branlor Swift
Wait a second...

Where exactly was it stated to weigh as much as a supernova?

The Sorrow
Same as what happened to Hulk. They would be temporarily restrained by it at the very least.

DarkSaint85
I reckoned it was Hickman hyperbole.

Corvus was said to never die as long as his weapon remained whole.
Proxima's spear was said to be fatal to most beings.
It was also supposed to have the weight of a supernova.

1. Corvus was killed, even though his blade remained whole.
2. Proxima used the spear on Cap, Corvus, Hulk, Spectrum, Wakandan soldiers. And only the soldiers died - granted, some context with Hulk/Spectrum, and Cap/Corvus only took part of the three spears, but still.
3. If Hulk was truly bearing the weight of a supernova, shouldn't he sink into the Earth? Usually, I'd blame it on comic book physics, but Hickman seems pretty on the ball with these things.

Conclusion: Thanos hands out shitty weapons. Add the 'unbreakable' skin of Black Dwarf into the mix, and we can conclude that he is surrounded by incompetents.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I reckoned it was Hickman hyperbole.

Corvus was said to never die as long as his weapon remained whole.
Proxima's spear was said to be fatal to most beings.
It was also supposed to have the weight of a supernova.

1. Corvus was killed, even though his blade remained whole.
2. Proxima used the spear on Cap, Corvus, Hulk, Spectrum, Wakandan soldiers. And only the soldiers died - granted, some context with Hulk/Spectrum, and Cap/Corvus only took part of the three spears, but still.
3. If Hulk was truly bearing the weight of a supernova, shouldn't he sink into the Earth? Usually, I'd blame it on comic book physics, but Hickman seems pretty on the ball with these things.

Conclusion: Thanos hands out shitty weapons. Add the 'unbreakable' skin of Black Dwarf into the mix, and we can conclude that he is surrounded by incompetents.
Wasn't Corvus only killed after he took the full brunt of Proxima spear attack? She also picked up his glaive so maybe it's his consciousness or soul that can never be killed only his body.

Hickman recently had Hyperion catch a planet (seemingly larger than Earth) travelling at 500,000 mph with apparently nothing but brute strength and there were no adverse effects on the planet whatsoever. These kind of inconsistencies happen all the time, especially when dealing with planetary weight and beyond.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Wasn't Corvus only killed after he took the full brunt of Proxima spear attack? She also picked up his glaive so maybe it's his consciousness or soul that can never be killed only his body.

Hickman recently had Hyperion catch a planet (seemingly larger than Earth) travelling at 500,000 mph with apparently nothing but brute strength and there were no adverse effects on the planet whatsoever. These kind of inconsistencies happen all the time, especially when dealing with planetary weight and beyond.

It was split, IIRC - Cap took 2 of the spears (or was it one?) and Corvus took the rest.

Maybe Glaive will come back, hopefully. He was the most interesting of the generals.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.