Ebony Blade vs Sword of Superman vs Infinite Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Three incredibly powerful weapons.

But which is most powerful?

Need help with this, because I keep trying to tell my two friends the Infinity Gauntlet is stronger, yet one is saying the Ebony Blade is stronger, and the other says the Sword of Superman is stronger.

In order, which out of these 3 Legendary weapons are the strongest?

I say it would be like this:

1. Infinity Gauntlet

2. Sword of Superman

3. Ebony Blade

leonidas
sword of superman=pure speculation. if you believe it was a sword intended for superman by god and that it was truly turning him into a 'true god-level' entity, then probably the sword first.

on panel? IG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>superman sword>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ebony blade

or, if you feel there is not enough on the superman sword to even comment (which is most likely the most accurate assessment of its powers) then IG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.......................................................................................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ebony blade (i've understated things a bit, but you get the idea.)

Branlor Swift
Ebony Blade > Infinity Being Nemesis >>>(infinity plus 1) Sword of Superman

Also, thanks for stretching the page

leonidas
forgot EB>IB. and LOL that's why i'm here. big grin

damn, this page really IS f'd up.....

Sundipped
^
Yeah thanks a lot . I need a magnifying glass to read this page. smile
The EB is not>>>>IB though.

Mr Master
Originally posted by leonidas
sword of superman=pure speculation.

on panel? IG>>>>>>>>>>>superman sword>>>>>>>>>>>>ebony blade

or, if you feel there is not enough on the superman sword to even
comment (which is most likely the most accurate assessment of its
powers) then IG>>>>>>>>.........>>>>>>ebony blade (i've
understated things a bit, but you get the idea.)
This had me literally lol. I don't know, I just kept laughing hard. In a positive way Leo.
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Ebony Blade > Infinity Being Nemesis
But this almost made choke in giggles. Damn B, your sarcasm has no end.

Jmanghan
Didn't the Sword of Superman make him all-knowing and all powerful? On its own? On top of the fact it was created by the Big Bang.

Cogito
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Didn't the Sword of Superman make him all-knowing and all powerful? On its own? On top of the fact it was created by the Big Bang.

The sword didn't actually do anything, because he gave it up before it did.

But it was merging him with the universe or some shit.

operator616
^ making him one with the universe, you mean?

http://i.imgur.com/4gMNeOH.jpg?1

That was a retelling, but Superman specifically explained that it was making him omnscient/all-seeing, directly after he began (and stopped) transforming:

http://i.imgur.com/CAocUIU.jpg?1

And that's what was meant by "making him one with the universe".

I also seem to remember that Superman actually struck King Kosmos with it, and it did no damage. Wasn't too much impressed with King Kosmos in DC comics presents
(his other appearance), he's actually weaker than superman, though his tech is what makes him a dangerous opponent (even then, he dominated
a nation in a future timeline, and then was overthrown), though he increased his power in the supreman annual he was still only superman-level, and not more...

But on the positive side, the sword does grant omniscience, and it draws power from primeval matter (which is very impressive)...........still, IG should win without a doubt.

Galan007
Lol. g007-psyduck

Cogito
Originally posted by operator616
^ making him one with the universe, you mean?

http://i.imgur.com/4gMNeOH.jpg?1

That was a retelling, but Superman specifically explained that it was making him omnscient/all-seeing, directly after he began (and stopped) transforming:

http://i.imgur.com/CAocUIU.jpg?1

And that's what was meant by "making him one with the universe".

I also seem to remember that Superman actually struck King Kosmos with it, and it did no damage. Wasn't too much impressed with King Kosmos in DC comics presents
(his other appearance), he's actually weaker than superman, though his tech is what makes him a dangerous opponent (even then, he dominated
a nation in a future timeline, and then was overthrown), though he increased his power in the supreman annual he was still only superman-level, and not more...

But on the positive side, the sword does grant omniscience, and it draws power from primeval matter (which is very impressive)...........still, IG should win without a doubt.

That's what I said.

But I don't recall the sword every appearing outside of that instance, so I don't know what King Kosmos feat you're talking about.

Galan007
King Kosmos was the baddie Supes fought while in possession of the SoS:

operator616
Originally posted by Cogito
That's what I said.

But I don't recall the sword every appearing outside of that instance, so I don't know what King Kosmos feat you're talking about.

Cool, although im sure some people took "merging with the universe" in the sense that he was becoming the embodiment of the universe, instead of becoming omniscient.
Hence the clarification.

You mean when Superman struck Kosmos with it? It happened in the same issue, Superman v1 Annual #10. Scans are already posted above.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.