Review : Johnny English

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Corran
Quite amusing, but not hilarious. Johnny English has some good humour at times and is quite good light entertainment. I expected more of this because Rowan Atkinson is usually extremely funny and talented playing the half-witted Mr Bean, but as Johnny English he is not half-witted but merely a little clumsy, which does add to the humour and the appearance that he is the bumbling fool. If you like good old slapstick humour then you will enjoy this. Natalie Imbruglia is an extremely attractive lady but fails to impress as Lorna Campbell, maybe someone else like Angeline Jolie could have made the role better. I would wait for this to come out on Video rather than wasting time, energy and money going to the cinema. 5/10

Mujaffa
"this area is the most secure in the whole of england....*Loud Boom from explosion!

finti
crap

Bad Boy
I've seen Johnny English 11 times and counting now!!! AAARRRGGHHH!!!!!

Thomas H
why??

This movie got to suck!

Bad Boy
It's the problems you get when you work in a cinema!

Mujaffa
yuo work in a cinema...lucky..

BackFire349
mr. bean kicks ass.

finti
this one sucked big time, and I have had enough of Mr Bean too

Bad Boy
13 times and counting......

Mujaffa
heheHappy Dance

hayden's minx
............... quite posibly the most crappy film i have ever seen.

kychesu
i like mr bean and all, but i'm not gonna pay 14 bucks to see this

Hawaii596
After reading all the previous posts, I have to put in my two cents.

This is definitely for people who love Mister Bean. If you don't like Mister Bean (portrayed by Rowan Atkinson), don't go to this movie. I say that carefully because I really liked it.

Rowan Atlkinson is somewhat a Cult Following Phenomenon. He has a strange sense of humor (a little parallel to Monty Python), and this movie uses it. I liked it, my wife and 13 year old son didn't.

So all of you diehard Mister Bean fans, most definitely go see this movie (or perhaps wait for it to come out on video to save the money). The good side is that you can easily pick out your seats in the theatre.

Within the context of appreciating Mister Bean, it was a pretty lighthearted spoof on a total bumblehead parallel to James Bond. It had a believable, followable plot, and a few humorous scenes. I believe it caters a little more to fans of British dry humor.

I really liked it, but in good conscious, I have to try to give as accurate impression as I can.

wicker_man
Rowan Atkinson is an actor that can assume a wide variety of comedy roles from the slapstick Stupid (i.e. Mr Bean) to The Snooby (i.e. The Thin Blue Line) to the Downright arrogant (i.e. Blackadder).

gregmss
why are u discussing this it came out 2 years ago it is out on dvd now and u r talking about the cineama by the way u just don't get brit humor

DeNiro
i liked the bean movie pretty funny so i probly will like the johnny english movie i will probly wai tthough for it to com out on video

BondJamesBond
I really liked the movie, and humor is humor there gregmss!

fini
i agree with an earlier point, Rowan is funny but not unless you've seen his earlier work, u will not find him that funny.

YEah the movie wasn't that great, but it was funny though.........i've grown up seeing that goofy face of Rowan Atkinson and just loved to see it on big screen.......... laughing out loud the scene where he discovered he was in the wrong building was side splitingly funny.

In the States they have Sienfeld, which i could never understand why people found he was so great, so those yanks have the same sentiment for our Mr. bean. But i can say the cinemas here were packed when that movie came out in April

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.