Apollo (DCnU & WS) Vs Namor & Wonder Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/APOL_zps90ad1052.jpg
&
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AP_zps773acc4f.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/NAM_zpsdeb26132.jpg
&
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/WM_zps3a095569.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
This is actually a pretty interesting fight.

DCnU Apollo got a bit of a push but Wonder Man is still a lot more powerful currently. On the flip side, he is a pacifist now and doesn't want to fight.

Namor is way stronger then either Apollo, particularly the Wildstorm incarnation, and would basically tear him to pieces but he's vulnerable to an extent to extreme heat which Apollo can unleash. However, a powerful blast of that nature extremely drains Apollo and Namor can be pretty resistant when he needs to be.

I'm conflicted. Is the fight near water? If Wonder Man is pissed and fighting? Although that's probably unfair because Simon can probably solo without much fuss.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This is actually a pretty interesting fight.

DCnU Apollo got a bit of a push but Wonder Man is still a lot more powerful currently. On the flip side, he is a pacifist now and doesn't want to fight.

Namor is way stronger then either Apollo, particularly the Wildstorm incarnation, and would basically tear him to pieces but he's vulnerable to an extent to extreme heat which Apollo can unleash. However, a powerful blast of that nature extremely drains Apollo and Namor can be pretty resistant when he needs to be.

I'm conflicted. Is the fight near water? If Wonder Man is pissed and fighting? Although that's probably unfair because Simon can probably solo without much fuss.

Fight takes place in New York City.

StyleTime
Well, CIS is on, and Wonder Man is a pacifist now so....ha-som

Digi
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Namor is way stronger then either Apollo

*raises eyebrow*

carver9
In the pic...Namor has his wet suit on. Apollo has been stated as being one of the most powerful being on the planet but he hasn't shown anything. With that said...either Namor or Wonderman can solo this. Unless Golgo know of some fts from Apollo that I am unaware of?

Love the character and can't wait until they do more with him but he loses badly here.

Sensui
Namor used to be stronger.

Nowadays (AvX) Namor is being stalemated by the Thing.

I think Apollo would down Namor with heat then its between him and Wonderman.

Digi
All comments are about WS version:

Assuming he has a normal charge, he's covered the entire moon with heat vision and been none the worse for wear. His supposed lack of sustainability is wildly overstated. As long as he doesn't start drained and the fight is somewhere outside, he's fine.

He's also wrecked space stations the size of a continent and can easily exist in the heart of the sun. In a canon crossover, he also no-sold blasts from Cpt. Atom and cracked his outer shell with heat vision.

Am I missing something here? Did Namor get a recent powerup? WS Apollo is in a different league than Namor.

Wonder Man would be a more interesting matchup, but I don't know enough for certain to comment on he and Apollo's battle.

Sensui
DCNU Apollo smashed a planet killing asteroid in Stormwatch #3 so he should be strong enough to tangle with either current Namor or Wonderman one on one.

Sensui
The respect thread made by Digi

(Apollo is right at the beginning)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t405554.html

He didn't completely destroy that continent sized space station but he looked to me to destroy a country sized section.

carver9
Originally posted by Sensui
Namor used to be stronger.

Nowadays (AvX) Namor is being stalemated by the Thing.

I think Apollo would down Namor with heat then its between him and Wonderman.

I agree. That's why people like Nightcrawler can beat Classic Juggernaut. That's why Captain America can knock out Hulk and Carnage can take out Silver Surfer? Makes perfect sense, we base things off of 1 time showings. Ignore the time Namor took on the entirety of the Fantastic Four or one shot koed thing. AVX is the prime source. With that said...since Wonderman has been taken out by Green Goblin and Thing did well against Namor...team loses 20/20.

Supermex
Why is everybody looking good in them pic's yet Namor is taking a anal probin?

LordofBrooklyn
Unless Namor is fighting Apollo underwater he is clearly outmatched in strength.

Simon on the other hand is class 100 and the stamina that he a given his ionic powers is a real problem for Apollo.

carver9
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Unless Namor is fighting Apollo underwater he is clearly outmatched in strength.

Simon on the other hand is class 100 and the stamina that he a given his ionic powers is a real problem for Apollo.

Lol...Namor is a high Class 100 and his strength fts outweighs Apollos.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...Namor is a high Class 100 and his strength fts outweighs Apollos.

High class 100 out of the water?

NO.

carver9
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
High class 100 out of the water?

NO.

So a guy that lifted Utopia out of water isn't a high class 100?

Golgo13
DCnU Apollo just realized that the sun amps him. lols After he was amped, he KO'd one of Etremax's minions with utter ease. The same minion who was fighting the whole team at once.

carver9
Originally posted by Golgo13
DCnU Apollo just realized that the sun amps him. lols After he was amped, he KO'd one of Etremax's minions with utter ease. The same minion who was fighting the whole team at once.

Is Apollo amped in this fight? If so, you created a spite thread? Let me know. If he flies off to the sun, thats a self bfr.

Golgo13
Is Apollo amped in this fight? If so, you created a spite thread? Let me know. If he flies off to the sun, thats a self bfr.

Cool your jets, Carv. I was just pointing out a funny feat, because it was a no brainer. Everyone is at standard levels.

carver9
Originally posted by Golgo13
Cool your jets, Carv. I was just pointing out a funny feat, because it was a no brainer. Everyone is at standard levels.

mad I cant tell with you.

Digi
Originally posted by Sensui
The respect thread made by Digi

(Apollo is right at the beginning)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t405554.html

He didn't completely destroy that continent sized space station but he looked to me to destroy a country sized section.

Read the caption. The docking bay was said to be the size of a continent, not the whole ship (which is probably more like a small planet). I didn't err in my word choice.

Also, that's the old Authority Respect Thread. Here's the better one: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t484278.html

Amped is a relative term in this fight with Apollo. What exactly does amped mean? Sundipped? Technically he's that way after some Florida sunbathing. Golgo said "standard" which is equally nonsensical. For someone whose power levels are in constant flux, there's no such thing as standard. Let's just assume the sun is shining, but that he's not pulling a self-BFR, eh?

DarkSaint85
'Door'.

evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.