Rune King Thor/HP Doomsday VS Superboy Prime/Sentry:AMALGAM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Rune King Thor

Doomsday- HUNTER PREY

VS

Superboy Prime

Sentry

King Doom or Sentry Prime?

Insane Titan
Lol Sentry adds a lot to Prime

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Insane Titan

Read more comics.

Now.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Read more comics.

Now. I've forgotten more than you've ever know about comics .

Sentry prime loses

bbrem123
rune king thor? really?

LordofBrooklyn
I've forgotten more than you've ever know about comics .

Sentry prime loses

This statement clearly implies that the Sentry's powerset is rendered moot by Superboy Prime's existing powers.

Your "Vast" knowledge of comic canon should allow you to answer the following.

Telekinesis
Matter Manipulation
Calming effect
Telepathy

Does Superboy Prime posses these abilities?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by bbrem123
rune king thor? really?

Yes, really.

Prime's immunity to magic is significant here.

Insane Titan
This statement clearly implies that the Sentry's powerset is rendered moot by Superboy Prime's existing powers.

Your "Vast" knowledge of comic canon should allow you to answer the following.

Telekinesis
Matter Manipulation
Calming effect
Telepathy

Does Superboy Prime posses these abilities? haha Sentry rarely if anytime used them powers In battle.

As for calming effect it worked once against a calm dumb Hulk, it was worthless against WWH

LordofBrooklyn
haha Sentry rarely if anytime used them powers In battle.

Are you serious?

When you stated that "I've forgotten more than you've ever know about comics"

Were you refering to manga?

Insane Titan
Are you serious?

When you stated that "I've forgotten more than you've ever know about comics"

Were you refering to manga? yeah I'm serious, why don't you reel off all the times Sentry used these powers in battle with any real effect

LordofBrooklyn
yeah I'm serious, why don't you reel off all the times Sentry used these powers in battle with any real effect

DARK AVENGERS
NEW AVENGERS
SIEGE

LordofBrooklyn
Your asking me to list them is a tacit admission to your lack of knowledge.

Insane Titan
DARK AVENGERS
NEW AVENGERS
SIEGE all you've done is name arcs lol as you know what I asked you can't prove.

Insane Titan
Your asking me to list them is a tacit admission to your lack of knowledge. tell that to you're self champ , when we both know it's a excuse on your part .

All you have to is give the examples he used in battle and I'm wrong il admit it, so il wait on you

LordofBrooklyn
all you've done is name arcs lol as you know what I asked you can't prove.

LOL

You mean I have to list the issue numbers as well for someone whose comic knowledge VASTLY surpasses mine?

If I list them what happens then? Do you concede?

Insane Titan
LOL

You mean I have to list the issue numbers as well for someone whose comic knowledge VASTLY surpasses mine?

If I list them what happens then? Do you concede? you made the claim about the powers not me so you have to prove it that's how it works.

List when he used the in battle against someone with some kind effect

LordofBrooklyn
you made the claim about the powers not me so you have to prove it that's how it works.

List when he used the in battle against someone with some kind effect

DARK AVENGERS 12- Molecule Man. You should know this

SIEGE 4- Loki. You should know this.

NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL 11- Telepathic manipulation.

WORLD WAR HULK- Do I really have to say who he used empathic power against?

There are others but these issues are the ones everyone knows about.

Except you it seems. cool

CONCEDE!

Insane Titan
DARK AVENGERS 12- Molecule Man. You should know this

SIEGE 4- Loki. You should know this.

NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL 11- Telepathic manipulation.

WORLD WAR HULK- Do I really have to say who he used empathic power against?

There are others but these issues are the ones everyone knows about.

Except you it seems. cool

CONCEDE! against MM he was Void not Sentry as you stated and he has only done it once.

Loki he more less ripped in half again Void not Sentry

Haha he didn't manipulate anyone at all nice try though

Yeah you do as he never used on Hulk.

Anymore more BS?

LordofBrooklyn
against MM he was Void not Sentry as you stated and he has only done it once.

Loki he more less ripped in half again Void not Sentry

Haha he didn't manipulate anyone at all nice try though

Yeah you do as he never used on Hulk.

Anymore more BS?

You are embarassing yourself.

You haven't read ANY of the stories.

Keep going though.

What is even better is that you STILL can't refute my original argument that the Sentry adds powers to SBP that he doesn't possess.

big grin

P.S. Please keep denying the obvious canon to save face.

Insane Titan
So no real comeback to counter anything I said, It may of helped your case if you had of known Sentry was Void influenced in 3 of the feats you named.

Stick to making countless spam threads hoping to make pals

Insane Titan
You really think Sentry adds something to Prime that HP DD/RKT can't deal with WTF LOL

LordofBrooklyn
So no real comeback to counter anything I said, It may of helped your case if you had of known Sentry was Void influenced in 3 of the feats you named.

Stick to making countless spam threads hoping to make pals

You continue to make an ass of yourself.

Tell me the depictions of the Sentry I've referenced where he was Void controlled.

Let me help you.

NOT WORLD WAR HULK.

NOT DARK AVENGERS

NOT NEW AVENGERS

NOT SIEGE as that part is debatble until the final issue where he gave up control until he allowed Thor to kill him.

You tried to take a cheapshot and failed. MISERABLY.

LordofBrooklyn
You really think Sentry adds something to Prime that HP DD/RKT can't deal with WTF LOL

Superboy Prime renders all magic based attacks useless.

The Sentry's matter manipulation is the basis for all of his powers. If he can outmatch Owen in that department his range of offense and defense is almost limitless. That doesn't take into account his other laundry list of abilities as well.

The restraint on The Sentry's part is also removed by SBP's persona.

Insane Titan
Can you read? I never said he was Viid influenced in WWH and he never used the power claimed he did in that arc so stop lying.

The matter feats you named he did as the Void ffs and other feats during Dark Avengers etc he was Void influenced as Norman Osborn was giving him Void serum from the start .

Even when trying to be smart you end up looking stupid , good job

LordofBrooklyn
Can you read? I never said he was Viid influenced in WWH and he never used the power claimed he did in that arc so stop lying.

The matter feats you named he did as the Void ffs and other feats during Dark Avengers etc he was Void influenced as Norman Osborn was giving him Void serum from the start .

Even when trying to be smart you end up looking stupid , good job

THE SCANS ARE IN THE RESPECT THREAD WITH A SENTRY EXPERT REFUTING EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID!

LOL

LordofBrooklyn
Let me provide an overwiew of Insane Titan's commentary.

1. The Sentry Provides nothing to Superboy Prime - Yes, if we discount; matter manipulation, telepathy, telekinesis, empathic powers, invisibility,regeneration, nacho cheese bolts etc.

It is painfully clear the Insane one is WRONG.

2. The Sentry rarely does X- To move to another point of failure he sees fit to neuter The Sentry with a ridiculous standard. A character in a forum battle is allowed to use all the powers at their disposal unless specified otherwise.

Why is The Sentry being limited in this matchup?

3. The Sentry didn't use these powers in combat- The character clearly used the aforementioned powers in combat and yet he STILL denies the canon.

Insane is wrong yet again.

carver9
This is a complete massacre.

deathslash
Why not? I'll give Super Sentry Prime the nod (immunity to magic, superior speed, matter manipulation, etc.)

mighty adam
Prime sentry. prime will add unbelievable levels of pis to sentry. he will always be at a level where he can wipe everybody's mind and bring back the dead. No helcarrier taking him out. he taking universe explodeding in his face. He is a abstract being!

mighty adam
Add in blackadam doom combo or a flash black bolt combo. Or a lex Luther wbh combo.

mighty adam
BLACKDOOM or FLASHBOLT or WB LEX

Insane Titan
You continue to make an ass of yourself.

Tell me the depictions of the Sentry I've referenced where he was Void controlled.

Let me help you.

NOT WORLD WAR HULK.

NOT DARK AVENGERS

NOT NEW AVENGERS

NOT SIEGE as that part is debatble until the final issue where he gave up control until he allowed Thor to kill him.

You tried to take a cheapshot and failed. MISERABLY. I never said he was Void influenced in WWH and you failed to give the example of calming feat from that arc.

He was Void influenced in NA/DA as his eyes blacked out etc and Norman Osborn was giving bob extra Void serum from the start.

Plus all the other feats you named he did as the void not Sentry.

If you're gonna be smart ass plz at be right

Insane Titan
THE SCANS ARE IN THE RESPECT THREAD WITH A SENTRY EXPERT REFUTING EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID!

LOL still waiting on this proof champ

LordofBrooklyn
still waiting on this proof champ

You are STILL in denial?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

Go to Enzeru's respect thread and see it for yourself.

Not that I think it would make any difference but would you accept Enzeru's opinion on your comments here about Sentry?

As for this

Seeing as you want to be all smart ass just because you ass kiss posters and mods ass, how about me and you have a battlezone soon with the loser leaves KMC for ever/gets a perma ban from a mod, then will really see who knows more.

Let's see you do this

Whenever you're ready for me to crush you again and have you leave KMC permanently let me know. cool

Insane Titan
You are STILL in denial?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

Not that I think it would make any difference but would you accept Enzeru's opinion on your comments here about Sentry?

As for this

Seeing as you want to be all smart ass just because you ass kiss posters and mods ass, how about me and you have a battlezone soon with the loser leaves KMC for ever/gets a perma ban from a mod, then will really see who knows more.

Let's see you do this

Whenever you're ready for me to crush you again and have you leave KMC permanently let me know. cool you want me to take a sentry fanboys view as proof lol, you have to do the proving.

You can't even get your feats straight for starters

You do know posting a PM is a ban? Pick your character within reason and il pick Thanos

LordofBrooklyn
you want me to take a sentry fanboys view as proof lol, you have to do the proving.

You can't even get your feats straight for starters

You do know posting a PM is a ban? Pick your character within reason and il pick Thanos

Why would you PM a challenge that you could simply make here?

Canon has no favorites.

You won't accept it from me. You won't accept it from a guy who may be the literal incarnation of the character and you want to be taken seriously?

I'll pick Rune King Thor!

Enzeru
still waiting on this proof champ

This is now about Sentry having the power to calm the Hulk down - which also happened on multiple occasions, including the WW Hulk arc to some extend:

1. Sentry used that ability to calm the Hulk down during their very first encounter:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108566/3568956-1.jpg

Besides that it's also well known that Sentry was helping the Hulk dealing with his anger issues in the past (just like he was helping Tony Stark with his alcohole addiction, Angel with his fear of flying and Rogue with her fear of touching guys).

2. Reed Richards and Tony Stark confirm that Sentry is capable of calming the Hulk down with his powers:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108566/3568957-2.jpg

3. In the World War Hulk arc Reed Richards creates a gadget that simmulates Sentry's powers and uses it on Hulk:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108566/3568958-3.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108566/3568959-4.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108566/3568960-5.jpg

Hulk was just about to SMASH the Thing and when he sees the light, he immediately stops and starts staggering towards the golden figure: "S-S-S-Sentry.", "Golden Man..."
Things once again confirms that Sentry was capable of calming the Hulk down.

Now both scenarios can be argued: One is that Richards device was working for a moment, since Hulk immediately stopped with his rage, was staggered and smiled at the golden light.
The other scenario is Hulk being the words greatest actor and delivering an Oscar-worthy performance to lure Richards in to grab him.

(Scenario 2 would be a bad showing 1. a bad showing for Hulk IMO, since it would prove that he is not even fast enough to grab a regular guy and 2. would be very out of character for the Hulk to pretend something, instead of leaping in and smashing. I think that the device was working just fine for a moment, but the Hulk was overall too angry to actually stop him at that point)

You won't accept it from a guy who may be the literal incarnation of the character

That caught me off guard trinking soda. Now it's all over my keyboard big grin

Insane Titan
Why would you PM a challenge that you could simply make here?

Canon has no favorites.

You won't accept it from me. You won't accept it from a guy who may be the literal incarnation of the character and you want to be taken seriously?

I'll pick Rune King Thor!

Simple because it's between me and you.

No but the context does.

Lmao you absolute fool and stop ass kissing other posters it's sad .

RKT , bwhahahahaha he is way above Thanos , get a clue

Zack Fair
Rune King Doomsday assrapes.

LordofBrooklyn
Simple because it's between me and you.

No but the context does.

Lmao you absolute fool and stop ass kissing other posters it's sad .

RKT , bwhahahahaha he is way above Thanos , get a clue

Self destruction is such a beautiful thing to see.

Keep posting! big grin

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Rune King Doomsday assrapes.

No, actually they don't.

Runes are magically empowered.

Prime is immune to magic.

Sentry has matter manipulation on the level of Molecule Man. He can match whatever Rune King Thor can muster. Regeneration is also handy here as well.

I don't believe HP Doomsday is immune to telepathy so that is viable as well as Sentry's calming aura.

Insane Titan
Self destruction is such a beautiful thing to see.

Keep posting! big grin everything I just posted can be countered if you had the ability or knowledge .... But sadly you clearly don't

LordofBrooklyn
everything I just posted can be countered if you had the ability or knowledge .... But sadly you clearly don't

You've been ANNIHILATED.

Accept it.

I gave you the option to allow someone else to interpret the characterizations and you STILL failed at that.

Insane Titan
You've been ANNIHILATED.

Accept it.

I gave you the option to allow someone else to interpret the characterizations and you STILL failed at that. you gave feats and examples that you couldn't even get right in the first place .

Then you tried to pass off a bias fanboys view as proof of your argument.

You then also choose a character with a power lvl far beyond Thanos because you're either scared or clueless

Sin I AM
Hey so isn't prime resistant to magic not immune

ODG
^ Superman Prime is resistant to DC magic users but immune to Marvel magic users is what he's trying to say.

LordofBrooklyn
you gave feats and examples that you couldn't even get right in the first place .

Then you tried to pass off a bias fanboys view as proof of your argument.

You then also choose a character with a power lvl far beyond Thanos because you're either scared or clueless

From failure to failure.

I don't have the knowledge about The Sentry.

The creator of the Sentry respect THREADS doesn't have knowledge about The Sentry.

Who has this secret Sentry knowledge?

Bendis?

Sin I AM
Oh ok. Its a bit ambiguous. It seems odd to me that he would be immune. Especially given that at rkt levels magic takes on a more cosmic role. I always wondered how hewwould fair in a non pis bout with the likes of strsnge or fate.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Oh ok. Its a bit ambiguous. It seems odd to me that he would be immune. Especially given that at rkt levels magic takes on a more cosmic role. I always wondered how hewwould fair in a non pis bout with the likes of strsnge or fate.

Why would Rune King Thor's magic be any different?

Sin I AM
Why would Rune King Thor's magic be any different?

Simply put all energy once it reaches a certain level is pretty much synonymous. Power cosmic, quantum energy, godly magic it all has the same results albeit from different sources

LordofBrooklyn
Simply put all energy once it reaches a certain level is pretty much synonymous. Power cosmic, quantum energy, godly magic it all has the same results albeit from different sources

It isn't actually.

If that were the case the incident with Desak would be pointless.

Sin I AM
I mean I know he stated that bladams lightning tickled and all but I always chopped that up to his insane durability as opposed to outright immunity

Sin I AM
I mean I know he stated that bladams lightning tickled and all but I always chopped that up to his insane durability as opposed to outright immunity

Explain, I don't recall what your referencing

LordofBrooklyn

There is an incident in LEGION OF THREE WORLDS that shows the immunity but I can't quite recall it.

Some character attacks Prime and someone states "Magic doesn't work on him" and then he kills them.

LordofBrooklyn
Explain, I don't recall what your referencing

Thor was able to negate Desak's power that was god killing specific with his magic based power.

Prime is immune to magic from all sources not just gods.

Sin I AM
Interesting. Id need to read more on prime. From what uve stated that would make this thread spite since rkt is useless

LordofBrooklyn
Interesting. Id need to read more on prime. From what uve stated that would make this thread spite since rkt is useless

Far from it.

RKT's power gives HP Doomsday an immense boost. Theorizing how HP Doomsday ability to adapt given a cosmic level amp is also interesting.

Uriel005
No, actually they don't.

Runes are magically empowered.

Prime is immune to magic.

Sentry has matter manipulation on the level of Molecule Man. He can match whatever Rune King Thor can muster. Regeneration is also handy here as well.

I don't believe HP Doomsday is immune to telepathy so that is viable as well as Sentry's calming aura. Brooklyn have to give your argument the nod over Titan that said I think this is a bit closer than your calling it.

HP Doomsday adaptability rate+ the RKT might be able to overcome Prime Sentry. RKT was no slouch in terms of durability and his psychic is not too shabby. Furthermore IIRC the Radiant which was an energy being of ridiculous power basically instakilled a weaker version of Doomsday and the next fight he murdered him. So the biggest concern I have is does RKT + Doomsday have the durability to survive the initial salvos of Sentry Prime and adapt to him. becoming resistant to Sentry's matter manips and primes raw power as well as adapting RKT's magic around Prime's magic resist as Doomsday did with the issues of Radiant being comprised solely of energy.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Uriel005
Brooklyn have to give your argument the nod over Titan that said I think this is a bit closer than your calling it.

HP Doomsday adaptability rate+ the RKT might be able to overcome Prime Sentry. RKT was no slouch in terms of durability and his psychic is not too shabby. Furthermore IIRC the Radiant which was an energy being of ridiculous power basically instakilled a weaker version of Doomsday and the next fight he murdered him. So the biggest concern I have is does RKT + Doomsday have the durability to survive the initial salvos of Sentry Prime and adapt to him. becoming resistant to Sentry's matter manips and primes raw power as well as adapting RKT's magic around Prime's magic resist as Doomsday did with the issues of Radiant being comprised solely of energy.

Yes, you bring up a great point.

It is reasonable to argue that Doomsday's power can adapt beyond Prime's magic immunity.

Branlor Swift
Brooklyn have to give your argument the nod over Titan that said I think this is a bit closer than your calling it.

HP Doomsday adaptability rate+ the RKT might be able to overcome Prime Sentry. RKT was no slouch in terms of durability and his psychic is not too shabby. Furthermore IIRC the Radiant which was an energy being of ridiculous power basically instakilled a weaker version of Doomsday and the next fight he murdered him. So the biggest concern I have is does RKT + Doomsday have the durability to survive the initial salvos of Sentry Prime and adapt to him. becoming resistant to Sentry's matter manips and primes raw power as well as adapting RKT's magic around Prime's magic resist as Doomsday did with the issues of Radiant being comprised solely of energy. Radiant fought Doomsday the first time for over a week...

CatL18
Didn't Odin create nine world(Dimension,universe)?
so,Odin is universal. Rune King Thor is more powerful than Odin.
Isn't it one sided?

operator616
^ it wasn't Odin alone who created the asgardian universe, he had his brothers' help. But yes, the creation story was shown originally back in Thor Annual #5:

http://i.imgur.com/aSnK4CP.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/TdjnDIH.jpg

".....created the countless stars"

This story was supported by statements in later stories (let me know if you want them).

Though Odin does have universal feats alone.

pym-ftw
Spikey Thor wins with ease.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Radiant fought Doomsday the first time for over a week... who am i thinking of then?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by CatL18
Didn't Odin create nine world(Dimension,universe)?
so,Odin is universal. Rune King Thor is more powerful than Odin.
Isn't it one sided?

A significant portion of Rune King Thor's power is derived from magic.

Unlike others who shall remain nameless, I accept the knowledge of noted experts on characters. From my viewpoint, I would think Rune King Thor derives about 60 or 70% of his power from magic.

Prime grants the Sentry Prime combo magical immunity.

As brought up by Uriel, this immunity may be short lived as HP Doomsday's adaptive power may overcome the limitation.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Spikey Thor wins with ease.

If by ease you mean fighting for their very lives, then you are correct.

Branlor Swift
who am i thinking of then? Probably the fight. Just glossed over a couple words most likely.
On panel the fight's pretty short.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A significant portion of Rune King Thor's power is derived from magic.

Unlike others who shall remain nameless, I accept the knowledge of noted experts on characters. From my viewpoint, I would think Rune King Thor derives about 60 or 70% of his power from magic.

Prime grants the Sentry Prime combo magical immunity.

As brought up by Uriel, this immunity may be short lived as HP Doomsday's adaptive power may overcome the limitation.

No limit fallacy there.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
No limit fallacy there.

What percentage of Rune King Thor's power can be attributed to magic?

Branlor Swift
What percentage of Rune King Thor's power can be attributed to magic? .4%

kgkg
Originally posted by operator616
^ it wasn't Odin alone who created the asgardian universe, he had his brothers' help. But yes, the creation story was shown originally back in Thor Annual #5:

http://i.imgur.com/aSnK4CP.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/TdjnDIH.jpg

".....created the countless stars"

This story was supported by statements in later stories (let me know if you want them).

Though Odin does have universal feats alone. Okay but The Odin Force is a combination of Odin and his brothers powers.

So current Odin has his bother's powers

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
.4%

LIES!

Uriel005
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
No limit fallacy there. Doomsday's powerset is adaptation.... its not a no limits fallacy because by the very definition of his character and attributes its what he does... Besides as I said before it comes down to whether or not they can weather the initial opening of prime and sentry for his adaptability to come into play for the fight...

operator616
Originally posted by kgkg
Okay but The Odin Force is a combination of Odin and his brothers powers.

So current Odin has his bother's powers

Yeah, that's true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.