Avangers vs JLA- With a Twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaxthejester
(Kudos to the boys at Mickeys Tavern for this idea.)

"Justice League vs Avengers... using their opponents favorite toys!"

Captain America with a GL Ring.
Thor with a Golden Lasso and invulnerable bracers.
Iron Man with Batman's Utility Belt and Kevlar-esque siut.
Quasar with the Speed Force.
And Hawkeye with Green Arrow's Quiver and Bow.

vs

Batman with Cap's Shield.
Wonder Woman with Mjolnir.
Flash with the Quantum Bands.
Hal Jordan with Iron Man's Armor.
Green Arrow with Hawkeye's Bow and Quiver.

Back Drop :
The teams have their gear switched by a playful Cosmic Entity, right before they are about to engage in a random encounter battle. So no Prep Time
Neither side has working knowledge of the other person's gear. They must figure it out themselves. If the gear provides them with some degree of intrinsic knowledge (such as Cosmic Awareness), then they start with said rudimentary knowledge of how their stuff works. But they still lack refinement and experience.
Jarvis is online in Iron Man's armor, but is not keyed to Stark's commands. It will obey it's new owner.
Wonder Woman is considered worthy to hold Mjolnir. It grants her the same boost it gave Beta Ray Bill.
Thor still has his standard Thor powers too, along with Dianna's gear.
Both archers have a large variety of trick arrows, but no way to know what they do until they shoot them.
Batman is put in street clothes. No Gadgets, save for Cap's Shield.

Win Conditions :
No BFR.
K.O., Kill, Surrender, or Detain for a win.
Last man standing wins it for their team.
DC characters are at Classic/Pre-Flash Point levels.

Which team adapts better to this sudden change?

pym-ftw
Thor raises his hand and gets Mjoinir back, and that is about it...

jaxthejester
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thor raises his hand and gets Mjoinir back, and that is about it...

Fun idea... but wouldn't work in this scenario. WW is worthy and retains the Hammer in the same manner as Beta Ray Bill. She can will it right back to herself.

Thor would need to knock her out and take it back by force if he wants it. wink

Cogito
When you say they don't have working knowledge, do you mean they have no experience or they have zero knowledge whatsoever.

e.g.
Does Cap know the ring isn't just jewelry that talks to him? Does Diana know Mjolnir isn't just a hammer? Does Thor know about the bracers/lasso's general powersets? etc.

Firefly218
Avengers should win

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Cogito
When you say they don't have working knowledge, do you mean they have no experience or they have zero knowledge whatsoever.

e.g.
Does Cap know the ring isn't just jewelry that talks to him? Does Diana know Mjolnir isn't just a hammer? Does Thor know about the bracers/lasso's general powersets? etc.

Zero knowledge, beyond what they can work out for themselves.

This would be akin to giving a new Origin power to an established character, and having them try to puzzle it out during combat.

Cap will know little about the ring, until it reacts to his needs and manifests what I assume would likely be a green giant shield.
Dianna would be infused with power in the same manner as Beta Ray Bill was; I imagine she would notice an immediate massive power increase (akin to what Supes felt in the DC/JLA cross over when he held Thor's hammer).
Thor would know little about the lasso, aside from the quickly gained knowledge that it does not break (and other such incidentals).

big grin

Cogito
Stips heavily favor JLA then.

Cap's useless, rings don't come with cosmic awareness. He wouldn't even know they can make constructs. Best thing he has going is auto-shields.

Thor takes a heavy hit...he would not be at all effective with the lasso/bracers.

Tony...going hand to hand? Yawn.

Quasar may or may not do alright. Definitely doesn't know flash facts though.

and Hawkeye is totally unaffected by the switch.

Meanwhile Batman continues to perform about the same as before, WW gets a huge boost, Flash probably does alright, Hal does decently with Jarvis helping, and Ollie is unaffected.

Firefly218
Originally posted by jaxthejester
Zero knowledge, beyond what they can work out for themselves.

This would be akin to giving a new Origin power to an established character, and having them try to puzzle it out during combat.

Cap will know little about the ring, until it reacts to his needs and manifests what I assume would likely be a green giant shield.
Dianna would be infused with power in the same manner as Beta Ray Bill was; I imagine she would notice an immediate massive power increase (akin to what Supes felt in the DC/JLA cross over when he held Thor's hammer).
Thor would know little about the lasso, aside from the quickly gained knowledge that it does not break (and other such incidentals).

big grin

Nevermind. JLA stomps

jaxthejester

maxivitopowe
I'm crying

jaxthejester
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
I'm crying

stick out tongue It's a Jester thing.

Rao Kal El
Captain America with a GL Ring: Resorts to make CA green shields to throw around and a squad of emerald ww2 soldiers constructs
Thor with a Golden Lasso and invulnerable bracers: He will look funny and further ridicule on KMC, but on a serious note, he will just try to punch his way out and will put little or no attention to the lasso's powers
Iron Man with Batman's Utility Belt and Kevlar-esque siut.: He will make a gadget out of Batman's gadgets
Quasar with the Speed Force: He will do OK, I guess
And Hawkeye with Green Arrow's Quiver and Bow: Not bothered by the switch at all

vs

Batman with Cap's Shield: throws it as a batarang and uses it from time to time to protect himself, most likely he will end up finding some use for it
Wonder Woman with Mjolnir, she gets a boost and is the most benefited in the switch
Flash with the Quantum Bands: He will do alright I guess and will exploit or try to exploit the speed he can achieve with the bands, could make some "flash constructs"
Hal Jordan with Iron Man's Armor: He could fly this thing, he is a test pilot, so testing new equipment is his thing, he will do all right, IMO
Green Arrow with Hawkeye's Bow and Quiver: not affected by the switch at all.

I think JLA odds looks better

ODG
Stips heavily favor JLA then.

Cap's useless, rings don't come with cosmic awareness. He wouldn't even know they can make constructs. Best thing he has going is auto-shields.

Thor takes a heavy hit...he would not be at all effective with the lasso/bracers. They might.

But Cap' acclimated to powers in many breadths and forms. He's never displayed an inability to adapt, the opposite really. And at least in the New 52, GL rings appear to react to the user's desires, as shown by Simon Baz's debut. While I don't think Cap would be be an expert right off the bat, he'd be as defensive as any and, at the very least, be formidable in close combat with constructs. He's not completely inexperienced with creating constructs as he did use his photonic energy shield to produce various weapons in the past.

You make it sound like Thor is useless without Mjolnir. He is anything but. And those bracers and lasso aren't anything to scoff at. Originally posted by Cogito
Tony...going hand to hand? Yawn. It's probably not well-known, but Stark is actually a good H2H combatant. Originally posted by Cogito
Quasar may or may not do alright. Definitely doesn't know flash facts though.

and Hawkeye is totally unaffected by the switch.

Meanwhile Batman continues to perform about the same as before, WW gets a huge boost, Flash probably does alright, Hal does decently with Jarvis helping, and Ollie is unaffected. Not sure why Flash would do alright with the Quantum Bands, while Cap would be useless with the GL ring. Why would you state that Cap would have no idea how to use the GL ring but then imply Flash would be alright with the Quantum Bands?

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Captain America with a GL Ring: Resorts to make CA green shields to throw around and a squad of emerald ww2 soldiers constructs
Thor with a Golden Lasso and invulnerable bracers: He will look funny and further ridicule on KMC, but on a serious note, he will just try to punch his way out and will put little or no attention to the lasso's powers
Iron Man with Batman's Utility Belt and Kevlar-esque siut.: He will make a gadget out of Batman's gadgets
Quasar with the Speed Force: He will do OK, I guess
And Hawkeye with Green Arrow's Quiver and Bow: Not bothered by the switch at all

vs

Batman with Cap's Shield: throws it as a batarang and uses it from time to time to protect himself, most likely he will end up finding some use for it
Wonder Woman with Mjolnir, she gets a boost and is the most benefited in the switch
Flash with the Quantum Bands: He will do alright I guess and will exploit or try to exploit the speed he can achieve with the bands, could make some "flash constructs"
Hal Jordan with Iron Man's Armor: He could fly this thing, he is a test pilot, so testing new equipment is his thing, he will do all right, IMO
Green Arrow with Hawkeye's Bow and Quiver: not affected by the switch at all.

I think JLA odds looks better

Very nice breakdown, my friend. Well said.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by ODG
They might.

But Cap' acclimated to powers in many breadths and forms. He's never displayed an inability to adapt, the opposite really. And at least in the New 52, GL rings appear to react to the user's desires, as shown by Simon Baz's debut. While I don't think Cap would be be an expert right off the bat, he'd be as defensive as any and, at the very least, be formidable in close combat with constructs. He's not completely inexperienced with creating constructs as he did use his photonic energy shield to produce various weapons in the past.

You make it sound like Thor is useless without Mjolnir. He is anything but. And those bracers and lasso aren't anything to scoff at. It's probably not well-known, but Stark is actually a good H2H combatant. Not sure why Flash would do alright with the Quantum Bands, while Cap would be useless with the GL ring. Why would you state that Cap would have no idea how to use the GL ring but then imply Flash would be alright with the Quantum Bands?

Also some very fine points.

carver9
JLA wins.

pym-ftw
Unless they master the new items quickly this is Diana vs Thor h2h very quickly.

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
They might.

I have no doubt Cap could be quite formidable with a GL ring. But per the OP, he has literally zero knowledge. He doesn't know the ring can make constructs, he doesn't know it can shoot energy, all he knows is that it's a green ring and it's probably going to talk to him a little bit when he puts it on. If he knew it could make constructs, then I'm sure he could make them. I'm just not sure why he would be able to do anything when all he knows is that it's a piece of jewelry. Baz at least had some basic knowledge of the ring as everyone in the DCU does, from having seen them in action before.

Originally posted by ODG
You make it sound like Thor is useless without Mjolnir. He is anything but. And those bracers and lasso aren't anything to scoff at.
Just don't see Thor using them at all erm
He'd go hand to hand with Diana, and get rocked.

Originally posted by ODG
It's probably not well-known, but Stark is actually a good H2H combatant.
Good for a regular human, absolutely. Good for here? Not even close.

Originally posted by ODG
Not sure why Flash would do alright with the Quantum Bands, while Cap would be useless with the GL ring. Why would you state that Cap would have no idea how to use the GL ring but then imply Flash would be alright with the Quantum Bands?
1. Quantum Bands provide some cosmic awareness, yes? I don't know what happens when a new user puts them on for the first time, so this is partly based on speculation.
2. Flash (assuming Barry here) has some experience with a power ring before, which is at least somewhat similar.

ODG
I have no doubt Cap could be quite formidable with a GL ring. But per the OP, he has literally zero knowledge. He doesn't know the ring can make constructs, he doesn't know it can shoot energy, all he knows is that it's a green ring and it's probably going to talk to him a little bit when he puts it on. If he knew it could make constructs, then I'm sure he could make them. I'm just not sure why he would be able to do anything when all he knows is that it's a piece of jewelry. Baz at least had some basic knowledge of the ring as everyone in the DCU does, from having seen them in action before. Everything you just said would apply to Flash. But Flash somehow does alright with the Quantum Bands... because, y'know... in his case, let's just ignore all the rationale you used against Cap. Originally posted by Cogito
Just don't see Thor using them at all erm
He'd go hand to hand with Diana, and get rocked. Because Thor is useless in H2H? You do know that he's fought Masterson Thor barehanded while Eric was wielding Mjolnir, right? Originally posted by Cogito
Good for a regular human, absolutely. Good for here? Not even close. Considering he gets all of Batman's gear, and his H2H is probably far better than what you're assuming, then I'll simply dismiss your opinion. Originally posted by Cogito
1. Quantum Bands provide some cosmic awareness, yes? I don't know what happens when a new user puts them on for the first time, so this is partly based on speculation.
2. Flash (assuming Barry here) has some experience with a power ring before, which is at least somewhat similar. 1. If you have proof that the Quantum Bands provide Cosmic Awareness, by all means, post it.
2. Because somehow Flash knows that the Quantum Bands are, in any way at all, similar to a GL's power ring. I mean, you won't give Cap the benefit of the doubt, but sure, Flash... why not?

Odekahn
Avengers win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.