Do you recognize the paradoxes in the description of your God?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am
Do you recognize the paradoxes in the description of your God?

Can he possibly be the Omni-everything as described?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=L7jClyinERY&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVZBD-5fLSw

I find it interesting that God is described as unknowable, unfathomable and one who we cannot possibly understand with our lack of intelligence. He also works in mysterious ways.

Does it sound to you like the bibles authors went a bit overboard in their description of a God whom they say cannot be known or fathomed?

If they could not fathom anything of God, why do you think you can?

When you do describe your un-describable God, --- based purely on hearsay and book-says, --- as a Christian, --- do you see that unknowable information that you think you know to be true even though the bible itself says it cannot be, --- as lying?

If not, how do you know you speak the truth?

Regards
DL

bluewaterrider
Yaldabaoth?

Firefly218
The Bible is a glorified book of stories, manipulated into a tool of propaganda by corrupt popes.

According to the Bible, you can pay a nominal fee to have all your sins forgiven.That should say it all

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Firefly218

According to the Bible, you can pay a nominal fee to have all your sins forgiven.That should say it all

What section of the Bible says that?

Stealth Moose
To my knowledge, indulgences are wild interpretations of biblical passages which do not mention money exchange.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
To my knowledge, indulgences are wild interpretations of biblical passages which do not mention money exchange.

There is also more then one bible.

King James bible

Catholic bible

Ethiopian bible

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
There is also more then one bible.

King James bible

Catholic bible

Ethiopian bible

Right, but which one says "Give me money and I'll spare you from Hell/Purgatory?" Part of the reason why the practice pissed off Martin Luther so much is because it wasn't in the Bible of the time.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Right, but which one says "Give me money and I'll spare you from Hell/Purgatory?" Part of the reason why the practice pissed off Martin Luther so much is because it wasn't in the Bible of the time.

I don't know. I have only read the King James version.

Firefly218
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
What section of the Bible says that?

My bad. That's not in the Bible, the church used to say it was in the Bible.

Astner
Originally posted by Greatest I am
Can he possibly be the Omni-everything as described?
The doctrine of omnipotence isn't biblical.

Originally posted by Greatest I am
I find it interesting that God is described as unknowable, unfathomable and one who we cannot possibly understand with our lack of intelligence. He also works in mysterious ways.

Does it sound to you like the bibles authors went a bit overboard in their description of a God whom they say cannot be known or fathomed?

If they could not fathom anything of God, why do you think you can?
Where is God described as unfathomable?

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Astner
The doctrine of omnipotence isn't biblical.

Where is God described as unfathomable?

They use unfathomable and also a number of word that are basically synonyms.

http://biblehub.com/romans/11-33.htm

Regards
DL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.