Blue Marvel vs. Black Bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

pym-ftw
BM solidly imo.

Philosophía
Bump.

lawest9
The only chance that I see for BB here is for him to get off a shout first and bust Adam's ear drums and ko him while he is in intense pain, other than that............

AbelAnderson
A serious BB would kill Adam with a scream, those things could dish damage to Thanos whereas Thor's hammer and lightning couldn't. In an alternate reality, King Thanos also use BB's scream to kill a bunch of celestials and create a mega meteor+ explosion visible from space. Adam doesn't have feats to suggest he can survive any of that, so unless he blitz right off the bat and break BB's neck (which is out of character), he'd get stomped.

DarkSaint85
We don't use alt realities as proof...

Stoic
Originally posted by AbelAnderson
A serious BB would kill Adam with a scream, those things could dish damage to Thanos whereas Thor's hammer and lightning couldn't. In an alternate reality, King Thanos also use BB's scream to kill a bunch of celestials and create a mega meteor+ explosion visible from space. Adam doesn't have feats to suggest he can survive any of that, so unless he blitz right off the bat and break BB's neck (which is out of character), he'd get stomped.

Is that in character for Black Bolt to murder a hero? Has any others survived the shout?

lawest9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
We don't use alt realities as proof... Thanks for pointing that out DS, I was about to inquire about that before I read your post.

Booya_69
Blue Marvel wins the majority.
He's been shown to put up energy shields. Mix that with his superior durability and speed to counter bb's scream.

Sin I AM
Probably Marvel BB is significantly weaker now

Smurph
Black Bolt

h1a8
Good fight. It depends on how much and how early BB is willing to use his voice.

tkitna
I'll give it to Adam, but BB has other tools at his disposal besides his voice that could turn the battle like matter and energy manipulation.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Smurph
Black Bolt Do you see Black Bolt winning a majority without the voice?

h1a8

Smurph

h1a8

Smurph
Nah

Stoic
BB isn't BM's physical peer Smurph. He's closer to Creel's strength level with superior combat skills. In terms of versatility, They are nearly equal. Speed goes to BM as well.

h1a8
Originally posted by Smurph
Nah Going by feats. Asteroid the size of Arkansas, punching Sentry into space, etc is at least a tier greater than any strength feat BB ever shown.

Smurph

leonidas
this would be a really great fight imo. until bb used his voice.... even if you wanna downplay it, it would AT LEAST be enough to seriously tip the scales in what would otherwise be a very close contest anyway. bm is stronger but i don't think the difference would be enough to ensure him wins in h2h. he'd likely take a majority, but bb would def take a few imo. energy (minus voice) would be close but bb has the versatility edge by a significant margin imo. pretty close to a split i think without the voice. with? bb is too much, especially in a forum setting.

DarkSaint85
thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Leo can't live without us.

Stoic
How is BB more versitile than a character with powers that can heal/rehabilitate a sentient hologram? BB's strength level is more comparable to Aquaman's than it is to Thor and the Hulk's. BM is his physical superior. With help only to focus, he held a being that was later seen taking on Abstracts. He one shot Ultimate Hulk who was stalemating 616 Hulk prior to the one shot. Easily stopped a state sized asteroid, picked up a pyramid like a toy, and was alluded to have solo'd Pagan a creature of chaos who ripped through a decently powerful Avengers team with Thor and Wanda on it.

Smurph
Edit

Old Man Whirly!
TBh, I'm with Stoic here, I think Blue Marvel has the better combat record.

Smurph

Stoic
How many of those versatility feats are actually usable in combat? BM also has the speed advantage. Gladiator has a terrible track record. However, using Gladiator as a measuring stick to help BB look better is partially faulty logic. The same guy that Gladiator finger flicked gave BB hell. I'm referring to Vulcan btw. BM healed Monica who was crippled by Proxima's weapon. She is a living light construct. They aren't physical peers Smurph. BB is powerful, but BM is his physical superior in nearly every category that counts in a battle.

abhilegend

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend
Black Bolt was stalemated by Namor in h2h for quite a while just a few issues earlier. That's more likely a lucky punch.

https://readcomiconline.li/Comic/Fantastic-Four-1961/Issue-402?id=27119

Bolt was using so much energy he was feared to die from the strain.

Jesus, Sue Storm first KOs Thor (taking it easy on him and not outright killing him) then outreacts both Namor and BB by using a forcefield so strong, his Master Blow and Namor's full strength combined couldn't dent it.

She sounds so powerful!

h1a8

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Jesus, Sue Storm first KOs Thor (taking it easy on him and not outright killing him) then outreacts both Namor and BB by using a forcefield so strong, his Master Blow and Namor's full strength combined couldn't dent it.

She sounds so powerful!
Thor was koed by a tarpedo but yeah, you're right.

DarkSaint85
That torpedo would've killed him had he been closer lol

StiltmanFTW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.