Worst Film of 2013?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
* Article on the 2013 Razzies

What movie of this past year or movies did you think were just the worst and why?

For myself, 'The Lone Ranger' was horrid. It was too long, it was cheesy, relatively predictable, Johnny Depp's antics were tiresome (after years of PotC) and even the action was unexciting. The best part of the movie was the soft drink passing through my kidneys during and after.

'Grown Ups 2' takes second place. While I saw the first one recently on tv and it seemed pretty good (for a comedy. I don't often go out of my way to watch comedies) I was still wary. Finally, it came out on Red Box. While a few moments were marginally funny, largely the movie was sub-par and some of the humor was so juvenile and forced I actually felt embarassed for the actors. Overall, not very satisfying.

'After Earth' takes third place. While a lot of charges of nepotism and "LOL SCIENTOLOGY" were leveled at this attempt at a sci-fi drama, I think the biggest issue was more of some horrible prop and atmospheric choices. Sci-fi films live and die on their atmosphere and the level in which the user can immerse themselves in a different world. From the gritty neo-noir world of Blade Runner to the clean and bright future of Star Trek : TNG, we get a lot of different ideas of what the future should look like. None of them resemble pseudo-organic looking tech with other things best resembling styrofoam and latex. Onboard the ship and in some of the 'colony homes', things were supposed to look exotic and futuristic and ended up looking just cheap and flimsy. It took out any element of standard enjoyability and left the storyline which is the whole "son learns to relate to hard military father and finds out he is not such a rebellious douchebag after all", which SNORE. Also, the alien was stupid and overly CGI.

So, the floor is open for the rest of you. Go for it!

wilco
Depp is a bad actor for many years, as for Sandler, well! He's not even a comedian, for from it laughing He's a idiot moron!!

Stealth Moose
The sad part is that Depp at least had some real acting talent and did some respectable films before he became Jack Sparrow everything. He's typecast himself and doesn't care, because he can buy his own island with the money as it is.

Sandler's already been singled out as one of the most overpaid actors in Hollywood, considering how his films turn out, and this was before 'Grown Ups 2' premiered. I never thought he was amazing, but Grown Ups 1 impressed me enough to try the second. Not worth the cost of the rental, tbh.

Firefly218
Worst movie is a toss-up between After Earth and the fifth Die Hard

Tzeentch
My sister and I actually walked out of The Family, about 40 minutes in. So, I don't really have a choice but to vote for it as worst movie of 2013.

Before seeing that turd, there had been only one instance in my entire life in which I'd actually walked out of the theater for a movie that I paid money to watch; the first was Transformers 2, but that only sort of counts because I had already seen it in theaters two weeks prior, and I only walked out because my Dad was so offended by the ghetto-bots that he walked out first.

So yeah, The Family. **** that movie.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Firefly218
Worst movie is a toss-up between After Earth and the fifth Die Hard
I tend to agree with this. They actually both exceeded suckage expectations. I knew they'd suck, but not as bad as they did.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Tzeentch
My sister and I actually walked out of The Family, about 40 minutes in. So, I don't really have a choice but to vote for it as worst movie of 2013.

Before seeing that turd, there had been only one instance in my entire life in which I'd actually walked out of the theater for a movie that I paid money to watch; the first was Transformers 2, but that only sort of counts because I had already seen it in theaters two weeks prior, and I only walked out because my Dad was so offended by the ghetto-bots that he walked out first.

So yeah, The Family. **** that movie.

Really? So 'The Family' was that bad?

Esau Cairn
I know Hugh Jackson, Halle Barry & Naomi Watts got razzies for their part in Movie 43.

But honestly I've never laughed so much after watching that movie.
It was gross, inappropriate & very childish in parts but very funny too.

wilco
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I know Hugh Jackson, Halle Barry & Naomi Watts got razzies for their part in Movie 43.

But honestly I've never laughed so much after watching that movie.
It was gross, inappropriate & very childish in parts but very funny too.

I think????? I'm sure though, it was a setup in other Movies. I watch it, though it could have been better as a setup. It was alright...3/5

wilco
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
The sad part is that Depp at least had some real acting talent and did some respectable films before he became Jack Sparrow everything. He's typecast himself and doesn't care, because he can buy his own island with the money as it is.

Sandler's already been singled out as one of the most overpaid actors in Hollywood, considering how his films turn out, and this was before 'Grown Ups 2' premiered. I never thought he was amazing, but Grown Ups 1 impressed me enough to try the second. Not worth the cost of the rental, tbh.

The first Jack Sparrow was alright, but it was boring at the end.

wilco
Naomi Watts got a razzie... laughing As Diana. I've never seen it, but she has talent....so,so talent.

steverules_2
After Earth, Jaden Smith can not act

jaden101
Bullet to the Head
movie 43
Scary Movie 5
The Purge
Diana

All of those were beyond shit.

NemeBro
I don't watch bad movies.

My time is far too valuable to be spent watching movies I expect to suck.

After Earth, Grown Ups 2, lol? **** no I didn't see no shit like that.

For me, personally?

Man of Steel.

I know it wasn't objectively the worst movie of the year, nor nearly the worst I've seen, but after watching it, I felt a gnawing emptiness clinging to the outlines of my very soul, threatening to submerge me in a black ocean of sorrow and unhappiness. I suppose it was because I was desperately hoping for more, and indeed expected more before it was ever out, so when I finally saw it, while I didn't hate everything the movie did, it was so thoroughly and agonizingly disappointing that for me, it was definitely the worst movie of the year.

wilco
Originally posted by NemeBro

After Earth, Grown Ups 2, lol? **** no I didn't see no shit like that.

How would you know if it's a bad Film, if you haven't seen it? Friends or blogs and sh*t?

NemeBro
After Earth is directed by M. Night, that's a good enough warning sign already.

jaden101

I went by that logic too. Beats me why people still fund his movies. Especially after Lady in the Water.

And don't get me started on The Village.

NemeBro
He hasn't made a truly good film since Unbreakable (My favorite of his, and one of my favorite movies in general actually) IMO, even Signs, while not nearly as bad as what came after, was definitely a preview of what was to come. Everything afterwards was just a spiraling descent into terribleness, finally reaching the Event Horizon (Not the movie, the movie is great) of awfulness that was The Last Airbender, which like a fool I saw in theaters, despite knowing how awful it was going to turn out to be. But I didn't know, not really, nothing could have prepared me for or led me to believe the levels of shit M. Night was peddling was even possible.

Impediment
I f*cking love Unbreakable.

I have a nine year old daughter, and I had to sit through a travesty of a film called Planes.

This movie is shit covered shit. To add insult to injury, Dane "The most not funny human alive" Cook is the star.

Stealth Moose
He hasn't made a truly good film since Unbreakable (My favorite of his, and one of my favorite movies in general actually) IMO, even Signs, while not nearly as bad as what came after, was definitely a preview of what was to come. Everything afterwards was just a spiraling descent into terribleness, finally reaching the Event Horizon (Not the movie, the movie is great) of awfulness that was The Last Airbender, which like a fool I saw in theaters, despite knowing how awful it was going to turn out to be. But I didn't know, not really, nothing could have prepared me for or led me to believe the levels of shit M. Night was peddling was even possible.

You do too watch shit movies, bro. You just made better decisions this past year.

Also, M. Night is pretty much useless at this point, I agree. Personally, I would have liked MoS better if it had more Faora.

jaden101
I've been fortunate enough to avoid the last air bender. Can't say the same for The Happening which was also horrendously bad except for some of the deaths like the lawnmower and the tree car crash which I did chortle a bit at.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by jaden101
I've been fortunate enough to avoid the last air bender. Can't say the same for The Happening which was also horrendously bad except for some of the deaths like the lawnmower and the tree car crash which I did chortle a bit at.

The Editing Room Abridged Script for The Happening.

jaden101
The Editing Room Abridged Script for The Happening.

laughing laughing out loud laughing

Brilliant.

wilco

The Sixth Sense was great Film, the others, not no much big grin

NemeBro
You do too watch shit movies, bro. You just made better decisions this past year.

Also, M. Night is pretty much useless at this point, I agree. Personally, I would have liked MoS better if it had more Faora. Name some other than the ones I've already admitted to fgt. fite me irl

NemeBro
Originally posted by wilco
The Sixth Sense was great Film, the others, not no much big grin Ever see Unbreakable? It's even better than Sixth Sense IMO.

Stealth Moose
The one for the new Hobbit film is priceless, and brings up a lot of gripes I had while watching it.

Stealth Moose
Name some other than the ones I've already admitted to fgt. fite me irl

bring it bro

NemeBro
Originally posted by jaden101
I've been fortunate enough to avoid the last air bender. Can't say the same for The Happening which was also horrendously bad except for some of the deaths like the lawnmower and the tree car crash which I did chortle a bit at. I've never seen the entire Happening, but I've caught parts on TV, and to be fair, the movie may be technically bad, but it's also technically ****ing hilarious. The part where the grandma just starts headbutting the windows and shit... Priceless.

The Last Airbender was bad to an almost surreal extent. Like, I'd almost recommend you watch it just to appreciate how much worse some movies you've seen and didn't like could be. It was staggeringly awful, and not in a good way like The Room or some shit, nor was the fact that it was bad as an adaptation of the show the only, or even main problem. Perhaps the most bizarre thing is that M. Night was adamant that the movie would turn out to be his Magnum Opus. That's how ****ing out of touch with reality he is these days.

NemeBro
bring it bro I don't see any names fgt.

Stealth Moose
I don't see any names fgt.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lylj6eV7sE1qhisau.gif

Esau Cairn
I think????? I'm sure though, it was a setup in other Movies. I watch it, though it could have been better as a setup. It was alright...3/5

Try thinking your words before posting. I have absolutely no idea what you're attempting to say.

Esau Cairn

The Last Airbender was bad to an almost surreal extent.

Perhaps the most bizarre thing is that M. Night was adamant that the movie would turn out to be his Magnum Opus. That's how ****ing out of touch with reality he is these days.

Cut him some slack.
M.Night wanted a trilogy & was only given the budget for one movie.
Directors/actors are always on the frontline to cop the blame without the general public knowing/understanding all the bullsh*t politics that go on behind the scenes.

wilco
Try thinking your words before posting. I have absolutely no idea what you're attempting to say.

F**K you ...you wanker. You couldn't get a f**k in a brothel!

NemeBro
That one movie really sucked though.

Stealth Moose
That one movie really sucked though.

You admitted to watching a bad movie.

Y U CONTRADICT URSELF BRO.

Honestly, I'd chill out. That kind of reactive hostility will just get you in trouble. I'm not saying what he said was okay or whatever, but since you're new I'd like to stress that flipping out when provoked is poor behavior.

IceBreaker2000
Iron Man 3 fa shure

wilco

Honestly, I'd chill out. That kind of reactive hostility will just get you in trouble. I'm not saying what he said was okay or whatever, but since you're new I'd like to stress that flipping out when provoked is poor behavior.

I'm chilled. In about 30 minutes the cricket start.

He was just hassling me. He knows that, as a few other posters - one in-particular, he like the bad movie, I laughed also.

Aussies sometimes hassle each others. Mind you, did he served in the Military and also has 2 brain injuries....of course not. That's no excuse with my behavior. Just ignore my ramblings, as sometimes I can't form words. It's hard to write with grammar and such.

NemeBro
You admitted to watching a bad movie.

Y U CONTRADICT URSELF BRO. I said other than the ones I've already admitted to.

Come on man, keep up.

Robtard
Ever see Unbreakable? It's even better than Sixth Sense IMO.

thumb up

BruceSkywalker
after earth , grown ups 2 and the lone ranger too name a couple

Esau Cairn

I wasn't hassling you...I honestly did not understand what you were trying to say, replying to my post.

And yeah...why should I bother with a brothel when your mum bends over for 50 cents.

wilco

And yeah...why should I bother with a brothel when your mum bends over for 50 cents.

laughing rolling on floor laughing

At least my Mother can bend.

Kazenji
"Shrugs"

i enjoyed the Lone Ranger movie, After Earth not as much

also regarding M.Night.. He's better at writing the stories and let someone else direct the movie.

Darth Martin
As others have stated, I don't seek out bad movies. Can only express my opinion for movies I unfortunately saw.

This year, for me, it was probably Gangster Squad.

Lestov16
What? Gangster Squad was awesome! To each his own, I guess.

For me, I'd probably say Grown Ups 2, with Scary Movie 5 and A Haunted House tying at second place, After Earth coming in at third, Lone Ranger for a close fourth, and A Madea Christmas completing the list at #5.

Stealth Moose
Gangster Squad was alright. Very superficial though. I can't even remember all of the details at this point.

Darth Martin
I thought it was horrible. Fortunately, I haven't seen alot of the movies you guys are saying.

Gangster Squad, Oblivion, and After Earth all stand out in bad ways.

Kazenji
Guess were kinda have it good here in Australia since not one of them Madea movies have made it to the cinema.

jinXed by JaNx
I didn't get out to the theaters very much this past year. In fact I really didn't watch that many movies. Out of the ones that I can think of at the moment I would have to say, Hangover 3 was the all around worst movie that I saw. I never much liked the, Hangover movies to begin with. A mean spirited buddy comedy is never appealing to me, however, I can set that aside and enjoy the humor in the writing. Although the first movie got on my nerves I understood why it was so appealing and there were a couple genuine laughs abound. The second I thought was unnecessary but again I could understand why someone might find humor in it. This last one not only missed the mark completely in humor but it was annoyingly frustrating. Awful damn movie. Movie was so bad that I lost respect for the person that made me watch it lmao

Lestov16
Gangster Squad was alright. Very superficial though. I can't even remember all of the details at this point.

IMO at least, a film doesn't have to be original or complex to be entertaining, just look at Pacific Rim. I enjoyed Olympus Has Fallen and the Paul Walker film Takers for roughly the same reason (although Pacific Rim was definitely the best). Again, just a matter of taste.

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
. Out of the ones that I can think of at the moment I would have to say, Hangover 3 was the all around worst movie that I saw.

thumb up I forgot about this one. IMO, I'd rank it 6th on my worst list.

Kazenji
So the 3rd one is that bad?.....guess i'll pick it up when its cheap.

Nephthys
Like Nemebro, I'm not thick (rich) enough to go see crappy movies and I always wait for reviews before going to see stuff.

Based on those reviews though I'd have to choose Grown Ups 2. I'm amazed that Sandler is still swindling people out of millions with his blatant Ponzi schemes. Especially when his movies are as face-meltingly awful as they are. He and James Franco are the two people in Hollywood that I want to kill the most. Or at least wound slightly.

Tzeentch

That's because you have no friends who'd go with you to see them.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nephthys

Based on those reviews though I'd have to choose Grown Ups 2. I'm amazed that Sandler is still swindling people out of millions with his blatant Ponzi schemes. Especially when his movies are as face-meltingly awful as they are. He and James Franco are the two people in Hollywood that I want to kill the most. Or at least wound slightly.

Why the hate towards James Franco?

Estacado
Grown Ups 2 movie was so phuckin horrible I stopped watching after like 30 minutes.
Sandler should stop with the movies.

Kazenji
His earlier movies were much better.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why the hate towards James Franco? He can be pretty obnoxious and smarmy, to be fair.

But on the other hand, I can't really hate any actor who's willing to make fun of himself, like Franco is. That's probably why I don't have beef with Channing Tatum; dude has no shame when it comes to parodying himself.

Kazenji
He can be pretty obnoxious and smarmy, to be fair.

Each to their own i suppose

i've never had a problem with him.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why the hate towards James Franco?

He has the most smug, punchable face I've ever seen. And acts like a smarmy **** who's high as **** all the time. God I ****ing hate him.

NemeBro
Calm down.

marwash22
The Purge.

Worst movie of the year. This is not a contest.

Ridley_Prime
The Last Stand (though like plenty Arnold flicks, was funny/entertaining for most of the wrong reasons), The Wolverine, that last Die Hard, and a few or couple others escaping my memory atm that were prolly already mentioned.

Stealth Moose
He can be pretty obnoxious and smarmy, to be fair.

But on the other hand, I can't really hate any actor who's willing to make fun of himself, like Franco is. That's probably why I don't have beef with Channing Tatum; dude has no shame when it comes to parodying himself.

I have to agree with this.

Originally posted by Nephthys
He has the most smug, punchable face I've ever seen. And acts like a smarmy **** who's high as **** all the time. God I ****ing hate him.

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr341/mrsvachs/Udder/u-mad-spock.jpg

movieguy824
You're Next is a bad movie. I can't believe i watch the whole movie.

Cinemaholic
Worst Film of 2013: Grown Ups 2

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by movieguy824
You're Next is a bad movie. I can't believe i watch the whole movie.

I have not heard anything about it, but I tend to avoid those kinds of movies anyways.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The Last Stand (though like plenty Arnold flicks, was funny/entertaining for most of the wrong reasons), The Wolverine, that last Die Hard, and a few or couple others escaping my memory atm that were prolly already mentioned.

I forgot about Die Hard. That one made me stop caring about Bruce Willis and really tarnished the other good movies in the series.

I just recently watched last stand and yeah it is a bad movie but I atleast got the impression that the people involved cared about what they were making. Even though it felt like two different movies being smashed together without a main plot I was surprised with some of dialogue and action. There is some funny moments in that movie.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I forgot about Die Hard. That one made me stop caring about Bruce Willis and really tarnished the other good movies in the series.

Things might change there with him back for the next Sin City movie.

Lauren2
It has to be a tie between "The Lone Ranger" and "The Canyons". Both are totally time wasters.

Dreampanther
The f@cking Wizard of f@cking Oz.

I expected movies like After Earth, Oblivion and Lone Ranger to be crap and since my expectations were so low, I was not disappointed. But the Wizard of Oz sucked big, blue, hairy sweaty balls. Everything about that movie sucked - EVERYTHING.

Kazenji
^

You mean 'Oz the great and powerful' unless of course they only just released Wizard of Oz in South Africa.

marwash22
no, he means the porn parody of Wizard of the Oz.

and i agree with him, it was terrible, Toto didn't even phuck Dorothy. erm

Tzeentch
Huh. Totally forgot that the Oz movie came out last year.

Geeze, time flies...

ollieholloway
you're right. The lone ranger was nominated for worst movie of 2013 actually. Sad for johnny.

this site

marwash22
Depp was the coolest part of that movie.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by marwash22
Depp was the coolest part of that movie.

For me, the horse got most of my chuckles...like perched in a tree for no reason at all!
Depp had some good one-liners relating to the horse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.