"Creation"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jynocidus
Lately I've been seeing a lot of threads where posters speak about certain illustrations or representations accounting for "God himself," and being credited with "creating" something.

I would like to know...which characters in comics can literally "create?"

And if there are any, which characters are the best at doing it?

Enzeru
It depends on what you have in mind, when it comes to "creating"...

Is it creating constructs? Then it's not a big deal and many characters are capable of doing such things. Especially the Lanterns with their hard light constructs.

Then you have someone like Atom Eve from the Image Comics (Invincible book), who does something similar like the Lanterns, but she actually changes the atoms of something or some crap like that, so what she does is to help out poor people in Africa, by creating food for them and so on. So she can create organic stuff.

If you have something like life creation in mind then that's pretty damn tricky, due to it being an insane feat, even for comic book standards.
Characters with reality warping and molecule manipulation should be capable of doing it, but they rarely ever do it. What about magic based characters like Dr. Strange and Zatanna? Are they creating? I would say no. They're rather summoning stuff like demons.

Does resurrecting someone fall into the creation category? You're giving someone life back after all.
Out of the top of my head the only instances of "creation" I have in mind is Molecule Man creating his own versions of the Beyonder, Dormammu, Mephisto and so on - in the same arc Sentry creating a tiny creature in his hand and ... didn't Dr. Manhattan create life later on, when he went to Mars?

Not even someone like Galactus can be considered as a creator, since he is actually only amping up characters with his power cosmic.

But yeah, the Beyonder and the Molecule Man should be the prime examples of such a feat.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Enzeru
It depends on what you have in mind, when it comes to "creating"...

Is it creating constructs? Then it's not a big deal and many characters are capable of doing such things. Especially the Lanterns with their hard light constructs.

Then you have someone like Atom Eve from the Image Comics (Invincible book), who does something similar like the Lanterns, but she actually changes the atoms of something or some crap like that, so what she does is to help out poor people in Africa, by creating food for them and so on. So she can create organic stuff.

If you have something like life creation in mind then that's pretty damn tricky, due to it being an insane feat, even for comic book standards.
Characters with reality warping and molecule manipulation should be capable of doing it, but they rarely ever do it. What about magic based characters like Dr. Strange and Zatanna? Are they creating? I would say no. They're rather summoning stuff like demons.

Does resurrecting someone fall into the creation category? You're giving someone life back after all.
Out of the top of my head the only instances of "creation" I have in mind is Molecule Man creating his own versions of the Beyonder, Dormammu, Mephisto and so on - in the same arc Sentry creating a tiny creature in his hand and ... didn't Dr. Manhattan create life later on, when he went to Mars?

Not even someone like Galactus can be considered as a creator, since he is actually only amping up characters with his power cosmic.

But yeah, the Beyonder and the Molecule Man should be the prime examples of such a feat.

Great veiled Sentry post.

But Galactus has created cosmic demons, and a bunch of beings to fight Excalibur with the wave of his hand. As well as created clones of the Fantastic Four from a billion of light years away.
But Sentry creates life while Galactus doesn't.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Great veiled Sentry post.

But Galactus has created cosmic demons, and a bunch of beings to fight Excalibur with the wave of his hand. As well as created clones of the Fantastic Four from a billion of light years away.
But Sentry creates life while Galactus doesn't.

Way to come out of nowhere and sound like a pesky smartass, while missing the point of something.
My post was mainly centered about reality warping / molecule manipulation and therefore the names like Beyonder, Molecule Man, Sentry and Dr. Manhattan, who could be creating life all along.

Silver Surfer has reconstructed things with his molecule manipulation, but is that creation as well, even though it's not organic?
Thanos has created clones of himself and even someone like Omega, but is he now a creator as well, even though he achieved that with his tech?
Does Galactus really strike you as someone, who creates shit and should be considered as someone, who does it the best?

My original point of view still stands: When it comes to creation Atom Eve is great at it. Other than that I don't know all too many characters.

AlmightyKfish
Galactus created Tyrant, restarted the Korbinite race and iirc at some point remade the entirety of Zenn La and its population. He can very much create life.

Tbf loads of characters over a certain power level have feats that are arguably creation of life- I mean Odin created Donald Blake from nothing.

But yeah, going by feats it's going to be the high level reality warpers who are the best at it.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Enzeru
Way to come out of nowhere and sound like a pesky smartass, while missing the point of something.
My post was mainly centered about reality warping / molecule manipulation and therefore the names like Beyonder, Molecule Man, Sentry and Dr. Manhattan, who could be creating life all along.

Silver Surfer has reconstructed things with his molecule manipulation, but is that creation as well, even though it's not organic?
Thanos has created clones of himself and even someone like Omega, but is he now a creator as well, even though he achieved that with his tech?
Does Galactus really strike you as someone, who creates shit and should be considered as someone, who does it the best?

My original point of view still stands: When it comes to creation Atom Eve is great at it. Other than that I don't know all too many characters. Way to make veiled Sentry posts in every thread.

Galactus strikes me as someone who has outright created beings which is contrary to your post. Which had you say Sentry creates life and Galactus doesn't/can't.

Which would make your whole point of bringing up Galactus faulty to try and pump Sentry up. Also the part about Molecule Man, and resurrection.

iscaremonkeys
spiderman created bitches
but on a side not doesent silver surfer have some LIMITED creation powers? I would consider Jean grey and Professer X to be in the Creation category do to them being able to create images in your head

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.