What are the 5 most powerful teams of ALL TIME?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Only established teams.

My ranking is:
1. Justice Legion A
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/JLA_zps64f90a61.jpg
Members:
Aquaman
Atom
Batman
Flash
Hourman III
Owlwoman
Resurrection Man
Starman
Superman
Wonder Woman

2. Justice League Dark:
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/JLD2_zps829a03e4.jpg
Members:
Constantine
Phantom Stranger
Zauriel
Nightmare Nurse
Pandora
Sea King (Deadman)
Swamp Thing

3. God Squad (2nd roster)
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/GS_zpsec26f90f.jpg
Members:
Hercules
Amadeus Cho
Thor
Galactus
Silver Surfer
Venus
Sersi
Daimon Hellstrom
Panther God

4. Pre-Crisis All-Star Squadron
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/ASS_zps228fc825.jpg
Members: Too many to name!

5. Pre-Crisis Legion of Super-Heroes
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/LOSH_zpse8cfc3b2.jpg

Bentley
Justice League - Because of Kyle.
New Guardians - Because of Kyle.
Green Lantern Corps - Because of Kyle.
The GL Honor Guard - Because of Kyle.
White Lantern Corps - It's just Kyle.

Q99
Two that are way up there is the Morrison JLA at it's height (it had, what, 7 heralds, plus a bunch of others?), and the Geoff Johns JSA at it's (When it had CM, Black Adam, Fate, Thunderbolt, Power Girl, Alan, and a bunch of others).

DrDeadpool
God Squad

DarkSaint85
Defenders should be up there, surely?

Classic Strange
Hulk
Surfer

When your weakest member is Namor, that says a lot.

Also, Annihilators/The Authority. TP weakness BS notwithstanding.

Epicurus
1st Host of Celestials.
2nd Host of Celestials.
3rd Host of Celestials.
4th Host of Celestials.
5th Host of Celestials.

DarkSaint85
The Quintessence

pym-ftw
The House of Cage-Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Squirrel Girl, Jessica Jones.

That's #1

God Squad
JLD
Ultron's Phalanx
Orange Lantern Corp
Avengers.

janus77
The A-Team.

Q99
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Defenders should be up there, surely?

Classic Strange
Hulk
Surfer

When your weakest member is Namor, that says a lot.

Also, Annihilators/The Authority. TP weakness BS notwithstanding.

I think it says something that I'm not sure if Classic Defenders, Annihilators, or the Authority are even in the top *ten*. Even if one discounts teams that are only high-up because of an individual cosmic being a member (Original Ion Kyle was not only still a member of the JLA, but he actively participated in the team while so).

Sure, Defenders/Annihilators are strong, but they're also few in number. There's quite a few teams that have more heralds than their entire rosters, and more other characters besides. Sometimes with trans members tossed in.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Q99
I think it says something that I'm not sure if Classic Defenders, Annihilators, or the Authority are even in the top *ten*. Even if one discounts teams that are only high-up because of an individual cosmic being a member (Original Ion Kyle was not only still a member of the JLA, but he actively participated in the team while so).

Sure, Defenders/Annihilators are strong, but they're also few in number. There's quite a few teams that have more heralds than their entire rosters, and more other characters besides. Sometimes with trans members tossed in.

True.

I guess it comes down to if you want to have a certain number of people (so say I created a thread with a 3 member max limit), or if you allow EVERYONE who is/was part of that team.

But yes, Morrison's JLA from Strength in Numbers was powerful, especially if you extended some of the concepts he tried to highlight for the 'weaker' members (Aquaman making more use of his army, Zauriel having absurdly high tech, BatGod, the Atom killing Darkseid et al).

I had Authority in there, because of Jenny Quantum + Doctor + Engineer, and whatever Rose Tattoo was, and of course, Hawksmoor with the right circumstances (which, arguably with their doors etc is always the right circumstances).

Epicurus
Fantastic Four of the 31st and 41st Centuries.

beatboks
Originally posted by Golgo13

1. Pre-Crisis All-Star Squadron
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/ASS_zps228fc825.jpg

Fixed for you, as for members they included

Trans level
Spectre,
Thunderbolt
Dr Fate ( with hhelm of Nabu - herald level without)
Miss America ( at peak- herald level not)
Uncle Sam ( at peak- herald level not)

Herald level
Superman
Alan Scot
Wonder woman
Starman
Neon the unknown
The Ray
Zatara
Sargon
Jay Garrick
Johnny Quick
Max Mercury ( using the pseudonym Quicksilver for a few issues too)
Captain Triumph
Amazing man
Plasticman
Magno ( like a combination of Magneto and Electro)

High Meta
Firebrand
Dr Occult
Aquaman

Now considering that was only just under a third the active membership at most times, well it's easy to see why they're umber 1

2. The Defenders ( Surfer, Classic Strange, Hulk, Namor, Hellstorm, Moondragon with the mind gem,.........................)

3. Legion of Superheroes.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Golgo13
Members:
Aquaman

laughing out loud

--
Black Avengers.

beatboks
Originally posted by Q99

I think your forgetting that the defenders was a "non team" that would call in more members than any other couple of teams combined. In the course of say 7 straight issues it would be nothing for them to use half the Avengers, a few Xmen and several others to boot. In one tale/ark they could use as many as 20+ heroes most herald or above (except the likes of hellcat of course). Similarly the LoSH had around 50 members (to A.S.S's 60+) with six or so SA Kryptonian level.

Q99
Originally posted by beatboks
I think your forgetting that the defenders was a "non team" that would call in more members than any other couple of teams combined. In the course of say 7 straight issues it would be nothing for them to use half the Avengers, a few Xmen and several others to boot. In one tale/ark they could use as many as 20+ heroes most herald or above (except the likes of hellcat of course). Similarly the LoSH had around 50 members (to A.S.S's 60+) with six or so SA Kryptonian level.

Well, certainly not the *classic* Defenders lineup of 4 is more my point. You do raise the good point that they had bigger lineups.

What's the Defender's best lineup that lasted for more than one story?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by beatboks

In one arc, the JLA drafted the entire Earth, with the entire Angelic Host, against Mageddon, with WW leading them.

As Superman sat there crying with Bruce evil face

Cogito
1. Superman Dynasty

The rest.

In one arc, the JLA drafted the entire Earth, with the entire Angelic Host, against Mageddon, with WW leading them.

As Superman sat there crying with Bruce evil face
Wasn't the entire Heavenly Host, only those who volunteered after Zauriel petitioned. From what we saw on panel, that was very few. The Heavenly Host has numbers stated to be nigh-infinite, so that'd be ridiculous if it was the entire Host.

Drakon09
1. batman
2. batman
3. batman
4. batman
5. Captain murica

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Cogito

Wasn't the entire Heavenly Host, only those who volunteered after Zauriel petitioned. From what we saw on panel, that was very few. The Heavenly Host has numbers stated to be nigh-infinite, so that'd be ridiculous if it was the entire Host.

Ridiculous?

Morrison?

Never!!!!!!!

Golgo13
The Quintessence

Only ones that have had series.

Tony Stark
The Avengers

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/gambit1024/lists/avengers-members/16997

Golgo13
Originally posted by Tony Stark
The Avengers

Choose a lineup.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Tony Stark
The Avengers

Lol, not that list, no.

"Id"
Superman Dynasty

Galan007
I always thought Shadowpact was stacked for an earth-based team. /shrug

As for this thread: the Superman Dynasty, by far. They have 3 5D Imps on the roster(Mxy, Bat-Mite, and Klyzyzk Klzntplkz)--possibly 4 if you count the Imp Queen who married into the Dynasty. They have Superman 1M+Titano, who possess a cumulative TK so powerful it can stop an entire galaxy's forward progression dead in its tracks... You also have that pesky Hourman, Resurrection Man, and Goldie Prime to think about.

...And they are just the tip of the iceberg:
http://i.imgur.com/TqIfzBX.jpg

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
I always thought Shadowpact was stacked for an earth-based team. /shrug

As for this thread: the Superman Dynasty, by far. They have 3 5D Imps on the roster(Mxy, Bat-Mite, and Klyzyzk Klzntplkz)--possibly 4 if you count the Imp Queen who married into the Dynasty. They have Superman 1M+Titano, who possess a cumulative TK so powerful it can stop an entire galaxy's forward progression dead in its tracks... You also have that pesky Hourman, Resurrection Man, and Goldie Prime to think about.

...And they are just the tip of the iceberg:
http://i.imgur.com/TqIfzBX.jpg

Established teams only! Has the Superman Dynasty ever had a series?

Galan007
They don't need a series for us to know they are an established team.

"Id"
Black Lantern Corp.
They took on all fronts, and had everyone on the ropes.

Golgo13
They don't need a series for us to know they are an established team.

But those are the rules of this thread.

sneer

Galan007
You asked for an 'established team' in the OP. The Superman Dynasty is an 'established team'. wink

Insane Titan
Council of Reed Richards smile

maxivitopowe
The mutants

Golgo13
You asked for an 'established team' in the OP. The Superman Dynasty is an 'established team'. wink

Yeah, but it would be more interesting if it were only ones with a series, no?

BTW, when the hell did Resurrection Man and Mxy join the Superman Dynasty?

Galan007
Sorry, Resurrection Man and Hourman weren't part of the Dynasty(I was thinking of the Justice Legion A.)

Anyway, we saw that Mxy and Bat-Mite were part of the Dynasty in the JL1M Special, when they revealed themselves Superman M* and Batman M*:
http://imgur.com/bggev89
http://imgur.com/UvUWBoZ

Pillow Biter
Can't beat Spectre and T-Bolt for pure power, though their effectiveness is suspect.

Cogito
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Can't beat Spectre and T-Bolt for pure power, though their effectiveness is suspect. With 4 imps, including the most powerful one, the Dynasty certainly can.

Q99
Is the Superman Dynasty really a team, though? Isn't it more just, y'know, a Dynasty, that doesn't work as an entire group outside of maybe once or twice?

There's a difference between a team-team and a team-up that happens once or a group with a big membership who does not act as a unit.

I wouldn't count the Society of Supervillains as a team either, since they only act together the once, in the Battle of Metropolis (though their leadership council would be).

Cogito
^ They seem to team up together on an as needed basis, same as any team.

In All-Star Superman we saw Kal Kent, the "Unknown" Superman, and Klyzyzk Klzntplkz team up to catch the Chronovore. Kal and Titano teamed up to stop the renegade galaxy. The introduction Superman got to the Dynasty seemed to indicate that much of the Dynasty hangs out in the Fortress of Solidarity (as Galan's scan shows) and addresses threats throughout the timestream from there. I'd say that qualifies them as a team as much as any other.

Galan007

In All-Star Superman we saw Kal Kent, the "Unknown" Superman, and Klyzyzk Klzntplkz team up to catch the Chronovore. Kal and Titano teamed up to stop the renegade galaxy. The introduction Superman got to the Dynasty seemed to indicate that much of the Dynasty hangs out in the Fortress of Solidarity (as Galan's scan shows) and addresses threats throughout the timestream from there. I'd say that qualifies them as a team as much as any other. thumb up

It also showed a group of them battling Infinite Man during a Crisis-type event:
http://imgur.com/G7HFkH5

Imps aside, we also know the Dynasty's members are extremely diverse. We know one of it's members is a sentient solar system, another member is a sentient "good idea", etc.
http://imgur.com/Vty1h9c

LeonBuco666
The Spartan 300

Q99

In All-Star Superman we saw Kal Kent, the "Unknown" Superman, and Klyzyzk Klzntplkz team up to catch the Chronovore. Kal and Titano teamed up to stop the renegade galaxy. The introduction Superman got to the Dynasty seemed to indicate that much of the Dynasty hangs out in the Fortress of Solidarity (as Galan's scan shows) and addresses threats throughout the timestream from there. I'd say that qualifies them as a team as much as any other.

Is that a team or a team dispatching service? If they *never* fight as a whole, then the team lineup isn't "everyone," it's the "most they ever dispatch." Which is a pretty impressive crew, mind you, and may still make the list, but it's not every Dynasty member.

Consider, say, Oracle's allies. She can call up dozens easily, but the Birds of Prey is still only really a small handful of core members at one time. I wouldn't call everyone who worked for her part of the same team.

Likewise, when we're talking Justice League teams, we've been talking individual lineups, not every-leaguer-ever, even though every-leaguer-ever probably shows up together more often than the Superman Dynasty does.

Cogito
We're arguing the semantics of the word "team" I suppose.

Let's take a look at an NFL team. Offensive and Defensive players (almost) never play together, but they're on the same team. There are players on the team who never actually get on the field unless the 4 players ahead of them on the depth chart get injured, and yet they're still on the team and they actively contribute at varying levels and times.

So yes, I believe they're still a team.

Q99
We're arguing the semantics of the word "team" I suppose.

Let's take a look at an NFL team. Offensive and Defensive players (almost) never play together, but they're on the same team. There are players on the team who never actually get on the field unless the 4 players ahead of them on the depth chart get injured, and yet they're still on the team and they actively contribute at varying levels and times.

So yes, I believe they're still a team.

Offense and defense at least train together and fill roles on the same missions, defeating the same foe.

If there's multiple regular components, sure, I'm fine with that. If a team has a sneak squad and a hitter squad that rarely are side by side except at base, that's one thing. Again, Oracle is a nice example- she's always at base, Dinah/Huntress/etc. are in the field, but they are part of the same team.

If there's several hundred and almost see more than 6, and the ones not part of that 6 are not involved, and even when there's more it's generally just a handful? Then you've got a pool to form teams from, not a single team.

Heck, for that matter I would wager "Every hero on Earth" teams up together far more often than the Superman Dynasty does.

Cogito
We'll agree to disagree then thumb up

Q99
On a related note, I nominate 'Every hero on Earth' (DC), 'Every hero on Earth' (Marvel).

For DC, you've got them in Crisis on Infinite Earth's, World War 3 (the Morrison one), Infinite Crisis, and Final Crisis.

For Marvel, you've got them in Secret Invasion, and probably a buncha other stuff. I don't feel like going through a list ^^

Cogito
erm

None of those are organized or, more importantly, ongoing teams. The Dynasty didn't form for a singular purpose and then disband. Also none of those teams are more powerful than the SD

LeonBuco666
the 300 Spartan warriors
/Thread

Q99
erm

None of those are organized or, more importantly, ongoing teams. The Dynasty didn't form for a singular purpose and then disband. Also none of those teams are more powerful than the SD

The Dynasty's just a family ^^

And I'd dispute them being organized. How do you think they all show up when there's a big disaster? Pre-reboot, Oracle and the JLA had everyone's contact info. The Avengers and Shield can reach out to most heroes even ones who aren't avengers or part of shield, and so on.

Sure, they go their separate ways after a big mission, but they do team-ups in between, and they'll come together the next time something calls for them.

Sundipped
Golgo you know you really wanted to name this thread "look how much more powerful DC teams are compared to Marvel". shifty

LeonBuco666
or
look how weak marvel teams are to DC teams

Cogito
Originally posted by Q99
The Dynasty's just a family ^^

A family? No.

A sentient solar system, a "good idea", a microscopic organism, and a giant gorilla from the gorilla galaxy are not biological family.

Terryc250
Team Marvel Cosmics

http://i.imgur.com/zAkAj8i.png
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070130081634/marveldatabase/images/3/3f/Infinity_Gauntlet_Vol_1_5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GmPxrfy.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/67877/2243937-the_infinity_gauntlet_06_19.png

Tony Stark
The "85" Bears

Q99
A family? No.

A sentient solar system, a "good idea", a microscopic organism, and a giant gorilla from the gorilla galaxy are not biological family.

Adopted family is still family.

Cogito
Originally posted by Q99
Adopted family is still family. noneermm

You're reaching.

DarkSaint85
noneermm

You're reaching.

You're shattering my illusions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.