Thor/Superman/Surfer vs Lanterns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is Pre Reboot versions of all.

Sinestro
Kyle
Hal
Stewart

Yes, it's 3 against 4. Can the main 3 pull a majority against the ring wielders? Someone is getting double teamed; can they hold out until their comrades defeat their respective foe?

No bfring. Go!!!

Delta1938
I've actually seen Superman beat each individual GL sans Hal.

Sinestro, a Pre-DOS Superman pretty easily beat him before Sinestro used bystanders to get away in Mark Waid's SILVER AGE story.

Kyle? Superman made him look like nothing during KING OF THE WORLD, and during LAST LAUGH, Kyle's id tried to kill Superman with an all-out blast, Superman straight-up walked through it and stopped him. Also saw Superman simultaneously KO Kyle and Batman, but that might've been a simultaneous sucker punch from a possessed Superman(just saw a scan a friend posted trolling both a GL fanboy and a Batman fanboy who both needed to be put in their places).

Hal? Haven't seen Superman beat him(just heard Superman has a W over Hal), but Superman gave a very respectable performance against a Parallax Hal amped with Kyle's Power Ring, and Superman apparently holding back was controlling his fight with Hal until Hal came back to his senses, in a fight that Hal started off with a sucker "punch." So I can definitely see a serious Superman beating him.

John? Far as I know, John's record against Superman is 1-2, and his one win was attacking the eyes of an off-guard Superman. Superman's wins are far more impressive(breaking John's construct with such force, the feedback KOed John, and humiliating John and a team of Top-Tiers while Superman was weakened). I don't see John having a good chance in a VS scenario where he doesn't get a sucker "punch."

Out of the numerous fights I've seen of Superman vs Power Ring wielders, Superman almost always looks superior and actually has only looked bad if he were hit with a sneak attack, or it's far more than just a GL like Parallax or Cyborg-Superman with 10 Power Rings.

I can see Superman making quick work of anybody he faces, and still winning even if he's double teamed. At worst, Surfer and Thor will be able to stalemate their opponents long enough for back-up.

janus77
Surfer solos, imo.

Delta1938
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer solos, imo. no

janus77
Originally posted by Delta1938
no
yes

-Pr-
Surfer isn't soloing four Lanterns. Don't be daft.

Either team can win, imo. Edging it to team one, though.

Delta1938
yes

Silver Surfer is the only team 1 member to get KOed. devil

janus77
Silver Surfer is the only team 1 member to get KOed. devil
Nah, you're thinking of Thor, he's the one with the hammer and the brain damage.

Surfer's > than any of the GLs, much more power and versatility.

He could just dump the lot of them on the Astral plane or switch them off with a psi attack.

-Pr-
Nah, you're thinking of Thor, he's the one with the hammer and the brain damage.

He could just dump the lot of them on the Astral plane or switch them off with a psi attack.

Yeah, because they totally have no defence against that... Oh wait, they do.

Delta1938

Last I was aware, Surfer was more prone to being KOed than Thor.

I don't see a problem with arguing Surfer beating a single GL(or equivalent), but it's fanboyish to say he solos 4 of them. If it were cannon fodder No-Names or even B-List established Lanterns that'd be one thing, but we're talking 4 of the best.

And Pr said what else was needed.

iceman24567
Surfer solos, imo. This guy erm

Delta1938
Originally posted by iceman24567
This guy erm

no

Zack Fair
Team 1.

LoL@anyone soloing

Delta1938
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Team 1.

LoL@anyone soloing

I've definitely seen stuff that shows Superman could solo them. Likely? Eh. Can? Yes.

Zack Fair
I don't see that happening. Only way it could happen if he blitzes and steals their rings IMHO.

Rao Kal El
Team 1.

LoL@anyone soloing

Thor soloes with thunder fart shifty

Delta1938
I don't see that happening. Only way it could happen if he blitzes and steals their rings IMHO.

While weakened.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Delta1938/library/Superman%20VS%20Teams/ VS%20Assault%20Team%20Under%20Kryptonite%20And%20E
nergy%20Drain

There's quite a few examples of him fighting smarter while facing teams.

EDIT: confused The link is complete when I go to edit, but once it's a post it's messed up.

Rao Kal El
^ error "Sorry, the requested page does not exist"

mad

carver9
There we have it. Thor, Surfer, or Superman solos.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
^ error "Sorry, the requested page does not exist"

mad I think he's saying Superman's never done it in a subtle way?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I think he's saying Superman's never done it in a subtle way?

Not like Batman, in any case.

deathslash
The lanterns summons a construct of a symbiote Spider-man and a bunch of Mexicans with hammers and use them to beat Thor and Surfer into the ground and then they create a construct of Alfred and use him to beat Superman to death (http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/the-news-stand/moment-the-week-spoilers-t97371.html). big grin

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
There we have it. Thor, Surfer, or Superman solos.

You would say the other two solo.

Rao Kal El
You would say the other two solo.

IIRC, He said Thor or SS soloes the JLA, Morrisons JLA that is and lets not even talk what he thinks WBH can do, If you put a planet full of heralds, he will melt them all by punching himself, though He has not stated that directly, just implied.

celeyhyga17
Rayner gets raped either way.

h1a8
What people don't know is that Lanterns are more formidable working as a team. So 4 of the best lanterns together is like fighting a power of 5 or 6. I've seen Hal or Kyle (can't remember which one) duplicate themselves into multiple beings of equal power to fight. That was a helluva feat.

This fight can go either way. If team 2 works very well together then they win.

abhilegend
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17565259_03.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17565260_04.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17565257_05.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/BlackestNight6005.jpg

uhuh

pym-ftw
No love for Guy?

Team Elite wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.