Titanfall (Xbox One, PC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
caiIamHIzBY
F2eLu_3j0bk

There's really not a thread on this? I played the beta this past week. The game was phenomenal. Stupid amounts of fun. Is anyone else hyped for this?

Zack Fair
Surprised there wasn't. Can't wait. I'm upping my PC to play it on Ultra

Tzeentch
Gameplay looks scripted and generic. CoD with giant mechs and some parkour.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Gameplay looks scripted and generic. CoD with giant mechs and some parkour.

Zack Fair
Shut up haters.

BlackZero30x
I think it looks like a lot of fun. Getting this for my Xbone.

Zack Fair
thumb up

Only 6v6 is the downside. Tch.

BackFire
Looks somewhat interesting. May get it for the PC, dunno. Don't really get all the hype, personally.

Zack Fair
Personally I like how fluid the gameplay looks. I'm a big Mecha fan, so if the fighting is balanced I am all in. I like the way the jetpacks are used. Much better than Halo's lame jetpacks and Tribes which are completely OP.

If I'm not mistaken there will also be AI enemies added to the MP.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Personally I like how fluid the gameplay looks. I'm a big Mecha fan, so if the fighting is balanced I am all in. I like the way the jetpacks are used. Much better than Halo's lame jetpacks and Tribes which are completely OP.

If I'm not mistaken there will also be AI enemies added to the MP. +1 for me on all points.

Ive always wanted a shooting game to successfully integrate parkour into the mechanics (Brink failed), so this is a godsend. The fact that they made this happen so fluidly across massive vertical levels makes this a must buy for me. I don't get where people get the COD comparisons. Its by the old developers, and its fast paced, but the similarities stop there. This seems more like a Halo/Battlefield love child.

Smasandian
I think it's a slightly different take on CoD.

But that can be a good thing. CoD MP is extremely solid. I might not play it anymore since MW2 but I can't say it's done badly.

This looks like it but with mechs and free running. They also have a SP element to it too.

I don't see BF at all in it though...

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Smasandian
I think it's a slightly different take on CoD.

But that can be a good thing. CoD MP is extremely solid. I might not play it anymore since MW2 but I can't say it's done badly.

This looks like it but with mechs and free running. They also have a SP element to it too.

I don't see BF at all in it though... Thats the large, vertical maps aspect of it.

Battlefield is by far my favorite shooter. The size of the maps allow for a ton of game play variety which is why I love it. Large, vertical maps are always a plus for me.

BlackZero30x
thumb up

Only 6v6 is the downside. Tch.

True but the titans can fight interdependently without a pilot and there is like 20 AI. So it being 6v6 ain't to bad.

Nemesis X
_8y0Z4F2frI

BlackZero30x
ImperiousRex21 just won a game guide and entry into the Xbox One beta on the live stream! ImpersiousRex21 just so happens to be me!

EDIT:I'll keep you updated!

BlackZero30x
beta is now open to everyone!

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
beta is now open to everyone!

Where do you go to get the Beta?

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Where do you go to get the Beta? go to the demo section on the Xbone and the beta will be there for download.

EDIT:PC goes live tomorrow.

Smasandian
It's pretty fun.

A very solid in the execution as well. I think this game is going to be a lot of fun. It has the solid core of CoD but the Titans, story elements and wall running makes a different experience.

But I don't know if I will buy it though. I think it should have a SP campaign if they are going to charge 60 bucks.

Arachnid1
It's pretty fun.

A very solid in the execution as well. I think this game is going to be a lot of fun. It has the solid core of CoD but the Titans, story elements and wall running makes a different experience.

But I don't know if I will buy it though. I think it should have a SP campaign if they are going to charge 60 bucks. I've heard that from other people. Its understandable.

For me, I wish more multiplayer games would take this approach. I like the fact that they completely left behind single player to add to the multiplayer experience. I'd like my multiplayer games to be completely multiplayer, just like I prefer my single play games to be completely single player.

BlackZero30x
I called in a titan and an enemy titan walked right under it as it fell. Destroyed their titan instantly!

Smasandian
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I've heard that from other people. Its understandable.

For me, I wish more multiplayer games would take this approach. I like the fact that they completely left behind single player to add to the multiplayer experience. I'd like my multiplayer games to be completely multiplayer, just like I prefer my single play games to be completely single player.

I don't care if they do or don't but for $60 I expect both.

For $30, yeah, a pure MP game is fine.

But there can be games that do both very well. The original Call of Duty's are a prime example.

Zack Fair
I don't mind. For 60 bucks I expect to be able to get into fkn matches though

****ing EA and their ****ing servers. **** This Shit

BlackZero30x
I don't mind. For 60 bucks I expect to be able to get into fkn matches though

****ing EA and their ****ing servers. **** This Shit

Xbone or PC? I haven't experienced any problems getting into matches.

Zack Fair
PC. Supposedly Xbox One had lots of problems with the closed beta as well.

Smasandian
It's bound to happen. It's an open beta.

BlackZero30x
PC. Supposedly Xbox One had lots of problems with the closed beta as well.

I got my code the night the servers went down but once I got started playing I have never had any problems. Smasandian is right. Now that its an open beta is probably whats causing these problems. Ton of people getting online to play it now when they were previously couldn't.

Tzeentch
I've spent a good couple of hours watching open beta gameplay footage of this.

It really does just look like Call of Duty... even when you jump into a mech, it still looks like Call of Duty, except now you one-shot everyone that isn't in a mech, but the mechanics still seem to be the same regardless. Run around the map in a circle, kill enough people to get a killstreak mech, then kill more people with your killstreakmech until it dies. Then start the cycle all over again.

It seems like the game doesn't have a whole lot to offer once the appeal of running around in a mech wears off, and I can't see that appeal lasting very long, as the mechs don't really seem to feel like you're driving a mech. Compared to MechWarrior Online, or even Hawken, controlling a mech in this game feels exactly like you're on foot, but just bigger.

I gotta say, what's the driving appeal here?

Smasandian
It plays a bit like CoD. It's a twitch shooter but it's different.

Mechs are not like killstreak awards. Getting a mech doesn't mean instant win and everybody gets one eventually. They move differently than running around and while it might not feel like a "mech", it still plays differently.

Do I think it's going to last? No idea but the game is very fun to play and it's ****ing hectic. I still feel the game should have a SP campaign.

Tzeentch
The mechs are exactly like killstreak rewards, lol. Sure, everyone gets one eventually, but the timer is vastly decreased by getting kills, so it performs the exact same function as a killstreak reward.

Dunno. Haven't gotten a chance to play it yet myself, but unless something comes up that I haven't already seen in the ~90 minutes of gameplay I've watched, it doesn't have enough content to warrent a purchase. Maybe a gamefly rental.

Smasandian
Nope. Mechs are not like killstreak awards at all. Killstreak awards are passive and instant death (pretty much).

In Titanfall, mechs take skill to master. You can't just run in and start shooting. Another mech will kill you or 2-3 guys will take you down with missile launchers. While the time counter does go down, it's not doesn't go down by a lot. From the matches I have played, maybe 1 or 2 guys get a mech 10-15 seconds before everybody else. As well, unless you spawn in the mech, you can easily not get into one if you drop it and get killed before you can run up to it.

I agree though, I don't know if Titanfall is worth the purchase at 60 bucks. Look at CoD, you get 4-5 SP campaign, a full fledged MP and some sort of special mode like zombies or spec ops. I don't even know what is coming with Titanfall aside from the MP.

Zack Fair
**** the servers and **** EA. I know Betas are bound to expose shit like this, but this is ridiculous. Haven't been able to play a single game. I'm now thinking I'm going to skip this game.Originally posted by Tzeentch
I've spent a good couple of hours watching open beta gameplay footage of this.

It really does just look like Call of Duty... even when you jump into a mech, it still looks like Call of Duty, except now you one-shot everyone that isn't in a mech, but the mechanics still seem to be the same regardless. Run around the map in a circle, kill enough people to get a killstreak mech, then kill more people with your killstreakmech until it dies. Then start the cycle all over again.

It seems like the game doesn't have a whole lot to offer once the appeal of running around in a mech wears off, and I can't see that appeal lasting very long, as the mechs don't really seem to feel like you're driving a mech. Compared to MechWarrior Online, or even Hawken, controlling a mech in this game feels exactly like you're on foot, but just bigger.

I gotta say, what's the driving appeal here? Why not just find somewhere to play it?

Tzeentch
YOU'RE MY ONLY FRIEND ESTEBAN OKAY.

BackFire
You shouldn't be surprised that the servers are having problems in beta. That's kind of the point of a beta like this.

Of course, this is EA, the company that completely shit the bed with BF4's servers, so I wouldn't be surprised if they end up screwing up Titanfall's release as well.

Probably just because EA is such a small company and they don't really have the money to support a decent number of servers.

Smasandian
Hahah, yeah.

I played both platforms. I must say I like the Xbox One version better than the PC. It seems to me that the FPS is kind of low on the PC version (I didn't mess with the settings too much though) and controlling the mech feels better with a controller.

Zack Fair
Well finally managed to play. As fun as I expected yay. I'm using a Dualshock 3 with DS3 which lets it function as a 360 controller. 131

Stealth Moose
Hahah, yeah.

I played both platforms. I must say I like the Xbox One version better than the PC. It seems to me that the FPS is kind of low on the PC version (I didn't mess with the settings too much though) and controlling the mech feels better with a controller.

What gamer doesn't immediately mess with the settings?

Smasandian
I didn't have time. I just played one match to test it out on PC.

I would of spent more time messing with settings than actually playing it.

Zack Fair
fav class?

The smart gun seems ridiculously op at times lol. Lot of people will rage.

Smasandian
I only played as assault.

Zack Fair
So I spent most of the day and night playing the beta with 2 more FPS enthusiasts and we all ended up loving it. We were almost fighting for our turns. I think what I like most is the added depth/dimension the jetpacks bring with the "verticality." Seriously has a lot of potential and I have always wanted something like that in my shooters. I like to run and gun and ambush people, so it is awesome. Can also be used to evade potential deaths etc. The burning cards seem interesting, wonder how they will work/balance in the final game. And Blax I'm sorry man but the mechs are so much more than killstreaks. So much more, but your opinion appears to be grounded so I'll just recommend you find someone/someway to play the game before you make up your mind.

Smasandian
Yeah, the verticality makes your pilot have a chance against a mech.

JuggernautMania
http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3360754

Arachnid1
eWbvXB85BZc

Great reviews so far

Zack Fair
Will probably be getting this sometime tonight

BlackZero30x
Mine just came in the mail. Installing then playing the crap out of it lol.

Arachnid1
This has been a blast so far. The maps are all really well done

Smasandian
Yes they are. The action is incredibly smooth and solid.

I like the grunts, Titans and wall running. I also like how the story is woven within the matches if you play campaign.

But, I would still of loved a SP campaign. It seems that the world Remedy is trying to create would make for a fantastic SP. A cross between Halo and Call of Duty. Maybe Titanfall 2 will include a SP.

NemeBro
Boy this game sure got old fast.

Stealth Moose
Yes they are. The action is incredibly smooth and solid.

I like the grunts, Titans and wall running. I also like how the story is woven within the matches if you play campaign.

But, I would still of loved a SP campaign. It seems that the world Remedy is trying to create would make for a fantastic SP. A cross between Halo and Call of Duty. Maybe Titanfall 2 will include a SP.

Respawn Entertainment is an American video game development studio founded by Jason West and Vince Zampella, who were formerly responsible for the development of the Call of Duty franchise at Infinity Ward.

Doesn't look like their MO.

BlackZero30x
Great Game! I could play it for forever!

Smasandian
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Respawn Entertainment is an American video game development studio founded by Jason West and Vince Zampella, who were formerly responsible for the development of the Call of Duty franchise at Infinity Ward.

Doesn't look like their MO.

What?

Every CoD had a SP campaign.

Impediment
I've never been an Xbox owner, and I never will be, but this game looks pretty damn amazing.

Darth Vicious

That's my only beef with the game, I wanted a SP campaign. If I wanted to play with other people I would go to MP.

Other than that I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

BlackZero30x
I beat both sides of campaign mode and in truth the story narration is very captivating. I did it purely to unlock the other Titans for customization. Love the game! The Ogre is growing on me. His double shield core ability is amazing!

Smasandian
The story narration is a worth addition to the game. The game would suffer it wasn't there but I would still liked a SP campaign. The world looks very promising in that regard and having Titans could of made a bit different.

Arachnid1
I'm highly considering getting the season pass for this. These maps are outstanding.

Time to make progress in the campaign though.'ve done nothing but play the regular matches so far

Nemesis X
I'd be careful getting season passes for Xbox shooters if I were you. Every Halo always has an anticipated map pack and after a few months once the DLC hype tones down, the only maps you ever access anymore are the common ones and you'd have wasted $20 or more.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm highly considering getting the season pass for this. These maps are outstanding.

Time to make progress in the campaign though.'ve done nothing but play the regular matches so far Considering the same thing.

Smasandian
Especially with games without a dedicated server.

In BF4 for PC, the maps packs work because dedicate servers allow you to choose what maps you want to play.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Loving it so far.

Nemesis X
ZhUHOqaC5_A

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.