Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
New Lord of the Rings game. Couldn't find an existing thread, so yeah...

Pre Alpha Gameplay (looks decent imo):

Bl9J_ewx3Rg

Mixes a fair few things we've seen before, but might actually be good I think.

Supposed to be out this year.

Arachnid1
J1ebNhO_cns

This game and the Witcher 3 look amazing. They seem semi-similar (hack and slash, open world, action RPG).

Basically, you play as a Ranger in middle earth who has the ability to traverse between the normal and wraith plane of existence. Going Wraith gives him certain supernatural abilities (like teleportation, or mind control)

The game also has a cool nemesis mechanic. If you make an enemy at one point in the game and they survive the encounter, they come back seeking vengeance on you later in the game (with higher rank, more followers, and all around harder to kill). In other words, leave no survivors!

Arachnid1
Ha! My mistake. I spent like 10 minutes making that other thread. You made this 6 minutes before I finished.

-Pr-
Yours may be better lol

Estacado
Stop copying Pr the awesome.uhuh

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Estacado
Stop copying Pr the awesome.uhuh I'm just trying to be awesome like Pr! Why wont anyone accept me? sad

Stealth Moose
Ranger's Creed? This is beautiful. Truly beautiful.

BlackZero30x
This game looks so great!

Arachnid1
Right? That nemesis system is ****ing awesome. That will make for some epic confrontations and mini-boss battles.

NemeBro
From a technical standpoint, the game looks great, though I am wary. I remember thinking the same thing when exposed to the hype of Borderlands.

How does everyone feel about edgifying Tolkien?

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Right? That nemesis system is ****ing awesome. That will make for some epic confrontations and mini-boss battles.

No doubt! The gameplay looks solid for sure I just hope the story is as good. Side note....I love the Ring Wraith abilities.

Kazenji
I've seen some people saying looks alot like Assassins Creed mixed with other things.

Tzeentch
Assassin's Creed? That's ridiculous.

Kazenji
I certainly can see the Assassins Creed aspect.

Smasandian
So do I.

KingD19
I wonder if you're going to interact with any humans aside from the ones in camps? Or if it's going to be all Orcs all the time?

Impediment
Merged the two threads together.

Digi
A more historically accurate Assassin's Creed? I'm hip.

ares834
laughing out loud

Astner
Am I the only one in this thread who thinks this game looks horrible?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Astner
Am I the only one in this thread who thinks this game looks horrible? Perhaps.

Why do you think it looks horrible?

Tzeentch
"M-muh lore"

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by NemeBro
From a technical standpoint, the game looks great, though I am wary. I remember thinking the same thing when exposed to the hype of Borderlands.

How does everyone feel about edgifying Tolkien?

Eh, the Sil and Children of Hurin was pretty morally grey. I'm game.

Estacado
This game looks phuckin amazing!

Estacado
dVKZfJuegBE#t=114

Estacado
XjksYo26-0s

Smasandian
There is a preview on GameSpot. The more I hear it, the more I'm intrigue by this game.

I'm not a huge fan of series but I really enjoy Monolith games so depending on reviews, I might pick it up.

The nemesis system looks very cool. According to the GameSpot preview, the orc that killed him was promoted to captain. After that, the previewer sought revenge and he kept on dying by the hands of that orc. The previewer literally wrote that he despised that damn orc and if he had more time would of gone out of his way to kill him. Kind of neat.

Estacado
55GJQQKKzuE

BlackZero30x
I have been excited for this game for so freaking long! I just want it to be October already lol.

Estacado
313wank
9pIlGPTttSo

-Pr-
That bit with the mount was cool. That whole "branding" system could be a lot of fun to mess with. I really like games where you can turn enemies against each other (Mass Effect, AC), so should be good.

I hope the combat isn't as piss easy as it is in Assassin's Creed. Love the decapitations though.

I like that teleportation mechanic.

lol bees.

lol, I like how the interviewer is actually a fan, and asks questions about how it works with the lore.

I have to admit, I really like how even when you die, it affects the game world. that kind of persistence could be a lot of fun.

Really looks solid though; I can see myself picking it up when it comes out.

Smasandian
A writer at Joystiq had this game as the best for E3 and basically said that it will be the Arkham Asylum of this year. A game that comes out from nowhere and does well.

Every single time I see information about this game I get a bit more exicted. It looks fun and the Nemesis system could be something completely original.

Estacado
Game simply looks awesome!
I really hope that if we are stealthy and skillfull enough we can take over all of the orcs in the camp/fortress just to gangbang their commander.
It would be so cool to watch a 20 on 1 fight.

Estacado
There is a new gameplay video which is 31 minutes long it has been posted like 15 hours ago.
It shows that you can mount trolls ,killing each war chief rewards you with a new rune/ability.A kind of tk grip/mind control it looks like Vader's grip but it ends in turning the enemy to your side.. wonder if you can kill him as another option and some war chief vs war chief gameplay.

It would be nice if someone could post it cause Im using mobile atm.

-Pr-
Game simply looks awesome!
I really hope that if we are stealthy and skillfull enough we can take over all of the orcs in the camp/fortress just to gangbang their commander.
It would be so cool to watch a 20 on 1 fight.

laughing out loud "gangbang"

but yeah, that'd be awesome.

There is a new gameplay video which is 31 minutes long it has been posted like 15 hours ago.
It shows that you can mount trolls ,killing each war chief rewards you with a new rune/ability.A kind of tk grip/mind control it looks like Vader's grip but it ends in turning the enemy to your side.. wonder if you can kill him as another option and some war chief vs war chief gameplay.

It would be nice if someone could post it cause Im using mobile atm.

This one?

eyz7Y48_OTY

?

Estacado
Thanks buddy!
However it was this one..stick out tongue

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=shadow%20of%20mordor&sm=3

Could you edit my post and make the video link a youtube hotlink please?313
its the 30 minute vid.

-Pr-
Thanks buddy!
However it was this one..stick out tongue

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=shadow%20of%20mordor&sm=3

Could you edit my post and make the video link a youtube hotlink please?313
its the 30 minute vid.

I cant mod here. sad

Estacado
Then could you just tube link the 30 min vid from the link I posted please?313

-Pr-
It better be one of these...

mQlPK90UswI

Or

Pu6iNu3yI2g

Estacado
thumb up
Its the 2nd.

Now watch it and be amazed.uhuh

-Pr-
it does look REALLY good.

just hope it's not badly ported to pc. until I get a gaming pc, i'm kinda ****ed.

Estacado
Why?Dont you have a ps3?
Originally posted by -Pr-
It better be one of these...

mQlPK90UswI

Or

Pu6iNu3yI2g

-Pr-
I do, but I honestly game less and less on it than I used to. I keep drifting back to my pc. Besides, I doubt the PS3 version would be as good as the PS4 or PC version.

Estacado
srug
I'll play it on my 360.
Doubt that there will be much difference besides graphics.

It would be cool to play it on ps4 but atm I cant afford that and I dont really care about graphics anyways.

Estacado
o0GTudrIOF4

Estacado
Demo review...kinda..

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/middle-earth_shadow_of_mordor/b/xboxone/archive/2014/06/13/the-many-awesome-things-we-did-in-shadow-of-mordor.aspx

Estacado
Az0vR_izUn4

Demonic Phoenix
s3xOdu3YzyE

Demonic Phoenix
I2QkPufpVH0

Celebrimbor's the wraith. Dayum.

ares834
Yeah. Saw that earlier. Almost had a fangasm at the reveal. Plus it makes. A little mean streak and a thirst for vengeance does run in his family. wink

Estacado
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I2QkPufpVH0

Celebrimbor's the wraith. Dayum.
OMFG!!!!
THIS LOOKS SO AWESOME!!!!

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by ares834
Yeah. Saw that earlier. Almost had a fangasm at the reveal. Plus it makes. A little mean streak and a thirst for vengeance does run in his family. wink

Indeed.
If I know my lore correctly, the white haired dude is Sauron as Annatar yes?

Estacado
Booyah!
Gameplay of controling more then 10 enemies at once.

4HS2L8nA0zM

RaventheOnly
I wonder if it will deal with the story line of the Battle for Middle Earth 2 The Rise of the Witch-King smile It seems like it pretty much.

ares834
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Indeed.
If I know my lore correctly, the white haired dude is Sauron as Annatar yes?

Yep.

Tzeentch
I wonder if you can **** up Ancalagon the Whack in it.

Maybe some time travel.

Estacado
s9jDuWn1gts

shahbazzz
nice

deepdoop
I have a hatred for Lord of the Rings, but this is one of those games that will succeed heavily with me despite that. I can't wait for this game. I hope it lives up to the hype.

NemeBro
Originally posted by deepdoop
I have a hatred for Lord of the Rings Why?

Nemesis X
This whole dominating and controlling minions buis doesn't remind anyone of Overlord II?

Smasandian
Not sure.

It looks like you won't be able to control massive amounts of minions like Overlord and it looks like Mordor is about infiltrating into the organization similar to a double agent kind of thing.

But I don't know. It might be but it doesn't look it would be.

BlackZero30x
I had no idea how in depth they were going with this game! So excited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03bw6-V_M3o

The AI is going to actually have a life of its own and go questing and ranking up. So if you do something that will cause someone to hold a vendetta then they could come back later in the game as a boss fight or a captain to destroy you for what you did.

And when you die everyone assumes you're dead. its not like coming back and replaying the same thing.

Estacado
There is supposed to be a live streaming on Ign now.
Bet its gonna be on youtube in a few hours.

Estacado
Yesterday's streaming...
FzjQmbHWUCY

BlackZero30x
I Just finished paying off both this game and Disney Infinity 2.0. I payed for both completely in game trades!

Estacado
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I Just finished paying off both this game and Disney Infinity 2.0. I payed for both completely in game trades!
Great choices!uhuh
The release dates are really close now...happy

BlackZero30x
Great choices!uhuh
The release dates are really close now...happy

lol yeah im getting so excited! There is only like a week between the release of those two games.

Estacado
lol yeah im getting so excited! There is only like a week between the release of those two games.
Yeah!
Both should have extremly large open worlds.
Cant wait for Marvel but atm Shadow Of Mordor is on top of my 2014 most wanted games..stick out tongue

BlackZero30x
Yeah!
Both should have extremly large open worlds.
Cant wait for Marvel but atm Shadow Of Mordor is on top of my 2014 most wanted games..stick out tongue

lol yeah I agree! It makes me happy Arkham Knight was pushed back because even if I bought them both I would be so split on which to play!

Estacado
Really wonder that how will the story tie into all this.

Hope you can give basic commands to the controlled guys some basic stuff like follow and attack would be enough for me.

It would be pretty cool if you could attack a warchief with multiple warchiefs not just 1 but I guess I have to wait for the game to come out to see what options we get to create our army.smile

BlackZero30x
Im really excited for the "living AI". Although, now that you mention it I would love to know more about the Army building features! Seems like they are sticking to the lore pretty well also!

Estacado
Im really excited for the "living AI". Although, now that you mention it I would love to know more about the Army building features! Seems like they are sticking to the lore pretty well also!
Yeah its gonna be hard to decide whether to kill a warchief for a rune or to dominate them to increase your army.

Seems like its going to require a lot of skill to take over a fortress. Vids show 20+ urukhai and 3-4 warchiefs onscreen if you attack head on and raise an alarm but the more challenging these fights are the more "rewarding" the victory is.

BlackZero30x
Yeah its gonna be hard to decide whether to kill a warchief for a rune or to dominate them to increase your army.

Seems like its going to require a lot of skill to take over a fortress. Vids show 20+ urukhai and 3-4 warchiefs onscreen if you attack head on and raise an alarm but the more challenging these fights are the more "rewarding" the victory is.

I feel like my first play through there is going to be a lot of army building. There is a lot of stuff to do it seems. This game is probably going to be a heck of a time consumer.

Estacado
Unfortunetly in the vid I posted above (Ign) they said there is no ng+ but if you beat the game you can carry on and dominate more uruk do sidemissons unlock secrets...etc.

Really wonder how large is the whole hierarchy iirc in the vid they also say that if you get killed by a random enemy(non warchief) it's possible for him to become a warchief so it seems like the hierarchy is a never ending cycle.

BlackZero30x
That does suck but anything with free roam instantly has me hooked! lol This is one of those games that Im going to want to do everything. But yeah I really like what they did with "dying". They give promotions to the one that kills you...making them stronger and everyone just assumes you're dead. This really seems like its going to be a new breed in gaming. I was excited for War in the North but it didn't live up to expectations. This is a whole new ball game though.

Estacado
Season pass details....
https://www.facebook.com/ShadowofMordor/photos/a.200559670149038.1073741828.111585172379822/281905962014408/?type=1&relevant_count=1

BlackZero30x
lol I will get it but not right away. Im not a fan of DLC being announced before a game releases.

Zack Fair
lol I will get it but not right away. Im not a fan of DLC being announced before a game releases. Yeah. I hate it actually.

Estacado
Devs said the Dark Ranger skin is actually Talion's final form.
Which is a preorder skin if you order from Gamestop.
Since it's in game stuff and not exclusive I dont get the point.

As for the dlc ,same here I rarely buy any but for this game Im gonna get them.
Still its d1ckery how they do all these things just to rip people off.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Yeah. I hate it actually.
Agreed

Devs said the Dark Ranger skin is actually Talion's final form.
Which is a preorder skin if you order from Gamestop.
Since it's in game stuff and not exclusive I dont get the point.

As for the dlc ,same here I rarely buy any but for this game Im gonna get them.
Still its d1ckery how they do all these things just to rip people off.

well where I live there are additional pre-order bonuses now.

"Pre-order Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and receive the GameStop Exclusive Captain of the Watch Character Skin and The Hidden Blade Rune!

Deal extra damage when executing stealth attacks against Sauron's Captains"

and

Pre-order Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor and receive the Dark Ranger skin and "Test of Power" Challenge Mode!

Increase your power and prove your skills by playing the exclusive Test of Power' challenge mode. Face Sauron's captains and defeat them to earn powerful Runes giving you a head start in the campaign. Test your speed, skill and strategy and measure yourself against your friends on the leaderboards.

Estacado
Loving the Anti-Venom sig!

Funnier take on...
ZaMvo040kqQ

Estacado
Fun lvl over 9000!!
ZuOYVbpYbCs

BlackZero30x
Loving the Anti-Venom sig!
Thanks!

Those videos are getting me all hyped up. I gotta wait a month.....toooooo looonnngggg lol

Estacado
How dope it would be if you could get 5-6 graugs into a fortress fight...

BlackZero30x
That would be epic!

Estacado
That would be epic!
Just noticed when someone becomes a warchief his armor and looks become more tougher as well.
Its minor stuff but cool nonethless.

BlackZero30x
I love the detail! I love how as the AI characters grow they also take on their very own identity! lol

Estacado
From 16:00....~wank313~
djKunom98T0

Estacado
oXF5INPUUN8

Estacado
Quadruple teleport kill is badass!

bHmy1NL_N_A

Super cool you can dominate guys mid fight with a simple button press and you can give them orders.....

5GcqT88U-VU

BlackZero30x
This game can't come fast enough.

Estacado
This game can't come fast enough.
Yup.
Im so excited in of the vids the devs say that graug isnt the largest creature you can mount.
Cant wait to see what else we get to ride.

Estacado
1 hour gameplay...

Zx8pkh_ba7A

Reflassshh
The ps3/xbox 360 version got delayed to november 21 sad

Estacado
Yup.
This made me go apeshit yesterday.
Thinking about getting a ps4 this month just because of this game.ermm

Reflassshh
Yup.
This made me go apeshit yesterday.
Thinking about getting a ps4 this month just because of this game.ermm you really should, i'd say is the right moment to get a ps4, with all the upcoming titles.

This was a low blow though sad

Estacado
Tbh I dont want to spend loads of money just because this game got delayed .

Only 2 next gen titles that got me interested so far is the new Infamous and Killzone.

Whatever I wanted to buy one anyways just thought Id wait till more next gen exclusives come out.

Estacado
Meh....phuck it Im buyin a PS4..

Same demo but its always a bit different playstyle...also cool new thing you can send more then 1 orc on the same betrayal mission....

D6G04huOYHE

Estacado
Some other mounts they look like Graug but a bit different....mmm

http://www.wallpaperseries.com/files/download/Middle-Earth%20Shadow%20of%20Mordor%20HD%20Wallpaper.jpg

http://www.thelandofshadow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/10344244_260867494118255_3543932547576804995_o.jpg

Estacado
Story gameplay...spoiler alert!

TjYvzvd_Qyw

Estacado
Live action..

5xK7e0-_3oQ

Estacado
For those who didnt know it yet...Troy Baker(Batman from Arkham games) is voicing Talion.

p0ZCh9XM4Fk

BlackZero30x
I f'ing love the live action trailer....but I also loved the live action Destiny trailer. Guess Im just a sucker for the live action stuff.

Estacado
Achievment list.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-xbox-one/achievements/

Estacado
10 days left....313wank
TI2DTx5orh4

Demonic Phoenix
HoZgbPBGT04

BlackZero30x
I have to work 12pm-9pm this tuesday :'(

ares834
IGN just gave it a 9.3!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/this-is-beautiful.gif

Seem that quality next gen has finally arrived.

Estacado
Woot!
That's great!
smile

Estacado
Other reviews are

Joystiq 10
Polygon 9,5
Hardcore Gamer 9
Shacknews 9
PlayStation LifeStyle 9
The Escapist 9
Gaming Age 9
Game Front 9
Games Radar 9
Gametrailers 8,7
Gameinformer 8,3
Gamespot 8
GamesBeat 8
EGM 8,5
Eurogamer 8

Lulz at Destructoid 6....haermm

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor

Smasandian
I like when companies allow reviews to hit the street early.

I was 50% thinking of getting but now I am.

Estacado
I love it when some reviewers just throw around the term "repetitive" whenever they dont like something.

Everydamn game is repetitive.
I race games you race in shooters you shoot.
Hell even Arkham City the game that SOM is being compared to most had constantly repeating missions or any of the AC games.

Demonic Phoenix
It's impossible for a game to be anything but repetitive in some way.

ares834
Just finished my preload on Steam... 33.9 Gb god damn it's a big game.

Estacado
Only few days left.
Lot of walkthroughs say there are 2 big maps to explore they are pretty big but not that enormous.
Tons of collectibles and side mission types.

BlackZero30x
Ive been waiting for soooo long! lol

NemeBro
Downloading now.

I am so ready.

Estacado
Originally posted by NemeBro
Downloading now.

I am so ready.
Enjoy it!

Hate being europian now have to wait till friday.

Havent been this pumped for years.

Took off the weekend from work so I can play till my eyes bleed.stick out tongue

NemeBro
26% downloaded.

I am so ready to wait for another six hours.

Estacado
First 25 minutes..watch it fast cause WB is deleting them...

vmT8mtbywS8

Estacado
All powers/abilities both ranger and wraith..think Im gonna max out before getting into the story missions...stick out tongue

http://www.ign.com/wikis/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor/Abilities

The Renegade
I've heard something about character creation but I'm not how that would work, considering there's a set protagonist.

BlackZero30x
Game installing to the xbone right now.

Estacado
Enjoy it!

Local shop just called my ps4 copy will arrive on Thursday.dancesuperm

ares834
Played it a few hours last night. Game is an absolute blast. The nemesis system is great. There was one Orc who was virtually unkillable as he was immune to almost everything worse yet he could one shot me and he was incredibly fast so if I did somehow burn him (he was afraid of fires) he would almost always escape. Took me over two hours to finally kill him...

Also there was one orc whos had the title the "brain damaged". Instead of taunting me he just gave this crazy ass scream and then a stupid grin split his face. It was hilarious.

Estacado
Did any of you guys got the pre order test of power challenge?
How big it is gb wise?

I didnt pre order but Dark Ranger package is the only 1 available in the stores fortunetly...

Smasandian
Bought it today and the pre-order was also part of the package even though I didn't pre-order it.

Estacado
Originally posted by Smasandian
Bought it today and the pre-order was also part of the package even though I didn't pre-order it.
Dark Ranger dlc?
If yes....
Could you let me know how big is Test Of Power gb wise?

BlackZero30x
Did any of you guys got the pre order test of power challenge?
How big it is gb wise?

I didnt pre order but Dark Ranger package is the only 1 available in the stores fortunetly...

I have it but haven't tried it yet. What ie played is amazing though!

Estacado
I have it but haven't tried it yet. What ie played is amazing though!
Checked it's only 9,5mb.
Im glad cause my net connection pretty meh...ermm

Dark Ranger looks pretty sweet as well.

Morridini
Been hearing a lot of good things about this game, and now I also hear that the Nemesis system will be nerfed for the current-gen versions. If this is true then we might very well have the first game that could make me consider getting a next-gen console...

Smasandian
The Nemesis system is pretty damn sweet. Finding out information about one of the captains, or have 3 captains show up when your fighting some common orcs is pretty damn cool.

Smasandian
Also, I've played about 2-3 hours of it. Just walking around and killing orks and getting a feel for the mechanics.

I like how the game has about 20 story missions plus sidequests and stuff. I'm finding some open world games are so big that it's filled with the useless shit but I'm getting a feeling that this game will not have that. I've already killed a few captains (easy ones) and have killed 2 power 10 captains by accident. I guess they were killed by this huge beast when I was running away from it. hahaha.

Arachnid1
This game has been badass so far.

I wish there was a difficulty option though. I haven't touched the main game, or upgraded my characters health, but I've been slaughtering captains left and right. Saurons running out lol.

Smasandian
Yeah, once you get the hang of it, that's pretty much the case.

But I have been killed a few times from the elite captains but only because there is like a thousand guys attacking me.

I had an annoying thing happen to me in this game. The sword mission where you have to kill the trainers took me about 30 minutes because I was fighting a bunch of them but enemies kept on respawning near me and joining the fight. I wonder why the developers put a respawn point right beside "proving grounds" that you need to visit to beat the mission.

Overall, at first I wasn't totally in it but after about 5 hours, it's pretty damn sweet. I'm hoping the side missions have some sort of payoff aside from XP/cash.

Estacado
Read that doing all weapon side missions gives each of them.some kind of super upgrade.

Smasandian
Hmm, I guess I will see.

They are pretty fun though but the sword missions are quite hard compared to the other two.

Zack Fair
Thinking about DLing my game for my pc.

Estacado
Hmm, I guess I will see.

They are pretty fun though but the sword missions are quite hard compared to the other two.
Cant find the article but those upgrades are pretty uber.
Like for sword you'll get infinite executions for 15 seconds.
For bow you have infinite arrows for 15 seconds.

Suppose its meter based like fill it up then activate it.

My bad they can be purchased without beatig the legend missions....

http://www.ign.com/wikis/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor/Attributes

WEAPON POWERS
Storm of Urfael
Flame of Azkar
Shadow of Acharn

Weapon Powers are incredibly powerful attack modes that can be purchased for Mirian points - Talion dones NOT have to complete the Legend missions for each weapon before unlocking the various weapon powers. Once unlocked. you can see the charge meter for the weapons near the bottom left of the screen. Urfael's charge meter will be shown regularly, while Azkar's charge meter will be shown while your bow is drawn, and Acharn's charge meter is shown when sneaking.

Storm of Urafel: Charged with melee kills. Allows Talion to perform unlimited executions for 20 seconds. Can be extended by 10 seconds with the Ruination weapon rune.
Flame of Azkar: Charged with ranged kills. Allows Talion 15 seconds of unlimited Elf-shot, Focus and Fire Arros. Can be extended by 10 seconds with the Wrath of the Eldar weapon rune.
Shadow of Acharn: Charged with stealth kills. Allows Talion to become invisible for 20 seconds, enabling unlimited stealth kills. Can be recharged faster with the Oathbreaker weapon rune.

Arachnid1
Yeah, once you get the hang of it, that's pretty much the case.

But I have been killed a few times from the elite captains but only because there is like a thousand guys attacking me.

I had an annoying thing happen to me in this game. The sword mission where you have to kill the trainers took me about 30 minutes because I was fighting a bunch of them but enemies kept on respawning near me and joining the fight. I wonder why the developers put a respawn point right beside "proving grounds" that you need to visit to beat the mission.

Overall, at first I wasn't totally in it but after about 5 hours, it's pretty damn sweet. I'm hoping the side missions have some sort of payoff aside from XP/cash. That mission sucked. I was there killing people for a good 20 minutes. That same glitch happened, and they kept coming. I figured it would end eventually, but I ended up getting overwhelmed. I haven't gone near the mission since.

Smasandian
Yeah.

You just need to kill the trainers to beat it which sucks because you cannot pick them out in the crowd (unless you go into wraith mode).

What I did was that I ran underneath the bridge near there (where there is herbs as well) and fought them off. It took awhile for all of them to follow so I only had to fight 15 at a time. Also, the respawning enemies don't attack when they are underneath.

Demonic Phoenix
8hhWDYkjJSo

I found this to be humourous.

Estacado
So I played like 6 hours.
I love it!
Only beat like 5 story missions.
Tryin to get as many upgrades as I can.
Some of the Captains are nasty I faced one with poisoning spears he had like 15 uruks around.
First I tried to release a caragor on him but he was a beast slayer then I tried to beat him but the other uruk always kept me occupied and his poison was so strong he could easily 2 shot me.
He also had health regen.
Decided to run away take down the followers with a bow then went berserk on him.
Took me like 20 minutes to take him down but it was fun.

Also seen a captain and his men getting crushed by a graug near a cave...haermm

Cant wait to ride those..

Estacado
Talion is so op...haermm

I can take out 50+ uruk without them touching me....

With following stuff I have infinite focus and infinite arrows I can just teleport around killing every non captain uruk.

Have shadow chain strike,combat drain,the ability that allows you to do 2 executions after a streak and the one that decrease streak from 8 to 5.

Have runes that have x chance to add 4 elf shots after drain.
Add as many of those so that their number reaches 100%.
Have a rune that recharges about 35% of focus after each chain strike.

Have at least 10 elf shots available.

1 chain strike uses up 2 of them.

This way you can teleport around killing at least 4 guys in a row each kill recharges focus so you never run out.

After each 5 hits(you need to hit only one guy to get a streak hence the chain strike) you can recharge your ability via combat drain 2 times.Adding 8 arrows/4 teleport kills each time.

Beastly for sure...big grin

Smasandian
I was going for a level 17 warchief and I stealth attacked him. Turns out the two bodyguards both have the summoner ability. So what started out to be a 3 vs 1 fight with two capts and a warchief turned into a 30 vs 1 with like 5-6 captains and the crazy warchief.

I ran around like crazy eating herbs and slowly killing the captains. I have a rune that gives me back all my health/focus so I eventually got down to the warchief and 1 captain. Killed the captain and then started picking away at the big guy. He had a shield and an attack I couldn't counter. He also takes a shitload of health per hit away. I jumped over him and then attacked a thousand times until he chickened and ran away. I was like like, **** that! and chased him and killed him.

It was like 30 minutes of that shit. After that, I got killed by some carrogors which allowed a shitload of captains to get promotions and better power.

BlackZero30x
lol I came across a Warchief with like 4 captains rolling with him. I shot down a bee nest and scared all the captains away and killed the warchief. I was actually a little disappointed with how easy it was.

Estacado
Dominated all of the body guards of a warchief then sent all of them against him.
It was pretty damn sweet to watch like 40 of my men and 3 captains raping him.

There is even an achievment/trophy for it.

Estacado
Horned graugs are awesome they are like 3 times more powerful then normal ones.They barely take damage its much easier to recover health with them.Drain only takes like 5% of their health.You can easily just eat captains with it.
Only con is that they cant climb surface and they attract caragors but I just dominate them as well.Running around with a 3 beasts is pretty boss.

Gonna love using them as "Captain hunters".stick out tongue

BlackZero30x
Beat the game and loved it! Can't wait to finish the rest of the side quests I have left! The story was pretty cool and I love this character. My one problem with the game was...I felt cheated on the last boss fight. :/ oh well I feel everything else made up for it!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>