Dark Serial Killer Movie Where Female Falls in Love with Captor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vatoad
Hi,

Can someone please help me identify this movie. It is a very dark and disturbing movie about a girl who is kept as a hostage by a serial killer. The killer basically dehumanizes her and keeps her as a slave and makes her do horrible things. The girl basically looses everything she ever knew and slowly becomes emotionally attached (in love) to her captor. She is made to wear a mask throughout her captive years and doesn't have resemblance to human characters and emotions anymore. Later when the serial killer is caught/killed and the girl is rescued, she soon commits suicide as the life she lived with the serial killer had finished and she had nothing to look forward to anymore.

This movie is very dark. Released sometime after 2000 as far as I remember. Can someone please help me find the name. I have literally browsed IMDB for hours but unable to find the movie.

NemeBro
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/ThePoughkeepsieTapes

This the movie you were thinking of?

vatoad
Thanks bro. Thats the one!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.