Black Bolt vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
1. H2H
2. all powers

no bfr

who wins?

carver9
Black Bolt wins. Too many Heralds fear his power for a reason and I cant see Surfer as being any different. He would fall after a good fight.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by carver9
Black Bolt wins. Too many Heralds fear his power for a reason and I cant see Surfer as being any different. He would fall after a good fight. You even think BB wins H2H

celeyhyga17
Black Bolt
Surfer

zopzop
Scenario 1 : Surfer destroys him H2H.

Scenario 2 : If Surfer can avoid that scream, he wins. Otherwise....

leonidas
h2h? bolt has actually beaten the hulk.... ss could win, but that type of fight is more up bb's alley so i'd take him for a majority in straight h2h i guess.

all powers? scream means bb wins. no scream ss kills him. their is a chance i suppose that ss could somehow control some of the energy, maybe shield it, but that's only speculation and without seeing it on panel, not sure i'd be willing make the assumption. in general, ss>bb for sure, imo, but that scream of his is always a deciding factor against heralds and below.

iceman24567
Surfer in both

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by zopzop
Scenario 1 : Surfer destroys him H2H.

Scenario 2 : If Surfer can avoid that scream, he wins. Otherwise....
Bolt outclasses Surf skillwise in h2h, but Surf should be stronger and more durable.

All powers slight edge to Surfer.

carver9
Black Bolts scream isn't his only destructive power. He has other ways of winning this. Surfer is overall more powerful but Black Bolt has the fts that makes me think he can pull the lead in both cases.

kgkg
Surfer. It's against character for Bolt to use a full scream unless the situation requires it.

In a standard fight Bolt makes Surfer work for it but Surfer wins a heavy majority.

ODG
^ Black Bolt needs a full scream to take out Surfer?

janus77
1. Surfer 70-30 (far tougher than BB, tough enough to take Banner-less Hulk and to destroy Abomination).

2. Surfer 100% - The scream isn't going to do anything to Surfer, he can rearrange the energy (if he so wants) but he could just as easily tank it, kill BB before it's energy ever reaches him, **** with BB's physiology so that BB no longer has that power or just matter manipulate BB's mouth and vocal chords away.

People really are underestimating Surfer.

Mindship
1. SS wins due to his durability. BB will likely get the best of SS, offensively/point-wise, but he's not putting SS down for the count, anymore than Hulk could. It took a WM Thor to really hurt SS. BB will eventually tire out.

2. SS wins. BB's scream can hurt SS, would likely give him the win, if he strikes first with it. But that's not in BB's character, to use his voice as first strike, whereas SS has multiple options for a first strike KO, including a plain ol' cosmic bolt of sufficient power.

Mostly, this would be a fight of Black Bolt ("SS lite" when it comes to energy powers) dishing it out and Surfer taking it, until...
- The misunderstanding which caused them to fight in the first place is cleared up, or...
- Surfer gets pissed and ends it before Black Bolt does, because Black Bolt is that reluctant to use his one viable weapon.

Terryc250
CIS off for both characters. SS wins easily.

kgkg
This fight is not as easy for Surfer as people are claiming. no expression

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by janus77
1. Surfer 70-30 (far tougher than BB, tough enough to take Banner-less Hulk and to destroy Abomination).

2. Surfer 100% - The scream isn't going to do anything to Surfer, he can rearrange the energy (if he so wants) but he could just as easily tank it, kill BB before it's energy ever reaches him, **** with BB's physiology so that BB no longer has that power or just matter manipulate BB's mouth and vocal chords away.

People really are underestimating Surfer. You...

ODG
Originally posted by Mindship
1. SS wins due to his durability. BB will likely get the best of SS, offensively/point-wise, but he's not putting SS down for the count, anymore than Hulk could. It took a WM Thor to really hurt SS. BB will eventually tire out. Does this opinion of your's take into any account that Black Bolt did more damage to Thanos than B&T Thor w/ PG managed??????

Nuke Nixon
HtH - Blackagar

Powers - Surfer

h1a8
Although Surfer is more durable, BB is more skilled. Theoretically SS's reflexes should count. So I say SS in the first. Not counting his reflexes then BB wins the first.

Now Characters get basic knowledge, so Surfer knows that BB can end him by talking and BB knows what Surfer can do. Thus BB attempts to at least whisper or utter from the start. SS knows this and prepares to shield or use speed to avoid it (going behind). So surfer wins the second.

JayDaDon
In a comic I can see Surfer using his Powerset to "offset" the effects of the voice. Maybe its something he can manipulate or disperse. Its based on electrons right?

"Id"
You're overlooking that Black Bolt has his own matter manipulating abilities, enough to contest Emperor Vulcan.

So reaching out and manipulating his voice or electrons isn't as clear cut as some are msking it out to be.

JayDaDon
True, but Surfer is more known for this, so in a comic I could see him pulling out a trick to nullify it. I'm surprised this fight hasn't happened already now that I think of it, I'd love to see it.

"Id"
This fight has happened.

JayDaDon
Got scans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.