JLA Adventures: Trapped in time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JayDaDon
Uhh....what the hell? Just found out about this today for the first time. It released this year with zero buzz

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50459

DARTH POWER
^ Ah it's just a kiddy's show. Sounds like something akin to Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon or the Superhero squad.

Golgo13
People have been saying its very good. Much better than jla war.

Galan007
I enjoyed this quite a bit. You have to keep in mind that it is geared for a younger audience, so the art, voices, and dialogue are going to suffer a bit as a result. That being said, it was still a FAR cry from purely infantile crap like The Superhero Squad and USM. Anywho, I watched it with an open mind(I didn't get fixated on the little BS), and all in all the character interactions/battle scenes were very well done(they did a good job showcasing Karate Kid's badassery), and the general plot was intriguing... Not to mention that I loved seeing Time Trapper used as one of the main antagonists.

Was it my favorite DCAU film? No. Things like Wonder Woman, JL: Doom, and Under The Red Hood take the cake for me. However, it was still very enjoyable. Tbh, I probably did enjoy it more than War overall, which is saying something given that this film was released completely under the radar for the sole purpose of not overshadowing War.

DARTH POWER
^ Oh right, sounds like it's worth watching then. I think Ultimate Spider-Man just put me off watching anything geared towards kids. But if this is nothing like that then I'll check it out.

Galan007
Like I said: it's definitely geared moreso for kids/teens than adults, but it doesn't have the overly ridiculous cheese-factor that some of those kiddy cartoons have.

As long as you go into it with an open mind, realizing that it isn't going to have the same adult-themed overtones that most of DC's mainstream animated films have, you'll probably enjoy it.

abhilegend
Its worth it just for making Val punch out an iceberg.

http://i.imgur.com/a5rgs5T.gif

That was ****ing awesome.

Galan007
thumb up

-Pr-
Just watched it. Not bad at all. A really solid piece. Nothing that I would rave about to ridiculous levels, but nothing to complain about either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.