Mon-El vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
1. Slugfest.

2. Standard Fight.

Who wins?

Nuke Nixon
Mon-El both times easily.

carver9
Wonder Woman wins.

Q99
Depends on the versions! The one in the New Krypton story is fairly inexperienced a fighter, and I'd think probably loses at both.

Original-Legion Mon-el (in post-crisis levels. Pre-crisis stomps, obviously), is pretty impressive, and will be a tough contender, and probably neither wins all the time in either. Maybe edge to Mon in the former, edge to Wondy in the latter.

I'd say the Legion reboot M'onel does a bit worse, but still makes a good fight of it, and New Krypton Mon not only loses but by a good margin.

abhilegend
Why does New Krypton Mon-El loses here? His main problem was that his powers were failing due to the serum in his body failing. He is the same Mon-El who was flat out stated to be more powerful than every hero controlled by Eclipso which included wonder woman and has feats like throwing planets at Time-Trapper.

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16741144_Eclipso_Special-02-15.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/16741145_Eclipso_Special-02-16.jpg

I can buy her splitting with him in a standard fight but he would beat her in a slugfest.

Q99
I'm pretty sure that's from Eclipso's 90s series (same art and everything), which makes that the original Mon-el, 3 years before the reboot M'onel, and 14 years before New Krypton.

And I think the planet-throwing would be the original as well (though if it's from legion of three worlds, which I haven't read, it could've been, and likely was, one of the others. It's the only time he'd have met Time Trapper at all).

I'm willing to give the original props, especially in slugfest as you say, but the newer one had very little active heroing time under his belt and I don't recall great feats from him in either New Krypton or his time in the Threeboot legion.

DarkSaint85
I have a challenge for you guys.

Would you be able to make arguments for these characters....WITHOUT mentioning the Big 'S'?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
I'm pretty sure that's from Eclipso's 90s series (same art and everything), which makes that the original Mon-el, 3 years before the reboot M'onel, and 14 years before New Krypton.

And I think the planet-throwing would be the original as well (though if it's from legion of three worlds, which I haven't read, it could've been, and likely was, one of the others. It's the only time he'd have met Time Trapper at all).

I'm willing to give the original props, especially in slugfest as you say, but the newer one had very little active heroing time under his belt and I don't recall great feats from him in either New Krypton or his time in the Threeboot legion.
The original Mon-El is the Mon-El in New Krypton. As written by Johns the original LOSH was the one which traveled in the past. They then stopped coming back just before COIE because Earth-Man tarnished superman and LOSH's reputation. M'onel from post zero hour LOSH and Mon-El from threeboot LOSH are different characters from different universes.

No, it happened in LOSH v3.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_33495999ks9.jpg

Nah, its the same Mon-El as before. Threeboot mon-el is a different character.

Q99
I'm pretty sure threeboot Mon-el is the New Krypton one.

He has his own origin issue, and he met Supergirl in both the modern age and threeboot legion.

Pillow Biter
Regardless of what continuity any Mon-El technically belonged to, it is clear that his power levels (as well as those of Daxamites in general) seemed to vacillate vis a vis Kryptonians. As such, I'm not comfortable using a lot of the older material to represent a Daxamite's power level by the end of the old DCU. For example, during the time Daxamites > Kryptonians, such as when WW met Julia, Mon-El would wipe the floor with Diana. But by the end of the old DCU, with Daxamites seeming to be at best equal to Kryptonians, and possibly a touch below, WW has a better shot.

Supra
Mon El by a land slide.

Pillow Biter
In the New Krypton arc, I seem to recall Mon-El having trouble keeping up with pure Kryptonians. This was just after they retconned the origin of Daxamites. Now they are a mix of Kryptonian settlers and the original inhabitants of Daxam, suggesting their power levels might be watered down from those of pure-blooded Kryptonians.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
I'm pretty sure threeboot Mon-el is the New Krypton one.

He has his own origin issue, and he met Supergirl in both the modern age and threeboot legion.
Nope. Threeboot Mon-El's universe was destroyed in Infinite Crisis and he next appeared in LO3W. I've read that annual and he was the same Mon-El who met Superman in his childhood, got poisoned and was trapped in phantom zone.

Pillow Biter
Where would you put Daxamite power levels compared to Kryptonians by the end of the old DCU?

Konton
Diana.
Better fighter, comparable stats.

Q99
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nope. Threeboot Mon-El's universe was destroyed in Infinite Crisis and he next appeared in LO3W. I've read that annual and he was the same Mon-El who met Superman in his childhood, got poisoned and was trapped in phantom zone.

Yea, but that one *isn't* the one in the Eclipso special and such, who is the one who met the original Superboy and got lead poisoning, which was later retconned into being in Time Trapper's pocket universe.

First Mon-el met Superboy in a pocket universe and got lead poisoning.

Second M'onel met Conner-Superboy and got lead poisoning.

Third met Superman and got lead poisoning.

Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Where would you put Daxamite power levels compared to Kryptonians by the end of the old DCU?

They're pretty comparable, though if anything chump-Daxamites seemed less chump-y than chump kryptonians. Major ones were in the same strength band.

Third Mon-el was roughly on par with Supergirl in the threeboot legion.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Slightly stronger and more durable. Even after IC, Kurt Busiek wrote daxamites as peers of kryptonians in Superman 675.Originally posted by Q99
Yea, but that one *isn't* the one in the Eclipso special and such, who is the one who met the original Superboy and got lead poisoning, which was later retconned into being in Time Trapper's pocket universe.

First Mon-el met Superboy in a pocket universe and got lead poisoning.

Second M'onel met Conner-Superboy and got lead poisoning.

Third met Superman and got lead poisoning.

They're pretty comparable, though if anything chump-Daxamites seemed less chump-y than chump kryptonians. Major ones were in the same strength band.

Third Mon-el was roughly on par with Supergirl in the threeboot legion.
Geoff Johns retconned that as being a ruse by Time Trapper in Action Comics 864. As it is, the current Mon-El WAS the same Mon-El who appeared in those back issues. M'onel from 94 reboot and 3boot Mon-El are different characters.

First Mon-El died from entropy poisoning after battling Time-Trapper at the end of time and then resurrected by Time-Trapper killed him and erased all of previous continuity. After LOSH v4 4, there was no Pocket Universe Superboy at all in continuity. Its a mess of continuity BTW.

Q99
A mess is an understatement smile

But I'd still say that results in them being two different ones. Because that one didn't end up with the original legion and etc. etc., ending with death by entropy, and the same one that was in New Krypton and Threeboot showed less experience and less power.

It's sorta grafting on one of the origins of the original onto the new one, but the third Mon in all of his stories that aren't retcon-grafts don't show him as too impressive, and even the retconned grafted story wasn't really when Mon-el did much anything impressive, he was just talked up some.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
A mess is an understatement smile

But I'd still say that results in them being two different ones. Because that one didn't end up with the original legion and etc. etc., ending with death by entropy, and the same one that was in New Krypton and Threeboot showed less experience and less power.

It's sorta grafting on one of the origins of the original onto the new one, but the third Mon in all of his stories that aren't retcon-grafts don't show him as too impressive, and even the retconned grafted story wasn't really when Mon-el did much anything impressive, he was just talked up some.
It did. Who do you think inspired LOSH after Superboy was erased from continuity? Valor did. He later joined the LOSH after being imprisoned in Phantom Zone for a thousand years, superman met him in the phantom zone when he and lois went to the krypton created by Brainiac 13.

His feats are still intact. Trapper recalls fighting Mon-El, Duo Damsel, Brainiac 5 and Rond Vidar at the end of time in LO3W.

http://i.imgur.com/xJiZPrW.jpg

As now all of the shenanigans in Legion continuity are because of Trapper's doings.

PRBEYONDER
BUMP

abhilegend
Still Mon-El

Pillow Biter
I feel that the Daxamite vs. Kryptonian balance in terms of power levels has varied over the years.
I'm interested in seeing the scans in Superman 675 that suggest Daxamites > Kryptonians. Of course, either way, that's one issue from 9 years ago.
Do most people feel Daxamites are currently, and on balance, stronger than Kryptonians?

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
1. Slugfest.

2. Standard Fight.

Who wins?
1. Mon-El every single time.
2. WW because of that retarded lasso.

Baziemarc123
When Has Mon El ever overpowered Diana? o.O

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
1. Mon-El every single time.
2. WW because of that retarded lasso.

1. What if Wonder Woman kicked him in the balls hard enough to send him into orbit? Wonder Woman is a much better fighter.

2. That lasso just snagged Supergirl, I can see her using it on Mon-El.

gunchar
WW both rounds and the second comfortably, current Mon-El isn't impressive at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.