The Phoenix Five vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
These 5 up against Galactus

If they need more power, they can be possessed with Dark Phoenix Force.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/149/3/0/phoenix_five__s3_ba7_entry__by_joshj81-d671fw9.jpg

Mr.SunKing
Galactus

maxivitopowe
Namor and Emma make a full costume

Magnon
Does the Phoenix Force pass on to the remaining P5 when one falls? If so, then the P5 wins.

First 5 x 1/5 phoenix, then 4 x 1/4 phoenix, and so on, until one full phoenix. Galactus would run out of energy eventually, and lose.

yaadaveyaa
galactus takes it i dont see any of them being able to actually take him down while has the ability to kill ne of them at ne time

Cogito
Galactus every damn time.

MF DELPH
With the F5 being split I wonder if Galactus could feed on an individual member like he did with Hyperstorm?

Sundipped
Originally posted by Magnon
Does the Phoenix Force pass on to the remaining P5 when one falls? If so, then the P5 wins.

First 5 x 1/5 phoenix, then 4 x 1/4 phoenix, and so on, until one full phoenix. Galactus would run out of energy eventually, and lose.

I have to agree here.
Galactus said it himself that he ran out of energy vs Rachel Phoenix. Rachel wasn't anywhere near tired.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/db37ce40-3b56-4011-bed3-5ec8c4abe027_zps2d2df1cf.jpg

Even though he was hungry at the time, the glimpses of the fight that were shown on panel indicate that he wasn't even able to harm a relatively calm Phoenix. Rachel was no selling attacks. In this fight Big G would ko 4 members and inevitably wind up facing the last member with the full Phoenix Force. With rage coursing through its veins, I'm siding with DP.

yaadaveyaa
is galactus able to stop eat a planet then go back to fighting them?

Tony Stark
It's hard to believe that so many people on this site either forgot or don't know that unless it is stated otherwise by the OP (Original Poster); ALL characters are to be not only the most CURRENT version of said character but, they are also to be at their FULL strength and that they will be fighting at the very BEST of their abilities.

That being said... Galan wins

Galan007
Originally posted by Sundipped
I have to agree here.
Galactus said it himself that he ran out of energy vs Rachel Phoenix. Rachel wasn't anywhere near tired.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/db37ce40-3b56-4011-bed3-5ec8c4abe027_zps2d2df1cf.jpg

Even though he was hungry at the time, the glimpses of the fight that were shown on panel indicate that he wasn't even able to harm a relatively calm Phoenix. Rachel was no selling attacks. In this fight Big G would ko 4 members and inevitably wind up facing the last member with the full Phoenix Force. With rage coursing through its veins, I'm siding with DP. Hungry is right. Before the battle even began, Galactus made these statements:

"I have need of sustenance."
http://imgur.com/aUt51TH

"I am weak--consumed by hunger."
http://imgur.com/G2Fosjv

ie. Using Rachel's showing against a hungry/weak Galactus as a means to gauge how the P5 would fare against a well-fed Galactus, isn't the most full-proof of logics. /shrug

Sundipped
^
Don't see why you reinterated me mentioning him being at low levels. I acknowledged that.

The thing is, this will wind up eventually being Galactus vs the Phoenix Force in one being. I brought up Rachel as a gauge because that was a one on one battle she had with him but the final member of the P5 was shown as DP (filled with rage) which would be a hell of a fight considering a weak Galactus basically couldn't even harm a calm Rachel. I have no problems with anyone thinking Galactus would win but if I had to bet, I'm placing my $ on the PF.

Galan007
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I disagree, though. smile

Cogito
What we saw was that the P5 did nothing Galactus couldn't have done 100x more easily.

Sundipped
^
True. Too bad they didn't have Scott face off against a cosmic or abstract but should we hold that against him and say he can't get the job done despite what the PF has done in a direct confrontation against (an albeit) weak Galactus in the past? Personally, I don't think that would be fair. It's not his fault he only faced fodder.

Branlor Swift
I like this set of scans as it shows the vast difference between a hungry Galactus and a fed one:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_12.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_13.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_15.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_17.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/brb_03_18.jpg

And him one shotting Phoenix members until they turn into the wholly unimpressive Dark Scott doesn't indicate an energy expense.

Mr.SunKing
^
Don't see why you reinterated me mentioning him being at low levels. I acknowledged that.

The thing is, this will wind up eventually being Galactus vs the Phoenix Force in one being. I brought up Rachel as a gauge because that was a one on one battle she had with him but the final member of the P5 was shown as DP (filled with rage) which would be a hell of a fight considering a weak Galactus basically couldn't even harm a calm Rachel. I have no problems with anyone thinking Galactus would win but if I had to bet, I'm placing my $ on the PF.
Just to put it out there, none of the Phoenix 5 were as skilled as Rachel. In all reality the way Dark Phoenix Scott went down, I don't see Rachel going down in a similar manner at all.

They don't have the necessary skill or experience to take down someone of G's tier.

we've already seen that in Endsong Emma was incapable of containing the Phoenix Force.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
Just to put it out there, none of the Phoenix 5 were as skilled as Rachel. In all reality the way Dark Phoenix Scott went down, I don't see Rachel going down in a similar manner at all.

They don't have the necessary skill or experience to take down someone of G's tier.

we've already seen that in Endsong Emma was incapable of containing the Phoenix Force.

And what extra abilities or skills would they need? Rachel flew around and shot energy projection. Anyone on this team is capable of that + they were granted extra abilities like tp, tk, enhanced durability, strength, flight and molecular control. I don't see what more you could add. They weren't show to have any difficulty exhibiting their powers so why does there have to be a certain skill level?

Scott went down due to seeing a vision of Jean....he wasn't taken down by force but he did lose his focus for a minute. I would presume the events during that little intermission wouldn't apply here.

Emma had no problems containing it in AvX. She exhibited astral projection, of course tp, and sub atomic control with no problems so I don't see what her being "incapable" in Endsong has to do with this.

zopzop
I think Mr. Sunking has a point. Sinister himself called the P5 substandard hosts that's why the Force went into his Madelyn clones.

If this was the Classic PF wielded by a worthy host (Jean, Giraud, Necrom, a non holding back Rachel), I don't see Galactus winning.

Galactus vs the P5 is spite against those losers.

Mr.SunKing
And what extra abilities or skills would they need? Rachel flew around and shot energy projection. Anyone on this team is capable of that + they were granted extra abilities like tp, tk, enhanced durability, strength, flight and molecular control. I don't see what more you could add. They weren't show to have any difficulty exhibiting their powers so why does there have to be a certain skill level?

Scott went down due to seeing a vision of Jean....he wasn't taken down by force but he did lose his focus for a minute. I would presume the events during that little intermission wouldn't apply here.

Emma had no problems containing it in AvX. She exhibited astral projection, of course tp, and sub atomic control with no problems so I don't see what her being "incapable" in Endsong has to do with this.
What's the point of wielding all of that power when you lack the skill to do wield it efficiently?

Sure they've demonstrated astral projection, molecular control ect. But in all honestly it was more or less another repetition of Cable's burnt offerings showings (barring a few of the P5's other higher showings)

There's a firm difference between a skilled user vs someone who isn't.

We've seen competent IG wielders, and incompetent IG wielders and there's a vast difference.

Furthermore Emma only controlled a fraction of the force during AvX. Moreover as zopzop stated, they were called "substandard host" by Sinister himself.

Sundipped
Originally posted by zopzop
I think Mr. Sunking has a point. Sinister himself called the P5 substandard hosts that's why the Force went into his Madelyn clones.

If this was the Classic PF wielded by a worthy host (Jean, Giraud, Necrom, a non holding back Rachel), I don't see Galactus winning.

Galactus vs the P5 is spite against those losers.

Oh are we really going off Sinisters words?
The same Sinister who was told by the P5 that mere science would/did fail?

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/af6a73c8-817d-4d64-a3d2-0ffe9690f2c0_zps6c38dfda.jpg

So much for substandard.

So Galactus vs one member of the Phoenix, which is what it will come down to, is spite but you'll give any other version (3 who aren't even DP) the win? Think about what you're saying here.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Mr.SunKing
What's the point of wielding all of that power when you lack the skill to do wield it efficiently?

Sure they've demonstrated astral projection, molecular control ect. But in all honestly it was more or less another repetition of Cable's burnt offerings showings (barring a few of the P5's other higher showings)

There's a firm difference between a skilled user vs someone who isn't.

We've seen competent IG wielders, and incompetent IG wielders and there's a vast difference.

Furthermore Emma only controlled a fraction of the force during AvX. Moreover as zopzop stated, they were called "substandard host" by Sinister himself.

Where do you see a lapse of skill? What abilities would they need to hone just to face Galactus? You keep throwing the phrase "they lack the skill" around but you're not giving me any specifics as to what you feel is necessary. This is now my second time asking. In AvX they were automatically bestowed with diverse powers + augmentation of existing ones. Illyana even stated she acquired senses that were unexplainable vs Rogue and Binary.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/9ec8dbd7-5e8a-47aa-94d2-430f6a488bba_zps313c39dc.jpg

Once again, what department is lacking and where's the lack of skill implicated?

Your original claim was that Emma was incapable in reference to a irrelevant arc. Now you're jumping to "well she only had a portion". I'm guessing you're saying since she only had a portion, that there's no way she could control the whole but that's only speculation. Emma was simultaneously demonstrating astral projection while holding back in her physical form vs the X men and Avengers with half of the power of the PF. How's that for control?

ODG

Emma had no problems containing it in AvX. She exhibited astral projection, of course tp, and sub atomic control with no problems so I don't see what her being "incapable" in Endsong has to do with this. Pretty sure that Scott and Emma were being pushed to the brink of defeat by the combined Avengers/X-Men forces. It's why Scott betrayed Emma to conglomerate and unify the power.

Sundipped
^
Really? Pushed to the brink? Even after it was stated on panel that they were holding back? Come on, you know better than that.

Anyway, the reason for unification was to prep for Hope who's power was coming to fruition, evidenced by her ability to one shot Scott to the moon.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b571/superior100/b6d9e944-7247-4abb-b8df-542687de332f_zps583f01f2.jpg

ODG
^
Really? Pushed to the brink? Even after it was stated on panel that they were holding back? Come on, you know better than that. I know enough that Emma stated outright that the battle was going terribly and that Scott was desperate enough to completely betray the woman he loved and stealing Emma's power to unify the Phoenixforce.

Sundipped
Originally posted by ODG
I know enough that Emma stated outright that the battle was going terribly and that Scott was desperate enough to completely betray the woman he loved and stealing Emma's power to unify the Phoenixforce.

Going terribly because they were holding back essentially sparing Xavier and crew. Emma commented that they should really just incinerate everyone and leave ashes in their wake which no doubt could've been done save maybe Hope. You seem to imply that Scott was desperate and needed more power just to best that team of X men and Avengers but he didn't.

ODG
Going terribly because they were holding back essentially sparing Xavier and crew. Emma commented that they should really just incinerate everyone and leave ashes in their wake which no doubt could've been done save maybe Hope. You seem to imply that Scott was desperate and needed more power just to best that team of X men and Avengers but he didn't. Scott did kill Xavier you know. And it really did look like he couldn't put Xavier down without the boost from Emma since he was being attacked by the entirety of the X-Men/Avengers. But, ok, there's an argument that Scott and Emma held back because they feared going too far and be subsumed by their power. If we take that for granted as true, isn't it also arguable that would apply here in this thread against Galactus? Originally posted by MF DELPH
With the F5 being split I wonder if Galactus could feed on an individual member like he did with Hyperstorm? mhmm

leonidas
haven't we been shown what happens if g tries to consume some of the pf? ultimately, it would be self-defeating, no? with cis on, i don't think g would resort to that, even if he were able to...

Sundipped
Originally posted by ODG
Scott did kill Xavier you know. And it really did look like he couldn't put Xavier down without the boost from Emma since he was being attacked by the entirety of the X-Men/Avengers. But, ok, there's an argument that Scott and Emma held back because they feared going too far and be subsumed by their power. If we take that for granted as true, isn't it also arguable that would apply here in this thread against Galactus?

Yeah Scott killed Xavier after taking Emma's power...taking the power was imminent according to plan. Scott held back for as long as he could tolerate then finally, Xavier was informed of his last chance by Scott just before he stole the power indicating that playtime was over. With the treat of anti - Phoenix Wanda on the battlefield with Hope, why postpone your plans any longer? No it wouldn't apply. Galactus would be facing the last member of the P5 in DP. To add, the DP in this thread isn't facing anti - Phoenix Chaos magic and a more powerful mimic of those energies in Hope.

ODG
Yeah Scott killed Xavier after taking Emma's power...taking the power was imminent according to plan. Scott held back for as long as he could tolerate then finally, Xavier was informed of his last chance by Scott just before he stole the power indicating that playtime was over. With the treat of anti - Phoenix Wanda on the battlefield with Hope, why postpone your plans any longer? If Scott really did just hold back and only took Emma's power to deal with Scott/Hope, then Scott didn't need to take Emma's power before dealing with Xavier, killing him outright. What I'm suggesting is, Xavier's assault + Avengers/X-Men was a hurdle he couldn't overcome without taking Emma's half of the Phoenixforce. And I'm suggesting it, because that's kinda what he was portrayed as doing. Anyway, this is all rather academic. We both have arguments. So agree to disagree. Originally posted by Sundipped
No it wouldn't apply. Galactus would be facing the last member of the P5 in DP. To add, the DP in this thread isn't facing anti - Phoenix Chaos magic and a more powerful mimic of those energies in Hope. It strikes me that Galactus isn't limited to taking them out utterly one by one. Now that I can think of it, they can be KTFO without the power passing on to others. Like the P5 were against Sinister. Like P2 Scott was against Hope.

In any event, I haven't thought about a Dark Phoenix vs Galactus fight in a long time. And don't care to. Was more interested in the P5 vs Galactus.

Sundipped
Originally posted by ODG
If Scott really did just hold back and only took Emma's power to deal with Scott/Hope, then Scott didn't need to take Emma's power before dealing with Xavier, killing him outright. What I'm suggesting is, Xavier's assault + Avengers/X-Men was a hurdle he couldn't overcome without taking Emma's half of the Phoenixforce. And I'm suggesting it, because that's kinda what he was portrayed as doing. Anyway, this is all rather academic. We both have arguments. So agree to disagree.

The thing is, he didn't want to kill Charles or anyone else outright. After a while, he simply got fed up and decided to proceed with his original plan but like you said we'll drop that argument.

Originally posted by ODG
It strikes me that Galactus isn't limited to taking them out utterly one by one. Now that I can think of it, they can be KTFO without the power passing on to others. Like the P5 were against Sinister. Like P2 Scott was against Hope.

In the Sinister case, the plot was intended for the power to be siphoned into the Madelyn clones which played a key role in the story. Kinda hard for it to play out the way the writer intended if all the power flowed into one being there and that being sh!it stomped Sinister & clones with ease. With Scott, it's possible the distance gap was a factor and another member has to be in the immediate vicinity.

Originally posted by ODG
In any event, I haven't thought about a Dark Phoenix vs Galactus fight in a long time. And don't care to. Was more interested in the P5 vs Galactus.

Originally posted by Supra
If they need more power, they can be possessed with Dark Phoenix Force.

^ However, I'm only applying this to a sole member because only one was shown to possess the total power on panel.

ODG
^ Seems to me that only one member could go Dark Phoenix anyway based on AvX.

And while I agree on the Sinister absorption/manipulation thing, I'm just saying that the P5 can be KTFO without their portion necessarily passing on. P2 Scott took hours to recover from his beating on the Moon. P5 Magik was also KTFO by Wanda early on.

basilisk
Originally posted by Magnon

I guess Galactus could just one-shot all the weaker individual P5 members simultaneously. Then it's 5 x unconscious P5s. I don't know what happens to the PF in that situation.

8swords
Originally posted by basilisk
I guess Galactus could just one-shot all the weaker individual P5 members simultaneously. Then it's 5 x unconscious P5s. I don't know what happens to the PF in that situation.

yeah, what would happen if galactus simultaneously beat the p5? does the PF go away from them all together? the PF chooses the more disturb of the P5 to be the DP? or does the PF go away and finds a newer/better host?

DarkSaint85
Well, when Sinister knocked them out....nothing happened.

basilisk
So I guess Galactus simultaneously KOs/kills the weaker individual forms with a single one-shot blast and then... that's it.

Sundipped
Originally posted by ODG
^ Seems to me that only one member could go Dark Phoenix anyway based on AvX.

And while I agree on the Sinister absorption/manipulation thing, I'm just saying that the P5 can be KTFO without their portion necessarily passing on. P2 Scott took hours to recover from his beating on the Moon. P5 Magik was also KTFO by Wanda early on.

Fair enough I suppose. Perhaps Scott was too far away. I don't think P5 Magik was koed. Almost but not quite because we see evidence of consciousness through a speech bubble when she responds to her name being called by Emma.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12643580_AvX-Zone-_007.jpg

Originally posted by 8swords
yeah, what would happen if galactus simultaneously beat the p5? does the PF go away from them all together? the PF chooses the more disturb of the P5 to be the DP? or does the PF go away and finds a newer/better host?

If it were to go down like that then it would be the PF entity with no host left and I think it would go look for an immediate host.

8swords

If it were to go down like that then it would be the PF entity with no host left and I think it would go look for an immediate host.

then galactus has a chance of beating them if he goes out killing them all at once.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.