Thor 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
With news, comes thread. big grin

Phase 3 is under way. Craig Kyle & Christopher Yost are writing the third installment.

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/marvel-taps-craig-kyle-co-write-thor-3-002556067.html

Newjak
I'm hoping for Surtur to be the main villain.

Badabing
This should be a Volstagg movie. sneer

roughrider
Originally posted by Badabing
This should be a Volstagg movie. sneer

Personally, I'd like a Warriors Three and Lady Sif spinoff, but that would likely be more comedic and happen in the form of an Agents Of SHIELD episode or a Marvel One Shot short film.

Badabing
Originally posted by roughrider
Personally, I'd like a Warriors Three and Lady Sif spinoff, but that would likely be more comedic and happen in the form of an Agents Of SHIELD episode or a Marvel One Shot short film. thumb up

Now I'm curious to what Thor 3 will be about.

ares834
Originally posted by Newjak
I'm hoping for Surtur to be the main villain.

Same, but it will probably be Loki... Again.

BruceSkywalker
Surtur, Beta Ray Bill, Amora and Skurge

then save Ragnarok for Thor 4 big grin

roughrider
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Surtur, Beta Ray Bill, Amora and Skurge

then save Ragnarok for Thor 4 big grin

That sounds about right. Surtur would be the biggest single enemy in the Asgardian dimension. And it would help explain BRB's origin and purpose in the story, same way it happened in the comics.

quanchi112
Thor definitely outshines Superman on the big screen.

Firefly218
Just take my money Marvel

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
thumb up

Now I'm curious to what Thor 3 will be about.

Same. I really liked Thor 2, and am looking forward to getting it at home to watch again.

Thor is probably my favourite Marvel movie series by this point, so fingers crossed they keep at it. Just worried about the writers, tbh. Kyle and Yost are guys I've never really trusted.

Tzeentch
Wait. Phase 2 only had two movies in it.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Wait. Phase 2 only had two movies in it.

Phase 2 has Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2, The Avengers 2

BruceSkywalker
That sounds about right. Surtur would be the biggest single enemy in the Asgardian dimension. And it would help explain BRB's origin and purpose in the story, same way it happened in the comics.

definitely

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Firefly218
Phase 2 has Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2, The Avengers 2

And Guardians of the Galaxy.

Firefly218

roughrider
^That list missed Desak.

Whoever they go with, I would prefer it was foes with a mystic, mythological background. Absorbing Man and The Wrecking Crew are more like pumped-up Spider Man villains, and Zarkko was an attempt to give Thor a Lex Luthor-like adversary.

Tzeentch
Phase 2 has Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2, The Avengers 2 Ahhhhh, I see.

Kazenji
Smh at Quan....was not needed

Originally posted by -Pr-

Just worried about the writers, tbh. Kyle and Yost are guys I've never really trusted.

I thought they did quite well when they wrote the X-Force book

from the sounds of things they suck when it comes to animation.

roughrider
I'm sure the inevitable rewrite by another writer (plus a punch up by Joss Whedon) will take place before the script gets filmed.

BruceSkywalker
I'm sure the inevitable rewrite by another writer (plus a punch up by Joss Whedon) will take place before the script gets filmed.

at least it will come out on time stick out tongue

roughrider
at least it will come out on time stick out tongue

Yes. I'm guessing 2016; we'll see whether Marvel wants Dr. Strange to come out first, or vice versa.

Anyone notice in the original article I posted, about how they are already negotiating with the Russo brothers to return for another Captain America film? They must be very high on their work on The Winter Solider (which does look awesome; almost Nolan-esque.)

BruceSkywalker
Yes. I'm guessing 2016; we'll see whether Marvel wants Dr. Strange to come out first, or vice versa.

Anyone notice in the original article I posted, about how they are already negotiating with the Russo brothers to return for another Captain America film? They must be very high on their work on The Winter Solider (which does look awesome; almost Nolan-esque.)

I did .. I think Marvel knows they have a success in Captain America: Winter Soldier

Firefly218
Thor 3 is officially Ragnarok, with Loki returning.

http://t.co/bcrDTPfrZW

roughrider

That will mean Surtur! Happy Dance

Firefly218
That will mean Surtur! Happy Dance

Yup thumb up

Golgo13
Hope it's better than the first two. lol

One_Angry_Scot
Ah awesome. Can't wait to see Surtur if it happens. Always loved Thor.

roughrider
Originally posted by Golgo13
Hope it's better than the first two. lol

Yes, thank you for the requisite DC fanboy trolling. Wouldn't be KMC without it. stick out tongue

Golgo13
Yes, thank you for the requisite DC fanboy trolling. Wouldn't be KMC without it. stick out tongue

I've already expressed my thoughts on the Thor films. Mediocre at best, IMO. Out of the 10 movies Marvel Studios has done, I've liked 5. Including GOTG, which I said was the best movie of the year so far. Along with Apes. So, shut it with the trolling.

Insane Titan
Typical Golgo Bias DC crap, go wank at how mediocre MOS was.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Typical Golgo Bias DC crap, go wank at how mediocre MOS was.

No.

BruceSkywalker

It will be good

DARTH POWER
This better be damn good! Speaking as a Thor fan, I loved the first but am proper disappointed the sequel was no where close to the caliber of CA2 and GOTG.

But it's good it's in 2017, and it's Ragnarok. Gives them time and potential to hit the spot!

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
This better be damn good! Speaking as a Thor fan, I loved the first but am proper disappointed the sequel was no where close to the caliber of CA2 and GOTG.

But it's good it's in 2017, and it's Ragnarok. Gives them time and potential to hit the spot!

Two suffered from villain with barely any screen time and the lack of the Warriors 3/Sif. They should have just cut out Natalie's crew and featured more Warriors 3 and Sif in the final battle. The first film was a great though.

Femi32
I'd have to agree with Golgo13. I found both Thor movies lacking. Not bad, but I wanted more from both of them. Let's hope they get it right this time.

roughrider
They had trouble sticking with a director for the second one. Will be curious who they bring on for the next one. Alan Taylor is already busy with this Terminator reboot.

Paging Kenneth Branagh...?

CPT Space Bomb
I can't wait for Thor 3. This should be an epic movie. I just hope they don't drown it in comedy like the second film. The second film COULD have been great, but just got drowned out with the humor.

Surtur will probably be the big bad going off the name alone....we'll see

Damborgson
Its hard for Thor to truly shine when they gimp him by forcing him to be in contact with the unecesarry humans. Darcy can blow up.

Khazra Reborn
I hope they do something way more in line with the comics, or Norse myths. I absolutely can't stand how out of their way Marvel has gone to say that the Asgardians are aliens, and not gods. Seriously, phuck that shit.

roughrider
Possible Thor vs. Thanos fight coming in Thor: Ragnarok?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Thor-Fighting-Thanos-Ragnarok-71853.html

If Odin is alive, I'd like to see him versus the big purple guy.

DARTH POWER
^ Oh Yeah... That's more like it! Bring it on

Would love it if Thor took on Thanos (is obviously losing the fight, but will show all his abilities and why he's still the most powerful of the Avengers), but then have Odin come back to put Thanos in his place, and prove he's actually the most powerful being in the Galaxy.

I also like the sounds of it completely changing the setting of the MCU. That's what Captain America TWS did.

JayDaDon
I hope Thor 3 ends up being amazing so each of the big 3 can get atleast one amazing film. Well lets be honest, Cap is likely to get 2 amazing films.

DARTH POWER
^ Yeah but to be fair Cap3 will be more like Avengers 2.5.

But I'll be happy with the Thor series of Thor 3 kicks ass. After all Thor1 was pretty damn good, and really helped build up the Mcu in Phase 1.

Firefly218
Thor 2 was really fun. I loved it tbh.

BruceSkywalker
hmmmm having thor and thanos fight would be good because then for Infinity War Thor wil have knowledge of how to hopefully defeat thanos

Firefly218
Thor should look like a powerful badass when fighting Thanos and he should get squashed and stomped on.

DARTH POWER
And then Odin should show up putting Thanos in his place.

ares834
God no. The last thing I want to see them do is have their big bad bested by a side character.

Hopefully, Thanos doesn't even have a big role in this film. It should be Surtur instead.

BruceSkywalker
Thor should look like a powerful badass when fighting Thanos and he should get squashed and stomped on.

And then Odin should show up putting Thanos in his place.

but it wouldn't make sense then for Thanos to kick everybodies ass in Infiinity War, pt. 1...

If indeed Thanos is in Thor: Ragnarok then he has to be the badassery character he is in the comics

Originally posted by ares834

Hopefully, Thanos doesn't even have a big role in this film. It should be Surtur instead.

I would love to see Surtur in this.. Balder the Brave too, maybe even Beta Ray Bill..

DARTH POWER
God no. The last thing I want to see them do is have their big bad bested by a side character.

But it's Odin erm

And they've not done nearly enough yet to show how powerful Odin is/should be in the MCU.

Besides having the 2 most Powerful beings go up against each other is kind of a must at some point Imo.

I'd be fine even with a stalemate tbh. Although Odin should be seen as the slight better Imho.

Firefly218
But it's Odin erm

And they've not done nearly enough yet to show how powerful Odin is/should be in the MCU.

Besides having the 2 most Powerful beings go up against each other is kind of a must at some point Imo.

I'd be fine even with a stalemate tbh. Although Odin should be seen as the slight better Imho. what would be cool is if Odin came back to rescue Thor from getting his ass kicked by Thanos. In this face off Odin would barely defeat Thanos. Then when Odin lets his guard down a little, he gets tricked and killed by Thanos. This establishes Odin's power and gives him a proper send off, and establishes Thanos's power and evilness.

DARTH POWER
^ Yeah I'd be down with something like that. Because it'd also eliminate the issue of "Why doesn't Thor just get Odin to deal with the new Invincible foe" for future films

ares834
But it's Odin erm

I'd be fine even with a stalemate tbh. Although Odin should be seen as the slight better Imho.

I don't care if "it's Odin". In the films, Odin is a side character. Having him defeat Thanos in a fight ruins some of his credibility as a villain.

JayDaDon
Odin should definitely get a massive show of power though. I bet the general audience just thinks he's some old dude and don't even know the absurd power he has.

DARTH POWER
I don't care if "it's Odin". In the films, Odin is a side character. Having him defeat Thanos in a fight ruins some of his credibility as a villain.

Not really. He would stomp any villain they've taken on so far. Even those in the Thor films.

And like I said I'd be happy with a stalemate (one in which Odin looks a bit superior).

JayDaDon's right. Movie Odin needs an epic display of power. If he dies after such a display I'd be down with that. But it's silly that someone whose clearly more Powerful than the Avengers, whose charged with ruling protected all the realms , just keeps sitting on his throne on the sidelines like he's kind of useless.

KCJ506
I hope this one will have Amora and Skurge. I've wanted them for these films ever since before the first movie came out. I'll be very disappointed if they get left out a third time.

Insane Titan
Why should movie Odin beat movie Thanos! They dont have to base their power lvl on comic.

If Thanos does show in Thor 3, it makes sense for him to seem unstoppable , which in turn makes the heroes plight more hopeless for infinity war 1/2. It will make the heroes eventual victory more epic.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Why should movie Odin beat movie Thanos! They dont have to base their power lvl on comic.

If Thanos does show in Thor 3, it makes sense for him to seem unstoppable , which in turn makes the heroes plight more hopeless for infinity war 1/2. It will make the heroes eventual victory more epic.

It will be the same if Odin looks slightly superior to Thanos, but then somehow gets killed by him. In fact that would add a lot more to their final confrontation.

Like I said, Odin would stomp any other villain seen in the MCU so far. But he just sits on the sidelines and doesn't take them on.

With someone as big a threat as Thanos, Odin needs to get off his royal butt that's for sure. And even giving Odin hell in a fight, but being his slight inferior, would take nothing away from Thanos at all. In fact it would just reinforce the idea that this guy is way above and beyond the Avengers. Because Odin is.

roughrider
I agree that Odin should be shown to be superior to Thanos without the IG, but wouldn't have a problem with him getting a heroic death in the closing act. I want Thanos to be intelligent about the Asgardians, knowing he shouldn't invade there unless the scales can be tipped in his favour \(which is how Surtur gets involved.) The by Infinity War I, Thor is the one who must protect his people without Odin and finally embraces the mantle of King.

Firefly218
I agree that Odin should be shown to be superior to Thanos without the IG, but wouldn't have a problem with him getting a heroic death in the closing act. I want Thanos to be intelligent about the Asgardians, knowing he shouldn't invade there unless the scales can be tipped in his favour \(which is how Surtur gets involved.) The by Infinity War I, Thor is the one who must protect his people without Odin and finally embraces the mantle of King.

thumb up

That's perfect

DARTH POWER

^Yeah something like that would be great. And makes sense. If Thanos could take Odin without Infinity Stones, then he would have invaded Asgard long ago.

thumb up

Firefly218
I don't know about Anthony Hopkins coming back though. I really hope he does, but it's looking unlikely. Marvel could technically force him back, but that's not the best way to elicit a good performance.

DARTH POWER
I don't know about Anthony Hopkins coming back though. I really hope he does, but it's looking unlikely. Marvel could technically force him back, but that's not the best way to elicit a good performance.

Why? Has he said something negative?

KCJ506
Awhile back Hopkins stated this in regards to Thor 3

DARTH POWER
^ Well that's disappointing.

Kazenji
Rumor: Marvel may want Kenneth Branagh to direct Thor: Ragnarok

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/rumor-marvel-may-want-kenneth-branagh-to-direct-thor-ragnarok-283

Firefly218
Originally posted by Kazenji
Rumor: Marvel may want Kenneth Branagh to direct Thor: Ragnarok

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/rumor-marvel-may-want-kenneth-branagh-to-direct-thor-ragnarok-283
He's already slated to direct the Orient Express remake, which should effectively disqualify him from directing Thor 3.

roughrider
Branagh has just been given at offer to direct Murder On The Orient Express for Fox; he hasn't accepted yet. He could be in the running.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Apparently-Marvel-Really-Really-Liked-How-Thor-1-Turned-Out-72133.html

Darth Thor
I hope he comes back. Thor1 is still one of Marvel's best movies Imo.

roughrider
I thought Branagh not returning to the second film was part of his desire not to be part of a franchise, that he likes to do something new and move on. But Marvel Studios has shown to be a bit controlling as things go on, which isn't really auteur friendly, so the truth is complicated. I enjoyed the subtle extra touches to the look of Asgard in The Dark World - Alan Taylor deserves some credit - but it wasn't quite up to the calibre of the first film.

Darth Thor
But Marvel Studios has shown to be a bit controlling as things go on, which isn't really auteur friendly, so the truth is complicated.

That would explain why with the exception of TWS all the Marvel sequels have been a step down from the Originals.

TWS however was a massive step up. And I also have a feeling GOTG 2 will Rock as much as the first.

roughrider
It didn't look good when Edgar Wright quit Ant-Man last year, right on the verge of principal photography, after so may years of work. A disconnect happened, where his desire to make the film he wanted wasn't lining up with the established MCU and the overall narrative the films are dedicated to. But GOTG and Daredevil on Netflix has shown how auteur friendly and boundary pushing Marvel Studios can be.

I'm not that impatient on the naming of a director for Thor: Ragnarok, as they are over a year away from shooting. But if Branagh is back in the fold, I would be anxious to have that settled.

Firefly218
I never fell in love with the first Thor film, I thought it was pretty good. Nonetheless, Branagh is uber talented

Kazenji
Alan Taylor Recalls "Wrenching" Experience Marking THOR: THE DARK WORLD For Marvel

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=122276

roughrider
^Considering the terrible reviews for Terminator: Genisys, Taylor shouldn't throw stones. It would seem his collaborators at Marvel know better than he does. And he's now getting to direct more features instead of TV, thanks to them.

Kazenji
I don't really give a shit about the reviews for Terminator: Genisys, Still gonna check it out and form my own opinion of it

as for Alan Taylor discussing his Experience on Thor 2 doesn't surprise me with Marvel stepping in making their own changes, Its happen with other movies in their MCU.

Darth Thor
Whether T5 is good or not, Thor TDW was a big step down from the first one which was Epic IMO. So when Kenneth Branagh had no issue dealing with Marvel I don't know why Alan Taylor had issues.

Kazenji
If you read in that link he mentions in post production it turned into a different movie

Marvel needs to stop interfering in post and leave the movies as it is.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Whether T5 is good or not, Thor TDW was a big step down from the first one which was Epic IMO. So when Kenneth Branagh had no issue dealing with Marvel I don't know why Alan Taylor had issues. laughing out loud

Zack M
Whether T5 is good or not, Thor TDW was a big step down from the first one which was Epic IMO. So when Kenneth Branagh had no issue dealing with Marvel I don't know why Alan Taylor had issues.

Supposedly, Kenneth had creative differences with Marvel, which is why he didn't return for Thor 2 and definitely not Thor 3.

http://screenrant.com/marvel-thor-2-directors-patty-jenkins-branagh-rob-142991/

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Kenneth-Branagh-Definitely-Coming-Back-Thor-3-72328.html

Zack M
If you read in that link he mentions in post production it turned into a different movie

Marvel needs to stop interfering in post and leave the movies as it is.

That's why Iron Man 2 sucked so much.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Zack M
That's why Iron Man 2 sucked so much.

I didn't feel it sucked

sure it could'eve been better but didn't suck.

Darth Thor
I didn't feel it sucked

sure it could'eve been better but didn't suck.

Yeah I preferred IM2 to IM3.

It's main issue was it was a big step down from the first, so high expectations for a mediocre movie. But it had it's fun moments for sure.

StiltmanFTW

Every sane person did.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack M
That's why Iron Man 2 sucked so much. Iyo not mine.

JayDaDon

Me too

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Every sane person did.

Agreed.

Kazenji
Civil War will contain hints for Thor 3; Lady Sif to have pivotal role

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/civil-war-will-contain-hints-for-thor-3-lady-sif-to-have-pivotal-role-954

Darth Thor
Good. They should have a continuous build up to Thor 3 until it comes out. Much like Civil War. It should have that kind of scope and importance attached to it.

roughrider
Civil War will contain hints for Thor 3; Lady Sif to have pivotal role

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/civil-war-will-contain-hints-for-thor-3-lady-sif-to-have-pivotal-role-954

Luv me more Jamie Alexander. love

Tzeentch
This is good news.

Hopefully "pivotal role" doesn't just mean "Thor's new waifu after Natalie Portman gets written out of the series".

ares834
She was absolutely terrible in AoS. Prior to seeing those episodes I was hoping to see more of her in the Thor films but after watching them.... Let's just say I hope she is a far better actress than those episodes suggested.

Kazenji
Didn't think she was that bad in those few episodes for AoS.

Firefly218
She was absolutely terrible in AoS. Prior to seeing those episodes I was hoping to see more of her in the Thor films but after watching them.... Let's just say I hope she is a far better actress than those episodes suggested.

???

She wasn't bad in AoS. Maybe the dialogue and direction wasn't top notch, but her acting was just fine.

ares834
Suffice to say, I completely disagree.

Kazenji
Yeah well that's like your opinion.

Darth Thor
Huh? Jamie Alexander stood out in the Thor films despite being written as a background character in the first film. That's all down to her portrayal of the character Imo.

I don't remember her being particularly bad in AOS, just remember the typical bad dialogue and direction we get in AOS.

JayDaDon
I thought Jamie did fine of AOS. Pretty much keeping with the theme and quality of the show.

Zack M
Did Jamie have any cool parts in Thor? Can't even remember.

Inhuman
She had some cool parts at the Thor premier

http://i.imgur.com/KGUCZjP.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i.imgur.com/v9gI0Kp.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/cc617cb9e28b61217b50ddcabdab52d5/tumblr_inline_mvtfvlm80K1qljnrl.jpg

Darth Thor
^ Damn!

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Inhuman
She had some cool parts at the Thor premier

roughrider
A fascinating hire for Thor: Ragnarok.

http://news.yahoo.com/marvels-surprising-director-choice-for-thor-222410431.html

Kazenji
Should see the idiots on the Superherohype.com comments, People thinking he made the Green Lantern movie.

roughrider
Should see the idiots on the Superherohype.com comments, People thinking he made the Green Lantern movie.

As a co-star in Green Lantern, maybe he benefited by watching what NOT to do with a superhero film; much like Jon Favreau may have, being a co-star in Ben Affleck's Daredevil and later directing Iron Man. wink

Kazenji
thumb up

Lets hope it works out that way.

Jury
Waititi style

roughrider
thumb up

Lets hope it works out that way.

You just have to trust Marvel Studios. They've been right every time they pulled a director from an unlikely place and put them in charge of a big FX-laded blockbuster. They have a machine going, and the directors are just there to keep the machine running smoothly, in the name of the bigger universe.

Darth Thor
You just have to trust Marvel Studios. They've been right every time they pulled a director from an unlikely place and put them in charge of a big FX-laded blockbuster. They have a machine going, and the directors are just there to keep the machine running smoothly, in the name of the bigger universe.

Meh didn't like what Alan Taylor did with TDW.

I really want them to kill it with this one. This needs to be TWS of the Thor films.

ares834
A fascinating hire for Thor: Ragnarok.

http://news.yahoo.com/marvels-surprising-director-choice-for-thor-222410431.html

Ugh. Not a fan.

Seems they may be trying to go for a comedic film.

roughrider
Ugh. Not a fan.

Seems they may be trying to go for a comedic film.

That's what I wondered after they hired Joe & Anthony Russo to direct Captain America: The Winter Soldier, because they had nothing but comedies on their resumes. But they proved doubters like me wrong - way wrong.

Rumours that Hulk may team up with Thor in this, and we'll get some aspects of the Planet Hulk storyline...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/355481-will-the-god-of-thunder-and-the-hulk-team-up-in-thor-ragnarok

ares834
Interesting. However, I'd much rather just get a good over-the-top fantasy film like in Simonson's or Aaron's run.

Kazenji
A report saying Marvel didn't like Christopher Yost and Craig Kyle's "Thor: Ragnarok" script because it was too dark...... no expression

what the hell Marvel

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rumor-thor-ragnarok-to-introduce-the-valkyries-take-a-dark-turn

ares834
Well, I guess it depends on what they mean by "too dark". If it's TDK level, yeah I may agree depending on the story.

Henry_Pym
So what do we think of the Hulk rumors?

Kazenji
Not really rumors, Its been confirmed its happening

Well, I guess it depends on what they mean by "too dark". If it's TDK level, yeah I may agree depending on the story.

if its not the TDK level, Then its rather stupid to dump their script considering its titled 'Raganarok'

Henry_Pym
Has it? First party confirmation?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Has it? First party confirmation?

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-mark-ruffalos-hulk-will-return-in-thor-ragnarok-333

Henry_Pym
Citing an unnamed source isn't confirmation, but I hope it's true

StiltmanFTW
Ragnarok should be dark, agreed with Kaz.

I liked 1 & 2, hopefully won't get disappointed with 3.

ozz81
http://www.therealstanlee.com/hulk-and-thor-5eva/2/

what you reckon ?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Citing an unnamed source isn't confirmation, but I hope it's true

Did you bother to read whats in the link?

if not.....go ahead and don't believe it then i'm not going to twist your arm into believing it, Even tho its been confirmed.

Darth Thor
Should be cool. Thor and Hulk do have a great rivalry/team up dynamic.

Henry_Pym
Did you bother to read whats in the link?

if not.....go ahead and don't believe it then i'm not going to twist your arm into believing it, Even tho its been confirmed. do you mean Deadline reporting its confirmed? Thus still no first party confirmation (ie: Disney, Marvel, or a reputable cast member/crew)

I think it's probably true but it's not confirmed until then.

Kazenji
Keep living in denial then.....

Jury
Loki will control the Hulk to battle against the Asgardians.
The concept of Planet Hulk will be incorporated into the movie.
At the end both parties will battle against Surtur.

StiltmanFTW
I know some guys that were permabanned for not using spoiler tags.

joesha28
Well. Now that's Hulk is in, a few things Marvel should do.

1. Have comedy but let battles be serious.
2. A big big bad, gloves off, no hold bar fight between Thor and Hulk. Since it's off earth, it's better. The fight shld trill both fan base and not irk them. The fight fight make Man of steel's Superman- zod look like childsplay.
3. Surtur. Do him right. He should be scary. The moment we look at him, we should feel this is the end.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Jury
Loki will control the Hulk to battle against the Asgardians.
The concept of Planet Hulk will be incorporated into the movie.
At the end both parties will battle against Surtur.

lmao

Kazenji
The movie will be filming here in Australia.

Kazenji
A new screenwriter comes onboard, Stephany Folsom

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/thor-ragnarok-gets-new-screenwriter

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by joesha28
Well. Now that's Hulk is in, a few things Marvel should do.
1. Have comedy but let battles be serious.Agreed. But tone the comedy down and DON'T put comedy in the final fight....While I agree to some extent, I highly doubt Marvel is going to show Thor/Hulk how they should be portrayed. Marvel studios has really powered down their heroes to make them more believable to general audiences... It's worked out financially, but don't get your hopes up. Surtur...I'd be shocked if he is the main villain in this. I feel like it's too soon still. Mangog would be pretty awesome...but, meh. If Surtur is the villain they have alot of work to do in both the effects and story department...

ShadowFyre
lmao

He might not actually be far off. The fact that Hulk is there means they might really be trying to fit parts of the wwh storyline in there. Hulk really cant carry his own movie so it makes some sense.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
He might not actually be far off. The fact that Hulk is there means they might really be trying to fit parts of the wwh storyline in there. Hulk really cant carry his own movie so it makes some sense. It is weird isn't it...all the Hulk fans and yet his movies haven't been good. I feel sorry for Hulk. He really has yet to have a good movie...at least he's good in The Avengers. Ruffalo ftw.

roughrider
Cate Blanchett in talks to join the cast. Classy actress.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/cate-blanchett-thor-marvel-ragnarok-1201658846/

Who could she be playing?

BruceSkywalker
Cate Blanchett in talks to join the cast. Classy actress.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/cate-blanchett-thor-marvel-ragnarok-1201658846/

Who could she be playing?

hopefully Amora, the Enchantress

Darth Thor
hopefully Amora, the Enchantress

Nah Enchantress has to be absolutely stunning.

Bentley

Cate is hot.

My bet is on her being Hela though.

CPT Space Bomb
I personally have a vendetta against her after the Hobbit, so I'm biased. If they HAVE to cast her though, I'd prefer she be Hela. Definitely not young or hot enough to be Amora.

KCJ506
Hela seems like the immediate choice as Blanchett might be too old for roles like Amora. If Amora were to appear in Ragnarok(which I really hope she does), she's likely to be played by an actress that's closer to Hemsworth's age.

BruceSkywalker

well as long as Amora is in the film then I couldn't care less who is playing her stick out tongue

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by KCJ506
Hela seems like the immediate choice as Blanchett might be too old for roles like Amora. If Amora were to appear in Ragnarok(which I really hope she does), she's likely to be played by an actress that's closer to Hemsworth's age. thumb up

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
It is weird isn't it...all the Hulk fans and yet his movies haven't been good. I feel sorry for Hulk. He really has yet to have a good movie...at least he's good in The Avengers. Ruffalo ftw.

I didnt really dislike any of his solo movies. I just dont think hes a good character to portray in movies. I love hulk and thor dynamic. Hope they have a great fight at least without another clear winner. Or thor wins lol. Only way it needs to happen. I really feel lime Chris Yost has a fetish for Thor laying on his back getting pounded. Its really gay.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Or thor wins lol. Only way it needs to happen. I really feel lime Chris Yost has a fetish for Thor laying on his back getting pounded. Its really gay.

I don't know why Marvel has that jackass writing all the Thor movies, he's a notorious Thor hater. Have someone who respects the character, like Walt Simonson write them.

Kazenji
Or even get J michael straczynski back he was involved with the first movie.

Khazra Reborn
Yeah, or pretty much anyone other than Yost.

quanchi112
The Hulk and Thor idea is a really good one. Let's hope they capitalize.

Kazenji
There's news about Hela will be the Primary Antagonist.

ShadowFyre
Yeah. Its supposedbly Hela and Thor wont have Mjolnir. Her and Loki either break or take it somehow.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>