Captain America 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/28/captain-america-3-in-the-works-with-winter-soldier-directors-anthony-and-joe-russo-returning

Marvel is working fast to get Joe and Anthony Russo back for this one. Is that a sign of their confidence in Winter Soldier?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Firefly218
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/28/captain-america-3-in-the-works-with-winter-soldier-directors-anthony-and-joe-russo-returning

Marvel is working fast to get Joe and Anthony Russo back for this one. Is that a sign of their confidence in Winter Soldier?

I 'm not sure who should be in Cap 3 yet but will know after I see Cap 2.. yes its a very clear sign

Firefly218
Baron Strucker could be set as the cap 3 villain, considering his minor role in Age of Ultron

BruceSkywalker
thats entirely possible..

roughrider
Maybe we should be patient, as the second Cap film is still months away from release.

DARTH POWER
^ Only 2 months left now. That will fly by. I wasn't a fan of the first Cap. Although I liked how they were faithful to his origin. But now I'm really eager to see where they're going with this for the sequels. I want some epic action sequences this time!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ Only 2 months left now. That will fly by. I wasn't a fan of the first Cap. Although I liked how they were faithful to his origin. But now I'm really eager to see where they're going with this for the sequels. I want some epic action sequences this time!

this one seems like the Russo's watched The Dark Knight and then they took a lot from there to make Cap: Winter Soldier

Firefly218
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this one seems like the Russo's watched The Dark Knight and then they took a lot from there to make Cap: Winter Soldier

Lets hope so

DrDeadpool
I think there won't be any Captain America 3 it will be world war Hulk with Iron man and cap in it.

Firefly218
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
I think there won't be any Captain America 3 it will be world war Hulk with Iron man and cap in it.

I seriously doubt that. Marvel is bringing back the Russo brothers for another Cap movie.

roughrider
The film has a release date - May 6, 2016.

Right opposite Batman vs. Superman! eek!

http://collider.com/captain-america-3-release-date-may-6-2016/

http://www.slashfilm.com/marvel-batman-vs-superman/

Inhuman
Posted this in the supesVSbats thread

"I have a theory that Marvel has big plans for Cap3.

I'm thinking they are going to use Cap 3 to introduce Black Panther instead of giving him a solo movie . And include other characters as well. making it a mini avengers movie."

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by Inhuman
Posted this in the supesVSbats thread

"I have a theory that Marvel has big plans for Cap3.

I'm thinking they are going to use Cap 3 to introduce Black Panther instead of giving him a solo movie . And include other characters as well. making it a mini avengers movie."

I like it.

BruceSkywalker
expect the Winter Soldier to be in this... Sebastian Stan has a 9 picture deal..

http://www.newsarama.com/20568-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-s-sebastian-stan-his-9-picture-deal.html

Golgo13
Crossbones please!

Kazenji
Originally posted by Golgo13
Crossbones please!

He'll be in the second movie not sure about future appearances

also from what i hear it won't be anything violent, Like what you get in the comics for this first appearance something about him starting to become the character.

roughrider
Forbes backs Marvel & Disney in this standoff.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2014/03/14/batmansuperman-will-lose-showdown-with-captain-america-3/?partner=yahootix

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by roughrider
Forbes backs Marvel & Disney in this standoff.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2014/03/14/batmansuperman-will-lose-showdown-with-captain-america-3/?partner=yahootix

Great article. Thanks, Roughrider.

Kazenji
The writers hint at "pyschotic 1950s Cap"

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/winter-soldier-writers-hint-at-pyschotic-1950s-cap-for-captain-america-3

pym-ftw
expect the Winter Soldier to be in this... Sebastian Stan has a 9 picture deal..

http://www.newsarama.com/20568-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-s-sebastian-stan-his-9-picture-deal.html expect him to be in the rumored black widow movies.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by pym-ftw
expect him to be in the rumored black widow movies.

i was thinking that.. with a good story her film should be good

Kazenji
Originally posted by Kazenji
The writers hint at "pyschotic 1950s Cap"

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/winter-soldier-writers-hint-at-pyschotic-1950s-cap-for-captain-america-3

this guy i'm presuming

http://www.comicvine.com/grand-director/4005-14492/

Kazenji
Chris Evans to quit acting after his Marvel contract is finished, Wants to have a go at directing movies

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/chris-evans-to-quit-acting-move-to-directing-after-his-marvel-contract

DARTH POWER
Just saw this. Frigging awesome movie.

Edit- Was supposed to post that in the CA2 thread. Doh!

CPT Space Bomb
Most Speculation is that after Chris "retires", Sebastion Stan (Bucky) will take over the roll as Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Kazenji
Just saw this. Frigging awesome movie.

The movie is already out for you?

lucky bastard.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Most Speculation is that after Chris "retires", Sebastion Stan (Bucky) will take over the roll as Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

well it stands to reason that is what they'll do especially since Stan signed on for 9 films.. He could certainly make a good Cap

DARTH POWER
The movie is already out for you?

lucky bastard.

UK BABY!

BruceSkywalker
BREAKING NEWS.. ROBERT DOWNEY , JR JOINS CAPTAIN AMERICA 3..

https://variety.com/2014/film/news/robert-downey-jr-to-join-captain-america-3-exclusive-1201312229/

JayDaDon
I hope they don't plan on turning Cap 3 into Civil War or making that the focus point. That's actually the last thing I'd want.

roughrider
BREAKING NEWS.. ROBERT DOWNEY , JR JOINS CAPTAIN AMERICA 3..

https://variety.com/2014/film/news/robert-downey-jr-to-join-captain-america-3-exclusive-1201312229/

So the title basically will be Captain America: Civil War.

We'll have to see how Downey steers Stark's character through the next Avengers film for this to happen. Not too long ago, he was standing off against the government & their desire to take the Iron Man suits from him. Now, he's going to be working to do their bidding? A lot is going to need to happen, to make this plausible.

Golgo13
Haha, I knew that was going to happen. Balances out the whole batman v superman.

JayDaDon
Damn this idea REALLY isn't sitting well with me. I was looking forward to a Cap 3 that was all Cap and the Russo's again, they could go anywhere coming off the heels of the stellar Cap 2. Feels like RDJ just butted in.

Firefly218
There's no reason Civil War should be happening in the MCU.

Everyone already knows Stark is Iron Man

SHIELD files are public, so everyone knows who Hulk and Cap are

Thor is an alien

???????

krisblaze
Cap 3 might bomb, hard.

Firefly218
Originally posted by krisblaze
Cap 3 might bomb, hard.
probably not

ares834
Civil War was garbage... This sounds like a terrible idea.

SpaceMonkey
Avengers 2 is titled Age of Ultron, like the comic book arc. They will make the movie different to make it make sense within the MCU. The same thing will happen with anything regarding Civil War, if they decide to do it.

Could be that most of the world blames The Avengers, or more specifically Stark, for restarting the Ultron project that Pym had started years before. Or perhaps Stark becomes the new head of SHIELD and he appears in Cap 3 like Fury appeared in Cap 2.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ares834
Civil War was garbage... This sounds like a terrible idea.

Yeah because Marvel Studio's has your number on dial....

anyway they could improve what was already done for the movie.

DARTH POWER
Eh? That article hasn't posted even one source or quote from a Marvel exec.

JayDaDon
That's MY concern too. Not one quote not even from RDJ who's full of em.

ares834
Yeah because Marvel Studio's has your number on dial....

anyway they could improve what was already done for the movie.

Oh sorry. Forgot I wasn't allowed to have a negative opinion on a Marvel film.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

DARTH POWER
Come to think of it, this would make sense out of RDJ's contradictory comments on is he or isn't he in IM4?

Maybe he was just trying to say "well... not IM4 but something else.."

There's no reason Civil War should be happening in the MCU.

Everyone already knows Stark is Iron Man

SHIELD files are public, so everyone knows who Hulk and Cap are

Thor is an alien

???????

There is going to be the Netflix Daredevil in the same Universe... So maybe he will take Spider-Man's place?? Being the primary secret identity hero joining Tony and unmasking himself.. Maybe.. Who knows. But there are options as Marvel has so many characters now.

Firefly218
Cap 3 is officially Civil War

http://t.co/GWLHkJR8Lp

roughrider

Different articles are reporting different titles, like The Serpent Society. confused

Firefly218
Different articles are reporting different titles, like The Serpent Society. confused

At the press conference, Marvel told us Civil War. Not sure what the sites are saying.

ares834
Civil War? Shame.

Firefly218
Originally posted by ares834
Civil War? Shame.

It'll probably be some variation of Civil War. Not a direct adaption.

Golgo13
Yeah, this is what they said:

Firefly218
So both Iron Man and Black Panther will be in Cap 3. I wonder how prominent Winter Soldier will be in the film.

DARTH POWER
Looks like Black Panther will take Spider-Man's place in the Civil War story.

WhiteWitchKing
Looks like Black Panther will take Spider-Man's place in the Civil War story.

Good idea on there part. I'm glad they made no deals that would benefit Sony's franchise. Feige is making things work with what he has and that's a good thing. We wouldn't be getting obscure characters like Black Panther, Strange, and GOTG if Marvel had their other properties. Not saying I wouldn't love for those rights to be back at Marvel, what I'm saying is Marvel is making use great characters that happen to be obscure and that's an awesome thing.

CPT Space Bomb
Another movie I have to wait for sad

roughrider
Another movie I have to wait for sad

We all have to wait. But we have each other for company. big grin

Based
It'll probably be some variation of Civil War. Not a direct adaption.

I'm appalled how many thought this wasn't the case.

BruceSkywalker

goof title.. obviously won;t be like the comics (que butthurt and ignorance from fans lmmfao) but am looking forward to this

ares834
Originally posted by Based
I'm appalled how many thought this wasn't the case.

I think almost everyone realizes it won't be a direct adaption. Still, i wasn't a fan of the comic's plot and am disappointed that's it going to draw inspiration from it.

BruceSkywalker
just throwing this out there.. Hulk will be in Cap 3 as well

krisblaze
Civil War with 9 heroes?

It's really more of a bar-room brawl than a civil war...

WhiteWitchKing
Civil War with 9 heroes?

It's really more of a bar-room brawl than a civil war...

I disagree. Nine heroes is more than enough since this is one movie. How much more time can you give any character if there's more than that? If Marvel had more the rest would be featured in cameo appearances. They would only need to split into two teams and focus on the characters struggles over this issue and taking sides. They great thing about Avengers were their disputes, great dialog, and their personal battles. If Civil War is anything similar, we can still have a great movie.

DARTH POWER
This will be HUge. And it will clearly give Batman V Superman a run for it's money.

krisblaze
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
I disagree. Nine heroes is more than enough since this is one movie. How much more time can you give any character if there's more than that? If Marvel had more the rest would be featured in cameo appearances. They would only need to split into two teams and focus on the characters struggles over this issue and taking sides. They great thing about Avengers were their disputes, great dialog, and their personal battles. If Civil War is anything similar, we can still have a great movie.

What would this civil war be about?

There aren't any costumed heroes in the marvel movie-verse with secret identities.

DARTH POWER

There aren't any costumed heroes in the marvel movie-verse with secret identities.

It's about whether they should all be working for/reporting to a higher authority like SHIELD or the Government.

Really is out of character for Tony though to take the government's or SHIELD's side on this. Remember when he told the Government to all F Off in IM2 when talking about him giving them his Armor's design, and basically working under the government.

Would be pretty hypocritical for him to turn around on that now. But then I haven't seen Avengers 2 yet, so don't know where that film takes his character.

krisblaze
Yeah I'll have to hold off until the actual movie hits.

Firefly218
It's about whether they should all be working for/reporting to a higher authority like SHIELD or the Government.

Really is out of character for Tony though to take the government's or SHIELD's side on this. Remember when he told the Government to all F Off in IM2 when talking about him giving them his Armor's design, and basically working under the government.

Would be pretty hypocritical for him to turn around on that now. But then I haven't seen Avengers 2 yet, so don't know where that film takes his character.

He probably feels really guilty after creating ultron, and therefore decides that people like him need to be controlled.

I'm not so sure what problem Cap would have working for the government.

DARTH POWER

I'm not so sure what problem Cap would have working for the government.

Well last time he worked for SHIELD he found out he was practically working for Hydra.

Plus it's a liberty thing. He should work for the Government if he chooses, but wouldn't wanted to be forced to do so.

WhiteWitchKing

Wasn't the actual comics a bit forced for making Tony into the bad guy? I just hope Whedon/Feige is a better story teller than Bendis when it comes to why Tony and Steve as at odds in Civil War.

Age of Ultron will enlighten us. Apparently part of this has to do with IM in being favor of the Bush/Hydra doctrine: pre-empty strikes.

L1Dcj09MIuY

DARTH POWER
favor of the Bush/Hydra doctrine:

Lol. Bush being Hydra.. It all makes sense now!

roughrider
This will be HUge. And it will clearly give Batman V Superman a run for it's money.

A moot point now, since DC/Warners blinked and moved Batman vs Superman up several weeks to March 2016.

As far as quality, it's already assured to be better than Batman vs Superman, simply because BvsS is being made by Zack Snyder. stick out tongue

Golgo13
Supposedly the script is awesome for batman B superman. Looks like Chris Terri delivered, so I wouldn't be surprised if it rivals cap 3 in quality.

krisblaze
^If Superman vs Batman is as bad as Cap 3 is going to be, I'll be disappointed.

Edit: came off as a lot more hateful than I intended stick out tongue

Firefly218
With Chris Terrio writing, I have faith bats v supes will be awesome. Zack Snyder is great for visually stunning and creativity shot movies, but he needs a good script.

Good script = Watchmen quality

Bad script = MoS quality

krisblaze
^Wut

There was hardly any disparity in quality between those movies...

Golgo13
I agree with Firefly. MOS was shy of being a great comic book movie. If the script was good, it would have been better. Here is a quality post someone posted on another board about Batman V Superman. Some good insight, IMO.

DARTH POWER
A moot point now, since DC/Warners blinked and moved Batman vs Superman up several weeks to March 2016.

Of course it's not moot. Have we ever had this happen before with 2 Massive Superhero Cross franchise Event movies coming out within a couple of months of each other?

And I have no idea which will be better and which will bank more. But I'd be seriously disappointed if either fail to deliver a Completely Epic and Awesome Movie.

Of course WB/DC have a lot more to lose if they don't deliver. It would literally put them back to square 1, whilst Marvel would learn from their mistake and carry on.

BruceSkywalker
Cap 3 will make close too if not $1 billion... Batman v. Superman will make around $800 million, but this might change off and on until the films actually come out .. I;ll be seeing them both anyway multiple times

DARTH POWER
Cap 3 will make close too if not $1 billion... Batman v. Superman will make around $800 million, but this might change off and on until the films actually come out .. I;ll be seeing them both anyway multiple times

Nah they should both surpass the $1billion mark World Wide Imho.

Because:

Cap 3 is basically Cap V Iron Man. The last IM movie made $1.3bill, plus you have to bear in mind the last Cap movie without IM made $700mill+.

Whilst Batman V Superman is rebooting Batman, but it's still coming off a Batman trilogy that were making a Billion Dollars each without 3d ticket sales and a Superman movie which made close to $700mill ww.

BruceSkywalker
Nah they should both surpass the $1billion mark World Wide Imho.

Because:

Cap 3 is basically Cap V Iron Man. The last IM movie made $1.3bill, plus you have to bear in mind the last Cap movie without IM made $700mill+.

Whilst Batman V Superman is rebooting Batman, but it's still coming off a Batman trilogy that were making a Billion Dollars each without 3d ticket sales and a Superman movie which made close to $700mill ww.

yes but you cannot put Nolanverse into Snyderverse, so people will be able to make the distinction between the two.. they already have anyway with the casing of Affleck. Which is why I said that Batman v. Superman will only make $100 million or so more than Man of Steel made.... Remember people have to enjoy everything abut the whole film and since people cried, whined, nitpicked Man of Steel and still do they may not be so inclined to power the film past $800 million worldwide. But like I said my opinion on the whole thing will change off and on up until the film opens

Golgo13
Too early to tell. It all depends on how good it is. WB certainly put it in a good spot to make a ton more money.

DARTH POWER
yes but you cannot put Nolanverse into Snyderverse, so people will be able to make the distinction between the two.. they already have anyway with the casing of Affleck. Which is why I said that Batman v. Superman will only make $100 million or so more than Man of Steel made.... Remember people have to enjoy everything abut the whole film and since people cried, whined, nitpicked Man of Steel and still do they may not be so inclined to power the film past $800 million worldwide. But like I said my opinion on the whole thing will change off and on up until the film opens

Yeah everyone knows is not the Nolan Bats. If it was BvS would be pretty much guaranteed to make 1.5bill. Nevertheless Nolan has made the character of Batman more popular than he's ever been. And it's the popularity of a character that brings in the box office.

For example, look at what a piece of crap IM3 was. But it just raked in the money. Why? Because IM's popularity was just Massive right after Avengers.

Say what you want about mixed reviews of MOS, but end of the day enough people purchased it when it was available to buy. Which shows people will pay to see the sequel/expansion of that film. Superman Returns on the other hand got great reviews. But sold poorly. So WB knew people wouldn't show up to a sequel, and needed to reboot.

BruceSkywalker
Yeah everyone knows is not the Nolan Bats. If it was BvS would be pretty much guaranteed to make 1.5bill. Nevertheless Nolan has made the character of Batman more popular than he's ever been. And it's the popularity of a character that brings in the box office.

For example, look at what a piece of crap IM3 was. But it just raked in the money. Why? Because IM's popularity was just Massive right after Avengers.

Say what you want about mixed reviews of MOS, but end of the day enough people purchased it when it was available to buy. Which shows people will pay to see the sequel/expansion of that film. Superman Returns on the other hand got great reviews. But sold poorly. So WB knew people wouldn't show up to a sequel, and needed to reboot.

nah we have to agree to disagree on that...

WhiteWitchKing

I'll agree on this part but if BVS is a bad movie overall then this goodwill might not last into JLA or even the solo Batman. Nolan's Batman is so great because of the story it puts Batman in. It was also terrible stories like Forever and Batman and Robin that ruined the character as well. If BVS has a poor storyline and a bunch of explosions, the Batman love will not last for mild fans of Batman. I wonder how much of that love is for Batman and how much is it for Nolan's story/vision.

WhiteWitchKing
Cap 3 makes more money for sure if Age of Ultron is as good of better than Avengers. How would that multiplier even work? Avengers boosted Winter Soldier and Iron Man 3. Age of Ultron would do the same. But would IM3 and Winter Soldiers also boost it? If Civil is as good as Winter Soldiers, it might have some legs like it's predecessor.

At one put people were sure BvS was going to beat Cap 3, now it's a whole different game.

DARTH POWER
I'll agree on this part but if BVS is a bad movie overall then this goodwill might not last into JLA or even the solo Batman. Nolan's Batman is so great because of the story it puts Batman in. It was also terrible stories like Forever and Batman and Robin that ruined the character as well. If BVS has a poor storyline and a bunch of explosions, the Batman love will not last for mild fans of Batman. I wonder how much of that love is for Batman and how much is it for Nolan's story/vision.

Oh yeah of course. Nolan left the love for Batman in a good place. But if they start screwing up going forward, then that will all change. Just saying BvS is coming off a lot of hype and popularity for the character. It's upto the film itself though to keep and build on that or to just completely destroy all of that.

Right now people think their love for Batman and their love for Nolan's Batman is the same thing. But if BvS screws up then they suddenly might start differentiating between Nolan Batman(the one they love) and Other versions of Batman(the ones they couldn't care less about).

On the other hand IM gets away with IM2 and IM3 being sub-standard due to his massive roles in the Avenger movies keeping and further boosting his massive popularity up.

Firefly218
Oh yeah of course. Nolan left the love for Batman in a good place. But if they start screwing up going forward, then that will all change. Just saying BvS is coming off a lot of hype and popularity for the character. It's upto the film itself though to keep and build on that or to just completely destroy all of that.

Right now people think their love for Batman and their love for Nolan's Batman is the same thing. But if BvS screws up then they suddenly might start differentiating between Nolan Batman(the one they love) and Other versions of Batman(the ones they couldn't care less about).

On the other hand IM gets away with IM2 and IM3 being sub-standard due to his massive roles in the Avenger movies keeping and further boosting his massive popularity up.

Agreed with everything you said until the last part.

IM gets away with IM2 and IM3 because even if people thought the movies sucked, RDJ was still awesome in them. BTW, lots of people loved IM3 - myself included.

WhiteWitchKing

IM gets away with IM2 and IM3 because even if people thought the movies sucked, RDJ was still awesome in them. BTW, lots of people loved IM3 - myself included.

I will have to say it's both (RDJ & Avengers) for now. But yeah, RDJ was great in IM3; however, the movie was just bad in certain areas. RDJ's brand wasn't tarnished by IM3 at all, Shane Black's was.

DARTH POWER

Of course RDJ is awesome in the part. But if there was no Avengers that franchise would have started going down Imo, based on the shitty sequels.

Arny is an awesome Terminator. But that alone won't save the franchise.

Nah IM3 just sucked. But when a character has become so popular, many people will just blind themselves to a lack of quality (as long as it's not consistent).

WhiteWitchKing
I think RDJ's performance in Avengers and how great the movie was over all gave fans and new fans the idea that IM3 was going to be great as well. It wipe the IM2 image out of their mind. The marketing of Mandarin and it's hype also drove this. Marvel looked to be doing amazing things with IM3 until people actually saw the movie. lol

IM2 wasn't bad; the story was just mediocre. RDJ was still great in it.

BruceSkywalker
Daniel Bruhl has joined the cast.. i think i know who though...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/322213-captain-america-civil-war-adds-daniel-bruhl-in-mystery-role

Firefly218
Wow, what a perfect casting. This guy is incredibly talented and gives a brilliant performance in Rush.

Golgo13
Yeah, he's a fantastic actor.

Kazenji
I only know the guy from Inglorius Basterds.

Firefly218
You should watch Rush, it's a really good movie.

BruceSkywalker

Rush is a very good film

pym-ftw
So is it free to assume he's Mordo?

WhiteWitchKing

More like Red Hood. Lol. I'm thinking Zemo, though. Likely, he'll be the division of Hydra that researches magic and comes into contact with Dormammu or working with Mordo. The guy is German, and seeing as how they pick Thomas Kretschmann to play Baron Strucker, he is likely going to be playing a Hydra villain. It also makes more sense because Winter Soldier sets up Strucker already so why would Mordo even be involved? Plus Bruhl looks nothing like Mordo.

Apparently they've been in the same movie before.
http://extreme-down.com/uploads/posts/2011-09/1316653795_in-tranzit1.jpg

Zemo and Strucker side by side, the best of buddies.
http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2008_In_Tranzit/008ITZ_Daniel_Bruhl_002.jpg

Kazenji
According to some source from Variety, Crossbones will be the main villain for this movie.

Firefly218
According to some source from Variety, Crossbones will be the main villain for this movie.

I'd be okay with that

BruceSkywalker

or Zemo

Firefly218
Scarlett Johannson joins Cap 3 as Black Widow

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/english/hollywood/news/Scarlett-Johansson-Robert-Downey-Jr-set-to-join-Chris-Evans-in-Captain-America-3/articleshow/45921244.cms

Kazenji
Scarlett Johannson as Black Widow...did not see that happening.

JayDaDon
Really hope to see Zemo in this.

DARTH POWER
Scarlett Johannson joins Cap 3 as Black Widow

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/english/hollywood/news/Scarlett-Johansson-Robert-Downey-Jr-set-to-join-Chris-Evans-in-Captain-America-3/articleshow/45921244.cms

So we basically know the only person they could possibly kill in Avengers 2 is Hawkeye.

That's the disadvantage of announcing all future movies and who will be in those movies. It reduces the stakes for the next big movie, knowing all the main characters are going to get out of it just fine.

Firefly218
Hawkeye isn't dying. When Renner was asked about being in Cap 3, he cited scheduling as being something Marvel would have to work around. That implies his character's survival to me.

DARTH POWER
Hawkeye isn't dying. When Renner was asked about being in Cap 3, he cited scheduling as being something Marvel would have to work around. That implies his character's survival to me.

Poor Joss don't get to kill no one this time.

Firefly218
War Machine could get the ax? It'd make Tony Stark feel double worse

Tzeentch
Kill off War Machine and Falcon. thumb up

BruceSkywalker

thing is renner doesn;t have anything in the works though.. besides it may not even be renner who dies, it could be some other character entirely.. also Darth Power could be right with this statement right here...

Originally posted by Tzeentch

Cheadle is unknown while Falcon isn;t going anywhere as anthony mackie has already implied he will be around for a while

StiltmanFTW
Glad we'll see Zemo.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Tzeentch

You must be racist.

JayDaDon
I'm still wondering when they're gonna make Falcon an avenger. I guess his limited powerset would make it hard to make him seem useful when both Thor and Iron man fly and fire projectiles on a much higher scale.

Tzeentch
You must be racist. Not at all, I just hate black people.

Kazenji
Originally posted by JayDaDon
I'm still wondering when they're gonna make Falcon an avenger. I guess his limited powerset would make it hard to make him seem useful when both Thor and Iron man fly and fire projectiles on a much higher scale.

They should'eve gone with his other version where he's more useful.

DARTH POWER

That shouldn't really be an issue when we have both BW and Hawkeye trying to make themselves useful on the team.

Besides he's Cap's partner and he's good back up for Cap, given that Cap can't fly.

JayDaDon
Well BW has the whole Spy angle. To be fair it was her who got Loki to spill the beans on his plans so she has unique skills. Hawkeye is leaning a little on the wrong side of usefulness imo.
I really hope things like that don't stop them from adding certain members because we gotta see more Falcon.

Firefly218
Daredevil could crossover

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-America-3-Include-Daredevil-70024.html

CPT Space Bomb
So, how do you guys think this is going to play out now....

After seeing Age of Ultron Cap and Tony seem to be leaving on a good note, despite the couple disputes they had in the film

So, how does the war start?

One_Angry_Scot
So, how do you guys think this is going to play out now....

After seeing Age of Ultron Cap and Tony seem to be leaving on a good note, despite the couple disputes they had in the film

So, how does the war start?

I bet it's gonna be a hero or a villain (perhaps Crossbones) causes a disaster that ends up with loads of lost lives and that's what starts off the events about the conscription.

So they know where they all are at any given time.

Inhuman
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I bet it's gonna be a hero or a villain (perhaps Crossbones) causes a disaster that ends up with loads of lost lives and that's what starts off the events about the conscription.

So they know where they all are at any given time.

Well its been pretty much confirmed that Baron Zemo will apear in Civil War . So he might have something to do with the conflict.

One_Angry_Scot
Well its been pretty much confirmed that Baron Zemo will apear in Civil War . So he might have something to do with the conflict.

Sure but I don't think he'd be the one to directly cause that. He'd send in underlings to do it. He'd appear for the big show.

You are correct in that he's probably involved (although I've phrased my reply a bit oddly).

Also what did you think of the casting of Daniel Bruhl as Zemo?

Firefly218
Sure but I don't think he'd be the one to directly cause that. He'd send in underlings to do it. He'd appear for the big show.

You are correct in that he's probably involved (although I've phrased my reply a bit oddly).

Also what did you think of the casting of Daniel Bruhl as Zemo? Brilliant casting

One_Angry_Scot
Brilliant casting

Yeah I am happy with it as well. It'll be good to see an onscreen adaptation of his costume.

Inhuman
Hes a good choice.
Liked him in Inglorious Bastards.

BruceSkywalker
love daniel bruhl

i think who martin freeman is playing as well ..

Inhuman
i think who martin freeman is playing as well ..

I think marvel has found their spiderman

CPT Space Bomb
I think more than anything Marvel's casting has been top notch. Rarely is there a moment where I've been unhappy with a casting decision

WhiteWitchKing
I think more than anything Marvel's casting has been top notch. Rarely is there a moment where I've been unhappy with a casting decision

That's why I'm annoyed they killed Strucker. But they can still resurrect him and give him enhancements. He and Hydra would be good villains for a Secret Warriors movie with Fury leading the Secret Warriors.

BruceSkywalker
I think marvel has found their spiderman

lol yup but it wouldn;t surprise if freeman plays......

One_Angry_Scot
http://i.imgur.com/DKONOLxl.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Oh, yes.

BruceSkywalker

should be a great fight

SamZED
Looks like he is wearing some sort of enhancements.

CPT Space Bomb
Man can't wait for this movie. Crossbones looks good, and will probably look better on screen.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Looks like he is wearing some sort of enhancements.

http://i62.tinypic.com/ejzclv.jpg

JayDaDon

That fight looks like its gonna be on some Winter Soldier shit. Can't wait.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
http://i62.tinypic.com/ejzclv.jpg Thought you'd be more upset that Crossbones is no threat to Cap without toys. evil face

StiltmanFTW
We've already seen Bones in WS doing quite good, for a non-enhanced human that is.

In comics, Bones was always supposed to be more than human. Like the Kingpin. No official powers, but feat-wise it's a different story.

roughrider
He will need the toys. Skilled as Rumlow is, we already saw Cap take him and a dozen other guys out in that epic elevator fight in WS.

Hey - this will be the first Marvel movie where Chris Evans will get billing ahead of Robert Downey Jr. evil face Eat it, Tony!

SamZED
Was it officially confirmed that Spider-man will first appear in Cap 3? He's played by a kid, way to early in his career to be revealing his secret id and it'd be a problem for any future movies. Maybe there's a chance he'll be in Ant-Man first.

StiltmanFTW
People will laugh out loud when they see the new Spidey.

Maybe there's a chance he'll be in Ant-Man first.

No.

JayDaDon
Was it officially confirmed that Spider-man will first appear in Cap 3? He's played by a kid, way to early in his career to be revealing his secret id and it'd be a problem for any future movies. Maybe there's a chance he'll be in Ant-Man first.

The secret ID thing won't be an issue in this version of Civil War. It's going to be more like superheroes having to be under the thumb of the government yadda yadda. Basically all the other shitty regulations from the comic Civil war without the secret ID issue.

StiltmanFTW
I want to see the Punisher in MCU sad

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I want to see the Punisher in MCU sad

same but imo frank is more suited for a violent netflix series or on hbo/cinemax

JayDaDon
Hbo would be an amazing place for a Punisher series. It would likely be Netflix though.

roughrider
Hbo would be an amazing place for a Punisher series. It would likely be Netflix though.

I was thinking HBO as well, then I remembered: HBO is owned by Warner Bros., which owns DC. Probably too sticky a situation, as they would be more interested in promoting their own brand. Besides, it's a basic requirement to have naked females on an HBO show. wink stick out tongue Punisher doesn't have much of that.

Netflix looks like a natural, what with the Marvel shows already on there. Daredevil was awesome, and had a level of violence and mature content you couldn't tackle on regular TV. Maybe season 2 should introduce Frank and have him as an antagonist of Matt before they team up.

JayDaDon
I wanna see Frank, Elektra and Bullseye in season 2 of DD. That would be a good trinity to come back with.

Inhuman
I wanna see Frank, Elektra and Bullseye in season 2 of DD. That would be a good trinity to come back with.

Electra is pretty much confirmed to be in season 2.

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/26/possible-elketra-auditions-for-season-2-of-netflixs-daredevil/

I would actually want a stand alone Punisher netflix series.

JayDaDon
Me too, but thats not likely to come until WELL down the road. DD would be a real cool place to introduce him though.

JayDaDon
Just read that link, Seems pretty solid that Elektra is a focal point in Season 2.

One_Angry_Scot
Was thinking what do you think we'll see Spider-Man doing in this film. Will he be playing a role like Sentry did where he attempts to stay out of it for the most part or do you reckon he'll take a side.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>