Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218

Firefly218
http://www.eatgeekplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/tumblr_mw6ej2sGES1s3diulo1_500.jpg

Awesome fake poster

How would 'Dawn of the Republic' or 'Rise of the Sith' sound?

http://www.eatgeekplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/BCxobgWCEAE6HCk.jpg

jaden101
I only know one thing for absolute certain about this movie. Simon Pegg will be in it.

And if there's something else likely to happen then Benedict Cumberbatch will probably play a sith or Thrawn if they go with that story.

KingD19
Wouldn't make sense for Thrawn to be in a story with Jacen and Jaina.

Firefly218
Originally posted by jaden101
I only know one thing for absolute certain about this movie. Simon Pegg will be in it.

And if there's something else likely to happen then Benedict Cumberbatch will probably play a sith or Thrawn if they go with that story.

That would be great. I wouldn't mind that at all

http://www.themovies.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/BenedictCumberbatch_SithLord1.jpg

jaden101
And JJA isn't really one for giving much of a **** about existing continuity. And George Lucas proved he's long past giving a **** by selling it off.

jaden101
Originally posted by Firefly218
That would be great. I wouldn't mind that at all

http://www.themovies.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/BenedictCumberbatch_SithLord1.jpg

He's playing every other bad guy going. Khan, Smaug, Sauron. Plus he's got previous with JJ. Plus he's got the best bad guy voice going at the moment. So he may simply be a voice part.

Firefly218
And JJA isn't really one for giving much of a **** about existing continuity. And George Lucas proved he's long past giving a **** by selling it off.

Star Trek was a reboot, JJ Abrams didn't have to give a shit about continuity. The good news is, while JJ wasn't a Star Trek fan, he is a Star Wars fan. So I think this time around JJ and Disney really do care about movie continuity.

BTW, EU is not official canon

jaden101
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/star-wars-michael-fassbender-benedict-3020986

Stealth Moose
Star Trek was a reboot, JJ Abrams didn't have to give a shit about continuity. The good news is, while JJ wasn't a Star Trek fan, he is a Star Wars fan. So I think this time around JJ and Disney really do care about movie continuity.

BTW, EU is not official canon

Incorrect. EU is considered part of the overall Star Wars universe, but has a lower level of priority when it comes into conflict with anything George Lucas personally directs, oversees, or green-lights. However, Disney has already apparently retained Leland Chee and, being the movie fanboy that he is, EU might get the chop.

I wonder how this will bode for TOR? In any case, this movie could either rejuvenate this series (which it direly needs; the retreading Clone Wars material is old and the EU is varying levels of good) or it could be a death-knell. The PT was, in retrospect, horrible.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Incorrect. EU is considered part of the overall Star Wars universe, but has a lower level of priority when it comes into conflict with anything George Lucas personally directs, oversees, or green-lights. However, Disney has already apparently retained Leland Chee and, being the movie fanboy that he is, EU might get the chop.

I wonder how this will bode for TOR? In any case, this movie could either rejuvenate this series (which it direly needs; the retreading Clone Wars material is old and the EU is varying levels of good) or it could be a death-knell. The PT was, in retrospect, horrible.

I meant EU isn't officially canon to the movies

Stealth Moose
Which is kind of a misleading statement. The canon levels aren't strictly divided by movie/non-movie either; GL has sanctioned comics, novel tie-ins, radio plays, and so on which are considered G-canon over more remote C-canon, etc.

While most Star Wars fans are largely ignorant to the stratification and diversity found in EU, those that aren't find it jarring when it's written off without a word. There's stuff in EU that surpasses GL's work in the last 15 years, to be honest. But there's also stuff that is total rubbish, because of both the nature of many authors and creators and Lucas' ridiculously lax policing. So Disney's plan to take a chainsaw to it (rumored) is probably going to become a reality. I point out again that they retained Leland "Most fans only care about the movies" Chee who has probably wanted to do as much for the last ten years.

If this DOES happen, well, a fresh start isn't a bad idea. ST reboot is successful and doesn't have quite the same level of baggage as prime universal material would have, but George Lucas didn't handle the EU-situation the same as ST. And how that worked is anything not a tv-show/movie in ST is pretty much non-canon period, whereas GL has this ridiculous flexible caste system going on which makes things difficult to control and interpret. There's entire debates spiraling out of control about EU interpretation in this very forum, though it's cooled down considerably with the lack of new content and the upcoming movie in the works.

In my opinion, Disney could do EU justice by lifting the best ideas from it, and canning the worst. If they mulligan EU and then pretty much recreate the highlights and implement it into their original story, SW would benefit. If they just hack away EU entirely and go off in their own direction, they're relying entirely on their own novelty, and this could potentially blow up in their face.

Firefly218
Which is kind of a misleading statement. The canon levels aren't strictly divided by movie/non-movie either; GL has sanctioned comics, novel tie-ins, radio plays, and so on which are considered G-canon over more remote C-canon, etc.

While most Star Wars fans are largely ignorant to the stratification and diversity found in EU, those that aren't find it jarring when it's written off without a word. There's stuff in EU that surpasses GL's work in the last 15 years, to be honest. But there's also stuff that is total rubbish, because of both the nature of many authors and creators and Lucas' ridiculously lax policing. So Disney's plan to take a chainsaw to it (rumored) is probably going to become a reality. I point out again that they retained Leland "Most fans only care about the movies" Chee who has probably wanted to do as much for the last ten years.

If this DOES happen, well, a fresh start isn't a bad idea. ST reboot is successful and doesn't have quite the same level of baggage as prime universal material would have, but George Lucas didn't handle the EU-situation the same as ST. And how that worked is anything not a tv-show/movie in ST is pretty much non-canon period, whereas GL has this ridiculous flexible caste system going on which makes things difficult to control and interpret. There's entire debates spiraling out of control about EU interpretation in this very forum, though it's cooled down considerably with the lack of new content and the upcoming movie in the works.

In my opinion, Disney could do EU justice by lifting the best ideas from it, and canning the worst. If they mulligan EU and then pretty much recreate the highlights and implement it into their original story, SW would benefit. If they just hack away EU entirely and go off in their own direction, they're relying entirely on their own novelty, and this could potentially blow up in their face.

I understand what you're saying, but a vast majority of the SW fan base is completely unaware of the EU. For that reason, JJ can come up with original content without being bound to the parameters of the EU - which I'm assuming he isn't very familiar with himself.

Personally, I do agree with the idea of recreating highlights of EU.

Stealth Moose
I suspect lots of lens flare, if nothing else.

DARTH POWER
Firefly's sort of right. Lucas always said the EU is a different Universe to his (movie) Universe. That's why Lucas himself would contradict the EU so much when making the Prequels and TCW. So when Lucas has always ignored it, we can't possibly expect Abrams to be completely faithful to it.

On the other hand Lucas would occasionally "borrow" elements from the EU, which is why the EU was considered canon, but a lower level of canon.

Going forward with Disney though, everything will be Equal in Canon. Books, comics everything will be equal canon to the movies. But of course before that happens a lot of the previous EU will be scrapped. Most the post ROTJ Eu stuff is surely doomed.

Firefly218
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Firefly's sort of right.

http://i.memecaptain.com/gend_images/eY184Q.jpg

Stealth Moose
Firefly's sort of right. Lucas always said the EU is a different Universe to his (movie) Universe. That's why Lucas himself would contradict the EU so much when making the Prequels and TCW. So when Lucas has always ignored it, we can't possibly expect Abrams to be completely faithful to it.

On the other hand Lucas would occasionally "borrow" elements from the EU, which is why the EU was considered canon, but a lower level of canon.

Going forward with Disney though, everything will be Equal in Canon. Books, comics everything will be equal canon to the movies. But of course before that happens a lot of the previous EU will be scrapped. Most the post ROTJ Eu stuff is surely doomed.

That point is correct, but Firefly was using very short, concise means to describe a very complex situation, and using the wrong terms. Which is why I felt the divine directive to correct him, using my own extensive experience into SW canon interpretation.

As you can attest to, Darth Power.

Side with me, or be destroyed. There is no hope for the opposition.

jaden101
Too many star wars fanboys put far too much faith in George Lucas and his blessing over what went into EU canon and what didn't. Thinking that he scrutinised stories to fit preexisting canon etc. I'm willing to bet he asked 1 question every time someone from Lucas Arts etc came to him with something new for the EU to be published/released. 'Will it make me even more money?'

If the answer was yes then it'd go in and **** whether it fit into canon or not. That's why it's in such a complete shambles and why the best thing JJ and his team could do is ignore its continuity and only use it for interesting characters and situations.

Stealth Moose
I'm not sure I understand how your comment connects with the discussion. No one above claimed to have the position of which you speak.

Stealth Moose
But to clarify, I imagine GL's interest was superficial when it came to EU. He even admits as much, and we all know LFL was milking the cash cow, so you are right in that regard.

Firefly218

What's your opinion on casting/title?

Firefly218
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/feb/07/gary-oldman-star-wars-episode-vii-7-role-jj-abrams

Gary Oldman is in talks for a Star Wars role! Probably for a sith

COG Veteran
I'd absolutely kill to see DD Lewis as a Sith Lord and Cumberbatch as a Jedi Master. That would soooo kick ass.

dadudemon
Too many star wars fanboys put far too much faith in George Lucas and his blessing over what went into EU canon and what didn't. Thinking that he scrutinised stories to fit preexisting canon etc. I'm willing to bet he asked 1 question every time someone from Lucas Arts etc came to him with something new for the EU to be published/released. 'Will it make me even more money?'

It depended on the novel and story. In the beginning, there were tons of questions and directions given by GL regarding those things.

Later, though, after "they" had a better feel for what GL would allow or not allow, the questions subsided. If there was a sensitive story that came up, he would do the grilling and veto stuff, again.

Firefly218
Originally posted by COG Veteran
I'd absolutely kill to see DD Lewis as a Sith Lord and Cumberbatch as a Jedi Master. That would soooo kick ass.

thumb up

But Day-Lewis is "too good" for Star Wars

Lord Lucien
Damn right he is.

BruceSkywalker
hope it happens as I can see Michael Fassbender and/or Benedict Cumberbatch as Sith Lords

Firefly218
What do you guys think about Jacen and Jaina Solo?

BruceSkywalker
What do you guys think about Jacen and Jaina Solo?

both fassbender and cumberbatch are perfect for Jacen

Jaina, not sure yet..

i suspect anyway that JJ will be using some of the characters names from the novels but not their backstories

Firefly218
If Jennifer Lawrence and Fassbender weren't the most overused actors, they would be a perfect brother/sister. They already have that xmen chemistry too.

Cumberbatch is a great actor, I just don't see him being Han Solo's son.

COG Veteran
thumb up

But Day-Lewis is "too good" for Star Wars
Sadly that's why we'll never see him in it. sad sad

jaden101
If Jennifer Lawrence and Fassbender weren't the most overused actors, they would be a perfect brother/sister. They already have that xmen chemistry too.

Cumberbatch is a great actor, I just don't see him being Han Solo's son.

Oh yeah. A 13 year age gap between those two are perfect for characters that are supposed to be twins.

What?

Firefly218
Oh yeah. A 13 year age gap between those two are perfect for characters that are supposed to be twins.

What?

Movie magic bro. Besides, it doesn't look like there's a 13 year age gap.

Stealth Moose
What's your opinion on casting/title?

Yay Gary Oldman.

Kazenji
^ He's not even locked in yet.

Stealth Moose
I can have A NEW HOPE BRO.

Kazenji
I see what you did there.

Supra
Originally posted by Kazenji
I see what you did there.

You do?

Kazenji
Obviously you don't.

Supra
Obviously you don't.

I see everything.

Kazenji
What a crock of shit.

Supra
But I see you.

jaden101
Movie magic bro. Besides, it doesn't look like there's a 13 year age gap.

He looks well into his 40s despite being 36. She looks her age. So no. If anything the age gap looks bigger than it is.

Firefly218
He looks well into his 40s despite being 36. She looks her age. So no. If anything the age gap looks bigger than it is.

http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/fassy2.jpg

http://boxofficechampions.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/jennifer-lawrence.jpg

No, I'm pretty it could work. Also, since Ford, Hamill and Fisher are in their 70s, it makes sense that their children are in their 30s.

jaden101
No I'm more than pretty sure it wouldn't. They're both quality actors but casting them as twins would be totally stupid.

Tzeentch
Lucas' involvement in the EU bbeing minimal is only sort of kind of half-true. C'Boath was originally supposed to be a mentally unstable clone of Obi-Wan Kenobi, but Lucas forced the author to scrap that and make the clone an original character. More recently, Anakin Solo was supposed to be the big bad post Vong War, but Lucas stepped in again and told the authors to kill him off, because of his name.

So, yeah.

Anyway, for this movie I don't want them to use any EU material, nor do I want it to be filled with big names. Gary Oldman gets a pass because you wont' even know he's Gary Oldman till the credits say so, but everyone else, nah.

Stealth Moose
I could be Gary Oldman. You never know.

Firefly218
No I'm more than pretty sure it wouldn't. They're both quality actors but casting them as twins would be totally stupid.

I can see your point, that the resemblance between fassbender and Lawrence isn't perfect. I probably wouldn't cast them as the solo twins, but I still think it could work. Given that their both wonderful actors.

Tzeentch
I would have just one Solo kid, personally. We're already cutting out Anakin. Why not have just one Solo kid and a Skywalker? Then you don't need to worry about age differences and matching features as much.

My original fantasy was to have Jennifer Lawrence as Jaina and be the protagonist, with her having a Korra-type personality (Initial Korra, not the progressively dumber one we've been given since every episode past the first), with Luke being the mentor.

Robtard
How bout we not have any Lawrence, cos really, she's WAY over-hyped. See the second part of the Hunger Games; you'll see.

And LoLz at people thinking her and Fassbender could play twins.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Robtard
How bout we not have any Lawrence, cos really, she's WAY over-hyped. See the second part of the Hunger Games; you'll see.

And LoLz at people thinking her and Fassbender could play twins.

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/19928/Jennifer%20Lawrence%20Jaina%20Solo.png

It's possible.

I seriously doubt Disney would cast her anyways, so it doesn't matter.

Tzeentch

And LoLz at people thinking her and Fassbender could play twins. Not following you; part 2 was much better than part 1 imo.

I agree that she's too famous for the role now, though. I'd prefer a rrlative unkown.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Not following you; part 2 was much better than part 1 imo.

I agree that she's too famous for the role now, though. I'd prefer a rrlative unkown.

thumb up I can agree with that.

Who do you think? I'm curious because I can't come up with anyone

Lord Lucien
Who do you think? I'm curious because I can't come up with anyone Kinda the point, isn't it?

Firefly218
http://www.contactmusic.com/article/star-wars-episode-vii-casting_4064706

Apparently Star Wars principal casting is finished

No announcements erm

BruceSkywalker
http://www.contactmusic.com/article/star-wars-episode-vii-casting_4064706

Apparently Star Wars principal casting is finished

No announcements erm

which is very odd.. you'd think they would make some sort of announcement as too who has been casted

IceBreaker2000
JJ Abrams screws stit up

Firefly218
Originally posted by IceBreaker2000
JJ Abrams screws stit up

Excessive lens flares were never a problem for me

Kazenji
Same here.

Robtard
Not following you; part 2 was much better than part 1 imo.

Part two doubled the teen-angsty crap of the first and her acting was annoying at best. Couldn't wait for the film to end.

Firefly218
Adam Driver officially cast as main villain!!!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/adam-driver-play-villain-star-683821

Apparently he beat Michael Fassbender and Hugo Weaving for the role

Kazenji
Its not official yet...it says "final negotiations"

things can change.

marwash22
well, "final negotiations" means he still beat out Fassbender and Hugo Weaving in the audition process.

speaking of Hugo, didn't this guy say he refused to play Red Skull again because he didn't want to be type cast in "genre movies"? It doesn't get more genre than Star Wars. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
Originally posted by marwash22

speaking of Hugo, didn't this guy say he refused to play Red Skull again because he didn't want to be type cast in "genre movies"? It doesn't get more genre than Star Wars. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I thought it was blockbuster movies in general.

marwash22
either way, he's an ass.

BruceSkywalker
horrible shit casting

Kazenji
Never seen the guy on that 'Girls' show

is he any good?

DARTH POWER
So no Michael Fassbender? Damn!

BruceSkywalker
Never seen the guy on that 'Girls' show

is he any good?

nope...

So no Michael Fassbender? Damn!

Cumberbatach as well.. both would have been good in this..

Firefly218
Well he did win the audition for a reason. And I can actually see him playing a sith so I'll reserve judgment on this one

marwash22
i like his character in "Girls", but i can't say i see him as a villain; but hey, that's why he's an actor.

DARTH POWER
There must be a reason he's beaten the likes of Fassbender and Cumberbatch (Abrams boy from Star Trek Into Darkness). He must be playing an impressive villain in the auditions.

BruceSkywalker
There must be a reason he's beaten the likes of Fassbender and Cumberbatch (Abrams boy from Star Trek Into Darkness). He must be playing an impressive villain in the auditions.

that or he used the casting couch to his advantage ,,,lol

Firefly218
Scene from Girls

MEcI0rD_SyM

Kazenji
i like his character in "Girls", but i can't say i see him as a villain; but hey, that's why he's an actor.

Pretty much this.

Firefly218
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-7-rumors-gary-oldman-benedict-cumberbatch/

I hope that's true

BruceSkywalker
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-7-rumors-gary-oldman-benedict-cumberbatch/

I hope that's true

doubt it but who knows

DARTH POWER
^ That report was written before Driver was announced as the villain.

Firefly218

Yeah your right

BruceSkywalker

i know, i really have no idea how jj is casting this

Firefly218
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-7-carrie-fisher-large-role/

Carrie Fisher basically confirmed. This could be false because 6 months is a ridiculously long time for shooting

focus4chumps
i like this thread way better than robtard's

Jim Colyer
I can't say I'm looking forward to another trilogy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Jim Colyer
I can't say I'm looking forward to another trilogy. I definitely am since Abrams made me become the biggest NuTrek fan alive.

Robtard
Originally posted by focus4chumps
i like this thread way better than robtard's

sad

Lord Lucien
Did you guys hear that there's a new Star Wars movie coming out?

Kazenji
^ I hear Lucas is back on board.

Firefly218
Lupita Nyong'o Meets With J.J. Abrams for 'Star Wars: Episode VII'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lupita-nyongo-meets-jj-abrams-688787

COG Veteran
Will be set 30 years after RotJ.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-vii-7-30-years-after-return-jedi/

Robtard
Lupita Nyong'o Meets With J.J. Abrams for 'Star Wars: Episode VII'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lupita-nyongo-meets-jj-abrams-688787

There's alread the set quota of Black people in that galaxy far far away, why is Abrams trying to stir it up.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Will be set 30 years after RotJ.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-vii-7-30-years-after-return-jedi/

not surprising, they are prolly taking aspects from the NJO novels

Tzeentch
I could see IMDB totally losing their minds if she was cast.

Robtard
IMDB is full of idiots. Remember when TDK came out and it topped #1 for a bit; people started saying it was "The Best Movie Ever Made" cos of it.

COG Veteran
IMDB is full of idiots. Remember when TDK came out and it topped #1 for a bit; people started saying it was "The Best Movie Ever Made" cos of it.
That spot belongs to Gangs of New York thumbsup

Mindset
There's alread the set quota of Black people in that galaxy far far away, why is Abrams trying to stir it up. Hopefully, they use an all black cast.

Robtard
Racist

Kazenji
The black jedi order.

marwash22
I could see IMDB totally losing their minds if she was cast. i would be interested to know why'd they object. I mean, unless they cast her as Luke's daughter, i don't know what the possible issue would be.

marwash22
There's alread the set quota of Black people in that galaxy far far away, why is Abrams trying to stir it up. were there any black people besides Mace and Lando... and the disembodied voice of James Earl Jones?

not a whole lot of diversity period. The Future is white, my friends.

Firefly218
Jar Jar?

marwash22
Jar Jar? phuck no. we're not claiming that piece of shit character.

Jar Jar is Arab.

Kazenji
were there any black people besides Mace and Lando... and the disembodied voice of James Earl Jones?

not a whole lot of diversity period. The Future is white, my friends.

Unless you count the EU then there's more those that.

Stealth Moose
Possibly inbred actor Adam Driver is in final negotiations to play the villain.

DARTH POWER
Possibly inbred actor Adam Driver is in final negotiations to play the villain.

LOL, I'm telling you he'll be Luke and Leia's kid.

Stealth Moose
http://nme.assets.ipccdn.co.uk/images/gallery/2013AdamDriverPA-17767638111113.jpg

http://www.themagazine.ca/cms/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/luke_skywalker_and_princess_leia.jpg

Looks legit. In the words of Nick Frost, that guy is ****-ugly.

BruceSkywalker
LOL, I'm telling you he'll be Luke and Leia's kid.

i hope not.. dude cannot act and he always looks like he is high on crack and/or heroin

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i hope not.. dude cannot act and he always looks like he is high on crack and/or heroin

Don't you get it? Luke AND Leia's kid... Leading His Inbred look..

BruceSkywalker
Don't you get it? Luke AND Leia's kid... Leading His Inbred look..

oh i get it

Firefly218
Star Wars to prob shoot in Iceland

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/blogs/iceland-to-serve-as-backdrop-for-star-wars-7

Lord Lucien
The f*ck? They're actually using locations to shoot these movies? What are they gonna do with all of George's computers?

Robtard
LoL, computers, that's so 2011.

Lord Lucien
What's the new thing all the kids are using these days? Something about clouds? Do we Google the internets on clouds now?

Robtard
Glasses made out of clouds

MarvelMan02
Disney did great with Marvel. Lets hope Star Wars gets the same professional treatment.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MarvelMan02
Disney did great with Marvel. Lets hope Star Wars gets the same professional treatment. JJ is on it. Look what he did with the awful Star Trek franchise.

Kazenji
Awful Star Trek franchise....that's debatable.

Mindset
Originally posted by quanchi112
JJ is on it. Look what he did with the awful Star Trek franchise. Yea, especially the new Khan.

He was terrible, amirite?

Lord Lucien
Yeah the new Khan was the single worst part of the entire new Star Trek. Absolutely everything else in the films were perfect, it was just Khan that brought the whole thing down. What an immensely awful character.

Stealth Moose
Awful Star Trek franchise....that's debatable.

The difference is that Quan doesn't want to shag the old Khan.

Solo
I have high hopes for this movie. I am not sure how to feel about Adam Driver playing the villain...

quanchi112
Awful Star Trek franchise....that's debatable. People are free to like the old. I will continue to laugh.

Originally posted by Mindset
Yea, especially the new Khan.

He was terrible, amirite? Everything pre Abrams was awful. Everything post Abrams was amazing. There's a reason the Star Wars universe fears Abrams Khan.

DARTH POWER
There's a reason the Star Wars universe fears Abrams Khan.

Lol Sherlock Khan is a joke to Star Wars. Darth Vader and the Emperor are the real villains of sci-fi mythology.

The original Khan however is at least memorable. Sherlock Khan couldn't even get the accent right. Lame.

quanchi112
Lol Sherlock Khan is a joke to Star Wars. Darth Vader and the Emperor are the real villains of sci-fi mythology.

The original Khan however is at least memorable. Sherlock Khan couldn't even get the accent right. Lame. False. This Khan took on the Federation whereas Emperor hid behind an army and Vader would force choke people behind a screen. No comparison to Khan.

Firefly218
I thought Sherlock Khan was awesome. This is no bias considering I've never seen Sherlock.

Vader and the emperor are cultural icons. No comparison here

Robtard
False. This Khan took on the Federation whereas Emperor hid behind an army and Vader would force choke people behind a screen. No comparison to Khan.

Someone didn't pay attention during ST:ID. Khan's plan was to run away with his crew from the Federation, not engage in a single-ship war with them.

quanchi112
Someone didn't pay attention during ST:ID. Khan's plan was to run away with his crew from the Federation, not engage in a single-ship war with them. He is intelligent he isn't going to take them all on by himself. He leveled the Federation and survived the film.

His crew is still alive as well. Emperor died despite having a galactic army at his disposal. laughing out loud

Robtard
Are you really going to compare Palpatine setting himself up as head of a galactic empire to Khan's crashing of a ship? Of course you are, cos you're a rediculous person.

quanchi112
Are you really going to compare Palpatine setting himself up as head of a galactic empire to Khan's crashing of a ship? Of course you are, cos you're a rediculous person. Palpatine was lucky. Mace had crushed him. Anakin showed up and saved his life. Then in a calculated move to win over Luke he is killed by Vader making himself vulnerable.

He was cowardly and hid behind others. Khan defected and attacked by himself. Simply courageous.

Lord Lucien
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/29288433.jpg

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yeah the new Khan was the single worst part of the entire new Star Trek. Absolutely everything else in the films were perfect, it was just Khan that brought the whole thing down. What an immensely awful character.

IF Kirk would had been killed the film would had been perfect.

Firefly218
http://www.movieviral.com/2014/04/01/exclusive-nathan-fillion-in-talks-for-star-wars-episode-7/

Nathan Fillion in talks for Star Wars? This is either a bad April Fools day joke or the best news I've heard all year

Robtard
Has Disney imposed some 'must hire old fat out of shape actors' quota?

Firefly218

Fillion is only 43, and with a trainer can get back into shape pretty quick. It's people like you who screw up the casting process. Acting ability takes precedence over appearance. I would much rather have Fillion in star wars than your personal man crush. I bet you want Channing Tatum in star wars don't you no

Robtard
Someone had a meltdown.

Firefly218
Someone had a meltdown.

I now officially dislike you

Robtard
To be fair, I did not know Fillion was only 43, he looks closer to 53, but years of drinking and a bad diet will do that.

We're already going to have an old fat Jedi with Luke returning, do we really need a looks old fat Sith? Think about it.

Firefly218
Judging off of firefly, Fillion can definitely play Han solo esque badass. With movie magic and a good trainer the appearance shouldn't detract.

Robtard
I'm just busting your balls cos I know you man-crush the guy. He's a decent actor and I'd be happy if he was cast. Not a smuggler though, that would be silly for obvious reasons.

ares834
http://www.movieviral.com/2014/04/01/exclusive-nathan-fillion-in-talks-for-star-wars-episode-7/

Nathan Fillion in talks for Star Wars? This is either a bad April Fools day joke or the best news I've heard all year

Definitely an April Fools joke. A quick search shows that it's the only site running the story.

laughing out loud

Firefly218
I'm just busting your balls cos I know you man-crush the guy. He's a decent actor and I'd be happy if he was cast. Not a smuggler though, that would be silly for obvious reasons.

No homo, but Nathan Fillion is definitely on my list. The girlfriend's fine with it big grin

starmovie
This movie projector?

Firefly218
http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/295082

Casting is complete and shooting began. No announcements?

dadudemon
Peter Mayhew is reprising his role as mother ****in' Chewbacca.

Kazenji
Don't **** this up JJ.

Tzeentch
Finally get to realize my dream of seeing Chewie get crushed by a moon on the big screen.

IN 3-D!!!!!!!!!!!

Stealth Moose
Finally get to realize my dream of seeing Chewie get crushed by a moon on the big screen.

IN 3-D!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if only he can take Jar-Jar and the ewoks with him.

Robtard

IN 3-D!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILUURZ!!!!1!

Jim Colyer
I've seen the first 6. I guess I'll see the next 3. This could go on forever. (sigh)

Robtard
Originally posted by Jim Colyer
I've seen the first 6. I guess I'll see the next 3. This could go on forever. (sigh)

You should write a Blues song about it.

BruceSkywalker
don't worry about chewie he dies undoubtedly

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>