Superman vs. Dream Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
Kal El

Vs.

Iron Man
Reed Richards in fantastic four
Batman
Dr. Doom
Hank Pym
Lex Luthor
One thousand Ultron bots

Superman is going all out (CIS off), 20 second prep

Dream Team gets 6 months prep and is also going all out

Fight is on indestructible planet

No BFR

Firefly218
Originally posted by Firefly218
Kal El

Vs.

Iron Man
Batman
Dr. Doom
Hank Pym
Lex Luthor
One thousand Ultron bots

Superman is going all phucking out (CIS off) and is extremely pissed off, 20 second prep

No BFR

red sabre
i see what you did there but dont worry. lex luthor tells everybody about supermans weakness to kryptonite so they get some kryptonite and think they won.
but since you gave sups 20 seconds of prep, he knows that lex is on their team therefor he will use those 20 seconds to fly straight to batman in lightspeed, ask him where is the anti kryptonite suit he once made for superman, fly to the batcave suit up and come to the fight with the anti kryptonite suit.
the team is going to die a very painful death.

DarkSaint85
Team wins.

We can play this out with red sabre in the role of Superman, and we see already what he will do.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by red sabre
i see what you did there but dont worry. lex luthor tells everybody about supermans weakness to kryptonite so they get some kryptonite and think they won.
but since you gave sups 20 seconds of prep, he knows that lex is on their team therefor he will use those 20 seconds to fly straight to batman in lightspeed, ask him where is the anti kryptonite suit he once made for superman, fly to the batcave suit up and come to the fight with the anti kryptonite suit.
the team is going to die a very painful death. you do realize Batman is on the "dream team" right?

DarkSaint85
Kal: 'Bruce, I need the suit!'
Bruce: 'Told you guys he'll be here'.
Boom. End of story.

'

Caps Conscience
Spite

Digi

Dream Team gets 6 months prep

no expression

Firefly218
Supes is not holding back

D-Block
Team

Digi
Supes is not holding back

And? It's Reed with 6 months prep. With Lex/Batman to provide him with information. Superman is screwed 9 ways from Sunday. And that's not even factoring the others in, which just make this a silly stomp.

DarkSaint85
The team win so hard, abhi is staying out of this thread.

That alone says all you need to know.

carver9
Terrible thread. By far the worst thread of the year minus the one Darksaint made yesterday.

DarkSaint85
Which one did I make?

The 'which race is better' thread was cleared by Bada, who wanted a race war between mammals.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Which one did I make?

The 'which race is better' thread was cleared by Bada, who wanted a race war between mammals.

laughing

h1a8
Team wins. This is a clear stomp.
Why have Reed, Batman, and Luthor? Wtf? And 6 months prep? That's a long time.

abhilegend
srsly

Caps Conscience
The would literally have time to debate how many different ways they could kill supes. Shit they could go back in time kidnap him and raise him to be their stooge.

Silent Master
Team wins.

DarkSaint85
Bruce tells them who Clark Kent is.
They go after the Kents, and send them to another location (I vote for a mystical realm, where magic rules and the laws of physics don't apply).
It's a trap, of course, but Clark doesn't know the details.
Doom is waiting for him.

THE END.

My initial plan was using the processing power of the Ultrons to figure out who Superman was, utilising CCTV footage etc and facial recognition. Yes, abhi, I know Superman disguises himself with slouching etc, but you cannot hide bone structure so easily. White Caucasian males, with blue eyes and dark hair, aged 25-40, over 5"8? Can't be that many in the world.

In the US, there are 30 million Americans who are in that age range. From his speech patterns and vocabulary, that indicates an educational level of at least some college. That gives 6.4 million White males in that age range.

It wouldn't take long to link Superman with the Daily Planet, and Clark Kent. From there, it's a short deductive hop to grab the Kents.

Of course, they could just ask Batman.

red sabre
Originally posted by pym-ftw
you do realize Batman is on the "dream team" right?

didnt notice Lol. In that case nothing superman can do to prevent this stomp.

DarkSaint85
Batman doesn't make or break the team. The others do.

red sabre
Batman doesn't make or break the team. The others do.

you know i think i am beginning to understand the intentions of the thread starter.
if superman is not holding back and basically doesnt give a crap then he knows all odds are against him.
superman fly to the space and eaither blast the whole planet with hit vision or charge and physically destroy the planet. in any case the team will die along with the planet superman wins.

DarkSaint85
you know i think i am beginning to understand the intentions of the thread starter.
if superman is not holding back and basically doesnt give a crap then he knows all odds are against him.
superman fly to the space and eaither blast the whole planet with hit vision or charge and physically destroy the planet. in any case the team will die along with the planet superman wins.

And kill his own parents? Not to mention, with Pym there, they can shrink themselves out of the exploding planet.

red sabre
And kill his own parents? Not to mention, with Pym there, they can shrink themselves out of the exploding planet.

well if he is not holding back and doesnt give a crap ....

they wont have time to react and there wont be any planet left just space.

by the way i ate a whole 300 grams of strawberry cookies.

DarkSaint85
well if he is not holding back and doesnt give a crap ....

they wont have time to react and there wont be any planet left just space.

by the way i ate a whole 300 grams of strawberry cookies.

Not holding back/doesn't give a crap=/= he suddenly turns into Ultraman. Heck, even Ultraman cares for SuperLois.

Yes they will. They have had 6 months to prep for this very eventuality.

And you don't really know what Pym can do with his shrinking, can you?

And then of course, there is the magical aspect from Doom, and whatever Reed decides to build that morning. How about a spell that kicks in as soon as Superman starts thinking about harming the team?

Superman loses, really hard. People should stop thinking its personal when their fav character loses.

red sabre
Not holding back/doesn't give a crap=/= he suddenly turns into Ultraman. Heck, even Ultraman cares for SuperLois.

Yes they will. They have had 6 months to prep for this very eventuality.

And you don't really know what Pym can do with his shrinking, can you?

And then of course, there is the magical aspect from Doom, and whatever Reed decides to build that morning. How about a spell that kicks in as soon as Superman starts thinking about harming the team?

Superman loses, really hard. People should stop thinking its personal when their fav character loses.

you sure came into this with an agenda.
i just gave a scenario where superman can and will win and he will win in this case. face it nothing they can plan or think off will save their ass if superman just blows the planet to pieces. they wont even think that he might do something like that. superman wins in his scenario they die.

Diesldude
Superman Loses. sad

he can fly into space and super heat the planet to destroy any traces of krytonite but he doesn't kill. Killing is the only way for him to win if the other team has Mr. Fantastic, Lex, Doom and The Batman with 6 months of prep.

DarkSaint85
you sure came into this with an agenda.
i just gave a scenario where superman can and will win and he will win in this case. face it nothing they can plan or think off will save their ass if superman just blows the planet to pieces. they wont even think that he might do something like that. superman wins in his scenario they die.

Erm, the agenda was...to present what I thought would happen.

Why wouldn't they think he'd do that? Luthor/Batman might not, because they know him.

Doom/Reed/Pym/Stark don't know him. They are paranoid people who have plans for everything, and are willing to betray their own friends (Ragnarok, created by Stark/Pym/Reed being a prime example).

Ultron is a robot who desires to kill all life. He doesn't really understand human impulses and emotions. If anything, destroying the planet is one of the first things he will think of.

If Superman destroys the planet, he loses. HARD. As the OP has stated, the fight takes place on an INDESTRUCTIBLE planet. GG.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Diesldude
Superman Loses. sad

he can fly into space and super heat the planet to destroy any traces of krytonite but he doesn't kill. Killing is the only way for him to win if the other team has Mr. Fantastic, Lex, Doom and The Batman with 6 months of prep.

They don't need K-nite to win.

Firefly218
Supes is not holding back. At all.

I don't think it's a stomp.

DarkSaint85
Supes is not holding back. At all.

I don't think it's a stomp.

With 6 months prep, they find out his secret identity. Hell, they don't even need it; Bruce will tell them.

They go after the Kents, Lois, Jimmy, Perry, Lana, Pete, Emil, everyone.

If he doesn't forfeit the fight, they will suffer.

What would Superman do in 20 seconds?

Bear in mind, he will not know where they are. They could be in the past; they could be in the future; in the Negative Zone; in the Microverse; shrunk down in Batman's utility belt; in the Zeno Room.

Rao Kal El

What would Superman do in 20 seconds?

Get his miracle machine evil face

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Get his miracle machine evil face

Does he still have it, then? I know he can't make a new one anymore.

Rao Kal El
Does he still have it, then? I know he can't make a new one anymore.

I will assume he still has it as Miracle machines do not get destroyed after the first use.

but it was never shown after the final crisis arc. Just as a lot of Reed Richard's devices are never shown in other comics but We assume He still has them.

DarkSaint85
I will assume he still has it as Miracle machines do not get destroyed after the first use.

but it was never shown after the final crisis arc. Just as a lot of Reed Richards are never shown in other comics but We assume He still has them.

Fair enough. I guess he could get the Miracle Machine.

Until he finds out his storage box marked 'Miracle Machine! Do not touch until Morrison says so!' is empty and filled with packing peanuts.

Damn Bats has stolen it.

Utrigita
Dream Team ftw. When Reed has a entropy gun designed to destroy Celestials lying in a closet, giving him six months of prep with Doom, Luthor, Stark and Pym... It's going to get ugly really fast.

red sabre
Erm, the agenda was...to present what I thought would happen.

Why wouldn't they think he'd do that? Luthor/Batman might not, because they know him.

Doom/Reed/Pym/Stark don't know him. They are paranoid people who have plans for everything, and are willing to betray their own friends (Ragnarok, created by Stark/Pym/Reed being a prime example).

Ultron is a robot who desires to kill all life. He doesn't really understand human impulses and emotions. If anything, destroying the planet is one of the first things he will think of.

If Superman destroys the planet, he loses. HARD. As the OP has stated, the fight takes place on an INDESTRUCTIBLE planet. GG.

because they cant do anything if he will decide to simply blow up the whole planet. but yeah the OP mentioned its indestructable planet so aside of that he is doomed.

carver9
Is Superman aware of who he is fighting and how smart these people are.?

DarkSaint85
I mean, it's a credit to these mere humans, (Stark/Pym/Reed/Doom/Bruce) that Superman, for all his powers and smarts, has to destroy the planet to even have a chance.

Decimus
To be honest they are comic humans and do not have any significant similarities to real humans whatsoever than appearance and common language. Their durability/strength is superior, magic exists and is controlled by them and their intelligence is greater than any force except when it is shut off for plot or vice versa. The irony here (and it is staggering) is comic humans share more in common with superman than any one that can ever be a real human. Their humanity is the largest joke hiding in plain sight in all of comics much like superman's identity.

All the characters mentioned i have the highest respect for btw...

Tony Stark
Kal El

Vs.

Iron Man
Batman
Dr. Doom
Hank Pym
Lex Luthor
One thousand Ultron bots

No BFR

no expression

Minutes from being CLOSED

Supra
Kal El

Vs.

Iron Man
Batman
Dr. Doom
Hank Pym
Lex Luthor
One thousand Ultron bots

No BFR

Spite

ToughMind
Team easily.

Diesldude
Can anyone on this team react to superman going all out?

its like taxes, you know the time is coming but can you do anything about it?

Terryc250
the team wins even with 2 days of prep.

With that much time for prep, the team would probably be more worried about Doom backstabbing them, than about Supes.

h1a8
Well if CIS is off then Superman can win by using his speed and reflexes. A second to Supes is like several Months if not years.

The only way the team can win is if
1. They have adamantium or indestructible armor or start the fight protected under some indestructible shield or haven.

Without that they are screwed since Superman can become intangible and not be touched while he sees them motionless and figures out a way to kill them.

h1a8
Originally posted by Decimus
To be honest they are comic humans and do not have any significant similarities to real humans whatsoever than appearance and common language. Their durability/strength is superior, magic exists and is controlled by them and their intelligence is greater than any force except when it is shut off for plot or vice versa. The irony here (and it is staggering) is comic humans share more in common with superman than any one that can ever be a real human. Their humanity is the largest joke hiding in plain sight in all of comics much like superman's identity.

All the characters mentioned i have the highest respect for btw... thumb up
I seen countless times a very powerful being blasted away humans ( hawkeye, batman, jubilee, etc) along with the power houses with all members being laid out but alive. How can Dark Phoenix, Ultron, Kang, etc not disintegrate the humans after blasting them?

Firefly218
Originally posted by h1a8
Well if CIS is off then Superman can win by using his speed and reflexes. A second to Supes is like several Months if not years.

1. They have adamantium or indestructible armor or start the fight protected under some indestructible shield or haven.

Without that they are screwed since Superman can become intangible and not be touched while he sees them motionless and figures out a way to kill them.

Yes, CIS is off.

The point of this thread, for me, was to gauge public perception of supes going all out (without CIS).

It is clear, given staggering odds, full throttle supes isn't as powerful as I thought he was. I never really read very many supes comics ~ usually spidey, xmen, ff and avengers for me smile

h1a8
Yes, CIS is off.

The point of this thread, for me, was to gauge public perception of supes going all out (without CIS).

It is clear, given staggering odds, full throttle supes isn't as powerful as I thought he was. I never really read very many supes comics ~ usually spidey, xmen, ff and avengers for me smile he is more powerful than you think he is.

1. Imagine more than 50 earth weights of strength (1 earth weight of force is more than enough to one shot a planet),
2. nanosecond reflexes (1 second is like over 300 years),
3. Ftl speed (can do trillions of things to each one before one neuron fires in their brain),
4. hotter than core of stars hv (can cut through or disintegrate almost anything)
5. Potent freeze breath (can halt heralds for moments and reach close to absolute zero temperatures for instant destruction of almost any material)
6. Ungodly breath (can blow away tanks like they are dust)
7. Intangibility (can become untouchable)
8. Ungodly durability (can tank stellar shit)

JBL
he is more powerful than you think he is.

1. Imagine more than 50 earth weights of strength (1 earth weight of force is more than enough to one shot a planet),
2. nanosecond reflexes (1 second is like over 300 years),
3. Ftl speed (can do trillions of things to each one before one neuron fires in their brain),
4. hotter than core of stars hv (can cut through or disintegrate almost anything)
5. Potent freeze breath (can halt heralds for moments and reach close to absolute zero temperatures for instant destruction of almost any material)
6. Ungodly breath (can blow away tanks like they are dust)
7. Intangibility (can become untouchable)
8. Ungodly durability (can tank stellar shit) Your pants should be well lit with fire by now my friend. LOL, i could not resist h1a8, dont take it the wrong way..lol

zeel
Originally posted by Diesldude
Superman Loses. sad

thumb up this man knows his shit

Bentley
Team loses because Doom and Luthor disable the countermeasures the others prepared to do a dick measuring context. Superman easily plows through Doom's and Luthor's ill conceived attempt to beat him and wins.

Brockalizer
Team wins. Bruce tells them about the speed force. Using tech from their various labs Bruce, Pym, and Doom remodel the 1000 Ultrons and turn them into 1000 Amazos with Flash, Hulk, Sentry, Dr Doom, and FF4 powers

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Team wins. Bruce tells them about the speed force. Using tech from their various labs Bruce, Pym, and Doom remodel the 1000 Ultrons and turn them into 1000 Amazos with Flash, Hulk, Sentry, and FF4 powers

This.

Also, all of Superman's speed counts for naught onceyou jhave magic in the mix.

Doom could prep a spell that kicks in the EXACT INSTANCE the match starts. Magic being what it is, the wording will of course be important.

No matter how fast Superman is, he can't do a thing if an auto spell kicks in as soon as it starts.

It could be something simple.

As soon as the match starts, beam this message into Superman's head:

'Clark, this is Bruce. We have your parents. Forfeit the fight, and stand down. You know me. You know Luthor. You don't know what the others are capable of. Stand down'.

Clark loses.

CIS off, doesn't turn him into someone who will willingly sacrifice his parents.

Rao Kal El
Yes, CIS is off.

It is clear, given staggering odds, full throttle supes isn't as powerful as I thought he was. I never really read very many supes comics ~ usually spidey, xmen, ff and avengers for me smile

And to see if He was not as "powerful" as you thought you pit him against characters that basically are walking plots based on intelligence

Iron Man
Batman
Dr. Doom
Hank Pym
Lex Luthor
One thousand Ultron bots

And then to make sure He could not win you set up the stage to his disadvantage with only "20 second prep for Superman and 6 months prep and CIS off for team. Fight is on indestructible planet and No BFR"

Yes I see your point, of course Superman is not that powerful

You make me lol so hard this time bro and I don't know if everybody else notice but under this stips it will be really hard for someone to win

DarkSaint85
And to see if He was not as "powerful" as you thought you pit him against characters that basically are walking plots based on intelligence

And then to make sure He could not win you set up the stage to his disadvantage with only "20 second prep for Superman and 6 months prep and CIS off for team. Fight is on indestructible planet and No BFR"

Yes I see your point, of course Superman is not that powerful

You make me lol so hard this time bro and I don't know if everybody else notice but under this stips it will be really hard for someone to win

Not just walking intelligence plot devices...but two of whom know his weaknesses (Luthor) and secrets (Batman).

Tony Stark

Yeah, nobodies dealt with a FTL guy in MARVEL before.. Pfffft

Lex has already beaten Superman solo before numerous times. And with that being said with prep Reed could, Tony could and Doom could.

Brockalizer
Team wins. Bruce tells them about the speed force. Using tech from their various labs Bruce, Pym, and Doom remodel the 1000 Ultrons and turn them into 1000 Amazos with Flash, Hulk, Sentry, Dr Doom, and FF4 powers On second thought, add Thor to the mix and have Doom cast a spell to hide their army from Superman's view. Then when the fight starts Superman get pummeled with hundreds of thousands of Mjolnir strikes with strength of Thor, Hulk, and Superman himself behind them, in less than a second.

Brockalizer
If they didn't want to go that route Bruce could tell them about the speed force and Superman would be faced with a Reed that could IMP from multiple directions simultaneously and a Doom capable of casting thousands of spells per second. Program the Ultrons to have to harness the speed force and Superman is in for a very bad day.

h1a8
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Yeah, nobodies dealt with a FTL guy in MARVEL before.. Pfffft

Lex has already beaten Superman solo before numerous times. And with that being said with prep Reed could, Tony could and Doom could. What do comics have to do with a CIS off forum battle? I'm pretty sure Superman wasn't operating at Ftl speeds, wasn't willing to kill, and seeing a second as over 300 years when he faced Luthor.

Again they have to start very protected when the bell rings, otherwise they are dead in a few nanoseconds.

Brockalizer
What do comics have to do with a CIS off forum battle? I'm pretty sure Superman wasn't operating at Ftl speeds, wasn't willing to kill, and seeing a second as over 300 years when he faced Luthor.

Again they have to start very protected when the bell rings, otherwise they are dead in a few nanoseconds. My "Amazo" strategy is more than enough protection. Superman will die.

h1a8
My "Amazo" strategy is more than enough protection. Superman will die. I agree. Never disagreed. I basically was saying that the team need some kind of protection or cover before the bell rings. The amazos can provide that.

But I have a question. Does a prep battle negate the standard equipment rule?
Cause it doesn't negate the outside help rule, according to mods.

Brockalizer
I agree. Never disagreed. I basically was saying that the team need some kind of protection or cover before the bell rings. The amazos can provide that.

But I have a question. Does a prep battle negate the standard equipment rule?
Cause it doesn't negate the outside help rule, according to mods. The no outside help rule shouldn't apply. Technically they wouldn't be bringing in outside help. They would be using their combined resources, knowledge and be making an upgrade or improvement on an existing asset.

h1a8
The no outside help rule shouldn't apply. Technically they wouldn't be bringing in outside help. They would be using their combined resources, knowledge and be making an upgrade or improvement on an existing asset. so bringing in big items that's not standard equipment (like amazos) is fair game?

Brockalizer
so bringing in big items that's not standard equipment (like amazos) is fair game? They aren't bringing in the actual Amazo, that's the point. They are just using their prep to to upgrade existing resources using information provided by a teammate as the template.

DarkSaint85
My strategy would also negate a CIS off Supes.

Don't forget, Bruce, on his lonesome, built and developed Brother Eye.....

Brockalizer
My strategy would also negate a CIS off Supes.

Don't forget, Bruce, on his lonesome, built and developed Brother Eye..... and OMAC

abhilegend
Why is this still open? Its spite against Superman.

srsly

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend

srsly clearly it's because we like seeing superman get stomped into the ground.

abhilegend
We do?

Rao Kal El
Supes get the miracle machine and defeats team, now if we are done discussing all of our strategies, it has been an honor to think so highly of superman and get him vs a team and stips that not many will defeat specially no herald.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by abhilegend

srsly Want some cheese with your wine?

DarkSaint85
Its an honour for humankind that they can defeat this so called 'Superman'.

He tries to get the miracle machine, only to find in his 6 months prep Wayne stole it.

abhilegend
Want some cheese with your wine?
Wut? You think I'm upset that a team consisting of Lex, Bruce, Reed and Doom can beat Superman with 6 months of prep? Dear god.

Rao Kal El
Its an honour for humankind that they can defeat this so called 'Superman'.

He tries to get the miracle machine, only to find in his 6 months prep Wayne stole it.

In 19 seconds superman finds it again wink

red sabre
it just would take Batman or Lex combined with doom actually. Bruce or Lex tell doom about superman weakness to magic. doom does the rest.

Brockalizer
In 19 seconds superman finds it again wink Not if it's dismantled or in the N-Zone.

Rao Kal El
Not if it's dismantled or in the N-Zone.

Travels via phantom zone, before it get's stolen by Batman (assuming Batman was able to steal it) stick out tongue

Brockalizer
Travels via phantom zone, before it get's stolen by Batman (assuming Batman was able to steal it) stick out tongue Phantom zone isn't linked to the N-Zone so it wouldn't work. Unless Bruce is stupid enough to wait until 20 seconds before the battle starts to try and go after it Superman wouldn't realize it's gone before it's too late.
Or they could steal the miracle machine, Reed, and Pym copy its design, Doom cloaks it with a spell, they sabotage the original in some way and then put it back before Superman knows its gone.

Brockalizer
In 19 seconds superman finds it again wink I'd argue that Clark's 20 seconds of prep would be inconsequential. More than likely he'd spend the whole time playing"What if Bruce already thought of that?"

DarkSaint85
Travels via phantom zone, before it get's stolen by Batman (assuming Batman was able to steal it) stick out tongue

Or sent into the Microverse.

Or hidden in the past.

Or the future.

Or in the Zeno Room.

chipguy_okay
Prep-time makes it obvious which sides wins. But take out that prep and Superman would throw the planet out of orbit killing all of them.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by chipguy_okay
Prep-time makes it obvious which sides wins. But take out that prep and Superman would throw the planet out of orbit killing all of them.

He does this in character, now?

And scans of him able to throw planets out of orbit?

Besides, it wouldn't kill them.

Brockalizer
He does this in character, now?

And scans of him able to throw planets out of orbit?

Besides, it wouldn't kill them. Actually it would. Maybe not immediately, but eventually they'd freeze or fry depending on which way it was pushed.

DarkSaint85
Actually it would. Maybe not immediately, but eventually they'd freeze or fry depending on which way it was pushed.

Nah. As long as its not immediate death:

They could escape to the Microverse. Pym can use his doors to escape anywhere he wants to. Or hide them out in Underspace, in the Infinite Avengers Mansion.

Doom can magic up a spell to send them somewhere else.

If they've prepped properly, Reed can take them to the N-Zone (like he's done with the panic room of the Baxter Building).

Time travel, as always.

Prep, with these guys, means thinking of every eventuality. I've spent about 2/3 minutes thinking these up, they would've had 6 months.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.