Namor vs Captain America/Spider-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
How do the duo fare here?

No BFR

Digi
In a comic, they'd be ok. Heck, at least Spidey already has fought Namor a couple of times and done just fine (though not without some help from plot devices in one of their encounters).

On the forums, it's a different story. Subby should tag & bag Cap pretty quickly, and Pete would only hold out for so long before being beaten to a pulp.

In a comic, Namor 6/10; forum setting, Namor 9/10. Pete getting in some strikes with Cap's shield is the only thing that would truly harm Namor, so that's why I leave in the 1/10 possibility.

namorsubby
Namor beats the shit out of them. I have spoken.

End thread.

h1a8
Spidey can slow down Namor with webbing so that cap can bash his head in with the sharp part of the shield. Web to the eyes works wonders. This gives the team a fighting chance. If cap goes down then Spidey grabs the shield.

Spidey at his best is strong enough to hurt Namor with his blows. It would take a long time though. He can keep webbing his face, dodging or blocking with caps shield. Add in some shield bashes and Spidey has a chance.

I say team 4/10

zopzop
Team with a lot of difficulty but they'll do it.

abhilegend
No, they wouldn't.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
No, they wouldn't.
Oh yeah they would.

Digi
Welp, this thread has taken a turn for worse. Can we all agree that my initial contribution was the best, and co-sign it before forgetting about this thread?

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Digi
Welp, this thread has taken a turn for worse. Can we all agree that my initial contribution was the best, and co-sign it before forgetting about this thread?

lol pretty much.

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
Oh yeah they would.
Nope.

CatL18
Namor will win.

Caps Conscience
Team

abhilegend
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Team http://i.imgur.com/vxVdcaL.jpg

DarkSaint85
Namor's stock is crazy on this board.

On the one hand, you have threads with him fighting Captain Marvel, Red Hulk, Thor.

Then you have threads with him fighting Black Panther (no prep) and this.

Digi
You know how when Abhi says Superman loses, that's the end of the real debate? I realize my credentials aren't so - ahem - notorious. But I made Spidey's first (and 2nd) respect thread, and won a tourney with him on the roster.

Namor wins this. There's a faint chance, with some epic use of webbing, shield, luck, possible plot devices (in a comic), etc., that they could pull it off. But we're dealing with likelihoods, not faint possibilities. It would take him some time to win...Cap and Spidey aren't dumb, nor easy outs in this context. But their defeat - especially in a forum setting - is pretty inevitable. If you have other information, let's hear it.

Abhi's utter dismissal of the other side is a bit much, but his conclusion is sound in this case. But if bickering one-word responses get you guys off, by all means, don't let me stop you.

DarkSaint85
You know how when Abhi says Superman loses, that's the end of the real debate? I realize my credentials aren't so - ahem - notorious. But I made Spidey's first (and 2nd) respect thread, and won a tourney with him on the roster.

Namor wins this. There's a faint chance, with some epic use of webbing, shield, luck, possible plot devices (in a comic), etc., that they could pull it off. But we're dealing with likelihoods, not faint possibilities.

Abhi's utter dismissal of the other side is a bit much, but his conclusion is sound in this case. But if bickering one-word responses get you guys off, by all means, don't let me stop you.

Nope.

Digi
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nope.

shakefist

carver9

Namor wins this. There's a faint chance, with some epic use of webbing, shield, luck, possible plot devices (in a comic), etc., that they could pull it off. But we're dealing with likelihoods, not faint possibilities. It would take him some time to win...Cap and Spidey aren't dumb, nor easy outs in this context. But their defeat - especially in a forum setting - is pretty inevitable. If you have other information, let's hear it.

This

h1a8
Namor's stock is crazy on this board.

On the one hand, you have threads with him fighting Captain Marvel, Red Hulk, Thor.

Then you have threads with him fighting Black Panther (no prep) and this. Namor can't beat any of those guys. He can't beat any top tier really. He is around Thing's level tbh. Characters are sometimes written up to fight certain characters or written down (depends on how you look at it). That's why we need feats against nature to be our basis of who is written up or down.

Most consider Namor at his best in a forum setting and only Spidey's average. This isn't fair to Spidey. TBH Namor's average is somewhere around Thing's level (Colossus level). He's just a little faster and more mobile.

Spidey with the shield can give Namor one hell of a fight alone. He's faster, has better reflexes, and has the pre-cog SS. Spidey can literally block almost all of Namor's attacks with the shield (or dodge them). He can counter with some serious blows himself. Strength isn't everything. Defense, speed, skill, and smarts also matter.

A shield bash to Namor's head would do some damage. It won't ko him or anything but it will do something. Several of those could possibly turn the tables.

Finally, I'm of the unpopular opinion that Spidey can do well against Namor (without the shield). I value his speed, SS, and agility more than Namor's strength and durability. But I'm not going to argue Spidey beats Namor without the shield.

Digi
Originally posted by h1a8
Namor can't beat any of those guys. He can't beat any top tier really. He is around Thing's level tbh. Characters are sometimes written up to fight certain characters or written down (depends on how you look at it). That's why we need feats against nature to be our basis of who is written up or down.

Most consider Namor at his best in a forum setting and only Spidey's average. This isn't fair to Spidey. TBH Namor's average is somewhere around Thing's level (Colossus level). He's just a little faster and more mobile.

Spidey with the shield can give Namor one hell of a fight alone. He's faster, has better reflexes, and has the pre-cog SS. Spidey can literally block almost all of Namor's attacks with the shield (or dodge them). He can counter with some serious blows himself. Strength isn't everything. Defense, speed, skill, and smarts also matter.

A shield bash to Namor's head would do some damage. It won't ko him or anything but it will do something. Several of those could possibly turn the tables.

Finally, I'm of the unpopular opinion that Spidey can do well against Namor (without the shield). I value his speed, SS, and agility more than Namor's strength and durability. But I'm not going to argue Spidey beats Namor without the shield.

Not a bad analysis, but I think you're underestimating the gap in base stats (even if we only assume averages for both). I think their fights in comics were actually fairly well-written. Namor struggled to tag Spidey, but SM struggled to do lasting damage to Namor. And Namor was clearly shown to be the superior...SM needed plot contrivances to level the playing field.

It should also be pointed out that the stat gap is too large for Steve to meaningfully affect the outcome (again, in a forum setting). And SM is only going to be so skilled with Cap's shield...its just as likely Namor takes it and caves in Pete's skull. I think the shield is the wild card here, though, which is why the duo could win occasionally. But not often, or consistently.

tkitna
Namor 9/10 and i'm only giving the team 1 due to luck if Spidey can somehow KO Namor with Caps shield. Probably not though.

Digi
Originally posted by tkitna
Namor 9/10 and i'm only giving the team 1 due to luck if Spidey can somehow KO Namor with Caps shield. Probably not though.

In a comic, they'd be ok. Heck, at least Spidey already has fought Namor a couple of times and done just fine (though not without some help from plot devices in one of their encounters).

On the forums, it's a different story. Subby should tag & bag Cap pretty quickly, and Pete would only hold out for so long before being beaten to a pulp.

In a comic, Namor 6/10; forum setting, Namor 9/10. Pete getting in some strikes with Cap's shield is the only thing that would truly harm Namor, so that's why I leave in the 1/10 possibility.

Can we all agree that my initial contribution was the best, and co-sign it before forgetting about this thread?

fdog

abhilegend
Self-promoting, eh digi?

Digi
Just being an a-hole. I do enough to try to elevate the level of discussion in various threads, so I have to blow off steam somehow.

wink

abhilegend
Just being an a-hole. I do enough to try to elevate the level of discussion in various threads, so I have to blow off steam somehow.

wink
Blow off?

laughing out loud

Digi
Blow off?

laughing out loud

Really? You've never heard the phrase "blow off some steam"? It's an incredibly common colloquialism.

But while we're at it, I also said "hole"

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/850/ssc2.png

namorsubby
Namor can't beat any of those guys. He can't beat any top tier really. He is around Thing's level tbh. Characters are sometimes written up to fight certain characters or written down (depends on how you look at it). That's why we need feats against nature to be our basis of who is written up or down.

He's one shotted a stronger pineapple thing and beat him multiple times. Read more than they're avengers axv appearance.

Namor is many times superior to Spider-Man and he's above thing in strength, durability, speed.....everything. you're low balling him. He has many good fights against marvels elite top teir characters and a few wins. Spider-Man KOing him with caps shield would be somewhat low for Namors durability level. He has speed and agility feats right upo there with Spider-Man so really why would he lose? Your opinion on how posters rank him on kmc is actually the issue of the truth in most cases imo. He has ridiculously low showings against characters such as these so it is understandable

h1a8
Originally posted by namorsubby
He's one shotted a stronger pineapple thing and beat him multiple times. Read more than they're avengers axv appearance.

Namor is many times superior to Spider-Man and he's above thing in strength, durability, speed.....everything. you're low balling him. He has many good fights against marvels elite top teir characters and a few wins. Spider-Man KOing him with caps shield would be somewhat low for Namors durability level. He has speed and agility feats right upo there with Spider-Man so really why would he lose? Your opinion on how posters rank him on kmc is actually the issue of the truth in most cases imo. He has ridiculously low showings against characters such as these so it is understandable Those are high end feats. If that's the case then we should do the same for Spidey. That's only fair. Under normal circumstances namor has always been a match for Thing. Just look at all their fights.

Also do we throw out all the many instances where Cap shield bashed someone with the sharp edge and causing some lasting effects? He has a degree of super speed but Spidey is significantly faster by feats. Plus the SS makes it nearly impossible (in a forum setting) for Namor to land a clean blow, especially considering Spidey with the shield. Spidey can ko Namor with his fists after many blows. He can ko him even faster with the sharp edge of the shield.

Plus it isn't like Namor is going to come close to one shotting Spidey if he luckily tags him. Spidey can take some serious punishment.

The shield gives the team a chance, without it Namor wins all day long.

namorsubby
Namor beating thing is not high end. Stronger, more durable, faster, more versatile.....why should he lose?

Namor has a significant level of superhuman speed/agility. Spider-Man is faster by a hair imo. Namors more than fast enough to land a blow, which could easily be the end of it given his strength level. Spider-Man is Class 10-20 in average. His fists can't KO Namor(Easily Class 100+) and he should be hard pressed to even with caps shield. He's really in a completely different league than either of these guys.

h1a8
Originally posted by namorsubby
Namor beating thing is not high end. Stronger, more durable, faster, more versatile.....why should he lose?

Namor has a significant level of superhuman speed/agility. Spider-Man is faster by a hair imo. Namors more than fast enough to land a blow, which could easily be the end of it given his strength level. Spider-Man is Class 10-20 in average. His fists can't KO Namor(Easily Class 100+) and he should be hard pressed to even with caps shield. He's really in a completely different league than either of these guys. I disagree that Namor is just a hair slower. Look at both their histories and try not to hand pick some instances that suits Namor. You would never see Namor dance effortlessly around the Hulk or Thor.
Spidey feats are phucking unbelievable (like moving his entire body out of the way of a bullet when it is inches from him).

For the sake of argument, let's say that they have the same speed. So don't argue Namor's speed anymore ok. Speed alone won't help Namor hit Spidey. Spidey has pre cog and can sense the attack before Namor throws it. So in a forum setting it will be very difficult for Namor to land a blow with Spidey having the shield and his SS. He could block or dodge almost any attack made by Namor.

Spidey has many class 50 and well beyond feats. Namor just doesn't go around using high class 100+ strength all the time. Look at all the hay makers he threw at lesser beings without killing them. Hell Rhino was able to take punches from him.

I'm just saying, let's be fair to Spidey too, who also has his share of feats of affecting beings well outside his class. The shield will greatly boost his attack power. Please don't ignore all the instances the shield has rocked beings around and beyond Namor's level with only caps strength. Namor can win this but Spidey with the shield has a decent chance.

carver9
Well, Hulk did just overpower Namor with one hand whereas it took both Thor and Hulk to hold Spiderman still.

smile

abhilegend
Really? You've never heard the phrase "blow off some steam"? It's an incredibly common colloquialism.

But while we're at it, I also said "hole"

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/850/ssc2.png
It was just funny for a strange reason at that time.

shrug

SamZED
Originally posted by carver9
Well, Hulk did just overpower Namor with one hand whereas it took both Thor and Hulk to hold Spiderman still.

smile laughing thumb up

h1a8

smile really what comic is this? That's crazy.

Anyway strength has nothing to do with this since Spidey has the ability to ko Namor and has the SS, shield, and reflexes to avoid Namor's attacks. Plus Spidey has webbing to slow Namor down, increasing the speed difference for more hits.

zopzop

smile
ROFLMAO! Did this really happen?

Namor is Thing level. So I don't understand what's so controversial to say that Team takes him for the majority. Spider-man's highs have him taking out beings Thing's level (and beyond), now add in Captain America and his shield........

Daredevil1
Comic book or forum setting is not to much different.

What makes the difference if they are in character or blood lusted. I actually would not be surprised if Cap's record against Namor looks as good or even better then Spidermans vs Namor.

And I wouldn't be suprised if Cap can hurt Namor better with his shield then Spiderman using said "shield". Cap knows how to use it way better, Spiderman not so much. So if anyone want this team to at least have a 1/10 by sheer luck. The great weapon that is the shield needs to stay with the more competent fighter.

abhilegend

Namor is Thing level. So I don't understand what's so controversial to say that Team takes him for the majority. Spider-man's highs have him taking out beings Thing's level (and beyond), now add in Captain America and his shield........
http://i.imgur.com/CbCyxZo.jpg

JayDaDon

smile

You got scans of that first thing you said?

abhilegend
Originally posted by JayDaDon
You got scans of that first thing you said?
It happened in The Order 4 where Hulk overpowered both Surfer and Namor so it was definitely a pissed off Hulk. All spock did was make Thor and Hulk feel his strength, Cap has done it against Thor and Iron man too. It doesn't mean he's suddenly in their strength class. Namor has fought both hulk and thor to a standstill numerous times.

tkitna
fdog

laughing out loud Sorry Digi. I guess I did repeat what you said. I suppose I should read before posting.

carver9

Yeah, it just happened in Indestructible Hulk annual. I am trying to post it in the Hulk thread but my photobucket is acting up. The Spiderman showing happened in an Avengers comic and the both of them (Thor, Hulk) felt him move.

I pmed Rage for some help so that I can post the scans but he isn't responding.

carver9
It happened in The Order 4 where Hulk overpowered both Surfer and Namor so it was definitely a pissed off Hulk. All spock did was make Thor and Hulk feel his strength, Cap has done it against Thor and Iron man too. It doesn't mean he's suddenly in their strength class. Namor has fought both hulk and thor to a standstill numerous times.

Didn't think about that one. I guess it happened twice.

zopzop
Yeah, it just happened in Indestructible Hulk annual. I am trying to post it in the Hulk thread but my photobucket is acting up. The Spiderman showing happened in an Avengers comic and the both of them (Thor, Hulk) felt him move.

Ok gotcha.

And yeah, I PMed him about the Thor/Abomination fight scans but no reply either. Probably has me on ignore. LOL.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Nah.

My bad, I have like 10 unread PM's too lazy. I'll get to it.

Edit: There you go.

abhilegend
Didn't think about that one. I guess it happened twice.
It has happened in Sub-mariner 34 too where Hulk overpowered Namor and Surfer.

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^Nah.

My bad, I have like 10 unread PM's too lazy. I'll get to it.

Edit: There you go.
Woot, thanks!

abhilegend
Here is the most recent fight of Namor against Cap and X-men.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs14.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs15.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs16.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs17.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs18.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs19.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs20.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs21.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs22.jpg

Remember this is a weakened Namor and he still ran a train over everyone there. This is what happened afterwards.

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17741847_namorvs23.jpg http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17741848_namorvs24.jpg http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17741849_namorvs25.jpg

I'm as much a fan of spidey as anybody, but Namor is a different beast altogether.

h1a8
Here is the most recent fight of Namor against Cap and X-men.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs11.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs14.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs15.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs16.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs17.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs18.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs19.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs20.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs21.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/namorvs22.jpg

Remember this is a weakened Namor and he still ran a train over everyone there. This is what happened afterwards.

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17741847_namorvs23.jpg http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17741848_namorvs24.jpg http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/17741849_namorvs25.jpg

I'm as much a fan of spidey as anybody, but Namor is a different beast altogether.

This is a decent showing. But not indicative of how the fight would go with Spidey using the shield. Apples vs. Oranges abc logic. How and why was Namor weakened?

It would be nearly impossible for Spidey to get tagged in a forum setting with his pre cog on and with him having the shield against anyone slower than him.

abhilegend
This is a decent showing. But not indicative of how the fight would go with Spidey using the shield. Apples vs. Oranges abc logic. How and why was Namor weakened?

It would be nearly impossible for Spidey to get tagged in a forum setting with his pre cog on and with him having the shield against anyone slower than him.
Namor was weakened due to being in negative zone and dehydrated.

LOL. Namor would ****ing end spidey.

h1a8

LOL. Namor would ****ing end spidey. can you post pages explaining he was weakened due to being in the negative zone and that he was dehydrated. Because I don't see him acting as he is weakened at all.

Also Explain how Namor will end something he can't hit? Remember this isn't Spidey vs. Namor but Spidey with the shield against Namor. Spidey can block with the shield and counter attack with webbing and the shield to literally hit Namor a bazillion times before Namor luckily lands a blow.

abhilegend
can you post pages explaining he was weakened due to being in the negative zone and that he was dehydrated. Because I don't see him acting as he is weakened at all.

Also Explain how Namor will end something he can't hit? Remember this isn't Spidey vs. Namor but Spidey with the shield against Namor. Spidey can block with the shield and counter attack with webbing and the shield to literally hit Namor a bazillion times before Namor luckily lands a blow.
I don't have the comic right now.

Spidey isn't that fast from Namor. Its arguable he's even as fast as namor.

h1a8

Spidey isn't that fast from Namor. Its arguable he's even as fast as namor. spideys speed feats are far more consistent and greater. In one comic, Spidey managed to get his entire body clear out of the way of a sniper bullet when it was only a few inches away from his body. He regularly dances around Hulk, Thor, etc. where Namor matches their speed. Even cap dodges Namor at times.

Let's assume their speed is equal. Spidey stills has pre cog warning. He would sense Namor's attack before Namor throws it. Spidey without the shield could get tagged but with the shield it is a different story.

abhilegend
spideys speed feats are far more consistent and greater. In one comic, Spidey managed to get his entire body clear out of the way of a sniper bullet when it was only a few inches away from his body. He regularly dances around Hulk, Thor, etc. where Namor matches their speed. Even cap dodges Namor at times.

Let's assume their speed is equal. Spidey stills has pre cog warning. He would sense Namor's attack before Namor throws it. Spidey without the shield could get tagged but with the shield it is a different story.
Oh..... forget it. I'm not getting into a debate with you.

DarkSaint85
Wait so now, in character, Cap is giving Spidey his shield?

Considering Namor has caught missiles in mid air, what's stopping him from catching a shield toss from Cap (which, let's face it, is Cap's opening shot all the time), then using it to batter the other two?

h1a8
Wait so now, in character, Cap is giving Spidey his shield?

Considering Namor has caught missiles in mid air, what's stopping him from catching a shield toss from Cap (which, let's face it, is Cap's opening shot all the time), then using it to batter the other two? no, Spidey will take the shield once Cap is downed.

Estacado

Who is this Digi?

SamZED
http://i.imgur.com/vxVdcaL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CbCyxZo.jpg

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17762820_Superior_Spider-Man_Namor.jpg

namorsubby

Spidey isn't that fast from Namor. Its arguable he's even as fast as namor.

LOL. Namor would ****ing end spidey. Originally posted by abhilegend
Oh..... forget it. I'm not getting into a debate with you.

All correct.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by SamZED
http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17762820_Superior_Spider-Man_Namor.jpg what happened after that?

StiltmanFTW
Nothing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.