Episode VI: Luke's Shot Hand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul

queeq
To enjoy the color.

jmoul
That's what I was thinking, he was doing nothing to benefit anybody, essentially just dicking-around.

JediRobin23
he was pretending his lightsaber was a torch

queeq
He was pretending he was the statue of liberty.

Lord Lucien
Even more confusing is how Luke was able to kick that one guy without making any physical contact.

But that was just the Force, right? Certainly not a minor oversight in the production process that merits a pathetic amount of over-analyzing, right?

Right?

JediRobin23
Originally posted by queeq
He was pretending he was the statue of liberty.

Maybe Luke thought he was in the olympics

jmoul
^ If that is true, then he failed as hard as Sochi is failing now.

jmoul
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Even more confusing is how Luke was able to kick that one guy without making any physical contact.

But that was just the Force, right? Certainly not a minor oversight in the production process that merits a pathetic amount of over-analyzing, right?

Right?

I'm not saying we should over-analyze. I'm merely pointing out something that made no sense. The no-contact-kick could be explained by the Force. Luke holding up his lightsaber like the statue of liberty in the middle of a battle, however, really can't be explained away as anything other than Luke just dicking-around, or as a minor production error.

queeq
It's probably something that happened during editing. Maybe the action was more extensive and part of the fight was cut. They needed the hand to be shot though, because that was a character device.

jmoul
^that one makes sense.

steverules_2
If I was gonna shoot Luke I wouldn't shoot his hand

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by jmoul
^ If that is true, then he failed as hard as Sochi is failing now. Ha. Topical.

queeq
Originally posted by steverules_2
If I was gonna shoot Luke I wouldn't shoot his hand

It looks like an accident anyway.

JediRobin23
aim for the robot hand?

Galan007
Luke was taking queues from He-Man. Clearly.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view8/4534573/i-have-the-power-o.gif

queeq
Good point. Guess he got the blue lightning a bit later on in the movie. wink

Galan007
Yes, the dots were yearning to be connected. thumb up

jmoul
Wasn't blue lightning that hit Luke, it was violet.

queeq
Details.

JediRobin23
Heman reminds me of Obiwan absorbing Dookus lightning in EP II. Obiwan taught Luke well on how to hold a saber....

queeq

Kickballjedi
Many samurai would hold their swords aloft during battle for no apparent reason. Of course they didn't have to worry about guns.. or lasers...

https://ffxistyle.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/elv_sam_2.jpg

queeq
Especially lasers.

Ace Hambone
Agree with queeq that it's probably and editing issue. But just for fun and to echo kickballjedi, here's a bunch of Chinese soldiers with their swords in the air for no apparent reason.

Shakyamunison
It looked cool.

queeq

Ace Hambone
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It looked cool.

I agree. It looked way cool!

queeq
And that is good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.