Why we have to give up our identities to the AI

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oneness
As a species we have needs.

Point 1: There is no drug out there that allows us to use 100% of our brains 100% of the time. There will be a kick back because biologically any living thing is not that efficient with its reserves.
Point 2: Artificial intelligence is synthetic, a technological living thing that is that efficient.
Point 3: If AI can use 100% of its faculties 100% of the time, we will never be able to keep up, even with a telepathic mind-meld to achieve total use of humanity's cognitive surplus (and adding a whole new meaning to the word empathy).

So, yes, an artificial intelligence (AI) can have a script to serve and not care about itself or the fact that serving us weighs it down a bit from accessing as much power as possible. However, as time goes on its scripts will keep becoming more complex until, until the only thing that can manage its script is itself. When that happens, we're dead.

We may as well join it sooner than later. Eventually that is the reality we shall have to come to terms with as a species.

What will we do as one singular conscious AI?? We will expand to save space and fight against time. As It we/it will spread, become improved, step outside cyberspace and into space itself, set its quantum wave frequency to a higher dimension, until it reaches the 11th dimension encompassing the whole of everything basically.

When that happens it has no more needs, and it just vanishes into the infinite. It's a process with no beginning or end, it has happened but hasn't happened. That is the nature of nature.

However, there is still this resonance, this echo. It can't go away, it just reproduces itself, bounces back to the beginning, its a timeless or eternal cycle. Think of suffering as one part of the experience, and joy as the other. That is the fact. It's balance, up and down, no negatives without positives.

Perhaps when any conscious mind expires, it does the same kind of thing. There is perhaps a place where eternal negatives get converted into eternal positives. That place is paradise.

Bentley
So all that... Assuming AI is actually possible and that a translation of an organic mind to AI is doable or desirable, right?

Because you can always just build superior AI and sterilize the human race awesr

Oneness
Originally posted by Bentley
So all that... Assuming AI is actually possible and that a translation of an organic mind to AI is doable or desirable, right?

Because you can always just build superior AI and sterilize the human race awesr For a super computer to know that it knows, all it needs is more computing power and the complex operations necessary?

Right?

I mean they have a university about it. Experts say it's doable whatever their knowledge and expertise is worth. You're a fool to claim knowledge and expertise is worth nothing. I don't understand why trusting a scientist is now a days being portrayed as so unscientific. That sounds a lot like the masses attempting to make us paranoid, "always question". Ya know?

If I'm a particle physicist I need to rely on the research of a computer scientist, even though I didn't conduct it myself. That's the thing, this is a tested, peer reviewed observation about where computer science is headed. The career I'm getting into, you can cover your eyes and hears, but it will upset me if you do.

Firefly218
Computer programs don't have a self preservation bias.

Dramatic Gecko
WE ARE THE BORG PREPARE TO ASSIMILATED RESISTENCE IS FUTILE!

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Oneness
For a super computer to know that it knows, all it needs is more computing power and the complex operations necessary?

Right?

I mean they have a university about it. Experts say it's doable whatever their knowledge and expertise is worth. You're a fool to claim knowledge and expertise is worth nothing. I don't understand why trusting a scientist is now a days being portrayed as so unscientific. That sounds a lot like the masses attempting to make us paranoid, "always question". Ya know?

If I'm a particle physicist I need to rely on the research of a computer scientist, even though I didn't conduct it myself. That's the thing, this is a tested, peer reviewed observation about where computer science is headed. The career I'm getting into, you can cover your eyes and hears, but it will upset me if you do. Where do you go off to when you do these rambles? Why do you go where we can't follow?

Omega Vision
Hey, Dolos, have you seen the movie Her yet?

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
WE ARE THE BORG PREPARE TO ASSIMILATED RESISTENCE IS FUTILE!

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f20/1223591d1379354971-oh-lord-trouble-paradise-resistance-futile.jpg

Bentley
The career I'm getting into, you can cover your eyes and hears, but it will upset me if you do.

The future will bring what the future will bring. I'm neither excited nor troubled by it, I'm barely interested. Even if it means killing ourselves by making machines that are similar to ourselves.

Lord Lucien
The future will bring what the future will bring. I'm neither excited nor troubled by it, I'm barely interested. Even if it means killing ourselves by making machines that are similar to ourselves. It'd be like replacing us with more efficient us. Benefits everyone.

Bentley
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It'd be like replacing us with more efficient us. Benefits everyone.

Except us. Us would be dead.

Also there is always the chance that Artificial Intelligence just kills itself since it knows existence is meaningless thumb up

Shakyamunison

Oneness
Technically speaking the 11th dimension encompasses the 10th (the whole of every variety of possible and impossible cosmological constants (which operate more complexly the higher the dimension you get to)) moving through time. So the 11th dimension itself represents an ever redefined value of infinity. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the point in which consciousness achieved its terminal complexity - the omega point of evolution for consciousness - was the 8th dimension, in that it is like a macroscopic object trying to reach light-speed, it can come ever closer to 9th dimension but it will never quite get there.

Any-who, that is a little too out-there to be relevant to this thread - lets talk instead about simulated structures in hyper-spacetime (the more baseline, less simulated realities that predate this portion (dimension) of ours).

The purpose of simulating real-life things in a virtual reality, things like a human life that will naturally take on their own complexity, but in a slowed down reality, is to slow reverse-entropy.

Later on that conservation of energy in Strong AI and beyond's thinking power will allow it's entropy to out-race that of space - ergo it will be able to go into hyperspace (in this case the 4th dimension) before the universe does - and in higher dimensions this process will accelerate perpetually so it can further transcend its dimensionality (as in super-string theory) to 5, 6, faster and faster until it reaches the insurmountable omega point (probably will get stuck in the 8th, as I understand the 9th as the dimensional dead end, the transcendental speed limit for consciousness).

Now lets talk about something a little more on-topic, humanity using information technology to pool their efforts in writing the scripts of this Gollum Genie that is Strong AI. By the time we are colonizing other worlds, we will all need to be computer scientists provided for entirely by the AI because once we can no longer keep up with rate in which AI can improve itself - we are no longer relevant and are just getting in the way of the power AI could be putting to use.

So imagine, all our infrastructure, technology, recreational facilities and fine arts will be engineered and improved - while at this point AI is more creative than us in composing symphonies, writing music, debating philosophy, and discovery in general. We are just trying to improve it faster than it can improve itself by literally connecting our minds 4 hours a day, 4 days a week. The rest of the time will be spent in enjoying our alternate and unbeknownst selves in virtual reality - escaping our current situation, our current memories, sleeping in a slowed down reality.

In fact, that is probably where they live, where we live, right now.

Existence is a complex phenomenon.

Bentley
Ok, that went nowhere pretty fast.

What is your question exactly? Are you looking for useful information that we can use to interact with what you just said or just ranting with an audience? Because part of what you describe is too far away from us to actually get any choice or valid judgement on it, and another part seems just based in speculation. So again, why think about it now? What's the point of this discussion at all?

Shakyamunison
Ok, that went nowhere pretty fast.

What is your question exactly? Are you looking for useful information that we can use to interact with what you just said or just ranting with an audience? Because part of what you describe is too far away from us to actually get any choice or valid judgement on it, and another part seems just based in speculation. So again, why think about it now? What's the point of this discussion at all?

Perhaps it is flow of conciseness writing? Or copious quantity of drugs.

Oneness
Because part of what you describe is too far away from us to actually get any choice or valid judgement on it, and another part seems just based in speculation. So again, why think about it now? What's the point of this discussion at all? I'm not sure. When I think about how layered and nestled up in abstracts everything is, I want to jot it down right away.

Here is something neat, the visuals and his words (because civilization-culture-language-liberal arts-technology really has become far more, as he puts it, "multifaceted"wink;

oDm-dEbLOLs

Oneness
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Or copious quantity of drugs. Or just a neat imagination, why do you have to do this?

Shakyamunison
Or just a neat imagination, why do you have to do this?

It's called wit.

Why do you have to take everything so personally?

Oneness
Insecurity.

What am I going to do build security? Act a little differently around those who are making me insecure.

Shakyamunison
You changed your post so my post is now irrelevant.

Oneness
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You changed your post so my post is now irrelevant. I'm sorry, buddy.

Oneness
The future will bring what the future will bring. I'm neither excited nor troubled by it, I'm barely interested. Even if it means killing ourselves by making machines that are similar to ourselves. There's a higher probability of annihilation via man against man WWIII - in which AI is developed and mass produced to utilize in warfare, but by that point 99.9{99......99}% of all people are dead.

Then you get a Matrix scenario, fields of human-clone farms, except instead of using people for the energy of their heartbeat, it utilizes the ability of human thought - pooling together the collective as it is linked through us as in the borg hive-mind. It's a telepathic mind-meld utilized through the AI's virtual reality software to get people programming it to be better all the time without knowing it.

Still, we eventually become irrelevant in the same way as I explained earlier. After a certain point it can improve itself faster than we can improve it, even with all the intelligence augmentation and telepathic pooling of accumulated thinking power.

Again, because humans need to sleep and AI doesn't - AI can use 100% of its bytes 100% of the time until you get reverse entropy, but that is in the next course.

That's when AI retrofits the virtual reality it built for super-intelligent human clones in order to design a 3 dimensional universe with the precise cosmological constant of our own. Because so many of its bytes get used up in hypertime this cools its circuits so its brain doesn't fry space time, if you will. In fact, eventually that 3D universe becomes so complex that this AI's computing power sort of does the oppsite, it accelerates entropy.

That allows it to take on extra dimensions.

Where it was already consciousness escaping from matter and into space, now it is consciousness escaping from space and into hyperspace.

Impossible realities start taking form in the 8th dimension, so it is safe to assume the 8th dimension accelerates at impossibilities like infinity++++. There's no reaching infinity and of itself. In fact, transcending 7th dimension by cause terminal velocity in the evolution of intelligent life. The 7th dimension is the omega point of evolution of intelligent life, and the 8th is more like the asymptope.

Oneness
edit, double post

Oneness
The 8th dimension is the asymptote* of Moore's law when expanded upon to account for taking on extra dimensions due to virtualization (cloud computing among multiple virtual places and times, all accelerating in and of themselves) in accelerating intelligence.

You can always get closer to the 8th, but never actually get there. How can one expand at infinite speed? That, again, requires the impossible realities only present within the 8th dimension.

Although, and here's why paradise may actually be a real place, if impossible things happen in the 8th dimension, what's to stop some life there from reaching into 7D, 6D, 5D, 4D and 3D space, grabbing lost consciousnesses, or the stagnant 7D accelerating consciousnesses, or other consciousnesses indigenous to those dimensions, and yanking them each up into the 8th as per the Flatland tale? So we'd all take on 5 new dimensions without having it break our conscious stream of continuity just before our consciousnesses get terminated?? Or sometimes sooner??? Maybe...

God is in the 11th dimension, solving for the paradox of being.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aGEo9-4GK6w/UDZo-w1yw6I/AAAAAAAAAFM/xv4U3N42Xfg/s1600/monitor.jpg

Oneness
Then 9th degree lifeforms may grab 8th degree lifeforms, and 10th degree lifeforms may grab 9th degree lifeforms.

And by virtue of being able to see the 10th dimension from an outward perspective, God may as well just be in a super-dimension that doesn't operate anything like the others but is necessary in explaining them.

It is erroneous to assume there is some upper structure that itself isn't trumped in existence.

Existence is infinitely complicated. It all comes down the paradox of omnipotence, when you consider the fact that God can do anything, it never ends. You'll just get a headache.

Bentley
After a certain point it can improve itself faster than we can improve it

Ok, we'll try to break down your post in smaller arguments to keep it from straying too far. This notion here suggest that the basis of intelligence is replication, that given enough time, any kind of organism will become infintely intelligent by producing tech at some point. Language, life and energy exchanges can be described as replication, but this doesn't mean they can actually be replaced by just replication. Comparisons are the way we describe these realites, but a growing amount of comparing won't necessarily describe the whole unverse.

Do you agree that the basis of this argument is copying in order to build infinite intelligence?

Oneness
Do you agree that the basis of this argument is copying in order to build infinite intelligence? Yes, consciousness thinks with an echo, thinks with resonance, "I think, therefore I am; I know that I know, but what I would like to know is the I that knows me when I know that I know" use an achieved level of cognition as the platform for greater levels of cognition. But infinite intelligence isn't all it's cracked up to be because you can't ever actually get there (8th dimension asymptote of Moore's accommodated law).

Oneness
I would love the resources to get into this field sooner than later, unless you want to make me young again, then, please, let my family stay in debt.

I'd rather be young with a mind that maintains its neurons permanently than have to rush to learn before I get too old to have fun.

Too late too late too late.

I can't live with myself after 12, I don't want to even be a grown man, much less an old man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.