Superman vs Namor/Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Preboot Superman. Black Suit Namor/Immortal Hercules. No flying or superspeed. How many these two can manage to win against Superman?

carver9
Herc solos. Put speed on and this is fair game with Superman still losing.

zopzop
Heat Vision annihilates Namor, while Freezing Breath momentarily holds Hercules in his place. Then it's Superman vs Hercules, Superman wins.

-Pr-
Superman would beat other one by his lonesome. As a team, it gets murkier. Sure, in a comic Superman can and has beaten teams, but whether he would in a forum fight, I dunno.

I can see it going either way, tbh.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Oh shut up.

h1a8
Herc solos. Put speed on and this is fair game with Superman still losing. Superman is many times stronger and more durable than both, he has ranged attacks like hv and freeze breath (can halt heralds for moments). He has wind breath that can blow away tanks like dust in the wind.
There is literally no way for this team to win.

To say Herc solos is trolling.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman is many times stronger and more durable than both, he has ranged attacks like hv and freeze breath (can halt heralds for moments). He has wind breath that can blow away tanks like dust in the wind.
There is literally no way for this team to win.

To say Herc solos is trolling.

No he isnt. Herc is just as strong and has high end durability and is a MUCH better fighter than Supes. He could take this and giving him help tips the scale imo.

abhilegend
No he isnt. Herc is just as strong and has high end durability and is a MUCH better fighter than Supes. He could take this and giving him help tips the scale imo.
Herc wishes he is as strong as superman. He is as strong as Thor and less durable than him. Stop trolling.

h1a8
No he isnt. Herc is just as strong and has high end durability and is a MUCH better fighter than Supes. He could take this and giving him help tips the scale imo. huh? Superman feats greatly outclass Hercules by a lot. This is not an opinion. Hell WWH two pieced Herc. Superman is far stronger than WWH by feats.

Way to ignore the ranged attacks argument. How is Herc going to stop being frozen for a few seconds or his face melted or him blown away like a twig? Superman knows pressure points just so you know.

Bentley
Supeman. With pressure points.

Insane Titan
huh? Superman feats greatly outclass Hercules by a lot. This is not an opinion. Hell WWH two pieced Herc. Superman is far stronger than WWH by feats.

Way to ignore the ranged attacks argument. How is Herc going to stop being frozen for a few seconds or his face melted or him blown away like a twig? Superman knows pressure points just so you know. Did you miss the whole part where Hercules let Hulk beat on him? And WWH didn't two piece Herc stop lying

leonidas
herc is a very skilled h2h fighter as well. pure slugfest team would take a few for sure. supes has some crazy high feats though and so a case could certainly (probably easily) be made that he could weather what they throw at him and dial it up to a point they couldn't match. i'd take the team on average, but again, it's easy to make a case for superman. very easy.

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
herc is a very skilled h2h fighter as well. pure slugfest team would take a few for sure. supes has some crazy high feats though and so a case could certainly (probably easily) be made that he could weather what they throw at him and dial it up to a point they couldn't match. i'd take the team on average, but again, it's easy to make a case for superman. very easy.
Its not a slugfest. Superman can still use HV and freeze breath as he uses in character. Only flight and superspeed are taken out.

leonidas
ah, my bad. then supes would take it for certain. he could easily freeze herc just long enough to have the hv kill namor. then it's 1on1 vs herc. pure slugfest he'd have a chance, but not with the hv. ranged powers ftw almost every time.

Estacado
Superman tvo's them....biscuits

h1a8
herc is a very skilled h2h fighter as well. pure slugfest team would take a few for sure. supes has some crazy high feats though and so a case could certainly (probably easily) be made that he could weather what they throw at him and dial it up to a point they couldn't match. i'd take the team on average, but again, it's easy to make a case for superman. very easy. Superman is out of Namor's league and Hercs league. Plus this fight Superman still has his ranged attacks.

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Did you miss the whole part where Hercules let Hulk beat on him? And WWH didn't two piece Herc stop lying doesn't matter as he shouldn't have went down in two blows.

leonidas
Originally posted by Estacado

sneer

Insane Titan
Superman is out of Namor's league and Hercs league. Plus this fight Superman still has his ranged attacks.

doesn't matter as he shouldn't have went down in two blows. course it should as he never put up any resistance at all, even to take to hits.

Again stop lying it wasn't two hits troll

abhilegend
ah, my bad. then supes would take it for certain. he could easily freeze herc just long enough to have the hv kill namor. then it's 1on1 vs herc. pure slugfest he'd have a chance, but not with the hv. ranged powers ftw almost every time.
I don't think Herc has a chance against Superman in slugfest. He's always shown as equal to thor in strength and superman is far stronger and durable than Thor.

DarkSaint85
Superman nutkicks both of them ftw.

h1a8
course it should as he never put up any resistance at all, even to take to hits.

Again stop lying it wasn't two hits troll if it wasn't two hits then my mistake. I remember two hits but I could be wrong. You love to flame don't you?

Herc can't increase his durability at will. Hercs face was very bruised up and bleeding. The only way to prevent that is to block or dodge Hulk's punches.

JBL
Team wins. Herc can match sups strength and is a far better fighter.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend
I don't think Herc has a chance against Superman in slugfest. He's always shown as equal to thor in strength and superman is far stronger and durable than Thor.

U make it seem as though thor is weaker than clark...which he aint

zeel

Hmm mabey a better grappler, but no exactly a better fighter.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sin I AM
U make it seem as though thor is weaker than clark...which he aint
Superman is stronger than Thor, even hardcore thor fans acknowledge it. Don't believe me? Ask rage. Its anywhere from a small edge to a significant edge in strength according to who you ask. But an edge it is. But obviously you know about Thor better than rage and about superman better than me, right?

celeyhyga17
superman is far stronger and durable than Thor.

embarrasment

h1a8
Originally posted by Sin I AM
U make it seem as though thor is weaker than clark...which he aint Thor is far weaker than Clark. Do you know both their feats? If you did then you would say Clark is at least 10 times stronger. He's the strongest herald in comics by far.

Originally posted by JBL
Team wins. Herc can match sups strength and is a far better fighter. why do you say false things on purpose?

How can Herc match Supes in strength when Supes feats are far superior?
Supes is significantly stronger than Hercules by a good margin. Herc isn't a far better fighter. He may be better but not far better. Supes has martial arts training and knows pressure points well.

But finally, you are forgetting the most important thing. Supes still has his ranged attacks here (hv, freeze breath, and wind breath).

celeyhyga17
Thor is far weaker than Clark. Do you know both their feats? If you did then you would say Clark is at least 10 times stronger. He's the strongest herald in comics by far.
Supes is significantly stronger than Hercules by a good margin.
embarrasment

JBL
Thor is far weaker than Clark. Do you know both their feats? If you did then you would say Clark is at least 10 times stronger. He's the strongest herald in comics by far.

why do you say false things on purpose?

How can Herc match Supes in strength when Supes feats are far superior?
Supes is significantly stronger than Hercules by a good margin. Herc isn't a far better fighter. He may be better but not far better. Supes has martial arts training and knows pressure points well.

But finally, you are forgetting the most important thing. Supes still has his ranged attacks here (hv, freeze breath, and wind breath). Superman is not the strongest herald and he is nowhere near being 10 times stronger than thor. I have spared you for your misguided calculations on ( 50 earth weight crap and thousands of times stronger than crap ) a lot of nonsense my friend. I know FULL well about superman and thor. I have see supes fight thor, DCs herc and a LOT of characters in and below hercs class as equals. Herc is fully capable of matching supes in strength just like CM and BA HAVE, ( please dont try that mental block crap in our debate ) This team can win given the stips. But as you know, non holding back crap WILL enter this thread, so i challenge you to a battle zone so that i can speak freely on this matter without being called a hater. Are you ready??

Insane Titan
if it wasn't two hits then my mistake. I remember two hits but I could be wrong. You love to flame don't you?

Herc can't increase his durability at will. Hercs face was very bruised up and bleeding. The only way to prevent that is to block or dodge Hulk's punches. you are wrong because all you do is lie constantly .

If he was prepared to fight back his adrenaline would be pumping so the hits wudnt have the same effect

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Superman is not the strongest herald and he is nowhere near being 10 times stronger than thor. I have spared you for your misguided calculations on ( 50 earth weight crap and thousands of times stronger than crap ) a lot of nonsense my friend. I know FULL well about superman and thor. I have see supes fight thor, DCs herc and a LOT of characters in and below hercs class as equals. Herc is fully capable of matching supes in strength just like CM and BA HAVE, ( please dont try that mental block crap in our debate ) This team can win given the stips. But as you know, non holding back crap WILL enter this thread, so i challenge you to a battle zone so that i can speak freely on this matter without being called a hater. Are you ready?? if my calculations are misguided then you must show how. Simply saying so without proof is trolling.

Superman has never fought Thor. You are not allowed to use that source.
Dc Herc has nothing to do with Marvel Herc. Otherwise I could say WW is stronger than Marvel Herc since she is stronger than DC Herc.

You have to prove your assertions by giving feats. Otherwise you are breaking forum rules by ignoring on panel evidence. In other words, you are not to state things without being prepared to back it up with proof.

And there is plenty proof that Superman has mental blocks in place that makes him hold back and prevents him from killing. Superman went from not being able to hurt DD to killing him in a few pages. This is at least a 5x increase. Other showings have Superman losing his powers due to not believing. Then in OWAW superman goes from struggling with probes (hitting them a bazillion times) to one shotting them. You can't ignore this evidence and pretend it doesn't count because you don't like it.

h1a8
you are wrong because all you do is lie constantly .

If he was prepared to fight back his adrenaline would be pumping so the hits wudnt have the same effect lol omg. You are silly dude. But funny. That's why I like you. You know Herc put a hurting on WWH before Hulk retaliated. Hulks face was busted up good. But hey, Herc didn't want to fight and was holding back. His adrenaline wasn't pumping as he exists in reality and not a figment of someone's imagination. And who would have thought adrenaline makes your skin more durable. Maybe I should get scared and allow someone to punch me in the face. That way i increase my faces durability.

-Pr-
Stop lowballing Hercules.

celeyhyga17
Stop lowballing the lowballing of Herc.

leonidas
i'd give supes a slight edge in strength over herc, like i'd give him a slight edge over thor. i'm starting to understand what everyone has always seen in h1 though. sad

Branlor Swift
Fights where Herc can fight in the h2h range get murky.

Primarily due to him being cheap as all hell.

Insane Titan
lol omg. You are silly dude. But funny. That's why I like you. You know Herc put a hurting on WWH before Hulk retaliated. Hulks face was busted up good. But hey, Herc didn't want to fight and was holding back. His adrenaline wasn't pumping as he exists in reality and not a figment of someone's imagination. And who would have thought adrenaline makes your skin more durable. Maybe I should get scared and allow someone to punch me in the face. That way i increase my faces durability. why you trying to act smart when in your first two posts to me you was wrong and lying troll.

All Herc did was knock Hulk off his feat after a distraction by Hercs team mates and that was towards the end of the fight, so that's another lie. You know if Herc wanted to fight he wudnt of gone down as easy and that's a fact. Hercs face was busted up that it.

emporerpants
Supes has the edge in strength against Herc and also Thor. Anyway, HV and freeze breath assure the win here against Namor/Hercules.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Fights where Herc can fight in the h2h range get murky.

Primarily due to him being cheap as all hell.

This. He's almost written to be the Batman of heralds, skill wise.

Primarily through fighting like a proper fighter should.

abhilegend
Whoa, whoa, whoa. When did Hercules became that big of a fighter? Who was the last top tier he beat via skill? Even against Thor who is his physical equal its always a stalemate or one time he got him into a chokehold after which Thor stomped him with a few lightning bolts.

DarkSaint85
Whoa, whoa, whoa. When did Hercules became that big of a fighter? Who was the last top tier he beat via skill? Even against Thor who is his physical equal its always a stalemate or one time he got him into a chokehold after which Thor stomped him with a few lightning bolts.

Define skill.

Nutkicks et al, are, in my view, skilled. As long as you win a fight.

Zack Fair
Superman wins. Team can get some wins, but IMO it all depends on Clark's mindset. He is stronger, smarter, more durable and eventhough he has been nerfed he still has more options and senses than the team.

Heat vision alone will be really hard to overcome. Namor can pretty much be counted out. And as tough and awesome as Herc is I don't see him winning all that often.

But of course there is always a chance Hercules uppercuts Kal's genitals while he is heat visioning Namor.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Define skill.

Nutkicks et al, are, in my view, skilled. As long as you win a fight.
Superman has survived nutshots from Ultraman, his exact equal in strength.

uhuh

carver9
Superman has survived nutshots from Ultraman, his exact equal in strength.

uhuh

This kind of nut shot (that isnt even the worse)? Scans?

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/Enteithegreat/Misc%20Respect/Herc-vsSentry3.jpg

abhilegend
http://i.imgur.com/CrHp1UP.jpg

Just after that.

http://i.imgur.com/UVlHKG8.jpg

Bentley

Just after that.

Always have some kick-in-the-balls scans in hand I say.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bentley
Always have some kick-in-the-balls scans in hand I say.
laughing out loud

carver9
It had an impact on him.

Bentley
It had an impact on him.

So we know he's male? ermm

carver9
So we know he's male? ermm

Couldn't have agreed more.

abhilegend
An exact equal of superman had an impact on him by kicking him in the nuts? How amazing. Good thing is that Superman recovered almost immediately and put Ultraman in a chokehold and Herc isn't as strong as Ultraman.

carver9
An exact equal of superman had an impact on him by kicking him in the nuts? How amazing. Good thing is that Superman recovered almost immediately and put Ultraman in a chokehold and Herc isn't as strong as Ultraman.

That's your opinion.

abhilegend
That's a fact. Didn't you agree that you wouldn't reply to me? I'm just posting scans on other posters' request.

Golgo13
Superman.

carver9
That's a fact. Didn't you agree that you wouldn't reply to me? I'm just posting scans on other posters' request.

You replied to me first.

Bentley
You replied to me first.

And instead of ignoring him you fell right into his trap. I'm deeply disappointed in you Carter sad

celeyhyga17

Just after that.

Pretty sure Clark was feigning pain there.

Lois always has his balls in her Louis Vuitton clutch..

So yes.. Nut shots generally won't work on those who lack them.

Digi
Abhi's reaction in other Namor threads makes more sense now. But even still, what in the holy hell is he doing in this thread?

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Pretty sure Clark was feigning pain there.

Lois always has his balls in her Louis Vuitton clutch..

So yes.. Nut shots generally won't work on those who lack them.
You are confusing Thor with superman.Originally posted by Digi
Abhi's reaction in other Namor threads makes more sense now. But even still, what in the holy hell is he doing in this thread?
confused

celeyhyga17
You are confusing Thor with superman.
confused
Right...

Lois and Diana would get moist at the mere sight of Thor..

NemeBro
You guys are all gay.

Digi
confused

Namor. Superman. Does the black suit, like, multiply his stats x100? Because otherwise, what is a high meta doing against Superman?

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Right...

Lois and Diana would get moist at the mere sight of Thor..
Diana didn't get anything in JLA/Avengers.

uhuh

abhilegend
Originally posted by Digi
Namor. Superman. Does the black suit, like, multiply his stats x100? Because otherwise, what is a high meta doing against Superman?
I disagree that Namor is a high meta. His strength is nothing to sneeze at.

h1a8

I agree. Superman has planetary strength. Namor doesn't even have continent lifting strength. Huge difference.

Digi
I disagree that Namor is a high meta. His strength is nothing to sneeze at.

See, you can think Namor isn't high meta, and that's fine (I tend to think he absolutely is HM, high showings and all). Thinking he's a tier up isn't without reason. There's a defense to be made there. But putting him up against yer boy Big Blue is still laughable. And considering the respect you have for Superman, that you'd throw Namor into the fray here and think he could do anything speaks volumes.

So needless to say, you're at least a couple standard deviations off the collective bell curve of Namor opinions. I just didn't realize how far you were until this thread.

carver9
I agree. Superman has planetary strength. Namor doesn't even have continent lifting strength. Huge difference.

Stated on panel...Namor can shake planets while fighting.

carver9
See, you can think Namor isn't high meta, and that's fine (I tend to think he absolutely is HM, high showings and all). Thinking he's a tier up isn't without reason. There's a defense to be made there. But putting him up against yer boy Big Blue is still laughable. And considering the respect you have for Superman, that you'd throw Namor into the fray here and think he could do anything speaks volumes.

So needless to say, you're at least a couple standard deviations off the collective bell curve of Namor opinions. I just didn't realize how far you were until this thread.

Looking at what Namor has achieved, I disagree.

h1a8
Stated on panel...Namor can shake planets while fighting. Sentry was stated to have the power of a million exploding suns. stated is not a feat, especially if it goes against what is shown on panel. We all know what strength Namor operates at. Far under planetary level. He can't even lift a mountain, which is a speck of dust compared to a planet.

Bentley
Stated on panel...Namor can shake planets while fighting.

He has been knocked out by Thing on panel too awesr

Badabing
Stated on panel...Namor can shake planets while fighting. I'm gonna make a new thread: Bada's Fist vs Carver's Face! sneer

carver9
Lol.

Digi
Looking at what Namor has achieved, I disagree.

With which part? That there's a case for > HM? Or that Abhi's off his rocker for pitting him against Superman? Or that Namor is in fact HM? I said several things in that post. I have a guess, but clarity is appreciated.

> high meta or not, though, he doesn't belong here.

NemeBro
That's racist.

abhilegend

With which part? That there's a case for > HM? Or that Abhi's off his rocker for pitting him against Superman? Or that Namor is in fact HM? I said several things in that post. I have a guess, but clarity is appreciated.

> high meta or not, though, he doesn't belong here.
Really? Just because I give Namor his due via his showing against legit top tier means I'm off my rocker? There's condescension and then there's condescension. Give me a high meta that has 12 stalemates, 2 wins and 0 losses against hulk in a slugfest for several pages under all sort of writers, 4 stalemates with hercules, 5 stalemates with Thor, has overpowered silver surfer, beaten abomination and shit like that. I pitted namor in this fight because superman rarely starts with hv against a foe and Herc/Namor combo can be problematic in a slugfest for him.

DarkSaint85
Really? Just because I give Namor his due via his showing against legit top tier means I'm off my rocker? There's condescension and then there's condescension. Give me a high meta that has 12 stalemates, 2 wins and 0 losses against hulk in a slugfest for several pages under all sort of writers, 4 stalemates with hercules, 5 stalemates with Thor, has overpowered silver surfer, beaten abomination and shit like that. I pitted namor in this fight because superman rarely starts with hv against a foe and Herc/Namor combo can be problematic in a slugfest for him.

Wolverine. sneer

Golgo13
Originally posted by Badabing
I'm gonna make a new thread: Bada's Fist vs Carver's Face! sneer

Bada every time.

h1a8
Colossus, Iron Man, etc. has beaten Hulk, Thing has stalemated him. Namor got beaten by Thing and is a good match for Thing NORMALLY, affected by a host of characters far under 1000 tons of strength.

All characters are written down to fight other popular characters. If you are a strongman in comics (primary power) and you are fighting another strongman this would result in a stalemate or a decent showing almost everytime in a comic. Namor has over 50 years of comic history. He is a strongman, just like Thing is, just like Colossus is. He's bound to have some showings against other strongman regardless of the difference in strength.

Lastly, who Namor matched against is irrelevant. When he fought those guys they didn't even have mountain lifting strength. Superman has planetary strength. This is a huge difference.

Colossus has an impressive list of beating or stalemating top tiers for a long battle (like Gladiator). Thing has some good feats too. Namor is around their level. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact.
Namor and Thing have fought countless times. They are very evenly matched with Namor being only slightly superior. Namor has fought Iron Man physically (h2h) and they are almost equally matched.

I disagree that a stalemate is where you don't lose in a comic. The fight can stop early. That doesn't mean a stalemate. Trading blows and then the fight stops is not a stalemate. We all know that in a slugfest Hercules would beat Namor 10/10, Hulk would beat Namor 10/10, Thor would beat Namor 10/10 or any top tier will beat Namor 10/10. This is common sense. As far as Superman goes we are talking about Namor at a tens of thousands of tons (at his best) against someone with planetary power. You do not want to know what kind of difference this is.

Taking averages then
IMO, Namor operates at around 500-1000 tons on average showings while Superman is clearly above mountain lifting levels (while holding back to not kill).

P.S. I don't remember Namor beating Hulk by ko twice in a canon comic. I remember once in the water though. Back then Hulk wasn't even operating at mountain lifting strength on average.

Estacado
Originally posted by Badabing
I'm gonna make a new thread: Bada's Fist vs Carver's Face! sneer
Carter 7/10.
dancesuperm

carver9
Lets also add Namor stalemated Black Bolt (and had the advantage), took on the fantastic four and was winning, owned Blaastar, stalemate Void Sentry, etc, etc...his track record is crazy and putting him at high Meta, especially based off what he has accomplished is wrong.

Digi

Oh relax. Read my post in response to you. I tried to be as accepting of your position as I could be. No condescension intended; I just don't feel the same about Namor overall, at least in relation to Superman. The response to carver wasn't intended as an indictment, I just wanted him to clarify himself on what he agreed/disagreed with.

abhilegend
Oh relax. Read my post in response to you. I tried to be as accepting of your position as I could be. No condescension intended; I just don't feel the same about Namor overall, at least in relation to Superman. The response to carver wasn't intended as an indictment, I just wanted him to clarify himself on what he agreed/disagreed with.
That's OK. I have a high opinion of namor, that's all.

DarkSaint85
Carver and Abhi are agreeing.

This is beautiful.

Bentley
Iron Man has done better and he's the most wellknown high meta. By definition they hang with Heralds for a bit.

When did Namor own Blaastar?

Digi
Iron Man has done better and he's the most wellknown high meta. By definition they hang with Heralds for a bit.

When did Namor own Blaastar?

In fairness, I think the board did recently upgrade Tony's newer armors to low herald. I think he's deserving, not just for his raw power but on versatility as well.

Namor's tricky because he has the good showings that his supporters are mentioning, but many, many others as well that place him at high meta. I'd have a hard time placing him too much higher because he's not terribly versatile. Low herald has, well, heralds. Full-on city-busting (or more), flying-through-the-cosmos heralds. I have a hard time changing what amounts to a brawler to that status just because he's learned to go a few rounds with Hulk (and as before, the same could be said of Thing, an oft-mentioned comparison).

That's OK. I have a high opinion of namor, that's all.

thumb up

For what it's worth, my estimation of him has grown recently. Just not a ton.

Bentley
Ok, I don't entirely agree with Iron-Man being bumped to begin with... But he's certainly a decent performer, so he can always be a bottom of the barrel herald.

Maybe I'm just sour that people won't bump Kang up sad

horrorwolf
Supes takes this as long as he stays away.
What wins this for him is his flight mobility, and long range attacks.

Again thats if he stays out of reach. If he should slug it out Doomsday/Grundy/Mongol style Hercules alone takes him out.

abhilegend
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Supes takes this as long as he stays away.
What wins this for him is his flight mobility, and long range attacks.

Again thats if he stays out of reach. If he should slug it out Doomsday/Grundy/Mongol style Hercules alone takes him out.
How? How many top tiers has Herc taken out in h2h that are as strong and durable as superman? In a slugfest Kal would punch herc's teeth out. I'm just hearing this praise of hercules like Superman doesn't go toe toe toe with people like Orion and bitchslap wonder woman, both of whom are better fighters than Herc.

horrorwolf
How? How many top tiers has Herc taken out in h2h that are as strong and durable as superman? In a slugfest Kal would punch herc's teeth out. I'm just hearing this praise of hercules like Superman doesn't go toe toe toe with people like Orion and bitchslap wonder woman, both of whom are better fighters than Herc.

Because vs Immortal Herc both Supermans hand to hand skills and his strength become nominal. Dealing with Black suit Namor simply puts this in their favor.

As mentioned Superman needs to put his flight, freeze and hv to effect to even the odds here.

carver9
Because vs Immortal Herc both Supermans hand to hand skills and his strength become nominal. Dealing with Black suit Namor simply puts this in their favor.

As mentioned Superman needs to put his flight, freeze and hv to effect to even the odds here.

thumb up

abhilegend

Wut? Superman is easily stronger and more durable than hercules even at his immortal level who is only on par with Thor and I've never seen Herc's fabled skill gaining him any advantage against top tiers. Heck, he has never beaten even Iron man in a slugfest who knocked him out with electricity once.

Namor can be easily taken out by HV though. You said herc can take superman alone, I am asking how?

horrorwolf
Wut? Superman is easily stronger and more durable than hercules even at his immortal level who is only on par with Thor and I've never seen Herc's fabled skill gaining him any advantage against top tiers. Heck, he has never beaten even Iron man in a slugfest who knocked him out with electricity once.

Namor can be easily taken out by HV though. You said herc can take superman alone, I am asking how?

Again, in a standing toe to toe slugfest - Immortal Herc has superior standing fighting skills and can take any strike Superman can throw. Superman loses due to ignoring other skillsets he is accustomed to putting to use as part of his fighting style.

abhilegend
Again, in a standing toe to toe slugfest - Immortal Herc has superior standing fighting skills and can take any strike Superman can throw. Superman loses due to ignoring other skillsets he is accustomed to putting to use as part of his fighting style.
Despite never showing any advantage over any top tier in such a fight? Gotta love this imaginary version of characters. Superman punches through hercules since he has actually done that to top tiers. Hercules? Never done so, Thor, Wonder Man, Namor, savage hulk, mindless hulk, Iron man are just some examples. People like Sersi have easily taken him out with just punches and blasts. I'm asking you again, how does Herc shows superiority to superman despite never showing that to Thor or Namor? These are some of his fights with Namor himself who is unquestionably weaker and less skilled than superman, right?

Why would such a brute who has never beaten even Namor in a slugfest takes majority over superman? Is superman weaker than even Namor now?

horrorwolf
Despite never showing any advantage over any top tier in such a fight? Gotta love this imaginary version of characters. Superman punches through hercules since he has actually done that to top tiers. Hercules? Never done so, Thor, Wonder Man, Namor, savage hulk, mindless hulk, Iron man are just some examples. People like Sersi have easily taken him out with just punches and blasts. I'm asking you again, how does Herc shows superiority to superman despite never showing that to Thor or Namor? These are some of his fights with Namor himself who is unquestionably weaker and less skilled than superman, right?

Why would such a brute who has never beaten even Namor in a slugfest takes majority over superman? Is superman weaker than even Namor now?

Nice lowballing scans.

Speaking of which....my point is that his standing hand to hand skills are not a match for Immortal Herc.

perhaps this will illustrate:

http://i.imgur.com/r6APryc.jpg
Here Clarks gets practically oneshotted without his super powers and it certainly isn't the first time. If he had actually hand to hand skills anywhere near Hercules, this would never occur even without powers.

horrorwolf
Here...its stated on panel that Superman is not faster in combat that Wonderwoman who like Hercules draws her fighting ability and strength from being an offspring of Zeus.
http://i.imgur.com/IAfD6L8.jpg

There is no question that Superman does not possess the level of skill akin to Immortal version of Hercules in hand to hand....nor does he have the size/strength to overpower him in a fist fight without assistance of other powers.

abhilegend
Nice lowballing scans.

Speaking of which....my point is that his standing hand to hand skills are not a match for Immortal Herc.

perhaps this will illustrate:

http://i.imgur.com/r6APryc.jpg
Here Clarks gets practically oneshotted without his super powers and it certainly isn't the first time. If he had actually hand to hand skills anywhere near Hercules, this would never occur even without powers.
facepalm

You are posting pre-crisis out of context scans where Jimmy olsen is impersonating superboy and talking about lowballing? Congrats, you just received the award of being the biggest hypocrite today.Originally posted by horrorwolf
Here...its stated on panel that Superman is not faster in combat that Wonderwoman who like Hercules draws her fighting ability and strength from being an offspring of Zeus.
http://i.imgur.com/IAfD6L8.jpg

There is no question that Superman does not possess the level of skill akin to Immortal version of Hercules in hand to hand....nor does he have the size/strength to overpower him in a fist fight without assistance of other powers.
crylaugh

This is just pure gold. Do you even know ANYTHING about these characters or just randomly googled "find superman lowball scans"? Because at this point you are just trolling.

abhilegend
Tell me digi, was everyone as "intelligent" as this horrorolf back in the day? How did you survive?

On topic, I guess a scan of PC Jimmy Olsen getting punched means all these are invalid.

horrorwolf
facepalm

You are posting pre-crisis out of context scans where Jimmy olsen is impersonating superboy and talking about lowballing? Congrats, you just received the award of being the biggest hypocrite today.
crylaugh

This is just pure gold. Do you even know ANYTHING about these characters or just randomly googled "find superman lowball scans"? Because at this point you are just trolling.

laughing Hypocrite much?

Congrats genius...that's exactly my point. That was a reflection of exactly what you did with your lowballing of both Namor and Hercules.

There are tons of lowball and high feats of virtually any character due to writers and era. We are talking Immortal Herc and you post obvious lowballs - so yeah we could do this all day, but I don't even need to. And only your teeth are gold here.

It's a plain fact that Superman does not match the hand to hand of Wonderwoman (another Zeus prodigy) - and he would lose to Hercules in a slugfest every time.

DarkSaint85
Abhi, you forgot this famous scan. You are terrible at this.

Sure, he is using superspeed. But he's not just 'Usain Bolt', he knows to target kidneys and pressure points.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111254/3075666-7697352850-27319.jpg

DarkSaint85
And hey, he does well here:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108107/3606565-superman1.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/108107/3606566-superman2.jpg

Terrible, Abhi bhai.

horrorwolf
Tell me digi, was everyone as "intelligent" as this horrorolf back in the day? How did you survive?

On topic, I guess a scan of PC Jimmy Olsen getting punched means all these are invalid.

I suppose this is why everytime he has powers removed or reduced, he gets taken out like a bum in the streets in a fight.

And yes Wonderwoman could take Superman out in a fist fight any day of the week...just too skilled.

Great power feats but none of those prove he is any match for Hercules's Olympian hand to hand fighting skills. Nice copy and paste though.

Insane Titan
I bet a gas station exploding wouldn't ko Herc !!

horrorwolf

Agreed....theres also a scan where he gets punked by toyman....give me a sec.
Lowball? yes - But I certainly didn't start this.....lol

http://i.imgur.com/9sQbt2t.png

Again we are talking about a character who could only leap buildings and struggled to lift trucks...who from that point on LITERALLY basically absorbed and copied Captain Marvel's powerset to a point of ad nauseum. So for every high feat I can produce a laughable one...so GTFO out here with your lowballs.

Estacado

Digi went hiding ....Why do you think he gave the moding of CVF to someone else?
He is having brain damage ever since....biscuits

horrorwolf
Digi went hiding ....Why do you think he gave the moding of CVF to someone else?
embarrasment

-Pr-
Guys, give it a rest. Stop lowballing, and Abhi. stop being a tool.

Digi

Wait, wut? I haven't been paying attention, if it helps.

I knew I had less time for KMC, so I passed on my duties to others who could better handle it. I guess I've been back for maybe a year or so now, but I was gone from KMC for about 6 months not too long ago. The current mods do a better job than I ever did, even if they aren't as cool.

fdog

Estacado
"Digimark you have failed this forum!"biscuits
http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.10wallpaper.com/wallpaper/medium/1211/Arrow_2012_TV_series_HD_Wallpapers_03_medium.jpg

Digi
"Digimark you have failed this forum!"biscuits
http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.10wallpaper.com/wallpaper/medium/1211/Arrow_2012_TV_series_HD_Wallpapers_03_medium.jpg

Failing the forum implies that I wanted it to succeed at some point.

abhilegend
laughing Hypocrite much?

Congrats genius...that's exactly my point. That was a reflection of exactly what you did with your lowballing of both Namor and Hercules.

There are tons of lowball and high feats of virtually any character due to writers and era. We are talking Immortal Herc and you post obvious lowballs - so yeah we could do this all day, but I don't even need to. And only your teeth are gold here.

It's a plain fact that Superman does not match the hand to hand of Wonderwoman (another Zeus prodigy) - and he would lose to Hercules in a slugfest every time.
Yeah, posting a pre crisis scan which is non canon is the epitome of hypocricy.

Haha, what? Superman has bitchslapped wonder woman more than once who has clearly admitted she can't beat him in combat.

Brief scuffle following massive sucker attack from Wonder Woman. Diana: "I knew I couldn't actually beat you in combat." JLA: League Of One
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/LeagueOfOnea.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/LeagueOfOneb.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/LeagueOfOnec.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/LeagueOfOned.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/LeagueOfOnee.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/LeagueOfOnef.jpg

Its clear that you don't know anything about superman, wonder woman or hercules.

Every single time in a slugfest where there is no skill in play but only strength and durability? LOL, GTFO.
I suppose this is why everytime he has powers removed or reduced, he gets taken out like a bum in the streets in a fight.

And yes Wonderwoman could take Superman out in a fist fight any day of the week...just too skilled.

Great power feats but none of those prove he is any match for Hercules's Olympian hand to hand fighting skills. Nice copy and paste though.
Yeah, that's why he beat Kobra, one of the greatest martial artists in Batman's bodyOriginally posted by Insane Titan
Yeah, he gets knocked out by household electricity after getting weakened by a slugfest with Iron man.Originally posted by horrorwolf
Agreed....theres also a scan where he gets punked by toyman....give me a sec.
Lowball? yes - But I certainly didn't start this.....lol

http://i.imgur.com/9sQbt2t.png

Again we are talking about a character who could only leap buildings and struggled to lift trucks...who from that point on LITERALLY basically absorbed and copied Captain Marvel's powerset to a point of ad nauseum. So for every high feat I can produce a laughable one...so GTFO out here with your lowballs.
WTF are you rambling about? Its clear that your hate superman, but kid take a history lesson and come back. Captain Marvel was exact copy of superman in the beginning, he couldn't fly, struggled with donkeys and shit like that. Both became powerful as time went, one became defunct with the time though. One didn't. Guess who it was?Originally posted by Digi
Wait, wut? I haven't been paying attention, if it helps.

I knew I had less time for KMC, so I passed on my duties to others who could better handle it. I guess I've been back for maybe a year or so now, but I was gone from KMC for about 6 months not too long ago. The current mods do a better job than I ever did, even if they aren't as cool.

fdog
You didn't notice Hercules>>>Superman in slugfest because wonder woman is claimed to be faster than superman, just because hercules is the son of zeus and diana was born from clay with no relation to zeus?

I finaly knew why God kills kitten, he must've read posts from KMC from 2006.

h1a8
To end the thread
Superman can freeze Herc, beat the shit out of Namor (or fry him) then fry and blow Herc (not in the sexy way).

Superman's ranged attacks wins this. So the strength argument is moot.

asdf83
No one seems to have brought this up yet, but does Herc get his mace?

carver9
Of course he's not given his mace. Also, lol at freeze breath stopping Herc at all. Wonder Woman broke out of that in less than a sec.

-Pr-
Freeze breath could stop him, at least for a time.

Colossus-Big C
Hercules is slightly stronger than thor. thor admitted it

Stoic
Namor is a non factor here, all Kal has to do is look at him, and send him begging for a glass of water. Herc is another thing, and would put up as good a fight in close quarter combat as Orion, but in the end, Superman will win.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Hercules is slightly stronger than thor. thor admitted it lol...

Delta1938
Originally posted by -Pr-
Freeze breath could stop him, at least for a time.

With things Superman has done, freeze breath could end the fight, actually.

And Superman wins.

Genii96
Colossus, Iron Man, etc. has beaten Hulk, Thing has stalemated him. Namor got beaten by Thing and is a good match for Thing NORMALLY, affected by a host of characters far under 1000 tons of strength.

All characters are written down to fight other popular characters. If you are a strongman in comics (primary power) and you are fighting another strongman this would result in a stalemate or a decent showing almost everytime in a comic. Namor has over 50 years of comic history. He is a strongman, just like Thing is, just like Colossus is. He's bound to have some showings against other strongman regardless of the difference in strength.

Lastly, who Namor matched against is irrelevant. When he fought those guys they didn't even have mountain lifting strength. Superman has planetary strength. This is a huge difference.

Colossus has an impressive list of beating or stalemating top tiers for a long battle (like Gladiator). Thing has some good feats too. Namor is around their level. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact.
Namor and Thing have fought countless times. They are very evenly matched with Namor being only slightly superior. Namor has fought Iron Man physically (h2h) and they are almost equally matched.

I disagree that a stalemate is where you don't lose in a comic. The fight can stop early. That doesn't mean a stalemate. Trading blows and then the fight stops is not a stalemate. We all know that in a slugfest Hercules would beat Namor 10/10, Hulk would beat Namor 10/10, Thor would beat Namor 10/10 or any top tier will beat Namor 10/10. This is common sense. As far as Superman goes we are talking about Namor at a tens of thousands of tons (at his best) against someone with planetary power. You do not want to know what kind of difference this is.

Taking averages then
IMO, Namor operates at around 500-1000 tons on average showings while Superman is clearly above mountain lifting levels (while holding back to not kill).

P.S. I don't remember Namor beating Hulk by ko twice in a canon comic. I remember once in the water though. Back then Hulk wasn't even operating at mountain lifting strength on average.
I think I speak for everyone here,when I say,, just stop posting

Genii96
Why exactly would hercules do better than namor anyway?,on land,both are dead even.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Genii96
Why exactly would hercules do better than namor anyway?,on land,both are dead even.

You mean against Superman? Well, Superman's eyes have Namor's weakness. And some posters were playing up Herc's fighting skills. But considering Superman's fights against Orion(who's stronger and more skilled).....

h1a8
Why exactly would hercules do better than namor anyway?,on land,both are dead even. How, Namor and Thing are evenly matched on land. Hercules is a step above. Even in water Hercules is slightly stronger. Namor has speed and mobility to kinda even out the fight.

Superman wins this easily. Hv for Namor and Freeze breath for Hercules. Or Bfr Hercules and beat down Namor first.

carver9
Good fight. Going with team here. Herc has some good fts under his belt against heavy weights. So does Namor.

DarkSaint85

thumb up

Delta1938
Good fight. Going with team here. Herc has some good fts under his belt against heavy weights. So does Namor.

You said this before--

So.....

(points at Carter)

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/korra-and-the-red-lotus-vs-young-justice-61640.png

abhilegend
laughing out loud

carver9
So you don't think Hercules have the fts to beat Superman 1 on 1 in a fist fight?

abhilegend
No. He can't even beat Thor in h2h let alone Superman.

carver9
No. He can't even beat Thor in h2h let alone Superman.

Which fight are you referencing with Thor?

DarkSaint85

The only one that matters.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/6/62144/1891951-thor.jpg

carver9
laughing out loud ...ok, I concede if he's using that fight.

Genii96
Originally posted by Delta1938
You mean against Superman? Well, Superman's eyes have Namor's weakness. And some posters were playing up Herc's fighting skills. But considering Superman's fights against Orion(who's stronger and more skilled).....
Namor isn't actually weak to heat,its quite the opposite..he is fireproof and very resistant to temperature changes,including heat and cold.

Btw,do these two get their weapons? Like the mace or trident?

Delta1938
Namor isn't actually weak to heat,its quite the opposite..he is fireproof and very resistant to temperature changes,including heat and cold.

Btw,do these two get their weapons? Like the mace or trident?

Granted, I've only seen the scans second hand, but I've seen Namor beaten multiple times by heat. Including at least twice against Iron Man, underwater, hitting him with steam. Unless they changed things, doesn't heat dehydrate(thus weakening) him? Superman is not someone you want that problem with.

Unless mace/trident are standard, they don't get them. Abhi only said Namor gets his suit in the OP.

Also, since Superman has one-shot Bizarro(and a few other examples) with freeze breath, Namor could be one-shot with freeze breath as well, unless you think Namor/Bizarro.

abhilegend
Every fight.

carver9
Every fight.

Where Thor has his lightning and Mjlonir?

celeyhyga17
Team

leonidas
does no speed or flying also mean no OTHER powers? breath and heat vision would be enough to win this for him. if it's intended to be a pure slugfest, team can win. herc isn't soloing kal though. he simply doesn't have the durability feats to suggest he could last. even if he were able to hit as hard (and he's not) supes could just withstand more before falling.

Delta1938
does no speed or flying also mean no OTHER powers? breath and heat vision would be enough to win this for him. if it's intended to be a pure slugfest, team can win. herc isn't soloing kal though. he simply doesn't have the durability feats to suggest he could last. even if he were able to hit as hard (and he's not) supes could just withstand more before falling.

Its not a slugfest. Superman can still use HV and freeze breath as he uses in character. Only flight and superspeed are taken out.

stick out tongue

Surtur

Wait you just argued that Namor and Hercules have reaction times near the same level as Supes..

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
Wait you just argued that Namor and Hercules have reaction times near the same level as Supes..

Where did you get that from?

leonidas
stick out tongue

that would have meant i had to read the whole thread. i'm a busy man. sneer

embarrasment

Delta1938
Originally posted by Surtur

No, he didn't just argue they have comparable speed/reaction time to Superman.

He argued it a year and a half ago.

leonidas
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Where Thor has his lightning and Mjlonir?
Just h2h fights.

h1a8

Btw,do these two get their weapons? Like the mace or trident? Superman's hv is not only hotter than anything Namor experienced but it has concussive powers. Being resistant to heat is not enough. The hv has completed penetrated, like a hot knife through butter, beings that can survive inside stars without any damage.

But
The hv would not be used to burn Namor (if Superman wanted to he could). It would be used to dry Namor out or simply ko him (concussive abilities). Or evaporate the moisture around and on him to weaken him.

carver9
Just h2h fights.

You don't think Thor will do well against Superman in a H2H fight?

Genii96
Granted, I've only seen the scans second hand, but I've seen Namor beaten multiple times by heat. Including at least twice against Iron Man, underwater, hitting him with steam. Unless they changed things, doesn't heat dehydrate(thus weakening) him? Superman is not someone you want that problem with.

Unless mace/trident are standard, they don't get them. Abhi only said Namor gets his suit in the OP.

Also, since Superman has one-shot Bizarro(and a few other examples) with freeze breath, Namor could be one-shot with freeze breath as well, unless you think Namor/Bizarro.
Iron man beat namor with steam? That is either a misinpretation or a very,very low end feat,how do u dehydrate namor underwater exactly? Let alone with hot steam?...namor usually just walks right through stark's attacks and beats him to the ground..:e also shrugged of re-entry into the eath's atmosphere etc....he DID have a problem with heat based attacks way back during his invaders time,where jim hammond usually faced him,but since then,he hasn't had much problem,he even carried human torch who was going nova to safety.

Few times I remember him dehydrated is during his fight with shuri,with her wakandian tech,and I think a nimrod tried to dehydrate him by manipulating the ambient humidity,not sure if that worked...

I am not saying namor would win,I know he dosent,I am just pointing out that he is a strong factor,especially with his current feats of strength/durability...as for the ice,If it held bizarro despite his strength,it will easily hold namor's own..however the ability to emit electricity from his body could come in handy there. Once again,not saying he would win,at all.
Judging by his recent fights,the trident is actually standard for him right now,don't know about the mace for herc tho...I was just pointing out that namor just as much,if not more to the table than hercules.

How, Namor and Thing are evenly matched on land. Hercules is a step above. Even in water Hercules is slightly stronger. Namor has speed and mobility to kinda even out the fight.

Superman wins this easily. Hv for Namor and Freeze breath for Hercules. Or Bfr Hercules and beat down Namor first.

You probably haven't read any other comic involving namor and thing aside from avx...not even going to bother about the hercules bit

h1a8
Iron man beat namor with steam? That is either a misinpretation or a very,very low end feat,how do u dehydrate namor underwater exactly? Let alone with hot steam?...namor usually just walks right through stark's attacks and beats him to the ground..:e also shrugged of re-entry into the eath's atmosphere etc....he DID have a problem with heat based attacks way back during his invaders time,where jim hammond usually faced him,but since then,he hasn't had much problem,he even carried human torch who was going nova to safety.

Few times I remember him dehydrated is during his fight with shuri,with her wakandian tech,and I think a nimrod tried to dehydrate him by manipulating the ambient humidity,not sure if that worked...

I am not saying namor would win,I know he dosent,I am just pointing out that he is a strong factor,especially with his current feats of strength/durability...as for the ice,If it held bizarro despite his strength,it will easily hold namor's own..however the ability to emit electricity from his body could come in handy there. Once again,not saying he would win,at all.
Judging by his recent fights,the trident is actually standard for him right now,don't know about the mace for herc tho...I was just pointing out that namor just as much,if not more to the table than hercules.

You probably haven't read any other comic involving namor and thing aside from avx...not even going to bother about the hercules bit Namor has several times fought evenly with Thing. I would say from ALL of their fights that Namor is slightly stronger.

Genii96
Yea too bad namor has oneshotted thing in several fights and beaten him alongside the entire fantastic four..but like I said,not gonna start any argument on that

Delta1938

It was a while ago I read the scans(and, being second hand, certainly could've been out of context whether intentionally or by mistake). They weren't the only examples shown, but were the worst. The reentry feat was shown, but the examples of heat taking him out(or at least having a very bad effect) outweighed the good examples given. Not saying he couldn't get better. But if heat can have the same type of effect(even if he's more resistant to it), Superman is one of the worst characters for Namor to go against with him one-shoting Despero and other examples.

He can give Superman some trouble, since Supes tends to hold back, but Superman has taken on literally stronger teams.

Not sure how it works, but yeah, it did take Bizarro out of the fight. It also restrained Brainiac for a bit before Superman attacked again, and Brainiac is stronger than Superman.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/SuperBreath/FreezeBreath/Miscellaneous/th_AC845-PG16.jpg http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/SuperBreath/FreezeBreath/Miscellaneous/th_AC870-PG10.jpg

I'm guessing you were referring to potentially escaping from the ice about Namor's electricity? Also, curious what the trident has done. I'm thinking Abhi's OP would rule it out, but I'm wondering regardless of it being allowed or not.

Namor has several times fought evenly with Thing. I would say from ALL of their fights that Namor is slightly stronger.

Namor has also had several fights where he's shown to be in the league of Hercules, Thor and Hulk. Despite the tier thread putting him at high Mid-Tier, I place him at low Top-Tier, at least as a brick.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>