Star Wars Rebels: the culling of the Order 66 survivors?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shey Tapani
So basically our cowboy Jedi Kanan is an another Order 66 survivor despite the fact that we have already too many of those. On the other hand this could be an opurtunity to see soem rarely seen Jedi in Rebels and reduce the number of Jedi that might be alive during the Battle of Yavin.
Who would you like to see? Who would you like to see die? Who would you like to see showcased despite the fact that they lived past Luke's discovery of the Force? What about other force sensitive light side groups?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
So basically our cowboy Jedi Kanan is an another Order 66 survivor despite the fact that we have already too many of those. On the other hand this could be an opurtunity to see soem rarely seen Jedi in Rebels and reduce the number of Jedi that might be alive during the Battle of Yavin.
Who would you like to see?

Definitely Scout. Maybe Maris Brood.

Who would you like to see die?

Definitely not Scout.

Shey Tapani
TFU is supposed be noncanon according to the story group but she and Kota are cool so i don't mind seeing them.

ares834
TFU is supposed be noncanon according to the story group but she and Kota are cool so i don't mind seeing them.

Huh, when was that said?

Galan007
I'd like to see Quinlan Vos and his family. My only reservation is that they(the show execs) will ruin his preexisting post-Order 666 story.

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by ares834
Huh, when was that said?

https://twitter.com/A_Targaryen/status/411464438785396736

DARTH POWER

This guy legit?

Kind of disappointed, but not completely surprised considering TFU saw the beginning of the Rebel Alliance which is what the show Rebels will focus on.

Shey Tapani
Pablo Hidalgo is part of the story group. The newly appointed overlords of canon.

ares834
Huh. TFU sucked so it's not sad to see it go.

DARTH POWER
^ Well at least no more arguments about how exaggerated the feats were in that.

But damn Vader himself was such a beast in TFU. That's why I'm kind of disappointed (but not entirely surprised considering the story of Rebels).

Shey Tapani
Huh. TFU sucked so it's not sad to see it go.

I agree, too bad for some of the interesting characters caught up in a plot that was to complex for it's own good.

Lord Stark
Wow really? So Galen Marek never existed? ****.

Tzeentch
Excellent.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Wow really? So Galen Marek never existed? ****.

Galen Marek still exists. It's just from now on he exists in a parallel universe similar to DC Comics Elseworlds.

FU is supposed be noncanon according to the story group but she and Kota are cool so i don't mind seeing them.

Maybe they can be brought into the new series with a few story adjustments. We've seen "tweaks" to continuity before.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Galen Marek still exists. It's just from now on he exists in a parallel universe similar to DC Comics Elseworlds.

Maybe they can be brought into the new series with a few story adjustments. We've seen "tweaks" to continuity before.

Lul he's as canon as 100% Anakin now. Great. Well that's...okay. I hated TFU II. The whole storyline was jank.

chilled monkey
Lul he's as canon as 100% Anakin now. Great.

Canon is overrated. Like I said just think of it as an Elseworlds. A story doesn't need to be canon to enjoy it.

Well that's...okay. I hated TFU II. The whole storyline was jank.

You're entitled to your opinion. Personally I rather liked it. I thought it was a great story about one man's quest for identity that explored some interesting questions about what makes us human. I like the idea that although Starkiller was created in a lab and given implanted memories, he is no less human because of his heart and soul. He's like Ben Reilly, the Scarlet Spider.

Plus, the defective clones were a neat idea. I've always liked "hero vs his doppelganger" stories and Starkiller having to fight an army of his own insane deformed clones was an awesome variation on that theme that I can't recall seeing before.

Originally posted by Galan007
I'd like to see Quinlan Vos and his family. My only reservation is that they(the show execs) will ruin his preexisting post-Order 666 story.

Agreed.

As I said, I'd most like to see Scout (but no death). "Star Wars:The Essential Guide to Warfare" established that she and Ahsoka were friends so that could be worked in.

Stealth Moose
Scout, Whie and Ahsoka, power trio?

King Joker
I definitely want 2 see Ahsoka. Also Ventress & Captain Rex, maybe even Maul...

DARTH POWER
Oh yeah, give me some more Ventress please. She's actually never been canonically killed off. Not in TCW animation or in the novels/comics.

ares834

Just saw this today as well.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/39a7931d78369bf09a76f4443ff0d7ab/tumblr_mxtvicoUdn1sh5qqjo2_500.png

His entire Twitter is deleted now though so who knows if he was just blowing smoke.

DARTH POWER
Just saw this today as well.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/39a7931d78369bf09a76f4443ff0d7ab/tumblr_mxtvicoUdn1sh5qqjo2_500.png

His entire Twitter is deleted now though so who knows if he was just blowing smoke.

Well that's wrong anyway because Disney have made it clear their books and comics will also be canon. The question is only about what previous books and comics will make it into the new canon.

In any case it's highly unlikely TFU can remain canon, since the start of the rebellion will obviously be retconned by REBELS.

ares834
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well that's wrong anyway because Disney have made it clear their books and comics will also be canon. The question is only about what previous books and comics will make it into the new canon.

Perhaps. But he could simply be speaking of current continuity and "what's to come" could refer to all new Star Wars stories.

But, like I said, he could simply be blowing smoke. I doubt it though.

Shey Tapani
Or maybe he mixed up the defintitons. Things changed fast after the Disney aquisition.

juyomaster34
A cowboy??? TFU was better...I think they didn't want to see Vader broken...again...Galen kicked his ass...
I'm tring to wrap my mind around this....cowboy drama....I don't like the cowboy gimmick...sorry...

smuggler...bounty hunter...jedi wanderer..something...a cowboy??!!...who do I want to see die?
The cowboy??!!! I rather see Galen,Kento,Ahsoka,Rahm Kota,and The Dark Woman.....
I will still watch it because I'm curious...not all Jedi shut off their lightsabers...during the dark times...

I'm sure there were a few jedi still practing (secretly)...

Shey Tapani
Calm down, he won't be using a southern accent. What;s wrong with cowboys. just another archetype like Samurai that SW can use.

juyomaster34
Will he ride a bantha or a Dewback?
Rhonto,maybe? wait Kath hound!!!!
Cowboys aren't that cool,cocky,but not that cool imo.

I still rather see a bounty hunter,wait...what blaster will he use?
westar 35 or 34 or that sawed off Rawk special?
I'll still watch it,when will it come to TV and what channel?

Emperordmb
I want to see Ahsoka get curbstomped and brutally murdered by Darth Vader. It would be an interesting plot dynamic to have Vader kill his former apprentice that way, it would be a fitting end for Ahsoka, and it would portray Vader to be a ruthless and brutal Sith Lord... it's perfect

juyomaster34
Yeah ,I kind of like Ahsoka.
I hope she can give a better view of watching it than the cowboy.
Maybe we see Vader fight Kento or the Dark Woman.

I'm guessing we'll see Dark Jedi,Emperor Hands,and Inquisitors?

Tzeentch
I want every character introduced in the EU to not be in the show. To cease to exist.

Darth Abonis
I'm tired of Order 66 survivors. Their shouldn't be that many running around.

juyomaster34
I'm glad they're more because the storm troopers aren't mandalorian trained.
I read there are stupid..like B1 battle droid stupid...not very good shooters..etc
they replaced the clones and just got almost anyone...

Not all Clones obeyed 66.
Not all Jedi died.Like they want us to believe.
Some were still using light sabers.

Palpatine failed...If all the Jedi died included Yoda and Obi Wan,there would be no Luke Skywalker or NJO or Jacen Solo...

Because the secret of who Luke,Leia,Anakin/Vader were,would have died with Yoda and Obi Wan.

King Joker
I want Ahsoka to fight the Inquisitor and totally stomp him, that would be so cool.

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by Tzeentch
I want every character introduced in the EU to not be in the show. To cease to exist.

Then you are screwed. The Filoni will put some EU in.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Tzeentch

Why?

EU has awesome characters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.