Hyperion vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Both current versions

Who wins

carver9
Lol. BT

Insane Titan
Shut up for once carver with your whining f*ggot routine.

Either answer or stay out the thread troll

Khazra Reborn
Hyperion's few showings have been impressive, but I don't think he's been around long enough yet to say definitively that he can, or can't beat Hulk.

Estacado
Hyperion stopped a planet moving near lightspeed didnt he?

Khazra Reborn
No, 500,000 mph. Very impressive, but nowhere near light.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
No, 500,000 mph. Very impressive, but nowhere near light.

Can you tell me what comic and issue number that happened in, please?

Estacado
Still more impressive then Hulk except WBH off course.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Can you tell me what comic and issue number that happened in, please?

It was in a recent issue of Avengers, an issue or two ago. It was right after Infinity wrapped up.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Lol. BT
Not a bait thread. Please continue.

carver9
Hulk recently punched so hard that he punched through time and erased all of his previous events that happened before hand. Hulk wins this.

bluewaterrider
confused

Wait, you said Superboy Prime did WHAT again ... ?

celeyhyga17
Hyperion for me.

Carver's fault. He's converted me to a Hyperion fan during the those days Hype was exhibiting "trans" level power(as Carv so eloquently put) and was so quick to extol all the virtues of his feats.

Carvster, I thank you. You have shown me the light.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Shut up for once carver with your whining f*ggot routine.

Either answer or stay out the thread troll that didn't take long. new flame record

carver9
confused

Wait, you said Superboy Prime did WHAT again ... ?

No, Hulk did that.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/11hulk.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/14hulk.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/15hulk.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/16hulk.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/17hulk.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/19hulk.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/20hulk.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/21hulk.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/23hulk.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/24hulk.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/25hulk.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/26hulk.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/hulk/27hulk.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Hyperion for me.

Carver's fault. He's converted me to a Hyperion fan during the those days Hype was exhibiting "trans" level power(as Carv so eloquently put) and was so quick to extol all the virtues of his feats.

Carvster, I thank you. You have shown me the light.

Lol.

psycho gundam
carver, always phucking shit up

Insane Titan
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that didn't take long. new flame record didn't take long for carvers sock account to post either.

Isn't there some pics of underage girls in the OTF for you to fap over?

celeyhyga17
Whoa!

Who pissed in hour cereal?

Insane Titan
Whoa!

Who pissed in hour cereal? gundam doing his usual stalk n report routine

DarkSaint85
Hyperion.

LordofBrooklyn
Hyperion.

Hickman approves of this post!

Angel Watching
Hyperion

zopzop
Hulk retcon punches Hickman's pet into oblivion. Hulk 10/10 (minus BFR).

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Insane Titan
didn't take long for carvers sock account to post either.

Isn't there some pics of underage girls in the OTF for you to fap over? Originally posted by Insane Titan
gundam doing his usual stalk n report routine wut

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by psycho gundam
wut
Stop being a boolly
mad

Golgo13
Hyperion wins. Hulk makes him work for it, though.

The Sorrow
Besides a couple of good strength feats, Hyperion hasn't really shown much to suggest he wins this. He still needs a really epic combat showing or two. In their brief exchange they both took each others attacks pretty well, although Hulk was able to draw blood. Hulk also has clean wins over past Hyperion incarnations, and should be the safer bet.

Hulk wins.

DarkSaint85
Can't Hype BFR him?

The Sorrow
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Can't Hype BFR him?
How?

If you mean by getting him off planet, Hulk could just do the same to Hyperion.

8swords
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Besides a couple of good strength feats, Hyperion hasn't really shown much to suggest he wins this. He still needs a really epic combat showing or two. In their brief exchange they both took each others attacks pretty well, although Hulk was able to draw blood. Hulk also has clean wins over past Hyperion incarnations, and should be the safer bet.

Hulk wins.

this, though I'm still undecided on who would win,

DarkSaint85
How?

If you mean by getting him off planet, Hulk could just do the same to Hyperion.

Hyperion can fly, doe.

The Sorrow
Hyperion can fly, doe.
Of course, but then what are we calling a bfr? And is that really a win anyway seeing as though both characters would be fine regardless of who was knocked away?

Hulk could hit Hyperion so far from Earth that he doesn't return, or at least in time which should also count as battlefield removal, no? In the same issue Hyperion caught that rogue planet, Hulk jumped from Mars to said planet while pushing that giant anchor so it's conceivable that even he can return eventually.

DarkSaint85
Of course, but then what are we calling a bfr? And is that really a win anyway seeing as though both characters would be fine regardless of who was knocked away?

Hulk could hit Hyperion so far from Earth that he doesn't return, or at least in time which should also count as battlefield removal, no? In the same issue Hyperion caught that rogue planet, Hulk jumped from Mars to said planet while pushing that giant anchor so it's conceivable that even he can return eventually.

I don't think Hulk can hit Hyperion that far.

How close was Mars to the rogue planet?

And yes, I do count it as a win as Hulk would be helpless in space. Like when Starbrand sent him up into space, and Hulk needed fetching.

carver9

And yes, I do count it as a win as Hulk would be helpless in space. Like when Starbrand sent him up into space, and Hulk needed fetching.

Is bfr in character for Hyperion? Who has he bfred because looking at all his fights, he tend to take the forward approach.

leonidas
huk.

DarkSaint85
Is bfr in character for Hyperion? Who has he bfred because looking at all his fights, he tend to take the forward approach.

Up until Fear Itself, Thor was the same. Then he admitted he couldn't beat Nul, then sent him into space.

In character, Hype is a pretty frickin' smart guy.

He's no tactical genius like Cap, but when the Hulk gives him a damn good fight (and let's be real here, he will), and there is even a possibility that Hulk MIGHT win (which would be harder than the possibility Hype wins, seeing has Hype has the whole surviving universes thing), I argue that, in character, his super intellect will kick in and he will BFR the Hulk.

The alternative is that he will rush in like a brick, the Hulk will punch him around (but no 1 hit KO; again, see the universes thing) and despite seeing that he's losing, he.....keeps trying to engage the Hulk in H2H combat.

Does that sound like a clever guy?

The Sorrow

Of course he can, he effortlessly threw Fing Fang Foom to the moon and has knocked several large objects out of orbit throughout his career. Hyperion is the weight of a built, but regular man.

I don't think a distance was given but it clearly was a significant distance enough to completely avoid the trajectory of the planet. It was travelling in a straight line at 500,00 mph and once Hulk pushed the anchor to the rogue planet it was stated that it would reach Earth in one hour. Pretty sure that even at it's closest points of orbit, Mars is still millions of miles from Earth.

Starbrand teleported him there which is an ability Hyperion doesn't have.

DarkSaint85
Of course he can, he effortlessly threw Fing Fang Foom to the moon and has knocked several large objects out of orbit throughout his career. Hyperion is the weight of a built, but regular man.

I don't think a distance was given but it clearly was a significant distance enough to completely avoid the trajectory of the planet. It was travelling in a straight line at 500,00 mph and once Hulk pushed the anchor to the rogue planet it was stated that it would reach Earth in one hour. Pretty sure that even at it's closest points of orbit, Mars is still millions of miles from Earth.

Starbrand teleported him there which is an ability Hyperion doesn't have.

Wait, so that would be sufficient to BFR Hype to count as a forum win? How slow IS he?

I know Starbrand teleported him there - but the end result was the same.

abhilegend
Hulk wins. Hype's combat showings are pretty meh TBH.

carver9
Up until Fear Itself, Thor was the same. Then he admitted he couldn't beat Nul, then sent him into space.

In character, Hype is a pretty frickin' smart guy.

He's no tactical genius like Cap, but when the Hulk gives him a damn good fight (and let's be real here, he will), and there is even a possibility that Hulk MIGHT win (which would be harder than the possibility Hype wins, seeing has Hype has the whole surviving universes thing), I argue that, in character, his super intellect will kick in and he will BFR the Hulk.

The alternative is that he will rush in like a brick, the Hulk will punch him around (but no 1 hit KO; again, see the universes thing) and despite seeing that he's losing, he.....keeps trying to engage the Hulk in H2H combat.

Does that sound like a clever guy?

I think the fight would be even enough that he wouldn't have to resort to a cheap tactic like that. I also think he would realize a lil to late that he probably should have used another tactic instead of engaging Hulk (which again is in character for him). Also, why are you bringing up the Universe destroying ft?

The Sorrow
Originally posted by abhilegend
Hulk wins. Hype's combat showings are pretty meh TBH.
Basically this.

And even though he has pretty impressive strength feats, especially in this modern age of comics, Hickman still regards Hulk as the strongest on the team. Giving Hype the win here seems to boil down to preference more than anything else.

abhilegend
Basically this.

And even though he has pretty impressive strength feats, especially in this modern age of comics, Hickman still regards Hulk as the strongest on the team. Giving Hype the win here seems to boil down to preference more than anything else. thumb up

That should tell everybody how comics work. You can have as many feats as you want, hierarchy is what matters.

Bentley
Abhi knows his sh_t thumb up

abhilegend
Its just the thing that Hickman started Hyperion at such a high feat that now everybody knows that he is just going to have a lot of silly feats at his name. Now he could toss a universe and destroy another with a fart and nobody would give a shit. He is a boring character who Hickman created just to write a superman with no personality and just the power fantasy element. Him surviving two universes destroying was such a high note that nothing can surpass it for him now and that's why every feat for him looks meh now.

Stoic
I'll give the Hulk the nod for now. Hyperion has a lot to prove still, while the Hulk has decades of proof that he could and should be able to take this with some difficulty.

carver9
With a lot of difficulty imo. I just dont know what level Hulk is operating at right now. Marvel is clearly loving the character.

Diesldude
Hulk wins.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Bentley
Abhi knows his sh_t thumb up
get a room

Mindset
get a room I...I think this is their room.

http://media1.giphy.com/media/nHoIlj7KrC8og/giphy.gif

DarkSaint85
I think the fight would be even enough that he wouldn't have to resort to a cheap tactic like that. I also think he would realize a lil to late that he probably should have used another tactic instead of engaging Hulk (which again is in character for him). Also, why are you bringing up the Universe destroying ft?

I brought it up because for it to be a little too late, Hulk would have to be smacking him around pretty badly. To be hurting him so badly he is unable to mount an effective resistance.

And considering what he has tanked in the past and was still OK, Hulk would have to surpass the energy of two universes colliding.

Sin I AM
I despise both characters. ..stalemate

carver9
I brought it up because for it to be a little too late, Hulk would have to be smacking him around pretty badly. To be hurting him so badly he is unable to mount an effective resistance.

And considering what he has tanked in the past and was still OK, Hulk would have to surpass the energy of two universes colliding.

Lol...the thing that goes against your post is, Hulk and Hyperion already fought and a mind controlled Hulk drew blood from Hyperion with a single blow.

DarkSaint85
Lol...the thing that goes against your post is, Hulk and Hyperion already fought and a mind controlled Hulk drew blood from Hyperion with a single blow.

So you're saying that the universe feat was PIS?

Or that the drawing of blood was PIS?

Or maybe the punch Hulk threw was more than 2 universes colliding?

carver9
So you're saying that the universe feat was PIS?

Or that the drawing of blood was PIS?

Or maybe the punch Hulk threw was more than 2 universes colliding?

Neither. What I am getting from it is, Hulk is just that strong. We both know the levels Hulk is currently operating at...lets not pretend like Hulk drawing blood from Hyperion is a surprised ft. Especially considering the other stuff he's done recently.

confused

DarkSaint85
OK.

So Hyperion is super durable, and at the same time, not. And its not like Superman with a looong history and multiple showings under different writers.... This version of Hype has only just appeared.

How am I supposed to judge his durability if both feats are valid? That he's durable enough to survive two universes exploding, and yet, a mind controlled high herald (as per forum rules, won't be operating at 100% efficiency) can draw blood?

carver9
OK.

So Hyperion is super durable, and at the same time, not. And its not like Superman with a looong history and multiple showings under different writers.... This version of Hype has only just appeared.

How am I supposed to judge his durability if both feats are valid? That he's durable enough to survive two universes exploding, and yet, a mind controlled high herald (as per forum rules, won't be operating at 100% efficiency) can draw blood?

No. You find a middle ground. Wolverine claws is powerful enough to cut Thanos but fails at cutting Odin. You go from there. We both know Hyperion doesn't have Universe busting durability...that's insane but we do know it's high end. Starbrand has hurt him along with Thanos henchmen along with a future robot that koed the entire Avenger roaster. We know that all of these attacks are powerful but they are no where near universe busting. That's why I never use that ft when debating for Hyperion unless someone bring up crazy showings that isn't the average for the character that is going up against Hyperion. Like bench pressing Earth.

DarkSaint85
You are so wise, carver.

carver9
You are so wise, carver.

Happy Dance

This is not done though. Dispute my post so that we can continue our debate. mad

DarkSaint85
There is no debate. You're wrong and I am right.....Hyperion is smartenough to go for the BFR.

Your posts confirmed my tthinking. He knows Hulk is strong enoughto draw blood.....he wwon't take chances.

carver9
There is no debate. You're wrong and I am right.....Hyperion is smartenough to go for the BFR.

Your posts confirmed my tthinking. He knows Hulk is strong enoughto draw blood.....he wwon't take chances.

Lol...so you are going to say that I'm wrong? Really Dark?

Insane Titan
It's quite clear Carter is wrong

DarkSaint85
Lol...so you are going to say that I'm wrong? Really Dark?

He honestly doesn't seem that stupid a character. He was the one who deduced the body was that of an alternate universe Hank Pym, by measuring the exposure to the Sun, for example.

He knows what the Hulk is capable of....this wouldn't be their first battle.

And yet....you're telling me, in character, he'll stick to H2H until its too late?

You obviously know more than I do about Hyperion then.....

tkitna
So Hulk is punching hard enough to erase time now?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/126/314/3cd8a33a.png

bluewaterrider

Hyperion is super durable ...

... considering what he has tanked in the past and was still OK,
Hulk would have to surpass the energy of two universes colliding ...

Doesn't follow.

Marvel supertanks, including Hype and Gladiator, have always proven vulnerable to the kind of eclectic strategies the Hulk habitually comes up with.

Nor do I see why anyone assumes the fight has to be some long torturous affair.
Certainly the first Hulk/Hyperion battle I know of didn't go like that ...

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2r2ltll.jpg
http://oi60.tinypic.com/2u9iw4i.jpg

DarkSaint85
Different Hype.

Bentley
get a room

I'll give you a thumbs up when you deserve it, don't be jealous!

carver9
He honestly doesn't seem that stupid a character. He was the one who deduced the body was that of an alternate universe Hank Pym, by measuring the exposure to the Sun, for example.

He knows what the Hulk is capable of....this wouldn't be their first battle.

And yet....you're telling me, in character, he'll stick to H2H until its too late?

You obviously know more than I do about Hyperion then.....

I'll have to get the comic again so that I can.post scans but during his scuffle with the Hulk, Hyperion was smiling. He enjoyed the fight and didn't seem as if he even thought about bfring Hulk...seemed to me like he was happy he found a worthy opponent. Also, reading all of Hype appearances, he is cocky as hell. Bfring isn't in his nature imo. This has nothing to do with who's being smart, this leans more on Hype fighting 'in character'.

DarkSaint85
I'll have to get the comic again so that I can.post scans but during his scuffle with the Hulk, Hyperion was smiling. He enjoyed the fight and didn't seem as if he even thought about bfring Hulk...seemed to me like he was happy he found a worthy opponent. Also, reading all of Hype appearances, he is cocky as hell. Bfring isn't in his nature imo. This has nothing to do with who's being smart, this leans more on Hype fighting 'in character'.

I'm sure he was smiling and was enjoying himself with a worthy opponent.

Would he still be smiling when he's being beaten to a bloody pulp? Prob not.

carver9
I'm sure he was smiling and was enjoying himself with a worthy opponent.

Would he still be smiling when he's being beaten to a bloody pulp? Prob not.

By that time, how is Hyperion bfring Hulk? A blitz? Not happening. Hulk is currently blitzing around more than any character right now minus Flash.

abhilegend
facepalm

DarkSaint85
By that time, how is Hyperion bfring Hulk? A blitz? Not happening. Hulk is currently blitzing around more than any character right now minus Flash.

True, it would never happen.

Because Hyperion would punch the Hulk out of him mad

carver9
True, it would never happen.

Because Hyperion would punch the Hulk out of him mad

Lol both know why Hulk reverted back to Banner.

DarkSaint85
Lol both know why Hulk reverted back to Banner.

Liberal applications of Hyperion's fist?

http://oi50.tinypic.com/4ftz02.jpg

carver9
Read what the lady said. She lost her connection with Hulk around the same time Hyperion and Hulk was fighting. Pretty obvious if you ask me unless you think Hulk and Hyperion should have continued fighting, even though Hulk wasn't mind controlled anymore?

DarkSaint85
Read what the lady said. She lost her connection with Hulk around the same time Hyperion and Hulk was fighting. Pretty obvious if you ask me unless you think Hulk and Hyperion should have continued fighting, even though Hulk wasn't mind controlled anymore?

So even after he'd been punched, current Indestructible Hulk (with less Banner control than before) will stop fighting?

Besides, he didn't change until AFTER the punch. Not before.

carver9
So even after he'd been punched, current Indestructible Hulk (with less Banner control than before) will stop fighting?

Besides, he didn't change until AFTER the punch. Not before.

He lost control, Hulk turned to Banner, Banner lifts his hands in the air letting him know the Mind control has been unleashed. It's pretty simple.

bluewaterrider

http://oi50.tinypic.com/4ftz02.jpg

confused

Little lost here.

Dark, this scan of yours where Thor makes lightning come down ...

Did he really just make Mjolnir materialize out of thin air?

It sure looks like he did, and Hyperion is cuffless, so it can't be Hype's hand raised in that first panel ...

Can Thor do that? Can he just make his hammer appear from nowhere at will?

carver9
The hammer flew to his hand when he raised it. They just didn't show that part.

DarkSaint85
confused

Little lost here.

Dark, this scan of yours where Thor makes lightning come down ...

Did he really just make Mjolnir materialize out of thin air?

It sure looks like he did, and Hyperion is cuffless, so it can't be Hype's hand raised in that first panel ...

Can Thor do that? Can he just make his hammer appear from nowhere at will?

He just called it, it was nearby IIRC.

bluewaterrider
The hammer flew to hand when he raised it.
They just didn't show that part.

Thanks, C.

He just called it, it was nearby IIRC.

Thank you, too, D.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.