The Birds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Disasterman
Would someone PLEASE do a 3-d IMAX remake of "The Birds"? Could be the scariest movie ever!!

Patient_Leech
Seems like I remember hearing a while back that it was getting a remake. Probably won't be very scary, though. They really shouldn't remake Hitchcock movies. Still can't believe they remade Psycho.. it was bad.

Esau Cairn
Didn't the 3rd Resident Evil already have crows attacking?

I'm just saying in this day & age, a movie based purely on birds attacking wouldn't have the same impact as it did in the 60's.

marwash22
remakes are for shit movies, or movies that suffered from being made ahead of their time. what could possibly be accomplished by remaking a practically flawless movie?

Julianna
Originally posted by marwash22
remakes are for shit movies, or movies that suffered from being made ahead of their time. what could possibly be accomplished by remaking a practically flawless movie?

They did remake Psycho and it did suck. Maybe Hitchcock films don't need a remake after all. I agree that birds attacking was scarier in the '60's than it would be now. Point taken. I don't think Stephen King's Carrie needed a remake either.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Disasterman
Would someone PLEASE do a 3-d IMAX remake of "The Birds"? Could be the scariest movie ever!! Sure man I'll get right on it.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read something about it, oh, probably... years ago. Here's an IMDB page: The Birds (in development).

Maybe it's stuck in development hell. Let's hope it stays there.

Jim Colyer
When I saw it, my girl friend kept digging her fingernails into my arm.

Esau Cairn
The thing is, it's a Hitchcock movie...not just remaking a bird-themed horror movie.

It's like wanting to remake a Scorsese or Speilberg movie.
It won't won't without the original director's influence.

Mindship
Any remake would miss the point. We'd end up seeing CGI birds with mean / scary / unbirdlike grimaces, to show how awezomely bads these birds are. The subtler, psychological stuff ("why are they attacking?? why?? why??"wink would be one of the first casualties of the movie.

C'mon. Hollywood. Stop thinking solely of the bottom line and seek original material. It'll be good for everyone. Honest.

Bentley
Instead of remaking good movies they should remake shitty movies thumb up

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Mindship
Any remake would miss the point. We'd end up seeing CGI birds with mean / scary / unbirdlike grimaces, to show how awezomely bads these birds are. The subtler, psychological stuff ("why are they attacking?? why?? why??"wink would be one of the first casualties of the movie.

C'mon. Hollywood. Stop thinking solely of the bottom line and seek original material. It'll be good for everyone. Honest.

thumb up

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Bentley
Instead of remaking good movies they should remake shitty movies thumb up

"Second Chance: After Earth. Now with less Will Smith and his spawn!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.