Darkseid, Tyrant (DP) vs Odin, Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Which uber team takes it?

No BFR

Reflassshh
Team one 6/10

carver9
Darkseid is the weak link.

Tony Stark
Team 2... Darkseid is the weak link.

zopzop
T1.

guy222
Agreed. DP Tyrant is the key here

Xplosive
Team one.

Insane Titan
Team 2 as Odin is most powerful here

Stoic
Why are people saying that Darkseid is the weak link here? if he wasn't blinded in his last encounter with the JLA he would have dominated them. As it were, he was doing just that. The old DS of the pre flashpoint era could only be defeated by either an all out Superman, or a sun amped one. I have many reasons to believe that Superman can operate at high Trans levels while amped, and he has many showings to back my beliefs, whether or not they be strength feats or combat feats. he does have low ones as well, but to only look at his lows would be low balling him to make a point.. a weak one but a point all the same.

Sorry that's just my two cents on it. I believe that Darkseid would give Thanos a tough time, he may lose, but I think Thanos would have to work for it. I also realize that Darkseid has lost to Orion, but Orion was written up as well. HP Doomsday was a beast too, so there's also that.

Most guys that have ever defeated Darkseid had "The Glow".

guy222
Always favor Thanos over DS, but its hilarious how they both lose. Starlin will make em crush the Guardians and Surfer. As for the big dog still Tyrant

Stoic
Originally posted by guy222
Always favor Thanos over DS, but its hilarious how they both lose. Starlin will make em crush the Guardians and Surfer. As for the big dog still Tyrant

Insane Titan believes that Tyrant is the big dog here though, and I can understand why. He did better against Galactus, while Odin did better against Thanos. It's become more difficult to say who would win between Thanos and Darkseid, because Superman is crazy powerful when he goes apeshit. Like I said before, the only ones capable of beating Darkseid have always had the plot Glow on their sides.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by guy222
Always favor Thanos over DS, but its hilarious how they both lose. Starlin will make em crush the Guardians and Surfer. As for the big dog still Tyrant the lose because they are villains it's not a hard concept to understand.

Let me geuss you wouldn't have a problem with Hulk crushing the Annihilators though eh.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Stoic
Insane Titan believes that Tyrant is the big dog here though, and I can understand why. He did better against Galactus, while Odin did better against Thanos. It's become more difficult to say who would win between Thanos and Darkseid, because Superman is crazy powerful when he goes apeshit. Like I said before, the only ones capable of beating Darkseid have always had the plot Glow on their sides. I said Odin is the big dog here not Tyrant

Stoic
Originally posted by Insane Titan
I said Odin is the big dog here not Tyrant

I know you did brother, I'm not sure if you're completely correct though. For the record I felt the same way but then Tyrant went and had a better showing against a fed Galactus than Odin did, and that thought threw a monkey wrench into my first thoughts. Feel me? Oh and sorry about the mix up with what you said. got it twisted.

guy222
the lose because they are villains it's not a hard concept to understand.

Let me geuss you wouldn't have a problem with Hulk crushing the Annihilators though eh. Good guys always win n the end. Not at all stick out tongue

guy222
I know you did brother, I'm not sure if you're completely correct though. For the record I felt the same way but then Tyrant went and had a better showing against a fed Galactus than Odin did, and that thought threw a monkey wrench into my first thoughts. Feel me? Oh and sorry about the mix up with what you said. got it twisted. Hey friend. The whole mental fight w/G and Odin had many interpretations confirmed by the writer himself. Its how anyone saw who won and lost

Xplosive
FP Tyrant beats them combined.

guy222
DP Tyrant X. How u been

Xplosive
I've been good... you?

guy222
Doin good. Just got off work. Been in Missouri now a year

Insane Titan
I know you did brother, I'm not sure if you're completely correct though. For the record I felt the same way but then Tyrant went and had a better showing against a fed Galactus than Odin did, and that thought threw a monkey wrench into my first thoughts. Feel me? Oh and sorry about the mix up with what you said. got it twisted. I see you're point but for Odin handled the likes of Surfer and Drax one shorting them both whilst Tyrant still stomp his opponents but didn't one shot them all.

Thanos managed to hurt Tyrant with a punch unaided by the orb and held his own in a test of strength with Tyrant whilst he did nothing against Odin.

Part if the reason Tyrant did well against Galactus is because he used Galactus tech which he can't do to Odin

zopzop
I see you're point but for Odin handled the likes of Surfer and Drax one shorting them both whilst Tyrant still stomp his opponents but didn't one shot them all.

Thanos managed to hurt Tyrant with a punch unaided by the orb and held his own in a test of strength with Tyrant whilst he did nothing against Odin.

Part if the reason Tyrant did well against Galactus is because he used Galactus tech which he can't do to Odin
Thanos ran from Tyrant.

Thanos stood around for more vs Odin.

2 + 2 = 4? wink

Insane Titan
Originally posted by zopzop
Thanos ran from Tyrant.

Thanos stood around for more vs Odin.

2 + 2 = 4? wink he achieved what wanted from Tryant , he didn't from Odin as we wanted him to help stop Thor before he came far to much of a threat , huge difference

zopzop
he achieved what wanted from Tryant , he didn't from Odin as we wanted him to help stol Thor before he came far to much of a threat , huge difference
He also admitted Tyrant would kill him if he stayed around. He said no such thing vs Odin.

He went into that Tyrant fight prepped and with one of Tyrant's power orbs. He went into Asgard to help Thor not fight Odin.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by zopzop
He also admitted Tyrant would kill him if he stayed around. He said no such thing vs Odin.

He went into that Tyrant fight prepped and with one of Tyrant's power orbs. He went into Asgard to help Thor not fight Odin. so saying something means nothing when Odin doesn't go for the kill like tyrant does and Odin wasn't even trying as hard as Tyrant.

Thanos still hurt Tyrant without the orb he never harmed Odin once . Thanos wanted Surfer to help him fight Odin Ashe only used the other as a destruction against Tyrant

JuggernautMania
and Odin wasn't even trying as hard as Tyrant.

wrong. odin saw he cant beat thanos normally so he pulled out his trident to help him chanel his energy to its peak. also funny you mentioned thanos testing his strength vs tyrant, because odin couldnt free his trident with both hands from thanos while he was holding it with 1 arm.

zopzop
so saying something means nothing when Odin doesn't go for the kill like tyrant does and Odin wasn't even trying as hard as Tyrant.

Thanos still hurt Tyrant without the orb he never harmed Odin once . Thanos wanted Surfer to help him fight Odin Ashe only used the other as a destruction against Tyrant
Odin was surprised that Thanos "was still breathing". What does that tell you? Odin wanted him dead because he thought Thanos and crew attacked and imprisoned his son for no reason.

Thanos did nothing to Tyrnat (his initial assault didn't even budge Tyrant) until he got a shot off from that Orb. Then that's when he started affecting him with his attacks. This isn't a mystery seeing as how Terrax told Thanos that the orbs were his biggest asset and greatest liability if they should be used against him (it's right there on panel : Cosmic Powers 2).

Insane Titan
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
wrong. odin saw he cant beat thanos normally so he pulled out his trident to help him chanel his energy to its peak. also funny you mentioned thanos testing his strength vs tyrant, because odin couldnt free his trident with both hands from thanos while he was holding it with 1 arm. the trident isn't used like that , it's used to Chanel the power better and so it caused less damage to asgard.

Holding his trident isn't a strength test as proven when Thanos hit Odin with a charged punch and Odin blocked it with a simple hand up

zopzop
the trident isn't used like that , it's used to Chanel the power better and so it caused less damage to asgard.

Holding his trident isn't a strength test as proven when Thanos hit Odin with a charged punch and Odin blocked it with a simple hand up
Not for anything TS, but it looked like Odin caused more damage after that Trident fiasco.

JuggernautMania
the trident isn't used like that , it's used to Chanel the power better and so it caused less damage to asgard.

no. the trident helps chanel the energy better in attacks and thats why odin pull that out.

and yes the fact odin with both hands couldnt free his trident from thanos grip with 1 arm shows strength superiority for thanos.

and no odin did not stop thanos punch with his hand, he blocked it with a magic wave, thats not physical strength.

DarkOdin
I know you did brother, I'm not sure if you're completely correct though. For the record I felt the same way but then Tyrant went and had a better showing against a fed Galactus than Odin did, and that thought threw a monkey wrench into my first thoughts. Feel me? Oh and sorry about the mix up with what you said. got it twisted.

True however DPTryant was feeding,getting stronger by absorbing Galactus's attacks something that wouldn't work here

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkOdin
True however DPTryant was feeding,getting stronger by absorbing Galactus's attacks something that wouldn't work here
Maybe, maybe not (depending on if the origin of the Gods was really retconned in CW or if it was just a retelling).

Irregardless, "DP" Tyrant draws his power from a) every planet in the UNIVERSE'S biosphere (stated and shown on panel and confirmed in his handbook entry) and b) his vast store of power orbs :
http://s27.postimg.org/vn1h7wdcf/996242_tyrant_37_38.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.