Altair VS Ezio VS Conor VS Edward VS Adéwalé

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuggernautMania
Rate the assassins from the best fighter to the worst.

BloodRain

Demonic Phoenix
I'd agree that Connor may be the best out of those, but given how Haytham is supposedly a superior fighter due to experience and training, I'd wager 53 year old Ezio and Prime Altair were better combatants than Connor was during ACIII. Altair is implied to have gone through the events of AC without getting hit at all, and 53 year old Ezio is a completely different animal from 20 year old Ezio.

Connor's likely the best free-runner though. Desmond's free-running skills take a huge jump once he gains his skills.

BloodRain
Haytham's only edge in that final duel came from Connor being caught in the damage from a cannonball hitting the building near him, struggling to walk and focus, even admitting he's in no condition to fight even guards. Even then it Connor gained the advantage over him before stabbing his arm.

Demonic Phoenix
Connor gained the advantage by cheapshotting Haytham in the gonads.
Real skill right there.

Haytham has stated at least twice that he was a superior fighter. Connor has never disagreed. Might be that Haytham's being arrogant and snobbish, but given the way they fight in-game, Haytham has had actual training in fencing. Connor's more feral.

KingD19
Haytham's advantage came from being trained by both Assassin's from a young age, and Templars. I think that combined mentality and skill set gave him an edge over Connor. Also despite what he said he felt and what he acted like, I have a feeling Connor still cared for his dad at least somewhat, while Haytham had no similar love for Connor so he could unleash more in a fight.

BloodRain
What? Being that close to the cannons destruction is more detrimental than a nut punch. To be honest that could have easily been a gut punch to get similar results, as all Connor needed was Haytham to feel that jolt of pain.

Haytham is that arrogant. Not that I recall the times besides telling Connor he has much to learn.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRain
What? Being that close to the cannons destruction is more detrimental than a nut punch. To be honest that could have easily been a gut punch to get similar results, as all Connor needed was Haytham to feel that jolt of pain.

Haytham is that arrogant. Not that I recall the times besides telling Connor he has much to learn.

Except getting punched in the gonads hurts a lot more than getting punched in the gut, and I never said Haytham was at a greater disadvantage than Connor during the fight.
Connor never used 'skill' to overpower Haytham and stab his arm, which is what you were implying. He used a cheap-shot.

Haytham said that he could have killed Connor if he wanted to. Connor agreed. I highly doubt 3 years would be enough time for Connor to become more skilled in combat than someone who could have easily killed him.

Originally posted by KingD19
Also despite what he said he felt and what he acted like, I have a feeling Connor still cared for his dad at least somewhat, while Haytham had no similar love for Connor so he could unleash more in a fight.

Haytham was the one who saved Connor at his execution.

JuggernautMania

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.