Who wins the race: Surfer vs Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dream Stuff
Flash(Wally) vs Silver Surfer

They race to one light year on a straight surface of solid ground.

Just curious.

carver9
Is Surfer on his ft or is he on his board.?.

Dream Stuff
On his board.

pym-ftw
Just speed or are shenanigans allowed?

abhilegend
Flash ran to the earth from source wall (at the end of universe) less time in which a human suffocates in space.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Wally runs from Source wall (end of the universe) with a hundred aliens to the watchtower while a space ship exploded around him by creating a portal. He turned himself to pure speed while doing it and nearly killed himself.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16794115_JLE8-page-23.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16794116_JLE8-page-24.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16794118_Untitled-Scanned-05.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16794120_Untitled-Scanned-09.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16794122_Untitled-Scanned-10.jpg

nuts

Surfer isn't that fast. Nobody is.

Stoic
How far was the Surfer away from Thanos when he had the gauntlet? how long did it take him to reach that distance? What exactly is the end of the universe in terms of distance or light years? One feat can be measured, the other simply wasn't.

Bentley
Originally posted by Stoic
How far was the Surfer away from Thanos when he had the gauntlet? how long did it take him to reach that distance? What exactly is the end of the universe in terms of distance or light years? One feat can be measured, the other simply wasn't.

Even assuming the end of the universe is just the farthest human technology can currently perceive, Flash beats Surfer handily.

Xplosive
Flash

Rao Kal El
Flash.

Stoic
Originally posted by Bentley
Even assuming the end of the universe is just the farthest human technology can currently perceive, Flash beats Surfer handily.

Hold on a second. You don't know how far it is and still give the Flash the win handily, while the Surfers feat was actually measured? i don't even think that the Flashes feat can be or should be brought up, because of the fact that it is not quantifiable. Perhaps another feat of his should be used? One that is actually quantifiable?

It's like saying Hero A can lift a lot, while on the other hand saying that Hero B can lift a trillion kilos. You see what I'm getting at?

-Pr-
In any sort of straight line race, Flash imo.

abhilegend
One light year. Source wall is at the end of the universe which is about 46 billion light years according to current estimates.Originally posted by Stoic
Hold on a second. You don't know how far it is and still give the Flash the win handily, while the Surfers feat was actually measured? i don't even think that the Flashes feat can be or should be brought up, because of the fact that it is not quantifiable. Perhaps another feat of his should be used? One that is actually quantifiable?

It's like saying Hero A can lift a lot, while on the other hand saying that Hero B can lift a trillion kilos. You see what I'm getting at?
To even pretend that Surfer's feat was better because the distance was given is utterly laughable. Going from Source Wall to Earth is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR more impressive than going a light year in a second or two. Nobody sane would argue otherwise.

Bentley

But I did give you a quantification: the end of the universe as we currently know it. That's a rather humble estimate, but it's fairly above everything Surfer has done.

If you want a ever lower quantification, I can look into past DC comics that talk about different galaxies, such distance can be mesured and would still be considered closer than the end of the universe. It would also dwarf Surfer's feats.

You're falling into the trap of thinking that the feat being unquantifiable means there is no valid comparison to make between this and other feats. Hulk can have "unquantifiable" strengh, but we can surely accept that he's stronger than Captain America when he's lifting an imaginary moon.

DarkSaint85
Flash wins.

Mindship
Running to the source wall is impressive. Offhand, I don't think the Surfer has anywhere near a comparable feat (covering several million lightyears in seconds? That's practically teleportation). But...is the source-wall run an outlier? What's the Flash's next best feat?

Surfer may be more consistent (btw, I once did a ballpark calculation of that Surfer-Thanos-CaptainAmerica feat, and it came out to about 300 megacee).

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mindship
Running to the source wall is impressive. Offhand, I don't think the Surfer has anywhere near a comparable feat (covering several million lightyears in seconds? That's practically teleportation). But...is the source-wall run an outlier? What's the Flash's next best feat?

Surfer may be more consistent (btw, I once did a ballpark calculation of that Surfer-Thanos-CaptainAmerica feat, and it came out to about 300 megacee).

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/SkiATron/flash89a.jpg

sneer

carver9
That ft was stated as being under the speed of light. Also, Surfer has moved so fast that he went back in time. That doesn't include him crossing Galaxies in seconds.

God Cloth Seiya
Flash wins.

abhilegend

Running so fast that he was racing himself.

Surfer has never crossed Galaxies in seconds. I don't think he has ever crossed galaxies on panel.

deathslash
Originally posted by carver9
That ft was stated as being under the speed of light. Also, Surfer has moved so fast that he went back in time. That doesn't include him crossing Galaxies in seconds. Good for him. But the Flash already has a bunch of feats involving him running forwards and backwards in time.

Rao Kal El
That ft was stated as being under the speed of light. Also, Surfer has moved so fast that he went back in time. That doesn't include him crossing Galaxies in seconds.

WTF?

Do the numbers my friend

Flash traveled 70 miles, 250,000 times (AT LEAST because SOMETIMES he carried 2 people at a time SOMETIMES 1) in .00001 MICROseconds

That means he traveled AT LEAST 17,500,000 miles in less than a nanoseconds 0.01 nanosecond to be exact

light travels 1 foot per nanosecond

Flash traveled 17,500,000 miles in .01 nanoseconds

and this is LOWBALLING the feat as I am counting him carrying 2 people in each trip with out even considering the fact that He had to search for people inside buildings, this is not even a straight line feat, but a complex task ftl feat.

Flash is so fast that time virtually stops for him.

And yes the writer says a hair short of the speed of light but if this is true, then it means

1.-Writer has no idea what the speed of light is
or
2.- Light travels insanely faster in the DCU compared to our universe

You pick

This feat is only one of many, you wont defeat Flash at his game.

Flash is so fast that he can race himself at the same time.

So yeah Flash wins every single time

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

And yes the writer says a hair short of the speed of light but if this is true, then it means

1.-Writer has no idea what the speed of light is
or
2.- Light travels insanely faster in the DCU compared to our universe

A third reading, is that he was both faster and slower than the speed of light.

We know the Flash carried the Koreans at 'a hair breadth's short of the speed of light'.

But when he's running BACK into the city, empty handed, without anyone in his arms and when's he's not having to worry about civilians..he's running faster.

So, rather than assuming a constant speed (the speed that he carried them there = the speed he runs back into the city), he probably took a bit more care+time when he was carrying a little old Korean lady, than ramping it up to max gear when he's on his own.

Also:

He's making two trips, of 35 miles each (assuming the city is concentrated in 1 spot - this is grossly underestimating, as Chongjin is 104 square miles;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongjin). This would be for every rescue.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

We know the Flash carried the Koreans at 'a hair breadth's short of the speed of light'.

But when he's running BACK into the city, empty handed, without anyone in his arms and when's he's not having to worry about civilians..he's running faster.

So, rather than assuming a constant speed (the speed that he carried them there = the speed he runs back into the city), he probably took a bit more care+time when he was carrying a little old Korean lady, than ramping it up to max gear when he's on his own.

Also:

He's making two trips, of 35 miles each (assuming the city is concentrated in 1 spot - this is grossly underestimating, as Chongjin is 104 square miles;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongjin). This would be for every rescue.

sneer ..........................

herbdance stick out tongue

Mindship

sneer I knew this one would show up. wink

Actually, I once did a calculation for this feat as well. Though the writer states it was under lightspeed, the feat translated into something like 500 kilocee. I'll see if I can find that post.

carver9
The numbers doesn't matter when the writer CLEARLY states Flash was going UNDER the speed of light. He threw that ft completely out of the window when he said that.

Rao Kal El
The numbers doesn't matter when the writer CLEARLY states Flash was going UNDER the speed of light. He threw that ft completely out of the window when he said that.

Um no, they do, panel showing >> narration statements

DarkSaint85

Writer clearly says they were carried there.

Says nothing about Flash when he's running empty handed - unless you want to argue he was also carrying them INTO the city?

Writer also clearly states the time taken for the whole operation, and the distance travelled.

He carried them UNDER the speed of light - but to be able to carry out the entire rescue operation in the time CLEARLY stated, he was travelling MUCH faster.

DarkSaint85
I knew this one would show up. wink

Actually, I once did a calculation for this feat as well. Though the writer states it was under lightspeed, the feat translated into something like 500 kilocee. I'll see if I can find that post.

Lol, think anyone of us with any engineering/maths bent has done the calcs before - the problem stems from the assumption we all make that Flash's speed out of the city = speed back into the city.

carver9

Says nothing about Flash when he's running empty handed - unless you want to argue he was also carrying them INTO the city?

Writer also clearly states the time taken for the whole operation, and the distance travelled.

He carried them UNDER the speed of light - but to be able to carry out the entire rescue operation in the time CLEARLY stated, he was travelling MUCH faster.

When did he NOT carry someone? Do you have a scan of this? Also, the writer clearly states he is going shy of the speed of light. It can't get any clearer than this. It's pretty obvious the writer doesn't know math, BUT, we can't exclude his intentions.

carver9
Um no, they do, panel showing >> narration statements

no expression

No!!!

Mindship

Rao Kal El

I never noticed that, WOW that meant Flash also has insane acceleration. truly the speed force allows him to defy the laws of physics.

One time I tried to see how fast was Flash compared to Usain Bolt and he was a sh!tillion times faster than him, just don't remember how much and I did it using this feat.

Rao Kal El
no expression

No!!!

Yes.

We can ask PR if you want.

DarkSaint85
When did he NOT carry someone. Do you have a scan of this? Also, the writer clearly states he is going shy if the speed of light. It can't get any clearer than this. It's pretty obvious the writer doesn't know math, BUT, we can't exclude his intentions.

Erm....when he's running back into the city. Seriously...he's EVACUATING, i.e., taking people OUT of the city.

So he runs into the city, empty handed, picks an old Korean granny up and her husband, and runs out of the city to a hill, 35 miles away. Under the speed of light.

Puts them down.

Now what, carver? Does he wish them to the hill? Or does he RUN BACK into the city? And when he runs back, does he carry the old elderly couple with him as well?

Read the scan again.

They were carried there (my emphasis). One at a time. Sometimes two. At a hair breadth's short of the speed of light.

So when he runs BACK into the city, in order to complete the entire operation in 0.0001 microseconds, he'd have to move faster than earlier, when he was under the speed of light. Really, it doesn't get any clearer than that.

carver9
Yes.

We can ask PR if you want.

Ask Digi instead.

Rao Kal El
Ask Digi instead.

Lest do this faster instead

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10590&pagenumber=18#post14207293

First statement of the page

"He can say it all he likes. We take feats above statements, because statements are fallible.

He's been shown physically moving faster than light, both before and after the reboot, on multiple occasions. You can believe that he shouldn't go faster than light. You can not like him doing it. The fact remains, though, that he has done it, and will most likely do it again based on the precedent set.

You can't debate something that factually happened on panel.

So please, move on."

carver9
Erm....when he's running back into the city. Seriously...he's EVACUATING, i.e., taking people OUT of the city.

So he runs into the city, empty handed, picks an old Korean granny up and her husband, and runs out of the city to a hill, 35 miles away. Under the speed of light.

Puts them down.

Now what, carver? Does he wish them to the hill? Or does he RUN BACK into the city? And when he runs back, does he carry the old elderly couple with him as well?

Read the scan again.

They were carried there (my emphasis). One at a time. Sometimes two. At a hair breadth's short of the speed of light.

So when he runs BACK into the city, in order to complete the entire operation in 0.0001 microseconds, he'd have to move faster than earlier, when he was under the speed of light. Really, it doesn't get any clearer than that.

You're nitpicking to safe face for a ft. He said Flash was going shy of the speed of light. He didn't clarify what he was doing when he went this fast, nothing. He simply said Flash was going under the speed of light. He didn't have to tell us that, they were carried there, put down, ran back over to the city over the speed of light, carried the people back under the speed of light, etc...etc, thats half retarded to write all of that. He gave us a clear indication on how fast Flash was going. The writer doesn't have to break this down to a fraction of an inch for us to realize the speed the writer was throwing at our face.

DarkSaint85
There's no debate. Writer clearly states they were carried under the speed of light.

He also clearly states how long the entire process took.

My explanation marries both together, and makes sense.

Rao Kal El
You're nitpicking to safe face for a ft. He said Flash was going shy of the speed of light. He didn't clarify what he was doing when he went this fast, nothing. He simply said Flash was going under the speed of light. He didn't have to tell us that, they were carried there, put down, ran back over to the city over the speed of light, carried the people back under the speed of light, etc...etc, thats half retarded to write all of that. He gave us a clear indication on how fast Flash was going. The writer doesn't have to break this down to a fraction of an inch for us to realize the speed the writer was throwing at our face.

OK That settles it, for Carver light moves faster in the DCU than in our universe.

DarkSaint85
You're nitpicking to safe face for a ft. He said Flash was going shy of the speed of light. He didn't clarify what he was doing when he went this fast, nothing. He simply said Flash was going under the speed of light. He didn't have to tell us that, they were carried there, put down, ran back over to the city over the speed of light, carried the people back under the speed of light, etc...etc, that half retarded to write all of that. He gave us a clear indication on how fast Flash was going. The writer doesn't have to break this down to a fraction of an inch for us to realize the speed the writer was throwing at our face. #

Erm, he DOES clarify and say what he was doing....he was carrying them, one at a time, sometimes two. At that speed.

He doesn't HAVE to break it down, but I had to, in order to make you understand that both statements (the time taken/distance travelled, AND the 'hair breadth's short' statement) are not mutually exclusive.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, think anyone of us with any engineering/maths bent has done the calcs before - the problem stems from the assumption we all make that Flash's speed out of the city = speed back into the city.

Seriously? erm

It's obvious that the writer f*cked up there and I ruined a great feat for Wally but are you actually arguing that he was only referring to Wally running OUT of the city and not into it?

Like, if you're arguing that this is one way the feat could make sense, sure. If you're arguing that this was the intention of the writer, then I call shenanigans because that is one retarded assumption.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Seriously? erm

It's obvious that the writer f*cked up there and I ruined a great feat for Wally but are you actually arguing that he was only referring to Wally running OUT of the city and not into it?

Like, if you're arguing that this is one way the feat could make sense, sure. If you're arguing that this was the intention of the writer, then I call shenanigans because that is one retarded assumption.

I'm arguing it as a way it makes sense. I thought my other posts made it clear - it marries both statements together, and everyone's happy.

Also makes sense, character wise. I THINK Flash (Wally) has gone on panel where he's carrying someone, and even though the Speed Force is protecting them, he still takes a bit of care when carrying them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm arguing it as a way it makes sense. I thought my other posts made it clear - it marries both statements together, and everyone's happy.

Also makes sense, character wise. I THINK Flash (Wally) has gone on panel where he's carrying someone, and even though the Speed Force is protecting them, he still takes a bit of care when carrying them.

If you want to argue that it makes sense this way, that's fine, but trying to impose it on the scene as legitimate evidence is where I get a problem with it.

By that I mean, saying Wally will smoke Surfer because what the writer REALLY meant, even though the narration said the exact opposite, was that Wally was also running at hundreds of times faster then light when he wasn't carrying people. Inserting such crucial information into a scene is something I find troubling.

DarkSaint85
It's NOT the intention of the writer, because I think there exists statements from Waid saying he pulled it out of his ass.

BUT on panel narration trumps writer interviews....

God Cloth Seiya
Flash wins...........with ease

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's NOT the intention of the writer, because I think there exists statements from Waid saying he pulled it out of his ass.

BUT on panel narration trumps writer interviews....

I'd like to see that.

I just hate the idea of inserting in random shit to make a feat more in line with our sensibilities. What the f*ck is even the point of the discussion then?

Anyways, this thread presents a bit of an issue. Surfer has covered vast intergalactic distances in moments. Wally cannot compete with such sheer scale, due to being relatively earthbound. What makes matters worse is that for a long time, when he broke light, which in itself was a huge deal for much of his career, he started dimension hopping.

That being said, it's clear that in relative combat speed, Flash is on an entirely different level when he needs to be.

DarkSaint85
If you want to argue that it makes sense this way, that's fine, but trying to impose it on the scene as legitimate evidence is where I get a problem with it.

By that I mean, saying Wally will smoke Surfer because what the writer really meant was that Wally was also running at hundreds of times faster then light when he wasn't carrying people. Inserting such crucial information into a scene is something I find troubling.

Well, there are three ways of reading that scene:

1. He ran at hundreds of times the speed of light (using the time/distance/# of people that was explicitly given).
2. He ran under the speed of light (using the sentence that was explicitly given, a hair breadth's SHORT).
3. My way, where both are equally valid.

1 and 2 can't exist together. Carver and others will cling to the last narration box, Rao and others will cling to the first few. 35 pages later, this thread is closed.

Mine shortcuts all of them, and says both are right. Was the writer intending to do that? Hell no. But at least mine doesn't choose a side.

Of course, a 4th one is to throw it all out and say it is inadmissible, but Mindship was asking for a quantifiable feat, and this fitted the bill (I thought, anyway).

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, there are three ways of reading that scene:

1. He ran at hundreds of times the speed of light (using the time/distance/# of people that was explicitly given).
2. He ran under the speed of light (using the sentence that was explicitly given, a hair breadth's SHORT).
3. My way, where both are equally valid.

1 and 2 can't exist together. Carver and others will cling to the last narration box, Rao and others will cling to the first few. 35 pages later, this thread is closed.

Mine shortcuts all of them, and says both are right. Was the writer intending to do that? Hell no. But at least mine doesn't choose a side.

Of course, a 4th one is to throw it all out and say it is inadmissible, but Mindship was asking for a quantifiable feat, and this fitted the bill (I thought, anyway).

Why do there have to be different ways of reading the scene at all?

This isn't some ambiguous dialogue or fight where the writer wants to keep you guessing for fun. It straight out said that he saved the people by carrying them at right under the speed of light.

Anything that involves extrapolating further then that is waste of time as far as I'm concerned. And throwing out the feat for inadmissible is just as bad.

DarkSaint85
I'd like to see that.

I just hate the idea of inserting in random shit to make a feat more in line with our sensibilities. What the f*ck is even the point of the discussion then?

Anyways, this thread presents a bit of an issue. Surfer has covered vast intergalactic distances in moments. Wally cannot compete with such sheer scale, due to being relatively earthbound. What makes matters worse, is that for a long time, when he broke light, he transcended barriers

That being said, it's clear that in relative combat speed, Flash is on an entirely different level when he needs to be.

I typed Waid. I meant Kelly.

DarkSaint85
Why do there have to be different ways of reading the scene at all?

This isn't some ambiguous dialogue or fight where the writer wants to keep you guessing for fun. It straight out said that he saved the people by carrying them at right under the speed of light.

Anything that involves extrapolating further then that is waste of time as far as I'm concerned. And throwing out the feat for inadmissible is just as bad.

But see, it also straight out says he carried the population of 532,000 people 1,2 people at a time, 35 miles away, in 0.001 microseconds. That is a hell of a lot of quantified numbers. Population, fair enough - but specifically a hill 35 miles away, in that amount of time?

Ultimately, Flash has other feats - completing the race before it starts, outrunning Death, time travelling etc. I just threw this one out because it had lovely quantified numbers on there.

ares834
Flash ran to the earth from source wall (at the end of universe) less time in which a human suffocates in space.

Surfer isn't that fast. Nobody is.

Huh, can't really tell what is going on there TBH. But if he truly ran from the source wall to earth in a minute or two Silver Surfer doesn't stand a chance.

Rao Kal El
It is what it is and this type of wrong statements have already been addressed by a MOD and apparently they were made MOD ruling

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...18#post14207293

"He can say it all he likes. We take feats above statements, because statements are fallible.

He's been shown physically moving faster than light, both before and after the reboot, on multiple occasions. You can believe that he shouldn't go faster than light. You can not like him doing it. The fact remains, though, that he has done it, and will most likely do it again based on the precedent set.

So please, move on."

Is as easy as that.

Flash Wins the race if this is straight up speed, if "shenanigans" are allowed then Surfer travels via wormhole and wins

DarkSaint85
It is what it is and this type of wrong statements have already been addressed by a MOD and apparently they were made MOD ruling

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...18#post14207293

So please, move on."

Is as easy as that.

Flash Wins the race if this is straight up speed, if "shananigans" are allowed then Surfer travels via wormhole and wins

Oh, 'shenanigans' are allowed, eh?

Wally speed steals sneer

Rao Kal El
^ That too sneer ......

stick out tongue

abhilegend
Originally posted by ares834
Huh, can't really tell what is going on there TBH. But if he truly ran from the source wall to earth in a minute or two Silver Surfer doesn't stand a chance.
Yup, that's what happened. He turned into pure speed in the process.

Bentley
So yeah, we have more than two feats of Wally outracing Surfer's entire comic history.

We should sticky this thread somewhere so people stop thinking Surfer has a chance in hell in a race.

Rao Kal El
^thumb up

Also Abhi mentioned this one

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/th_Flash1000000-05.jpg http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/th_Flash1000000-04.jpg http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/th_Flash1000000-06.jpg http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/th_Flash1000000-07.jpg

abhilegend
Who thought Surfer has a chance against Wally? Dude can outrun Death, Big Bang and everything in between. Wally West is, was and will be the fastest man EVER!

pym-ftw
Seriously? erm

Like, if you're arguing that this is one way the feat could make sense, sure. If you're arguing that this was the intention of the writer, then I call shenanigans because that is one retarded assumption. at the risk of agreeing with Carver the story & statements are written and then the illustrator gets to work. If anything the illustrator took the feat and f*cked it up by expanding it.

DarkSaint85
How so?

carver9
Originally posted by pym-ftw
at the risk of agreeing with Carver the story & statements are written and then the illustrator gets to work. If anything the illustrator took the feat and f*cked it up by expanding it.

mad

You should always agree with me. I'm usually right.

Dream Stuff
I am satisfied that the flash moved significantly faster than light on panel, that he does so constantly, and that the evacuation feat is legitimate.

I would like to know more about the mention of a portal in the feat where he traveled from the source wall. And why is is wearing that costume?

ares834
Originally posted by pym-ftw
at the risk of agreeing with Carver the story & statements are written and then the illustrator gets to work. If anything the illustrator took the feat and f*cked it up by expanding it.

The illustrator didn't f*** up anything. The writer did by creating two conflicting "statements".

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ares834
The illustrator didn't f*** up anything. The writer did by creating two conflicting "statements".

That's the beauty of it....its only conflicting if you want it be lol.

Mindship
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
I would like to know more about the mention of a portal in the feat where he traveled from the source wall... There's a portal involved? no expression

One-Punch
Who ever said Surfer has never crossed galaxies on panel forgot the time he crossed galaxies (plural) in less than a moment.... on panel.

http://s9.postimg.org/jjmffx22j/Silver_Surfer_v3_109p06.jpghttp://s10.postimg.org/mop5oft7p/Silver_Surfer_v3_109p07.jpg

"Galaxies streak past them in a blur"

Crossing half a million light years in less than a moment, before either Surfer or Legacy could even process/comprehend their thoughts.

Mindship
Originally posted by One-Punch
Crossing half a million light years in less than a moment, before either Surfer or Legacy could even process/comprehend their thoughts. In your post, I couldn't help but notice Thanos' comment (in your sig) beneath your own. Oh, the irony. wink

abhilegend
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
I am satisfied that the flash moved significantly faster than light on panel, that he does so constantly, and that the evacuation feat is legitimate.

I would like to know more about the mention of a portal in the feat where he traveled from the source wall. And why is is wearing that costume?
Well, do you think Flash runs on vacuum? He always creates a portal to run through these types of things. He was wearing that costume because he was on a black-ops team of JLA at that moment.Originally posted by One-Punch
Who ever said Surfer has never crossed galaxies on panel forgot the time he crossed galaxies (plural) in less than a moment.... on panel.

http://s9.postimg.org/jjmffx22j/Silver_Surfer_v3_109p06.jpghttp://s10.postimg.org/mop5oft7p/Silver_Surfer_v3_109p07.jpg

"Galaxies streak past them in a blur"

Crossing half a million light years in less than a moment, before either Surfer or Legacy could even process/comprehend their thoughts.
You're right. I forgot about that feat. I take the galaxies feat and beseech thee outrunning the ****ing big bang to the end of time itself.

http://i.imgur.com/Fj8t3sH.jpg

This whole race shits on anything Surfer has done.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace2.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace3.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace4.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace5.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace6.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace7.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace8.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace9.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace10.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace11.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace12.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace13.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace14.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace15.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace16.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace17.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace18.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace19.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace20.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace21.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace22.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace23.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace24.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace25.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace26.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace27.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace28.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace29.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace30.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/Wally_Respect2/racespace31.jpg

Bentley
Well, at least they did bring a high speed feat for Surfer. This thread was certainly lacking in the proof side for them.

Obviously Wally remains superior, but it's a sign of good will.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Bentley
Well, at least they did bring a high speed feat for Surfer. This thread was certainly lacking in the proof side for them.

Obviously Wally remains superior, but it's a sign of good will.

I take it as a personal insult when someone dares suggest my fav character is not top dog.

Mindship
Well, do you think Flash runs on vacuum? He always creates a portal to run through these types of things. So, this portal was not like a wormhole? Because if it is, that means that, technically, the Flash didn't actually run the whole distance. He took, well, a shortcut. But the impression I'm getting is that this "portal" (other than a a poor choice of words) was some kind of energy platform?

abhilegend
So, this portal was not like a wormhole? Because if it is, that means that, technically, the Flash didn't actually run the whole distance. He took, well, a shortcut. But the impression I'm getting is that this "portal" (other than a a poor choice of words) was some kind of energy platform?
The same. If it was as easy as creating a wormhole, why the need for him to be converted in pure speed or nearly getting killed?

DarkSaint85
I don't think its that quantifiable, tbh. He converted himself to speed in order to open a portal, then ran through it - a good feat, sure, but not in the way its being used here.

The analogy is Midnighter saying 'door', then walking from the Source Wall to Earth.

DarkSaint85
mad

I won that debate.

How so?

They were carried there....at a hair breadth's short of the speed of light.

Why does this statement invalidate the first statement, where he managed to evacuate the entire city in 0.0001 microseconds?

Bentley
I take it as a personal insult when someone dares suggest my fav character is not top dog.

We Kang fans should stick together! evil face

Mindship
The same. If it was as easy as creating a wormhole, why the need for him to be converted in pure speed or nearly getting killed? Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I don't think its that quantifiable, tbh. He converted himself to speed in order to open a portal, then ran through it - a good feat, sure, but not in the way its being used here.

The analogy is Midnighter saying 'door', then walking from the Source Wall to Earth.
Let me put it this way, in simplest terms: did Flash run the whole distance? If I had "Flash vision" and watched along his route, would I have seen him? Or did he "disappear" at point A and reappear at point B, close to the source wall? If that's the case, then I don't think this speed feat is legit, even if he opened the portal. It wasn't a straight run.

But I have a feeling I'm missing something.

abhilegend
Let me put it this way, in simplest terms: did Flash run the whole distance? If I had "Flash vision" and watched along his route, would I have seen him? Or did he "disappear" at point A and reappear at point B, close to the source wall? If that's the case, then I don't think this speed feat is legit, even if he opened the portal. It wasn't a straight run.

But I have a feeling I'm missing something.
Nah, he definitely ran all the way through. Flash has never used his powers in a teleportation like way under Kelly who wrote both city scene and this scene.

DarkSaint85
Nah, he definitely ran all the way through. Flash has never used his powers in a teleportation like way under Kelly who wrote both city scene and this scene.

He ran the way through the portal, sure. But did he run the equivalent of 5 billion light years or whatever the distance is from the Source Wall to Earth?

abhilegend
He ran the way through the portal, sure. But did he run the equivalent of 5 billion light years or whatever the distance is from the Source Wall to Earth?
Yes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
facepalm

Wally didn't OUTRUN the Big Bang. The race created for him and Krakkl by the Gamblers constantly weaved them in and out of space/time at random points.

Instead of turning corners, the race had them turning space/time. That's why he said he was shielding his eyes from the big bang one minute and was racing through the end of the Universe at the next.

It legit makes me mad that I have to elaborate on why that scene isn't him outrunning the Big Bang. Goddamn it, why are some people so stupid? This thread actually pisses me off because it makes me want to argue for Surfer against f*cking Wally.

Well whatever, before people start using that race, I suggest they read Flash #136 to #138. Pretty fun arc but also adds context.

9jaboy
flash vs surfer..(to the end of the universe)
morg and runner w/pg monitors the race so surfer doesnt cheat.
*whistle blows*
whooshhhhhhh***......!!!
Morg:whah the..!,where's the kid.
Surfer:huh?
Runner: *laughs*,flash wins!
Morg: (gets angry,attacks surfer and beats him down for losing).
Glads comes to help surfer and gets his head broken by morg's axe.flash and morg win!

abhilegend
facepalm

Wally didn't OUTRUN the Big Bang. The race created for him and Krakkl by the Gamblers constantly weaved them in and out of space/time at random points.

Instead of turning corners, the race had them turning space/time. That's why he said he was shielding his eyes from the big bang one minute and was racing through the end of the Universe at the next.

It legit makes me mad that I have to elaborate on why that scene isn't him outrunning the Big Bang. Goddamn it, why are some people so stupid? This thread actually pisses me off because it makes me want to argue for Surfer against f*cking Wally.

Well whatever, before people start using that race, I suggest they read Flash #136 to #138. Pretty fun arc but also adds context.
facepalm

The fourth dimensional track wasn't just for show. When Wally ran on it, he actually traveled all the distance between two points. It was not like a wormhole where you disappear at one point and appear at the another, that ruins the whole concept of that race. If Wally ran from big bang and appeared at the end of time, it wasn't because the fourth dimensional track somehow teleported him. Its just that Flash ran all the way and the track opened at that point.

But apparently Grant Morrison's stories are too hard for Rage to understand. The next thing he would tell us that the Black hole which Wally outran wasn't real either.

Its not like I posted only one scan and hid the context, I posted the whole race. Anybody who wants can look for himself, but thanks for being an ******* again bro.

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

God Cloth Seiya
Flash wins easily anybody who saids otherwise is a fanboy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Flash wins easily anybody who saids otherwise is a fanboy. Based on ?

God Cloth Seiya
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

My Logic > Comic Logic > Anime Logic > Your Logic

Flash has feats that trump surfers but if you could scan a feat of silver being faster ill be here waiting.

quanchi112
My Logic > Comic Logic > Anime Logic > Your Logic

Flash has feats that trump surfers but if you could scan a feat of silver being faster ill be here waiting. Surfer accelerates faster. Game over.

God Cloth Seiya
Speed steal he will be slower than a slug

Also Flash has a faster acceleration.

quanchi112
Speed steal he will be slower than a slug

Also Flash has a faster acceleration. They are racing each other not going at it. Surfer wins.

God Cloth Seiya
Based on?

quanchi112
Based on? Surfers feats.

God Cloth Seiya
Like? You cant even name one that trumps flashes feats.

quanchi112
Like? You cant even name one that trumps flashes feats. Acceleration in Ig issue.

God Cloth Seiya
Flash trumped that before

quanchi112
Flash trumped that before When ? Be more specific.

God Cloth Seiya
FLash I believe ran around the world like 10 or 20 times in a split second and that wasn't even his best feat.

quanchi112
FLash I believe ran around the world like 10 or 20 times in a split second and that wasn't even his best feat. That is nowhere near as fast as what the Surfer achieved in the feat. It's almost laughable to even compare the two to be honest.

Ambient
With OP stip. they are quite close with slight edge to Surfer due to actual quantifiable feat as oppose to Wally's both highest end speed feat; one with conflicting narration and the other an introduction of speed portal.

Whoever suggested that flash takes this quite easy is a fanboy of the highest decree.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Ambient
With OP stip. they are quite close with slight edge to Surfer due to actual quantifiable feat as oppose to Wally's both highest end speed feat; one with conflicting narration and the other an introduction of speed portal.

Whoever suggested that flash takes this quite easy is a fanboy of the highest decree.

It doesn't necessarily mean conflicting narration, though.

Ambient
What I meant is it conflicted what the art showed by way of narration which makes it dif. To quantify.

DarkSaint85
Nah, he could've carried them at a speed that was less than the speed of light, but still run at a speed which meant that OVERALL, he was travelling at many many times the speed of light.

psycho gundam

Also:

He's making two trips, of 35 miles each (assuming the city is concentrated in 1 spot - this is grossly underestimating, as Chongjin is 104 square miles;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongjin). This would be for every rescue. http://i57.tinypic.com/rrjkht.gif

Decimus
Flash will reach the finish line before surfer even makes its several feet and that's being generous

carver9
Dont know where you got all of that from Dark, but whatever.

One-Punch
At least Surfer's speed feat is actually quantifiable, unambiguous, and straightforward. No mental gymnastics or injections of speculation needed.

DarkSaint85
How am I doing gymnastics?

He gives the number of trips.

He gives the distance travelled.

He gives the time taken.

He gives the info that part of the rescue was under the speed of light.

-Pr-
To be honest, the writer intent was that he was moving at just under the speed of light. That's how I've seen it for a while now, and while I don't want to make a mod ruling on it, I really don't see why the writer would have been so... Convoluted.

Either way, it's not nearly the best feat Wally has, so it should be moot anyway.

quanchi112

He gives the time taken.

He gives the info that part of the rescue was under the speed of light. Writer said under the speed of light. That's the end of it.

One-Punch

He gives the time taken.

He gives the info that part of the rescue was under the speed of light.

You know what's unambiguous and straightforward? When it states on panel under the speed of light.

kgkg
Speed steal he will be slower than a slug lolz

DarkSaint85
He did. I'm not saying he didn't.

He said they were carried there under the speed of light. That's the end of it.

He also said how long the entire rescue operation took. And how many trips were taken.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by One-Punch
You know what's unambiguous and straightforward? When it states on panel under the speed of light.

CARRIED THERE under the speed of light. You're right, unambiguous and straightforward.

Ambient
Nah, he could've carried them at a speed that was less than the speed of light, but still run at a speed which meant that OVERALL, he was travelling at many many times the speed of light.
If this was the intention why not right it in much simpler term rather than leaving us guessing - fill in blank blank or insert blank here. We have to count actual writers intent and without this, the conflict makes this feat unquantifiable therefore not admissible as proof.

DarkSaint85
I mean, you guys accuse me of injecting speculation, but aren't you doing the same?

The full sentence reads that they were carried there at a hair breadths short of the speed of light.

I'm not ignoring that he, whilst carrying them, was under the speed if light.

You guys are injecting speculation that the entire operation was thenccarried out at the same constant speed.

I'm injecting speculation that he didn't.

But I have evidence to support my speculation (the distance to the hill, the time taken and the number of trips).

What evidence do you guys have that he ran at the same constant speed?

-Pr-
He did. I'm not saying he didn't.

He said they were carried there under the speed of light. That's the end of it.

He also said how long the entire rescue operation took. And how many trips were taken.

We have to take writer ignorance and or stupidity in to account, you know. stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
Pfft. If I did that with every writer who didn't take the maths into account, almost every feat is inadmissible lol.

-Pr-
Pfft. If I did that with every writer who didn't take the maths into account, almost every feat is inadmissible lol.

If we take writers out of the equation completely, things only get worse. stick out tongue

Ambient
I mean, you guys accuse me of injecting speculation, but aren't you doing the same?

The full sentence reads that they were carried there at a hair breadths short of the speed of light.

I'm not ignoring that he, whilst carrying them, was under the speed if light.

You guys are injecting speculation that the entire operation was thenccarried out at the same constant speed.

I'm injecting speculation that he didn't.

But I have evidence to support my speculation (the distance to the hill, the time taken and the number of trips).

What evidence do you guys have that he ran at the same constant speed?
Was it not the purpose of the operation, the rescue ? which was performed under the speed of light. Adding another element to what was quite specific statement is where u fail to grasp the actual/might intent.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Ambient
Was it not the purpose of the operation, the rescue ? which was performed under the speed of light. Adding another element to what was quite specific statement is where u fail to grasp the actual/might intent.

But this is the problem.

I AM being specific. It is everyone else who is 'adding another element'.

The statement is:

It's all one sentence. I'm not adding anything, nor am I disputing that they were carried there at that speed.

So there are two statements in operation on that page. The first, is implied through the use of the specific distances (why 35 miles away? Why not 40? 25?), a specific time frame (why 0.00001 microseconds? Why not 0.1? 0.001?) and a specific number of people saved (why 532,000? Why not just say 500,000).

And this first statement gives a speed of googlywimey times the speed of light.

The second statement, is that they were carried there under the speed of light.

Now:

1. Statement A is right, Statement B is wrong. Flash travelled at trillionty google times the speed of light.

2. Statement B is right, Statement A is wrong. Flash travelled under the speed of light.

How can you be so sure that Conclusion #2 is the right one? Maybe he phucked up the numbers....or maybe he phucked up the statement.

Hence, conclusion #3. Where Statement A and B aren't mutually exclusive. I'm not arguing that Statement B is incorrect or wrong, so any attempts to convince me they are correct is just preaching to the choir. If I am arguing Conclusion #1, then maybe you'd have a point.

Ambient
But this is the problem.

It is everyone else who is 'adding another element'.

The statement is:

It's all one sentence. I'm not adding anything, nor am I disputing that they were carried there at that speed.
No not really.. Everyone added no additional element but took it bluntly the narration of the writer. Flash rescued them carrying one to two at a time in less than light speed - specific with no additional element in the equation.

What you propose I's that flash carried each rescue in less than light speed , you inserted the element "per rescue" in your equation which was not stated but possibly can be added - possibly = missing element = unquantifiable = not admissible as proof.

So it's either the rescue took place in < light speed or we can't quantify how long the rescue took place because of missing element.

Anyhow my two cents.

Colossus-Big C
Flash feats shit all over surfer

panthergod
The comic us uambigupus-- Flash was far faster than light when entering the coty, and droped to below lightspeed when carrying people. The comic is 100% consistent. Flash destroys Surfer in speed. Period.

Branlor Swift
Why the **** would he have to slow down anyway since the speed force protects the passengers?

And if it didn't in that specific instance, then it doesn't matter if he was traveling one hundred bajillions light years per second, or if he was traveling just under light speed, as they'd be dead either way.

Also triple backflip bar grab into a handstand quad backflip perfect landing gymnastics.

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Why the **** would he have to slow down anyway since the speed force protects the passengers?

And if it didn't in that specific instance, then it doesn't matter if he was traveling one hundred bajillions light years per second, or if he was traveling just under light speed, as they'd be dead either way.

Also triple backflip bar grab into a handstand quad backflip perfect landing gymnastics.

Forgot about the speed force protecting people.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Flash feats shit all over surfer Not at all.

DarkSaint85
Bump. To garner opinions.

Statement 1:

Statement 2:

Statement 1 gives Flash's speed as eleventy gajillion times the speed of light.

Statement 2 gives Flash's speed as 0.999 times the speed of light.

Which do we take? How about both?

TL;DR: Flash was going INCREDIBLY fast when running back into the city, and when carrying people, was going under the speed of light.

To just focus on Statement 2, ignores on-panel narration of Statement 1.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Statement 1:

Statement 2:

TL;DR: Flash was going INCREDIBLY fast when running back into the city, and when carrying people, was going under the speed of light.

Statement one. The second one might be the interpretation of the writer on the speed of light having an effect on the time or something?

DarkSaint85
Nah, for me, that injects too much speculation. I just take what I see on panel. He carried them there under the speed of light. But we cannot ignore that the entire evacuation took place in 0.00001 microseconds.

psycho gundam
If he took 2 people every time it was still well under 20 million miles traveled in 1 hundred thousandth of a second. Something like 10,000,000 x lightspeed

DarkSaint85
Oh its a stupid feat, to be sure, but then, that's what happens with science and comics.

Delta1938

Statement 1:

Statement 2:

Another possibility, the writer just didn't know what he was doing when he described the scene.

DarkSaint85
Course.

But then, Stan Lee has no idea about radiation or gamma rays. Guess what, we don't throw those out......

Delta1938
Course.

But then, Stan Lee has no idea about radiation or gamma rays. Guess what, we don't throw those out......

But this requires a lot of complicated explanation that ignores other issues. Why would he need to take extra care when carrying them? His perceptions and coordination should still be fine at the higher speed. If you try to argue the Speed Force wouldn't protect them as well, why not? Is there anything in the comics to suggest it wouldn't protect those he carries at greater speeds than what it can protect him? 'Cuz the greater speeds he'd have to go to compensate for the much slower carrying of passengers would be ridiculously greater.

This is far more convoluted than Stan Lee making Hulk gray(then officially green after inconsistent color printing) when if anything he should be purple, for example.

carver9
Someone forgot statement 3. Let me add that here.
http://i.imgur.com/PTZ6eHi.jpg

As his body sloughs off the after effect of "near light travel".

This was said AFTER bringing up carrying people. It states his body sloughs from NEAR LIGHT SPEED TRAVEL. He traveled near light speed. He never went over light.

-Pr-
Slough =/= slow.

psycho gundam
The statement about it being less than light speed is irrelevant since the required data is all that matters. The writer could have said that it was a hair's breadth under the speed of Cheetahs (shout out to phildo)

Surfer's more than a light year feat is still greater

Delta1938
Originally posted by psycho gundam
The statement about it being less than light speed is irrelevant since the required data is all that matters. The writer could have said that it was a hair's breadth under the speed of Cheetahs (shout out to phildo)

Surfer's more than a light year feat is still greater

What's the "more than a lightyear" feat?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Delta1938
What's the "more than a lightyear" feat? Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_wrgrg_zpspxlcdcqb.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_yu_zpshp2nigiu.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_rgh_zpsj4mahoer.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_yuiyt_zpsvnovkhfk.jpg Even if it took surfer 10 times longer to do it (which it didn't) the distance traveled is still vastly greater to the distance covered in the Flash instance in relative amounts of time. It gets more extreme when you factor in how Flash was going all out to do it whereas Surfer was within normal space without using Hyperspace where he can go even faster

Delta1938
Even if it took surfer 10 times longer to do it (which it didn't) the distance traveled is still vastly greater to the distance covered in the Flash instance in relative amounts of time. It gets more extreme when you factor in how Flash was going all out to do it whereas Surfer was within normal space without using Hyperspace where he can go even faster

So how long do you think it took Surfer to travel?

psycho gundam
Nothing more than 10x the time (.0001)

Thanos' arm never budged during the entire trip. It was locked in relative time. It takes like 1/10 of a second to throw a punch and Thanos didn't even get to throw it. It's in the same ballpark of time Flash used but Surfer traveled tens of thousands of times the distance

Using warp speed

http://i67.tinypic.com/14vo5ls.jpg

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_warp1_zpsut7iaezd.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_warp2_zpsbpt8olgi.jpg

Delta1938

Thanos' arm never budged during the entire trip. It was locked in relative time. It takes like 1/10 of a second to throw a punch and Thanos didn't even get to throw it. It's in the same ballpark of time Flash used but Surfer traveled tens of thousands of times the distance

So, Thanos doesn't move AT ALL?

cdtm

Using warp speed

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_warp1_zpsut7iaezd.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_warp2_zpsbpt8olgi.jpg

And Adam Warlocks ENTIRE PLAN depended on Norrin's speed.

With the stakes being as high as they were, that says a lot.

Juntai

http://i.imgur.com/7jhNl6g.jpg

Assuming I'm doing the math right, at 2.5 quintillion miles/ps. Flash was doing something like 400k lightyears per second.

And of course, Flash can also speedforce his way through time/space/dimension as well, so the warpspeed stuff doesn't mean much.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Delta1938
So, Thanos doesn't move AT ALL? Not until surfer traveled 99.99999999999 the distance. The gauntlet surely had something to do with it

10,000,000 x the distance Flash traveled

Delta1938
Not until surfer traveled 99.99999999999 the distance. The gauntlet surely had something to do with it

10,000,000 x the distance Flash traveled

Wait, I think I misunderstood your argument. Do you think both feats happen in about the same amount of time?

psycho gundam
Not the same but it's in the same ball park.

A pro boxer takes 1/10 to throw a punch. Thanos just got his arm back to then throw it however time "froze" for them as Surfer traveled so it's really a guess at long it took for real, but I'm pretty sure the most staunch Surfer hater will not say it took anything more than what a human boxer could accomplish, then whatever fraction of the full motion

Delta1938
Not the same but it's in the same ball park.

A pro boxer takes 1/10 to throw a punch. Thanos just got his arm back to then throw it however time "froze" for them as Surfer traveled so it's really a guess at long it took for real, but I'm pretty sure the most staunch Surfer hater will not say it took anything more than what a human boxer could accomplish, then whatever fraction of the full motion

So when you said this--

You think it took that fraction of a second?

psycho gundam
Sure, why not

Delta1938
Sure, why not

That's only a 10,000th of a second. A microsecond is one millionth of a second.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/microsecond

The feat Flash did, the description wasn't a microsecond. It was at 100 thousandth of a microsecond. Note that the scan says .00001 microsecondS, plural.

I'm doing the math right, that's one hundred billionth of a second. That's not in the same ballpark. That's not even in the same country.

Mindset
It's crazy how he did that not even going the speed of light.

What a champ.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>