What character needs a buff?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
If you were a the writer, which character would you buff up, and how would you go about doing it? On the flip side which character would you debuff, and how would you go about doing it?

carver9
Wolverine.

I would give him additional super speed, extra invulnerability added onto his amazing healing factor and the ability to generate some type of energy around his claws.

Thor.

Super speed. Quicksilver level.

Colossus.

Extra durability and strength increase. Trans level physical stats.

Storm.

High end durability. Wonder Woman level.

zopzop
Thor/Surfer/Hulk/Iron Man are fine.

Characters that need a buff :
Colossus................BADLY. Make his body secondary adamantium or something.

Characters that need a debuff :
Marvel Skyfathers..... enough with this sh|t already. Make them Trans level that's it.

psycho gundam
namor

zopzop
Originally posted by psycho gundam
namor
Yup forgot about him.

He needs a massive durability boost. Strength and speed and stuff is fine.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
Yup forgot about him.

He needs a massive durability boost. Strength and speed and stuff is fine.

Really?.

Shabazz916
Iron man needs a healing factor........ hulk needs average level of smarts not just a beast anymore.... super man needs a edge not evil edge but not just so nice all the time.... aquaman needs to be able to manipulate water like mera...........and ill say wolverine needs just a lil super strength and speed... maybe a lil below spider man

Cogito
Originally posted by carver9
Wolverine.

I would give him additional super speed, extra invulnerability added onto his amazing healing factor and the ability to generate some type of energy around his claws. Absolutely not.

Thor.

Super speed. Quicksilver level. Fine.

Colossus.

Extra durability and strength increase. Trans level physical stats. Absolutely not.

Storm.

High end durability. Wonder Woman level. No.

Marvel Skyfathers..... enough with this sh|t already. Make them Trans level that's it. So we'd have a tier called "skyfather" with no skyfathers in it. mmm

zopzop
Originally posted by Cogito
So we'd have a tier called "skyfather" with no skyfathers in it. mmm
The Skyfathers would be a part of the Trans Tier. The term skyfather just means the father/king of a pantheon. They shouldn't be performing abstract level feats, that's idiotic.

pym-ftw
Buff:

Abomination (Blonsky) : current hulk level + immortality
Winter Soldier : Iron Patriot Armor
Klaw
Graviton
Count Nefaria.

Debuff.

Thor : I want him to be less h2h focus and more caster focus. Bring him back down to herald lvl.

Wonderman: either explain the buff or debuff him

Captain America & Bane : they are written so far past their rouge galleries/ contemporaries that they seem out of place.

"Id"
Nate Grey needs to rebuffed he was only intresting when he had massive power. Repower him so he could be the go to guy when it involves to psychic or paranormal shindigs. The Dr. Strange of psionics, keep the hippy-hobo look.

Cable. They kill him, bring him back, repower him, depower him, add an extra ability, reveal he still had omega level powers where are they? Who phucking knows, only to strip his psy powers leaving only his precog powers intact......they really dont know what to do with him. I would say keep him without his psy powers, return him to his human-machine hybrid with cyberpathy and technopathy as his main assets. Become Cyborg Superman Lite of the X-Verse,

golem370
Thing strength increase and durability upgrade

Juggernaut back to Classic levels

Cannonball strength upgrade

maxivitopowe
What Carver said about Wolvie and Storm

Buff
Beast
Give him an established combat edge without him having to go savage also more healing feats

Spiderman
Showcase his smarts more
Stick with an established high or low

Colossus/Luke Cage
Herald durability & high meta/low herald strength

Blade
Strength/speed/HF upgrade + show a bloodlust side to him

Any magic user that isn't Strange or Doom

Nightcrawler
Showcase his Neyaphem side have him do more than just the teleportation tricks

Repower the Uncanny Xmen

Allow Rulk his Energy Absorption with out it going to ridiculous levels

Electro/Absorbing Man/Iceman
Realise full potential

If there are more that I'll get back

The Sorrow
Buff

Colossus - Greater physicality. Was my fave character back in the 90's now he just sucks. Give the big Russian some respect!

Hulk/Banner - Rogues gallery. Regularly churns out crazy feats, but a character of this stature should surely have at least one recurring foe that is a credible threat? Or even just a good foil, someone like the Leader or Rulk. He barely even fights other heroes anymore.

Katana - Just because I think she's badass stick out tongue

Debuff

Captain America - Is he superhuman or isn't he? Stopped by a single bullet one moment, surviving orbital falls and fighting shoulder to shoulder with top tiers the next.

Flash - Powers have become too haxx for my tastes.

StiltmanFTW
Falcon

Mindship
Spider-Man: 5-10x upgrade, all around.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by Mindship
Spider-Man: 5-10x upgrade, all around. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
DCnU Superman - Strength and speed boost. Maybe he can finally be Wonder Woman level amirite Carver?

Characters that need a buff :
Colossus................BADLY. Make his body secondary adamantium or something.

Marvel Skyfathers..... enough with this sh|t already. Make them Trans level that's it.

Yeah, we should also reduce Galactus to street level. Enough with that shit already, it's getting ridiculous, 70 years of continuity be damned.

"Id"
I would like to see Magik show off her spell casting.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
DCnU Superman - Strength and speed boost. Maybe he can finally be Wonder Woman level amirite Carver?

Yeah, we should also reduce Galactus to street level. Enough with that shit already, it's getting ridiculous, 70 years of continuity be damned. The Galactus thing would piss of sooo many people
I'd be suprised if there weren't lynchings

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Debuff.

Thor : I want him to be less h2h focus and more caster focus. Bring him back down to herald lvl.

Huh?
U saying he's trans level?

golem370
Kingpin with Spider-Man strength and durability

zopzop

Yeah, we should also reduce Galactus to street level. Enough with that shit already, it's getting ridiculous, 70 years of continuity be damned.
Galactus is the balancing force between the UNIVERSE'S two most powerful concepts. Odin and crew are fathers of pantheons on EARTH.

You do the math on that.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Huh?
U saying he's trans level? yes unless you argue a sliding scale.

psycho gundam
namor's that one guy you don't phuck with in the water but i really wish he was top tier. he does get buffed by power creep but his is a lot less drastic as the other heroes that debuted decades after him and it's kind of a shame.

like it sucks that herald level characters are planet killers/lifters period imo so for my tastes mountain level should be the limit (including amps and bloodlust) and namor would be right there with them

TheLordofMurder

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
The Skyfathers would be a part of the Trans Tier. The term skyfather just means the father/king of a pantheon. They shouldn't be performing abstract level feats, that's idiotic.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Galactus is the balancing force between the UNIVERSE'S two most powerful concepts. Odin and crew are fathers of pantheons on EARTH.

You do the math on that.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder

That 70 years of continuity should be damned if it makes absolutely no sense logically...

Odin as portrayed during Thor 300 (as compared to actual high powered cosmics) is where he should really be...

He is an Earth level deity...not some ultra powerful universe level azz kicker...the Earthly Skyfathers are paid waaaayyyyyyyyyy too much respect by Marvel.

NemeBro
This thread makes me seriously happy that none of you are comic book writers. Making Thor (You know, the favored war god of a warrior culture) a ****ing h2h-eschewing caster and making Superman edgy are horrible ideas.

Anyway...

Juggernaut. I feel like WWH establishing (Unless it was established before? I don't know) that the potency of his power are in inverse proportion to the virtuosity of his moral compass were very interesting ideas, and the idea of Cain having to gradually decay even further morally to stave off escalating threats to his person is a thematically rich and interesting idea IMO, but to my knowledge has never really been seriously touched on.

-Pr-
Colossus doesn't need a buff; he just needs writers that aren't idiots to be on his books.

abhilegend
Thor needs a strength boost. He could finally be at Superior Venom's level while going all out.

vin

Magnon
I would buff Colossus.

He should have class 80-90 strength and high durability, equivalent to organic osmium steel. In other words, he should be portrayed fairly and faithfully, instead of making him job all the frigging time.

Edit. Oops too late, Pr basically said the same thing already.

-Pr-
He's already class 100, though... Unless I misunderstand?

Magnon
Might be, I'm not exactly sure about the exact strength classifications.. I consider the likes of Hulk and Juggernaut class 100, and Colossus a bit below them (but strong enough to give them a bit of a fight).

8swords
not saying he needs a buff or anything but, batman needs somethin' new to his usual arsenal, maybe somethin' like a bat radar, like DD, seeing that he is BATman. batarangs that transforms into bats. kinetic energy absorbing armor.

martian manhunter, somethin' to stop his jobber aura

hulk, more brains/ or atleast his WWH mentality

cyclops, better OB

superman DCNU, some combat feats, seriously, but I think he would gets some training from diana at some comic?

God Cloth Seiya
DEBUFF batman to skyfather

janus77
WonderMan - needs to be either Thor level or dead.

Wonder Woman - stronger than Superman yes.

Hulk - GreenScar.

Mindship
like it sucks that herald level characters are planet killers/lifters period imo so for my tastes mountain level should be the limit This has bugged me for a long time. Planetbusting (especially in 1 or a few shots), or surviving supernovas and black holes: I say thee, Nay. Let some things in the natural universe still pose a threat / challenge* to even herald level characters.

*Because of its gravitational binding energy, to bust the Earth in a second, eg, would require 500,000x what the Sun puts out in a second.

HueyFreeman
buff- Orion. For a character with his destiny they kinda treat his relationship with darkseid like drax to thanos (meaning hes more of a silver bullet to darkseid than an all around powerhouse). He rarely shines unless its with darkseid.

ares834
like it sucks that herald level characters are planet killers/lifters period imo so for my tastes mountain level should be the limit (including amps and bloodlust) and namor would be right there with them

thumb up

thumb up

golem370
Ares needs a Badass upgrade to all stats if not stamina.

Cogito

You do the math on that.

I actually agree with this. Skyfathers should be nerfed a bit (not all the way down to Trans, maybe low-mid sky), and Galactus should be buffed.

Branlor Swift
Superman needs a buff, or Wonder Woman needs a debuff.

Superman shouldn't be the girl of that relationship

Firefly218
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Superman needs a buff, or Wonder Woman needs a debuff.

Superman shouldn't be the girl of that relationship

Are you suggesting male superiority? The application of your primitive philosophy towards a subject of such fruitless intent baffles me.

Rage.Of.Olympus

You do the math on that.

So? Odin is the most powerful Skyfather of the most powerful pantheon in the UNIVERSE!!!!!!

What reasons do you have to justify these changes? Better stories? Because if so, pretty much the greatest runs on Thor (Kirby/Lee, Walter Simsonson etc.) all wrote Odin at a level that gets your panties in a twist.

Is it the lack of a threat level or scale? No, that doesn't make any sense either. Thor and Asgard in general have dealt with Cosmic level threats or artifacts constantly for decades.

You seem to have gotten this idea into your head that all Skyfathers must be equal and Odin HAS to be on the level of the others. Not that other Skyfathers and Gods HAVE to be Trans level or whatever.

I MIGHT understand your frustration if ALL high end power levels got you upset or something but that isn't the case. You seem to have no problem with Franklin Richards a MORTAL, through a simple genetic mutation, operating on a cosmic scale.

Basically what I'm saying is SHUT THE F*CK up and at least come up with a good reason to justify your bullshit before spouting it every single chance you get.

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
That 70 years of continuity should be damned if it makes absolutely no sense logically...

Odin as portrayed during Thor 300 (as compared to actual high powered cosmics) is where he should really be...

He is an Earth level deity...not some ultra powerful universe level azz kicker...the Earthly Skyfathers are paid waaaayyyyyyyyyy too much respect by Marvel.

Basically what I'm getting from this is that you have no actual reason outside of because and are just being a whiny little shit? Okay, understood.

Calling Odin an Earth level deity is like saying Galactus is just a guy in a suit. You're just telling me I shouldn't bother listening to your opinion on the subject at hand.

zopzop
You seem to have no problem with Franklin Richards a MORTAL, through a simple genetic mutation, operating on a cosmic scale.
I can't stand any of the "Omega" level BS from mutants either. That includes Franklin, Hyperstorm, Legion, etc....

ROFLMAO. Take a Valium and relax. These are FICTIONAL characters we are discussing.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I can't stand any of the "Omega" level BS from mutants either. That includes Franklin, Hyperstorm, Legion, etc....

That at least gives you some consistency. Now come up with an actual reason.

ROFLMAO. Take a Valium and relax. These are FICTIONAL characters we are discussing.

Don't worry, I'm not breaking my keyboard over this or anything. Yes, yes, I know: I could just ignore you, not read your posts if I'm tired of reading the same shit blah blah blah. But let's be honest, it's always more satisfying to tell someone to stuff it, even on the internet over fictional characters and on a topic that's not even worth discussing.

celeyhyga17
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/rage/grand/brush_girl_angry_gif.gif

TheLordofMurder
@Rage of Olympus

F**K off...

You know dam well that Odin being written as he currently is is horsecrap and makes no sense on a grand scale..

Its a pity that fanboys like yourself fail to see whats plainly obvious to others...

And, btw, no...there is no comparsion (or rather shouldnt be) between Odin and Galactus whatsoever:

Bridging the gap between Death and Eternity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Earth level Deity.

Its common sense really...not that I expect you to understand that...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@Rage of Olympus

F**K off...

You know dam well that Odin being written as he currently is is horsecrap and makes no sense on a grand scale..

Its a pity that fanboys like yourself fail to see whats plainly obvious to others...

And, btw, no...there is no comparsion (or rather shouldnt be) between Odin and Galactus whatsoever:

Bridging the gap between Death and Eternity>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Earth level Deity.

Its common sense really...not that I expect you to understand that...

I realize that I enjoy Odin being at the level that he is for the sake of power to some extent, which I admit is a bit childish. BUT I also don't see the point of this shift that you want because it's the level he has been at for a long time, and it has worked out very well in stories. With some of the best runs in Thor's history (Or even comics period) being written with a high end Odin.

With that in mind, I think you need to take a step back and re-examine who is being a fanboy. Because so far you have given no reason for this depowering outside of your own impotent rage. It'd be like me entering a thread and arguing for Superman to be depowered because it makes no sense for metabolic reactions from sunlight to give such power. It falls apart at any kind of scrutiny.

So yea, shut the f*ck up until you can at least give me a compelling reason for your argument. And yes, calling Odin an Earth level deity is not an argument. It isn't even a really logical argument as many depictions have Odin not only predating man, but the planet itself. Heck, some even have him predating this Universe.

Although I don't know why I'm humoring this shit. Thor/Odin operating at the scale that they do is enough of a counter to this argument itself.

As a matter of fact, Odin needs a power up. Or at least a comic where he beats the shit out of some Celestials. Yes, apparently he has a spell lying around that is apparently enough to end them all, but I want him personally to grind them into dust. He also needs to get a win over a fed Galactus. Then all will be right in the world and I shall fed on the tears of FlopFlop for eternity.

zopzop
That at least gives you some consistency. Now come up with an actual reason.
Reason was already given and at least some posters agreed with me.

Really? Because you're acting like someone just insulted your mother or something.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Reason was already given and at least some posters agreed with me.

Really? Because you're acting like someone just insulted your mother or something.

Odin being an Earth level deity? That's not really a reason. That's not much of anything. What does earth level even mean? Limited to Earth? Planetary? Thor's planetary.

I told you to SHUT THE F*CK up. I didn't key your car, relax.

zopzop
Odin being an Earth level deity? That's not really a reason. That's not much of anything. What does earth level even mean? Limited to Earth? Planetary? Thor's planetary.

I told you to SHUT THE F*CK up. I didn't key your car, relax.
Whatever Rage. Just remember what I said about the Valium. You too young for a coronary.

celeyhyga17
http://frontdesign.heteml.jp/asa-gami/wp-admin/maint/flip-table-gif-i11.gif

-Pr-
Whatever Rage. Just remember what I said about the Valium. You too young for a coronary.

Might wanna cool it a bit, dude. Or are we all supposed to forget how you lose your shit over Hickman?

asdf83

I actually agree with this. Odin really shouldn't do any better against Galactus than he did against the Celestials back in the old days.

Bentley
Wolverine.

I would give him additional super speed, extra invulnerability added onto his amazing healing factor and the ability to generate some type of energy around his claws.

Thor.

Super speed. Quicksilver level.

Colossus.

Extra durability and strength increase. Trans level physical stats.

Storm.

High end durability. Wonder Woman level.

From this post I can tell you don't really like any of these characters.

8swords
Originally posted by golem370
Thing strength increase and durability upgrade

Juggernaut back to Classic levels

Cannonball strength upgrade

The thing about thing is that his strength grows in time.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by asdf83
I actually agree with this. Odin really shouldn't do any better against Galactus than he did against the Celestials back in the old days.

thumb up

golem370
Well he has been around for 50 years so how much time. I would to see a more muscular body made of marble.

DarkSaint85
So your complaint is that Thing is not ripped and glisteningly white?

Hmmm.

8swords
me thinks hes R@c1st, laughing out loud

JuggernautMania
BEAST. he had like dozens of upgrades and he still seems to be as strong as an Ape.

zopzop
Originally posted by -Pr-
Might wanna cool it a bit, dude. Or are we all supposed to forget how you lose your shit over Hickman?
Hickman is ACTUALLY ruining characters and comics.

My suggestions on a random internet message board don't mean jack sh|t to anyone anywhere. I'm not jumping down another forum members throat because of their opinion either.

See the difference?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
BEAST. he had like dozens of upgrades and he still seems to be as strong as an Ape.

An Olympic ape, doe.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
http://frontdesign.heteml.jp/asa-gami/wp-admin/maint/flip-table-gif-i11.gif

laughing out loud

maxivitopowe
Beast is at least as tall as 2 Wolverine's standing on each other's shoulder. he needs to have proportionate strength

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Beast is at least as tall as 2 Wolverine's standing on each other's shoulder. he needs to have proportionate strength

Ok, he's not 10+feet tall, is he?

Bentley
Doom, he has just failed too much at conquering. He should be retconned into being just one of Kang's lesser incarnations.

I think I misplaced my dancing banana emoticon.

maxivitopowe
he was sitting at the table with the rest of the Illuminati and he looked massive compared to them

Wonder Man
I'd like to see Hyperion talk more to criminals. Increase his verbal to the level of Cypher.

Gamma Burst

Great post. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.