Batman & Nightwing Vs Samson (Bible)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF DELPH
Samson is teleported to Modern Day Gotham (by Boomtube) and mistakes it for the capital city of the Philistines and goes on a rampage, killing hundreds of civilians. Batman and Nightwing arrive on the seen and Samson, calling them unclean demons (in Ancient Hebrew), tosses a car at them before grabbing another civilian and decapitating her. Batman and Nightwing think Samson is just a random meta on a rampage and engage.

Stips:

Samson is armed with the jawbone of an ass and iron arm bracers (plus his magical super-strength, of course).

Batman and Nightwing have standard equipment.

Discuss.

pym-ftw
InB4Ioffendsomeone.

Bible Samson was less powerful than most street level comic characters.

He cracked marble and broke steel chains. That's it.

MF DELPH
^He also killed an entire army with a bone.

Magic Joe
Originally posted by MF DELPH
^He also killed an entire army with a bone.

Scans ? stick out tongue

pym-ftw
Originally posted by MF DELPH
^He also killed an entire army with a bone. pis cool

eek!

MF DELPH
bump

DarkSaint85
Bats/Nightwing, especially once they realise its Biblical Samson (the jawbone clue, the long hair, the Ancient Hebrew, the strength).

They use a laser and cut his hair off.

zopzop
They wouldn't even need to cut his hair off.

Bat Gas..........win. Next.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Bats/Nightwing, especially once they realise its Biblical Samson (the jawbone clue, the long hair, the Ancient Hebrew, the strength).

They use a laser and cut his hair off.

That wasn't how it worked. God punished him for cutting his hair off. Cutting his hair off was not his weakness. You guys should read the bible before chiming in.

This thread is actually offensive to me, it should be closed. How strong of a case should I make? Samson of the bible is not a comic book character. If this was a Batman vs Luke Skywalker thread it would have been closed long ago.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
That wasn't how it worked. God punished him for cutting his hair off. Cutting his hair off was not his weakness. You guys should read the bible before chiming in.
Hence why I said "Bat Gas". He still needs to breath and that would KO him.

Seriously? Or sarcasm? I can't tell anymore on this forum.

Samson (and other Biblical figures) have actually appeared in comics my friend. So this thread is valid.

DarkSaint85
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/BOOKS/Pix/pictures/2013/6/28/1372416683536/Samson-in-the-Kingstone-G-008.jpg

DarkSaint85
Judges 16:17

MF DELPH
thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop

Hence why I said "Bat Gas". He still needs to breath and that would KO him.

Seriously? Or sarcasm? I can't tell anymore on this forum.

Samson (and other Biblical figures) have actually appeared in comics my friend. So this thread is valid.

Very serious. it offends me. If this were a thread that poked fun at homosexuality, or even at scriptures contained in the Quaran, people would be up in arms. As such the people that chimed in tried very hard to make this into some sort of comedy, and poke fun at scripture. i didn't think it was funny, and am offended. Not just by the comments, but by the lack of knowledge. This thread is not based on the comic book version of Samson or it would have said so in the OP. This is the actual Samson that was born with supernatural nephilim or giant strength.

I don't care who would win, nor should i have to justify my reasons for being offended by this thread. Like I said if this were a thread that poked fun at homosexuality, there would be many people jumping out of the woodwork to show their offense at the subject, and the Mods would have closed it long ago, and given a stern warning to the offending parties.

Stoic
It was the breaking of the third part of the vow when God's Spirit, who was providing Samson with his strength, left him. This is not to say that up to this point God was pleased with Samson's deeds; He was not because Samson sinned against God. But God had continued to use him as long as the vow was partially kept. The breaking of the third part of the vow rendered Samson without power. Samson fell in love with Delilah. The five lords of the Philistines bribed her with silver to find the source of Samson's strength and reveal it to them. After some work, she enticed Samson into stupidly revealing the connection between his hair and his strength. When he was asleep, she cut it and Samson was captured by the waiting Philistines (16:4-22).

MF DELPH
Seriously dude? Thor, who is also a deity from a real world religion, is also discussed here, and is a flagship character for Marvel Comics and interacts with Gods from various pantheons, including Hindu Gods. In DC comics Judeo-Christian Gods are also used on a regular basis along side other real world religious characters. Superman fought with an angelic host on panel. Lucifer (Satan) even has an ongoing comic. There's also Spawn comics that deal with Judeo-Christian religious themes. You're really offended over a thread using Samson, a biblical 'superhero' that killed an army with a bone and had magical super-strength? Maybe you should just click on a different thread.

Odekahn
Samson used his strength to kill thousands upon thousands with his last breath by pushing two giant pillars apart and brought down an entire stadium. His strength was immense. He was directly powered by the Holy Spirit.

DarkSaint85
It's still the 1st page. OP, is it the comic depiction of Samson?

MF DELPH
Sure. I stated Bible just to make sure people didn't confuse him with Doc Samson (Hulk character based on Bible Samson).

*edit

Comic/Bible Samson, for clarity.

BruceSkywalker
are their scans of Samson doing these things?

otherwise Bats/Nightwing use gas and/or sonics for the easy victory

zopzop
Originally posted by Odekahn
Samson used his strength to kill thousands upon thousands with his last breath by pushing two giant pillars apart and brought down an entire stadium. His strength was immense. He was directly powered by the Holy Spirit.
And if you really want to get crazy, check out his exploits in the Talmud (lifting mountains, carrying immense weight, some form of super speed/leaping, etc...). laughing

Still, that boy needs to breathe. Bat Gas and it's lights out.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by pym-ftw
InB4Ioffendsomeone. Originally posted by Stoic
This thread is actually offensive to me, it should be closed. How strong of a case should I make? Samson of the bible is not a comic book character. If this was a Batman vs Luke Skywalker thread it would have been closed long ago. reported please close.

MF DELPH
There's nothing offensive about this thread. It's a hypothetical, fictional, fantasy combat scenario pitting three literary figures against eachother. If you take offense from a pretend battle scenario pitting literary characters against eachother maybe you need to re-evaluate your priorities. If this thread gets closed every thread using a character derived from a religious text or empowered by religious figures should be closed as well. That means all threads involving Thor, Mephisto, Wonder Woman, Lucifer, Micheal, Odin, Zauriel, Asmodel, Zeus, Hercules, Captain Marvel, Black Adam, etc. should all be closed because they make light of Greek, Egyptian, Judeo-Christian, and Norse Gods.

tkitna
Samson wins. God isn't going to allow a couple of losers like Batman and his boy toy to beat one of his guys.

KingD19
I myself am Christian and my father is Hebrew. But this is a debate site. People debate here. There's nothing to be offended about. This is like Isaac Hayes going along with South Park talking about every religion, life choice and everything else as Chef, but he threw a hissy fit as soon as they jabbed at his religion of Scientology.

Also without some form of divine intervention, I think Team Bats gadgets will give them a majority. It's true Samson has no defense against stuff like gas.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.