Sundipped Superman VS Death Seed Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Sundipped Superman- OUR WORLDS AT WAR

VS

Death Seed Sentry

Galan007
I believe a sun-dipped Superman could have easily handled the space-worm that has taken Sentry out of commission for the last few issues. thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by Galan007
I believe a sun-dipped Superman could have easily handled the space-worm that has taken Sentry out of commission for the last few issues. thumb up

I'm thinking that the worm was a plot device, and I don't see Thor having a problem with it either to be honest. Not after all of the mythical beasts that he's put down. However he was not capable of mounting much of an offense, or defense against the Sentry.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm thinking that the worm was a plot device, and I don't see Thor having a problem with it either to be honest. Not after all of the mythical beasts that he's put down. However he was not capable of mounting much of an offense, or defense against the Sentry.
It was clearly a plot device.. And couldn't agree more with how he treated Thor.. Every time it looked like Thor was about to turn the tables, Deathtry shut his @$$ down right quick!

But is it enuff to warrant a win over OWAW Supes?
I would need to see more. I see Clark continuously pound the shiet out of him for a forum win.

Diesldude

Yeah the death sentry is probably in a constant state of reforming in the worms intestines and waiting to be shitted out.

Stoic
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
It was clearly a plot device.. And couldn't agree more with how he treated Thor.. Every time it looked like Thor was about to turn the tables, Deathtry shut his @$$ down right quick!

But is it enuff to warrant a win over OWAW Supes?
I would need to see more. I see Clark continuously pound the shiet out of him for a forum win.

The OP never said anything about Our World's at War Superman, and if it did, this would be a duplicate thread. However Superman does not possess the tools to defeat this version of the Sentry. He would simply reform on the spot, and mount another attack until... my guess would be to kill Superman. He seems to have the tools to hurt Superman, but I'm not sure if Superman can do the same.

Galan007
The OP never said anything about Our World's at War Superman Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Sundipped Superman- OUR WORLDS AT WAR

VS

Death Seed Sentry

carver9
This thread was made last month.

Diesldude
The OP never said anything about Our World's at War Superman, and if it did, this would be a duplicate thread. However Superman does not possess the tools to defeat this version of the Sentry. He would simply reform on the spot, and mount another attack until... my guess would be to kill Superman. He seems to have the tools to hurt Superman, but I'm not sure if Superman can do the same.

Can't he just knock out the sentry without killing him?

Stoic
Whoops sorry it does say OWAW. That means that this is a duplicate thread. Why did you make another one LOB?

Stoic
Originally posted by Diesldude
Can't he just knock out the sentry without killing him?

How do you knock a guy out that is able to take getting his head split wide open?

bluewaterrider
How do you knock a guy out that is able to take getting his head split wide open?

mmm

By knocking him out.

Comics don't work on that brand of logic.

A perfect case in point is the famous villain Doomsday, who was not only able to literally handle dying from getting beaten to death
but came back physically stronger than he had been before.

He got knocked out by Superman in a rematch.

Galan007
This no-limits fallacy argument when it comes to Dentry is stupid. To date, Dentry hasn't battled a character even remotely close to sun-dipped/OWAW Superman's level. Assuming Supes would be unable to KO Dentry simply because far weaker characters than him haven't been able to, is also stupid.

Also, space-worm...

Stoic
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
mmm

By knocking him out.

Comics don't work on that brand of logic.

A perfect case in point is the famous villain Doomsday, who was not only able to literally handle dying from getting beaten to death
but came back physically stronger than he had been before.

He got knocked out by Superman in a rematch.

Doomsday and Sentry aren't remotely the same character, they neither have the same powers or operate on the same levels. We saw the Sentry get his head split open and he was not harmed. How do you knock someone out that can take that kind of abuse? Superman does not have the tools to deal with this guy.

This no-limits fallacy argument when it comes to Dentry is stupid. To date, Dentry hasn't battled a character even remotely close to sun-dipped/OWAW Superman's level. Assuming Supes would be unable to KO Dentry simply because far weaker characters than him haven't been able to, is also stupid.

Also, space-worm...

You don't have to have a no limits fallacy placed upon a character to not be affected with Superman's brand of offensive abilities. He simply would not have the necessary tools as I said before to KO, or stop the Sentry. This is not to say that someone of lesser power could not defeat him. Superman however operates on the physical level, and Sentry appeared to be beyond that. The worm was obviously a plot device which helped to save our favorite hero's from their untimely demise. If not then the Worm could have been more powerful than we may know. It would have certainly killed Thor... I mean if you really want to go that route. Let's just keep it at plot device worm that swallowed Sentry until the writers know what to do next.

celeyhyga17
Doomsday and Sentry aren't remotely the same character, they neither have the same powers or operate on the same levels. We saw the Sentry get his head split open and he was not harmed. How do you knock someone out that can take that kind of abuse? Superman does not have the tools to deal with this guy.

You don't have to have a no limits fallacy placed upon a character to not be affected with Superman's brand of offensive abilities. He simply would not have the necessary tools as I said before to KO, or stop the Sentry. This is not to say that someone of lesser power could not defeat him. Superman however operates on the physical level, and Sentry appeared to be beyond that. The worm was obviously a plot device which helped to save our favorite hero's from their untimely demise. If not then the Worm could have been more powerful than we may know. It would have certainly killed Thor... I mean if you really want to go that route. Let's just keep it at plot device worm that swallowed Sentry until the writers know what to do next. HV

Stoic
HV

Heat Vision? Are you certain that this would work on him? If so why didn't Thor unleash a lightning barrage upon him? Lightning as we all know is very hot. Mystical lightning may be even hotter.

celeyhyga17
Heat Vision? Are you certain that this would work on him? If so why didn't Thor unleash a lightning barrage upon him? Lightning as we all know is very hot. Mystical lightning may be even hotter.
Ask Thor.. Cause if I wuz him, I woulda called the Lorn Bolt.

Also remember Thor incinerated Voidtry in Siege? He did reform eventually(many times), but was constantly vaporized within the sun. I dont see why Supers would not mix his attacks with hv and get a forum win.. Imo.

Stoic
Ask Thor.. Cause if I wuz him, I woulda called the Lorn Bolt.

Also remember Thor incinerated Voidtry in Siege? He did reform eventually(many times), but was constantly vaporized within the sun. I dont see why Supers would not mix his attacks with hv and get a forum win.. Imo.

But this is a whole new Sentry, all we know is that it does not take remotely the amount of time that it used to take for him to reform. Look at how having his head split open had no effect on him. He went as far as to rip his own skull apart, and this had no effect on him. Superman may just be a bad fight for a guy of this power set. Again I am not making a claim that Sentry is more powerful than OWAW Superman was, but more to the tune of OWAW Superman may not be able to hit him or score on him. I don't see Superman being able to do the same however.

carver9
Correction to Stoic post. Sentry got his BRAINS crushed...how can you beat something like that?

Golgo13
Supes.

Stoic
Originally posted by Golgo13
Supes.

How?

God Cloth Seiya
Supes

Stoic
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Supes

You guys keep saying that, but aren't saying how he wins. Until someone comes up with a suitable way that Superman can hurt someone that seems immune to physical harm, he has no business winning.

God Cloth Seiya
Nope supes wins.

Stoic
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Nope supes wins.

Oh I see, you have no idea how he wins, just that you like him more.

Golgo13
It will be tough, but I wonder if Supes can use his cold breath/HV to take him down. I just don't see Sentry doing anything to a full on OWAW Superman.

God Cloth Seiya
Oh I see, you have no idea how he wins, just that you like him more. I don't like either one of them actually stick out tongue stick out tongue

Stoic
Originally posted by Golgo13
It will be tough, but I wonder if Supes can use his cold breath/HV to take him down. I just don't see Sentry doing anything to a full on OWAW Superman.

Anyone capable of toying with Thor on a physical level (ie holding him helpless) Should be able to wear even this version of Superman down. heat vision, and frost breath would in my mind do nothing to someone who did not require his major organs to exist. I think it would be like fighting a ghost. you can't hit it, but it can and will hit you. I don't believe that Superman has the tools to deal with this type of character. However someone like Legion probably would.

Golgo13
iThor wasn't fighting all that smart from what I remember, plus a sundipped Superman is above Thor.

carver9
Superman wins this.

LordofBrooklyn
You guys keep saying that, but aren't saying how he wins. Until someone comes up with a suitable way that Superman can hurt someone that seems immune to physical harm, he has no business winning.

1. Speed - All of Superman's abilities are augmented here, at this level Clark should have the speed advantage.

2. Canon - If Sentry gets hit with OWAW level Heat Vision it should at least have the same effect that Thor's lightning had on him. Any magic factor notwithstanding of course.

3. Strength - Given the speed at which he can attack Warworld moving strength x enhanced combat speed should be enough to hurt Sentry.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Superman wins this.

Carver what was your previous response?

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
1. Speed - All of Superman's abilities are augmented here, at this level Clark should have the speed advantage.

2. Canon - If Sentry gets hit with OWAW level Heat Vision it should at least have the same effect that Thor's lightning had on him. Any magic factor notwithstanding of course.

3. Strength - Given the speed at which he can attack Warworld moving strength x enhanced combat speed should be enough to hurt Sentry.

This is not Siege Sentry. not sure if anyone noticed that or not.

celeyhyga17

This is not Siege Sentry. not sure if anyone noticed that or not.
We know.. But I'm of the mind that Voidtry > Deathtry...
And we all know the void has departed from his person(for now) as per Uncanny Avengers #11...

Galan007
You guys keep saying that, but aren't saying how he wins. You realize that your only rebuttal on behalf of Dentry is a no-limits fallacy, right?

"Thor couldn't put Dentry down, therefore he is immune to ALL harm!" Sorry, but no.

Stoic
You realize that your only rebuttal on behalf of Dentry is a no-limits fallacy, right?

"Thor couldn't put Dentry down, therefore he is immune to ALL harm!" Sorry, but no.

No what i should have said from the beginning is that until the writers take their head's out of their assh@les any type of debate that has Sentry in it can not be proven due to no one truly knowing the limitations of his power/s. For all we know at this very moment is that he could be a corrupted Cosmic Cube. All we can say for sure is that physical attacks have no lasting effect on him, and that he reforms a hell of a lot faster than he did in the past. This includes Siege Sentry. How many years did it take him to show back up after Thor smoked him?

This thread is premature.

Golgo13
You realize that your only rebuttal on behalf of Dentry is a no-limits fallacy, right?

Pretty much. Death Sentry still has some story left, so he has time to impress me. I just don't see Superman losing this one.

carver9
It's debatable if Superman is faster than Sentry.

Galan007
No what i should have said from the beginning is that until the writers take their head's out of their assh@les any type of debate that has Sentry in it can not be proven due to no one truly knowing the limitations of his power/s. For all we know at this very moment is that he could be a corrupted Cosmic Cube. All we can say for sure is that physical attacks have no lasting effect on him, and that he reforms a hell of a lot faster than he did in the past. This includes Siege Sentry. How many years did it take him to show back up after Thor smoked him?

This thread is premature. I agree that we do not know Dentry's upper limits(I can only assume a space-worm summoned by Wasp isn't his upper limit.) Based on what we know right now, however, Dentry's done absolutely nothing that makes me think he can beat this version of Supes.

I believe a HV barrage similar to this:
http://i.imgur.com/5UiN3L7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lsxFiS5.jpg
(Except a LOT more powerful... Cuz sun-amp.)

Or heat attackS similar to these:
1.) http://i.imgur.com/28FaEB6.jpg
2.) http://i.imgur.com/rkaauIW.jpg

...Would cause enough damage to at least constitute a forum win. Sentry/Void have always been vulnerable to extreme heat, after all--so until I have a legitimate reason to think otherwise, I'll treat Dentry no differently in that regard.

In terms of physicality, Dentry being stronger than Thor doesn't make me think he can contend with this version of Supes--not even remotely. This is a properly sun-amped AND bloodlusted Superman, for crying out loud.

dial J for Josh
Yes the worm was easily a plot device and I was actually pleased with how it was done because no one hero or group took sentry out yet which still makes him look strong. But as I feared, it seems that along with sentrys resurrection his CIS was resurrected as well lol. Instead of sentry staring straight at the giant worm and going.... "oh" he could have easily utilized his superhuman reflexes and speed to negate being cosumed by it lol. But I'm not complaining too much he had to be written off somehow.

Stoic
I agree that we do not know Dentry's upper limits(I can only assume a space-worm summoned by Wasp isn't his upper limit.) Based on what we know right now, however, Dentry's done absolutely nothing that makes me think he can beat this version of Supes.

I believe a HV barrage similar to this:
http://i.imgur.com/5UiN3L7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lsxFiS5.jpg
(Except a LOT more powerful... Cuz sun-amp.)

Or heat attackS similar to these:
1.) http://i.imgur.com/28FaEB6.jpg
2.) http://i.imgur.com/rkaauIW.jpg

...Would cause enough damage to at least constitute a forum win. Sentry/Void have always been vulnerable to extreme heat, after all--so until I have a legitimate reason to think otherwise, I'll treat Dentry no differently in that regard.

In terms of physicality, Dentry being stronger than Thor doesn't make me think he can contend with this version of Supes--not even remotely. This is a properly sun-amped AND bloodlusted Superman, for crying out loud.

Throwing Thor the distance that he did, and even nearly killing him with the toss indicated a lot of power to me. However like I said, i believe that this topic is premature, because as you yourself stated, we do not know his upper limits. This is not me claiming a no limits fallacy, but me saying that no one can gauge the winner fairly. People can only choose who they like to win, and that is all. treating Thor like he was a 90 pound weakling is and was quite impressive. Not saying Sum amped Superman could not do the same, just saying that I was impressed. I also have no reason to go against Superman on this one if you need to know. i just don't know who would win, and neither do you or anyone else based on the little bit of information that we have on this version of the Sentry.

I would also be very surprised if extreme heat or cold is his weakness after seeing him split his own head open without him feeling it. Physical trauma after all is physical trauma. If you have proof to support Superman being able to hurt this version then bring it. I don't think you will find any, because this is not the same old Sentry that we saw years ago.

tkitna
Dsentry is too hard to gauge yet. Only a couple appearances and not many feats. The couple of feats he does have are pretty impressive so far though. I will say that I don't think he needs his physical form to operate. He isn't alive. Not sure what a blast of heat vision would accomplish even if it did filet his body.

Also, the space worm is almost as bad as the Human Torch encounter. I cant fault the writers though, its hard trying to rid the story of a character that powerful.

As of right now, I don't really know, but I have to go with Clark until I see more. I'm just not sure how he would win though.

celeyhyga17
I may have to change my mind now.

Bump!

LordofBrooklyn
I may have to change my mind now.

Why?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Why?
Because of recent events.

Tony Stark
Because of recent events.

smokin'

Prof. T.C McAbe
No contest, Superman stomps.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
No contest, Superman stomps. thumb up

Stoic
Well it was all but stated on panel that Death Seed Sentry possesses the strength of all of Marvels Super Heroes combined in one guy according to the Exitar feat. If not, Rogue would have pushed Exitar off balance. This wasn't happening. I'm just not seeing Superman possessing more strength than Thor, Hulk, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Hercules, Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Luke Cage, Colossus, and several others. As a matter of fact, I'm not seeing him having more strength than just the guys that I mentioned. DS Sentry kicks his ass.

And I forgot to mention, Rulk Thing, Captain Britain, Spider Man....

dial J for Josh
Well it was all but stated on panel that Death Seed Sentry possesses the strength of all of Marvels Super Heroes combined in one guy according to the Exitar feat. If not, Rogue would have pushed Exitar off balance. This wasn't happening. I'm just not seeing Superman possessing more strength than Thor, Hulk, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Hercules, Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Luke Cage, Colossus, and several others. As a matter of fact, I'm not seeing him having more strength than just the guys that I mentioned. DS Sentry kicks his ass.

And I forgot to mention, Rulk Thing, Captain Britain, Spider Man....

Everything you say is true Stoic. As a matter of fact I was going to make a post saying exactly what you said here, but I refrained myself from doing so. I realized that the Kmc House of El illuminati is in full force, so all logical reasoning will be disregarded by default. Characters like the Blue Marvel and Deathtry despite having only high end feats will always lose to Superman no question. Superman is apparently a God who cannot be matched or defeated.

JBL
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Everything you say is true Stoic. As a matter of fact I was going to make a post saying exactly what you said here, but I refrained myself from doing so. I realized that the Kmc House of El illuminati is in full force, so all logical reasoning will be disregarded by default. Characters like the Blue Marvel and Deathtry despite having only high end feats will always lose to Superman no question. Superman is apparently a God who cannot be matched or defeated. 110% correct. They have ruined superman as a character and debating them is a waste of time.

h1a8
As much as I hate to argue against Superman, I have a hard time seeing how he could prevent Sentry from reforming. I have a couple of questions:

1. How much damage to Sentry must be done in order for him not to reform?
2. Is it his spirit or abstract form that reforms his body?

If 1. then it is unknown whether this Superman can win.
If 2. then Superman would need t-vo or something that effects minds to win

I believe this Superman can literally disintegrate Sentry with ease. But the problem is, will Sentry come back?

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
As much as I hate to argue against Superman, I have a hard time seeing how he could prevent Sentry from reforming. I have a couple of questions:

1. How much damage to Sentry must be done in order for him not to reform?
2. Is it his spirit or abstract form that reforms his body?

If 1. then it is unknown whether this Superman can win.
If 2. then Superman would need t-vo or something that effects minds to win

I believe this Superman can literally disintegrate Sentry with ease. But the problem is, will Sentry come back?

No one knows for certain, but if we go by what was stated on panel of the Sentry, he is a psionic manifestation of how Bob perceives himself to be in a heroic form. He has not been killed, the Molecule Man tried to disperse him, but because he is not a true human, and just a psionic manifestation of one, he can continue to reform. T-Vo may not work, because as I pointed out, the Sentry is basically an M body of sorts. Besides that, I don't see how Superman is more powerful than a guy that was basically just stated as having as much power as all of the Marvel supers combined in one person. Sorry but Superman loses here.

Golgo13
Statements does not equal feats, though. Until i see more from him, i will gp with clark.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Sundipped Superman with the LF took on the energies of the big bang from a Galactus level being.

DarkSaint85
Best Superman can hope for is a stalemate. It's Sentry's fight to lose.

Sentry beats the amp out of him.

Golgo13
Sundipped Superman with the LF took on the energies of the big bang from a Galactus level being.

thumb up Yeah, Supes has the best feats of the two. That can change, of course.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Best Superman can hope for is a stalemate. It's Sentry's fight to lose.

Sentry beats the amp out of him. Sentry does indeed win.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry does indeed win.

thumb up

HulkIsHulk
If I remember right, Wolverine's famed adamantium claws couldn't cut the worm from inside. Oh, and by the way does anybody have the links to Rogue's Exitar lifting feat? And the guys she absorbed power from.

The Sorrow
Sentry doesn't have the feats.

tkitna
How many more feats does he need? He held up a Celestial for cripes sake. Something the power of every earth hero failed to do. I can't see Superman being as powerful as every earth hero from Marvel.

Sentry destroys him.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by tkitna
How many more feats does he need? He held up a Celestial for cripes sake. Something the power of every earth hero failed to do. I can't see Superman being as powerful as every earth hero from Marvel.

Sentry destroys him.

DS had help from Rogue, Sundipped Superman with the LF pushed against the energies of the big band, from an Galactus level being. That is more impressive.

carver9
Not all of the energy from the big bang, but, Superman showing was more impressive imo. Don't think he can beat this version of Sentry though.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Not all of the energy from the big bang, but, Superman showing was more impressive imo. Don't think he can beat this version of Sentry though.

Sundipped Superman from OWAW with the LF would stomp WBH AND DeathSentry.

quanchi112
Sundipped Superman from OWAW with the LF would stomp WBH AND DeathSentry. How ?

Stoic
The Celestail was consciously trying to descend to the Earth, he was denied from doing this. It's quite the feat, even with the help of Rogue. However to be completely honest, no one really knows how much Bob was lifting, and how much Rogue was lifting. I'm not going to undermine his contribution in the feat by saying something stupid like he may have only been lifting Captain Britain's max weight to help stave off the descent, because that would be a lie. He was straining. Either way, it was a great feat.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by tkitna

Sentry destroys him.

yes

Tony Stark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Galan007
This thread was made last month. thumb up
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=591699&pagenumber=1

...same thread i published my "What If: Exitar vs. Death Sentry" comic in:
I went ahead and published my own comic detailing their encounter...

http://i.imgur.com/Rc7SuF3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ihdq2qz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gnBynPy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ok8TjXW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rdws6RI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dyuFbYk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hQcIFoC.jpg

= Canon. thumb up

he

Branlor Swift
That's pretty much confirmed when twice Sentry's power can only halt Exitar from levitating downwards slowly.

Still, hundreds of Earth's heroes (minus Thor obviously) is pretty uber. And so Goddamned retarded. And then Thor's retarded axe comes out of nowhere and cleaves Exitar's neck apart which will obviously kill Exitar when almost every hero on Earth squared can only halt his descent.

It's a good thing Remender is going to get a hold of a more diverse library of villains coming up. Can't wait until divergent Eternities end up getting cleaved in twix while Thor tanks the axe.

Galan007
^ you forgot to mention the fact that kang is suddenly able to hop inside a celestial and absorb its power. thumb up

leonidas
^ hey, it's kang. sneer

but...yeah, i pretty much agree with everything bran said. the whole arc was pretty predictable. not sure why, but a couple things REALLY stood out as inexcusable to me--mags easily controlling doom 2099's armor, and of course, BLOB squashing doom 2099!!? WTF??! whenever these big deaths happen (like reaper killing cap) it's always so....lame. and it was clear as soon as a couple characters were killed off that they'd go back in time and fix it all. sooooo fekkin predictable. and stupid mutants! they get their own damn planet and they even screw THAT up! anyway, this is off topic so i'll take this to the comic book thread.

as for the match up? not sure tbh. the worm thing was...utterly stupid, but SORT of accounted for as being the most durable thing in the galaxy. apparently. still, dumb. can't really see it holding owaw supes. but sentry was clearly well above thor. worm aside, sentry was a bad mofo in the arc. i'd probably take supes--sentry is STILL a terrible character and a total tool--but it would be close imo.

Rao Kal El
thumb up
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=591699&pagenumber=1

...same thread i published my "What If: Exitar vs. Death Sentry" comic in:

he

thumb up

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Diesldude
Yeah the death sentry is probably in a constant state of reforming in the worms intestines and waiting to be shitted out.

laughing laughing

HulkIsHulk
This version of Sentry has too good regen. He takes this 8/10

Tony Stark
Superman wins this.

rolling on floor laughing

Tony Stark

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk...

CadenceV2
Doesn't this Sentry still have the Molecule Manipulation on the level of Molecule Man himself? If so he should win.

MrMind
lol, bump

Based on the recent JL feat, Superman one-shots him

JBL THE GREAT
Sentry stomps.

carver9
Sentry

playa1258
Superman stomps the vastly overrated Sentry.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.