Weakest of the category and Strongest of the category.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuggernautMania
so here is the point of this thread. i give several categories,high herald, trans and skyfather. i want you to list who do you think is the weakest in each category and who is the strongest in each category.

JuggernautMania
i think the weakest among high heralds would be Bob Sentry. while the strongest would be silver surfer.
weaken trans would be Thanos, strongest trans would be GA SBP or Superman 1Million. lowest skyfather would be zeus, highest skyfather would be dormammu.

Digi
Skyfather isn't actually defined on KMC. You'll get different answers because no one knows exactly who is under the Skyfather umbrella.

srug

Also, I'm not sure if you're trying to bait with Sentry/Thanos, but it seems like you might be.

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by Digi
Skyfather isn't actually defined on KMC. You'll get different answers because no one knows exactly who is under the Skyfather umbrella.

srug

Also, I'm not sure if you're trying to bait with Sentry/Thanos, but it seems like you might be.

i really dont, its just my opinion. sentry while in bob mindset is a high herald but IMO a weak one. as for thanos i just find him to be weaker than other trans levelers, i might be wrong but thats my opinion.

pym-ftw
Inept
Gwen Stacey
Aunt May

Street
Alfred Pennyworth
Kingpin

Low Meta
Captain America
Spiderman

High Meta
Storm
Giantman

Low Herald
Nova
Namor

Mid Herald
SuperSkrull
Wonder Woman

High Herald
Gladiator
Blue Marvel

Trans
Ultron
GA SMP

Skyfather
Serpent
Shuma Gorath

Abstracts
Galactus
Kirby / Toaa / Presence

Stoic

srug

You caught that too huh? i thought that it was just me.

JuggernautMania
wow people use your creativity and some thinking. people here are too used to see 2 characters fighting and just name the one from marvel, but when a thread with some thinking comes up everybody are out of the game.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
wow people use your creativity and some thinking. people here are too used to see 2 characters fighting and just name the one from marvel, but when a thread with some thinking comes up everybody are out of the game.

Might wanna cool your jets a little. The biased shit hasn't even started yet (from either camp).

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -Pr-
Might wanna cool your jets a little. The biased shit hasn't even started yet (from either camp).

so here is the point of this thread. i give several categories,high herald, trans and skyfather. i want you to list who do you think is the weakest in each category and who is the strongest in each category.

High Herald
Hulk
Superman

Trans
Ultron
SM Prime

Skyfather
Odin
Darkseid

pym-ftw
Originally posted by -Pr-
Might wanna cool your jets a little. The biased shit hasn't even started yet (from either camp). he is just a little salty towards me from a different thread.

Digi
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
High Herald
Hulk
Superman

laughing out loud

Apparently I accused the wrong person of baiting earlier. I didn't know that I was well off.

thumb up

Digi
ANYWAY.

Trans:
Lowest - Sentinel Alan Scott
Highest - King Thor, maybe the Doctor (WS)

HH:
Lowest - Kyle Rayner (no amp)
Highest - Surfer

MH:
High - FP Cable, BRB

LH:
High - Doom (according to the tier thread, this is where he is. So srug but he should definitely be MH). Maybe He-Man

High Meta:
I have too many opinions here to know for sure. The answer changes depending on criteria.

Low Meta:
High: Spidey
Low: Wulfgar, maybe Swift

High Street:
High - Bullseye, Classic KP, Batman

zopzop
Skyfather isn't actually defined on KMC.
It doesn't have to be defined by KMC. Marvel did a good enough job stating what a skyfather is : the king of an entire pantheon.

Odin, Zeus, the Trimurti, Marduk, etc.. These guys are the undisputed rulers of their kingdoms. All Gods in their respective pantheons are beneath them. They rule because they are the most powerful members of their Godly race (it isn't some democracy where they are voted in to lead, they rule because of their sheer power).

carver9
High Herald
Hulk
Superman

Transi
Thanos
SM Prime

Skyfather
Odin
Zeus

This with some slight changes.

JuggernautMania
yes i agree with the things many people think. i see everybody believe GA SBP is the top trans leveler but i cant deside between him and superman 1 million. superman 1 million while depowered blew firestorm like nothing with his breath and stated he could destroy a giant red star with only his breath while weaken. while at full power he was able to almost stop a charging galaxy at the speed of light which was going to destroy the universe, this guy is insane i think he is the peak of the trans tier.

carver9
Originally posted by carver9
This with some slight changes.

Wait, I want to change my stance with Trans tier.

Thanos
World Breaker Hulk

JuggernautMania
Wait, I want to change my stance with Trans tier.

Thanos
World Breaker Hulk

you mean WBH is lowest trans or highest trans?

carver9
you mean WBH is lowest trans or highest trans?

Depends on how you look at it. While not fully powered, he outperformed a Skyfather. I would say high. If someone can punch another person in the face while being cloud height and indirectly melt some Heralds, the Mindless one, amped trolls, destroy a planet and bust a moon open (remember, with a single punch). That's indescribable power...something that I have not seen on panel.

JuggernautMania
holding back a charging galaxy at light speed that is able to destroy the universe is more powerful.

Digi
Originally posted by zopzop
It doesn't have to be defined by KMC. Marvel did a good enough job stating what a skyfather is : the king of an entire pantheon.

Odin, Zeus, the Trimurti, Marduk, etc.. These guys are the undisputed rulers of their kingdoms. All Gods in their respective pantheons are beneath them. They rule because they are the most powerful members of their Godly race (it isn't some democracy where they are voted in to lead, they rule because of their sheer power).

Look at some of the answers though, or ask around. I know what a Skyfather is. But in terms of usage on KMC, it doesn't refer to your definition any more than "herald" refers to only the heralds of Galactus.

JuggernautMania
i think superman 1 million is low skyfather. his feats are above even trans.

Digi
Look at some of the answers though, or ask around. I know what a Skyfather is. But in terms of usage on KMC, it doesn't refer to your definition any more than "herald" refers to only the heralds of Galactus.

Case in point:

i think superman 1 million is low skyfather. his feats are above even trans.

JuggerMan here doesn't speak for everyone, of course, but he's far from the only one to have said stuff like this.

zopzop
Oh so you mean strictly power wise?

Easy. A "skyfather tier" being is anyone that's
a) more powerful than a Trans Tier being
b) less powerful than a high end cosmic (ie Galactus)

operator616
maybe the Doctor (WS)

Id put the Doctor above Trans, personally. At least at full potential.

Like when the renegade Doctor received his powers, he was said to be able to recreate the universe from the Big Bang till the end of time. Then in the 2nd volume of The Authority, Jeroen managed to create a universe (a big bang) out of a suicide bomber (who was meant to take out no more than a city block). Also demonstrated casual control over time, even against Fractal (same arc where she was merging the whole multiverse), who was stated in the same story to have control over time as well. Remember that Jeroen is stoned most of the time, which is why we don't see him performing these kind of feats often (well, there would be no threats to the Authority if he operated on that level all the time, the writers can't have that).

Not to mention that Habib managed to hold his own against a mind-controlled Jenny Quantum for 2 issues, even when she started using her "imagination". Jenny has several universal feats; her sister (whom she's equal to beyond a doubt, in terms of power level) has a multiversal feat. Granted, some writers tend to forget that Quantum has reality-warping capabilities (Authority: the Lost Year and DC/WS: dreamwar, come to mind), but in Authority prime, she was definitely portrayed as a powerful reality-warper.

I also recall an issue of Planetary saying that Dreamtime is the starting point of the entire multiverse. Kind of tells us how significant the Doctor's supposed to be.

Digi
Oh so you mean strictly power wise?

Easy. A "skyfather tier" being is anyone that's
a) more powerful than a Trans Tier being
b) less powerful than a high end cosmic (ie Galactus)

Lol, you're proving my point. Like I said, ask around. Go solicit 10 other definitions, and have fun reconciling probably at least 5-6 incongruent ideas of what it should be.

Also, technically even your definition is problematic. Originally, Trans. was created to go up to Odin, but not including him. As it was originally conceived, and as it still exists today, several lesser Skyfather pantheon heads should be in Trans. They remain absent only because of the lexical complications. Some lesser Skyfathers would undoubtedly lose to high end Trans. characters, so even if the original idea of Trans. is voided, direct comparisons damn it anew.

Also, "high end cosmic" is another ill-defined term. Several quasi-abstract beings could be anything from Trans. to your Galactus tier, depending on interpretation.

To be fair, it's as good a definition as any. But since there's no colloquial understanding of the tier (which, again, doesn't exist on KMC except as individual constructions/ideas), it doesn't help much.

Thus, my original point. Pending further explication on a publicly-understood level, citing literally anything as Skyfather tier is, at best, unfalsifiable and therefore meaningless.

Originally posted by operator616
Id put the Doctor above Trans, personally. At least at full potential.

Like when the renegade Doctor received his powers, he was said to be able to recreate the universe from the Big Bang till the end of time. Then in the 2nd volume of The Authority, Jeroen managed to create a universe (a big bang) out of a suicide bomber (who was meant to take out no more than a city block). Also demonstrated casual control over time, even against Fractal (same arc where she was merging the whole multiverse), who was stated in the same story to have control over time as well. Remember that Jeroen is stoned most of the time, which is why we don't see him performing these kind of feats often (well, there would be no threats to the Authority if he operated on that level all the time, the writers can't have that).

Not to mention that Habib managed to hold his own against a mind-controlled Jenny Quantum for 2 issues, even when she started using her "imagination". Jenny has several universal feats; her sister (whom she's equal to beyond a doubt, in terms of power level) has a multiversal feat. Granted, some writers tend to forget that Quantum has reality-warping capabilities (Authority: the Lost Year and DC/WS: dreamwar, come to mind), but in Authority prime, she was definitely portrayed as a powerful reality-warper.

I also recall an issue of Planetary saying that Dreamtime is the starting point of the entire multiverse. Kind of tells us how significant the Doctor's supposed to be.

We have evidence to suggest Doctor > Jenny, though very slightly, from that encounter. His powers aren't reality manip. though. They're high-level matter and time manip. Subtle but important distinction.

The suicide bomber thing is wildly overstated. Dimensional BFR that exploited some physical laws to make a Big bang...not even among his top feats, and bordering on a non-feat imo.

I might actually agree with your overall point, though. Which is why I listed him at the top.

carver9
holding back a charging galaxy at light speed that is able to destroy the universe is more powerful.

Making an abstract use almost all of his power just to contain you is more impressive.

Digi

Making an abstract use almost all of his power just to contain you is more impressive.

V0kzlBqsF2U

JuggernautMania

no you are just twisting the feats as usual. what feat are you exactly refering to? i would like to see a scan to that feat and then i will even address it. aside of that its well knwon that abstracts and celestials sometimes job to even heralds like thor being able to hurt them atc atc , WBH is on a planetary level he can destroy a planet thats cool. but its nothing compared to someone who can destroy a giant star while depowered, and hold back a charging galaxy at light speed with his force vision.

operator616

We have evidence to suggest Doctor > Jenny, though very slightly, from that encounter. His powers aren't reality manip. though. They're high-level matter and time manip. Subtle but important distinction.

That encounter doesn't prove that Doctor > Jenny (although, it's a great feat for Habib, considering that Jenny is a universal/multiversal being). She was mind controlled, after all, and was trying to hold back a bit (she did start using her imagination, though), while Habib even said that he was going to have to go "all out" to stop her, from what i recall.

There are other evidence which suggests that The Doctor > Jenny. Like in The Authority: Lost Year #9, Jenny says that simple spell from the (alt.) Doctor could have ended the entire conflict (which involved the mainstream authority including Jenny, along with an alternate authority and other villains), while she couldn't:

http://i.imgur.com/hqppn2q.jpg?1

But like i said, Authority: Lost Year is one of those times where a writer forgets that Jenny has reality warping capabilities. Jenny has actually better feats than the Doctor.

Well for one, i never specifically said that the Doctor is "a reality warper", although he actually is. Matter and time manipulation is technically reality manipulation. The Doctor also has been stated right from his very first appearance that he could "re-mix reality". His battle with Jenny was kind of a reality warping battle too.

The suicide bomber thing is wildly overstated. Dimensional BFR that exploited some physical laws to make a Big bang...not even among his top feats, and bordering on a non-feat imo.

Im not sure i follow you, here. What's "overstated" about it? Because that's exactly what was stated. The Doctor says: "I just created a new universe":

http://i.imgur.com/zy3hU4c.jpg

And now that i re-checked the scene (The Authority v2 #2), i saw nothing about "exploiting a physical law to make a big bang". So im not sure what you're talking about here. You'll have to clarify.

carver9
no you are just twisting the feats as usual. what feat are you exactly refering to? i would like to see a scan to that feat and then i will even address it. aside of that its well knwon that abstracts and celestials sometimes job to even heralds like thor being able to hurt them atc atc , WBH is on a planetary level he can destroy a planet thats cool. but its nothing compared to someone who can destroy a giant star while depowered, and hold back a charging galaxy at light speed with his force vision.

Lol...that was more than a planetary showing.

Here is the scene and lol at you saying anything about context.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17094436_Longshot_Saves_The_Marvel_Universe_002-014.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17094438_Longshot_Saves_The_Marvel_Universe_002-015.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17094439_Longshot_Saves_The_Marvel_Universe_002-016.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17094441_Longshot_Saves_The_Marvel_Universe_002-017.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17094442_Longshot_Saves_The_Marvel_Universe_002-018.jpg

In-betweener.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Inept
Gwen Stacey
Aunt May

Street
Alfred Pennyworth
Kingpin

Low Meta
Captain America
Spiderman

High Meta
Storm
Giantman

Low Herald
Nova
Namor

Mid Herald
SuperSkrull
Wonder Woman
High Herald
Gladiator
Blue Marvel

Trans
Ultron
GA SMP

Skyfather
Serpent
Shuma Gorath

Abstracts
Galactus
Kirby / Toaa / Presence
are you kidding me ?

DarkSaint85
With her gear, she's pretty haxxed.

A sword that shaves electrons.
Her armour
Her bracers
That lasso...

iscaremonkeys
With her gear, she's pretty haxxed.

A sword that shaves electrons.
Her armour
Her bracers
That lasso... after she got one shotted my Jhon stewart..........
He could atleast but captain marvel but mander woman?

Digi
That encounter doesn't prove that Doctor > Jenny (although, it's a great feat for Habib, considering that Jenny is a universal/multiversal being). She was mind controlled, after all, and was trying to hold back a bit (she did start using her imagination, though), while Habib even said that he was going to have to go "all out" to stop her, from what i recall.

There are other evidence which suggests that The Doctor > Jenny. Like in The Authority: Lost Year #9, Jenny says that simple spell from the (alt.) Doctor could have ended the entire conflict (which involved the mainstream authority including Jenny, along with an alternate authority and other villains), while she couldn't:

http://i.imgur.com/hqppn2q.jpg?1

But like i said, Authority: Lost Year is one of those times where a writer forgets that Jenny has reality warping capabilities. Jenny has actually better feats than the Doctor.

Well for one, i never specifically said that the Doctor is "a reality warper", although he actually is. Matter and time manipulation is technically reality manipulation. The Doctor also has been stated right from his very first appearance that he could "re-mix reality". His battle with Jenny was kind of a reality warping battle too.

Playing with semantics here a bit. But in comic terms, a reality warper is generally someone who thinks something and the laws of reality conform to make it happen. Whereas time and matter manip. are working with existing physical laws. The Doctor can shape reality to him whim, but he can't rewrite reality, which is what reality manip. commonly refers to. Forming a sandwich from stray atoms as opposed to having one pop into existence, violating laws of the universe and logic. Reality manip. is abstract in its truest sense, because it's the concept itself that makes it happen. The Doctor doesn't need to know the atomic structure or physical laws all the time (like Firestorm, for example), he can just think it. But the process of it, how it actually happens once he thinks it, is the same. Make sense?

I realize the lines get blurred sometimes by lazy writers, but there are numerous references and feats that lead me to make this distinction.

I agree with pretty much everything else here, though.

Im not sure i follow you, here. What's "overstated" about it? Because that's exactly what was stated. The Doctor says: "I just created a new universe":

http://i.imgur.com/zy3hU4c.jpg

And now that i re-checked the scene (The Authority v2 #2), i saw nothing about "exploiting a physical law to make a big bang". So im not sure what you're talking about here. You'll have to clarify.

Overstated in that anyone who can dimensional BFR could replicate that feat, which includes numerous characters at well below Trans tier. As the feat is routinely used (i.e. "He made a BIG BANG!"wink, it implies he possesses vastly higher amounts of raw power than he actually does. It's not an impressive feat.

pym-ftw
Are you rating her higher or lower?

carver9
It depends on how you look at Mid Herald. These people are ranked as mid Heralds on KMC but I consider them High Heralds.

Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Blue Marvel
King Hyperion
Magneto
Beta Ray Bill
Martian Manhunter
Stardust
Firelord
Bizzaro
Zod
Gladiator
Exodus

I consider a lot of these people above her, personally (even though she would give every Herald a fight and pull a lot of wins), so if this is true and these people are Mid Herald, she shouldn't be on anyone's list as the top mid Herald.

iscaremonkeys
It depends on how you look at Mid Herald. These people are ranked as mid Heralds on KMC but I consider them High Heralds.

Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Blue Marvel
King Hyperion
Magneto
Beta Ray Bill
Martian Manhunter
Stardust
Firelord
Bizzaro
Zod
Gladiator
Exodus

I consider a lot of these people above her, personally (even though she would give every Herald a fight and pull a lot of wins), so if this is true and these people are Mid Herald, she shouldn't be on anyone's list as the top mid Herald. magneto.........above beta and manunter?

carver9
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
magneto.........above beta and manunter?

I didn't rank them. I was just giving.off the people that are deemed as mid Heralds, even though Magneto would destroy MM.

iscaremonkeys
I didn't rank them. I was just giving.off the people that are deemed as mid Heralds, even though Magneto would destroy MM. o yea he would but Beta???? i gotta disagree on that

zopzop
Lol, you're proving my point. Like I said, ask around. Go solicit 10 other definitions, and have fun reconciling probably at least 5-6 incongruent ideas of what it should be.
This is comics my friend, not science. So nothing is going to be 100% exact. I was just giving you a general definition of how most people view the skyfather tier (ie > Trans but < High End Cosmic).

carver9
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
o yea he would but Beta???? i gotta disagree on that

I never said he could beat anyone on.the list even though I think he can beat a lot of them, including Beta.

iscaremonkeys
MAGNETO VS BETA AND MAG WINS? NOOO NO NO

Digi
This is comics my friend, not science. So nothing is going to be 100% exact. I was just giving you a general definition of how most people view the skyfather tier (ie > Trans but < High End Cosmic).

And like I said, it's not a terrible definition. But it's also not the definition, and many different ideas of it exist, along with some misconceptions about Trans. It makes most communication possible, but it makes the OPs question impossible to answer, because the lines are never 100% clear, but in this case they're nowhere near clear enough to answer reliably.

operator616
Playing with semantics here a bit. But in comic terms, a reality warper is generally someone who thinks something and the laws of reality conform to make it happen.

Sounds familiar. The renegade doctor says (The Authority v1 #20):

http://i.imgur.com/zbyHFzn.jpg?1

"all i have to do is draw a detailed mental picture, and reality builds it for me".

Whereas time and matter manip. are working with existing physical laws. The Doctor can shape reality to him whim, but he can't rewrite reality, which is what reality manip. commonly refers to. Forming a sandwich from stray atoms as opposed to having one pop into existence, violating laws of the universe and logic. Reality manip. is abstract in its truest sense, because it's the concept itself that makes it happen. The Doctor doesn't need to know the atomic structure or physical laws all the time (like Firestorm, for example), he can just think it. But the process of it, how it actually happens once he thinks it, is the same. Make sense?

Sounds familiar, as well:

http://i.imgur.com/VHO7iLU.jpg?1

"De-create the universe from the big bang to the end of time"

That said, like i mentioned before, it's the same thing. by "changing things" the Doctor can alter reality (which is what reality-warping translates to). He's also a magician keep that in mind. Because several comics say that magic is reality warping (of course, on various scales).

Also, the Doctor is capable of popping non-existent things into existence. Like Habib making Rose's tattoos real, in The Authority revolution #12:

http://i.imgur.com/9Ray9jS.jpg

(not to mention that he converted her from the spirit of death to the spirit of life)

That's some form of reality warping, not matter manipulation.

--------------------------------------------

Also, as i said, The Doctor has been referred to as a reality warper. Apart from the above example (where he was stated to be able to decreate the universe) we have Captain Atom: Armageddon #5, Angie regards the Doctor as having "reality-bending" powers:

http://i.imgur.com/rvEk038.jpg?1

Right from the beginning of the series, The Authority v1 #2, The Doctor is stated to be able to "re-mix reality":

http://i.imgur.com/OKVVGCc.jpg?1

So The Doctor is regarded as a reality warper. No doubt about it.

Overstated in that anyone who can dimensional BFR could replicate that feat, which includes numerous characters at well below Trans tier. As the feat is routinely used (i.e. "He made a BIG BANG!"wink, it implies he possesses vastly higher amounts of raw power than he actually does. It's not an impressive feat.

Except that it's much more than dimensional bfr. The Doctor was the one who caused the big bang, who else?

We see the big bang coming right from the suicide bomber, and directly after that, the Doctor outright states that he created a universe. So from what i can tell, everything points toward Jeroen creating a universe. And there's nothing even remotely hinting that he exploited some physical law, to achieve that.

It doesn't imply that he possesses vastly higher amounts of raw power than he actually does, because we've heard that he can recreate the universal big bang back in the 1st volume of The Authority (already posted the scan):

http://i.imgur.com/VHO7iLU.jpg?1

The Doctor holding his own against Jenny Quantum (who has extremely impressive feats, i could reference/post them if you want), is also another demonstration of the power-level he possesses.

Digi
While it will take me longer than I want to dig up scans, the crux of it is this: many of those scans have people stating things. Statements like the Renegade Doctor's are vague enough to be taken either way. My "compose a sandwich from stray atoms" works under his description, as does full reality warping. And the elder Doctor's statement is not backed up by any actual feat, and he also doesn't explain how the Doctor could do it. Reality manipulation need not be present, though...time and matter manip. would be sufficient, given a modicum of imagination.

But my argument for it not being reality manipulation is based on feats, where it is directly shown, and sometimes both shown and stated, that he's manipulating molecules and atoms, not rearranging physics. I made the full case at one point, but the scans will be a bother to dig up. It's not as simple as popping into the respect thread, because it's often a random scan or quote, not necessarily something that would be included in my primary collection. Give me the weekend; I may find them.

On the latter, the Big Bang energy was the suicide bomber. The Doctor merely put him into nothingness. Size being relative, especially in nothingness, any sizable trigger would likely have caused it.

operator616
But in Renegade Doctor's case, we saw that his thoughts were becoming reality. Remember that the main reason he was defeated was because his thought processes were disrupted. He even said that he "couldn't think of something horrible or picture one of his genocide fantasies":

http://i.imgur.com/rMEuqkn.jpg

Basically, he thinks of something, and it becomes reality. That's exactly what reality warping is, i don't think it's even debatable tbh. Jeroen didn't operate on that level consistently, yes. But he never really saw his full potential. He thought that when he gave the renegade Doctor his power, the worst he could do is destroy the Earth, while in fact, it was the whole universe. And he's stoned most of the time anyway (Authority v2 #0, just so that everyone could see for themselves):

http://i.imgur.com/aZxOG0g.jpg?1

It's definitely implied that the Doctor is too powerful of a teammate for the Authority, most of the time there are always plot excuses for him not saving the day on a whim. Quick examples come to mind; like when there were natural disasters i recall someone saying that the Doctor could fix it with a snap of his fingers if he was there (he was stoned there, at the time). Or in the John Clay instance, when he was away with his wife and in the end solved the whole problem by casually eating John despite the latter being empowered by most of humanity. Or Henry Bendix sending Habib and Jenny to the ends of the multiverse cause they could solo the field easily. Or Jackson mind-controlling Jenny to fight the Doctor because again, each is capable of soloing the field. And in the entire volume of Authority v4, the doctor was missing because he supposedly gone mad after Armageddon happened (although he did appear in an issue or two but he was severely altered). etc...i could give more examples but im sure you get the point.

On the suicide bomber part: Your claim is just a theory; nothing of the sort was mentioned, i honestly see all evidence poiting toward the Doctor creating it....but we'll agree to disagree on that one, i suppose.

Digi
But in Renegade Doctor's case, we saw that his thoughts were becoming reality. Remember that the main reason he was defeated was because his thought processes were disrupted. He even said that he "couldn't think of something horrible or picture one of his genocide fantasies":

http://i.imgur.com/rMEuqkn.jpg

Basically, he thinks of something, and it becomes reality. That's exactly what reality warping is, i don't think it's even debatable tbh. Jeroen didn't operate on that level consistently, yes. But he never really saw his full potential. He thought that when he gave the renegade Doctor his power, the worst he could do is destroy the Earth, while in fact, it was the whole universe. And he's stoned most of the time anyway (Authority v2 #0, just so that everyone could see for themselves):

http://i.imgur.com/aZxOG0g.jpg?1

It's definitely implied that the Doctor is too powerful of a teammate for the Authority, most of the time there are always plot excuses for him not saving the day on a whim. Quick examples come to mind; like when there were natural disasters i recall someone saying that the Doctor could fix it with a snap of his fingers if he was there (he was stoned there, at the time). Or in the John Clay instance, when he was away with his wife and in the end solved the whole problem by casually eating John despite the latter being empowered by most of humanity. Or Henry Bendix sending Habib and Jenny to the ends of the multiverse cause they could solo the field easily. Or Jackson mind-controlling Jenny to fight the Doctor because again, each is capable of soloing the field. And in the entire volume of Authority v4, the doctor was missing because he supposedly gone mad after Armageddon happened (although he did appear in an issue or two but he was severely altered). etc...i could give more examples but im sure you get the point.

Yes, thoughts trigger his powers. They respond to his thoughts. Doctor 101.

But most matter manipulation responds to thought as well. Is Pre-FP Firestorm a reality warper? The powers work the same, the Doctor's just have greater scope. Saying that disruption of thoughts means it's reality warping is still doing what you were doing earlier: taking something that has two equally likely interpretations and discounting one without reason.

There is at least one example I know offhand - it's one among the 3-4 scans I referred to earlier - where the Doctor and...Jack? Angie? Anyway, they get merged, and the Doctor can't fix it. He states that "it's so far below molecular that it will take him weeks to sort it out." If he was a reality warper, it wouldn't matter what level it existed on, he could think it back to normal. But because the tampering rivals his own powers in terms of subatomic complexity, he needs time. Matter manip, not reality manip. There are at least 2-3 other examples of this, but that's the most obvious and convenient.

The long diatribe on the Doctor being plot device-d out of the way also shows nothing. That would be true regardless of which one of us is right here. It's true that writers often need to eliminate him to make stories work, but that point is entirely tangential to our discussion.

On the suicide bomber part: Your claim is just a theory; nothing of the sort was mentioned, i honestly see all evidence poiting toward the Doctor creating it....but we'll agree to disagree on that one, i suppose.

This baffles me because it's all right there. Bomber exists, bomber gets dimension ported, bomber explodes, a big bang is created. What other interpretation is there? What do you see that leads you to believe the Doctor adds any additional energy to it?

Also, all our claims are theories. Some are just less ambiguous than others. Saying so is no more valid a criticism than when creationists naively level the same barb at evolution.

operator616
Yes, thoughts trigger his powers. They respond to his thoughts. Doctor 101.

But most matter manipulation responds to thought as well. Is Pre-FP Firestorm a reality warper? The powers work the same, the Doctor's just have greater scope. Saying that disruption of thoughts means it's reality warping is still doing what you were doing earlier: taking something that has two equally likely interpretations and discounting one without reason.

But Angie outright saying that he's a reality-bender, doesn't prove that he is, right (or several other statements)?

Or the elder Doctor saying that the RD could "de-create the universe" (which is directly in-line with what your definition of reality warping, is supposed to be), doesn't either. You ask how he would do it.....the only way to de-create the universe from the big bang to the end of time is to have control over time and space, which is warping reality. But then again.....high-level of matter + time manipulation could be seen as reality warping (because basically, no matter how complex the proccess is, one could achieve it with high level matter manipulation). Which is why it doesn't matter to me much.

Habib making Rose's tattoos real....is merely matter manipulation? I don't think so.

There is at least one example I know offhand - it's one among the 3-4 scans I referred to earlier - where the Doctor and...Jack? Angie? Anyway, they get merged, and the Doctor can't fix it. He states that "it's so far below molecular that it will take him weeks to sort it out." If he was a reality warper, it wouldn't matter what level it existed on, he could think it back to normal. But because the tampering rivals his own powers in terms of subatomic complexity, he needs time. Matter manip, not reality manip. There are at least 2-3 other examples of this, but that's the most obvious and convenient.

The long diatribe on the Doctor being plot device-d out of the way also shows nothing. That would be true regardless of which one of us is right here. It's true that writers often need to eliminate him to make stories work, but that point is entirely tangential to our discussion.

That's a solid point you have there. and the same thing goes to time manipulation btw; i recall instances where he had problems with it on a very limited scale too. Doesn't change the fact that the Doctor doesn't realize his potential for the most part. We saw his full potential in the Renegade Doctor story.

Jenny apparently needed a breathing apparatus to get into space (despite the fact that we saw her breathing just fine in earlier issues) and specifically kill a sun eater by frying it's veins or something (there are more examples, but the point is clear).....does that mean that Jenny is not a reality warper?

Shit like that happens in comics, and you know it.

My "long diatribe" is supposed to explain how the Doctor, despite being this powerful, doesn't just solve all of Authority's problems. Pretty sure you know this, but just explaining it for anyone who was wondering.

What do you see that leads you to believe the Doctor adds any additional energy to it?

...Because he outright said "i just created a universe", maybe?

If the energy didn't come from him then why the hell would he claim that he created a universe?

And a big bang energy doesn't just come out of nowhere, the only possible explanation is that it came from the Doctor.

JuggernautMania
Lol...that was more than a planetary showing.

Here is the scene and lol at you saying anything about context.

wtf is that suppose to be? hulk being contained in some force field? and? you got to be shitting me. you got to be a troll.

carver9
wtf is that suppose to be? hulk being contained in some force field? and? you got to be shitting me. you got to be a troll.

Read the scan. Lol at YOU call me a troll.

Digi
V0kzlBqsF2U

Relevant twice in the same thread. Who woulda thunk?! Carver, Juggs, play nice.

But Angie outright saying that he's a reality-bender, doesn't prove that he is, right (or several other statements)?

And Angie is privy to the inner workings of his powers?

Or the elder Doctor saying that the RD could "de-create the universe" (which is directly in-line with what your definition of reality warping, is supposed to be), doesn't either. You ask how he would do it.....the only way to de-create the universe from the big bang to the end of time is to have control over time and space, which is warping reality.

You lack imagination. Maybe he just goes back to the creation point and, I dunno, stops the terrorist bomber from exploding. I jest, but only partially. Reality manip. isn't needed for this. There are 100 ways to do it with his power set that don't involve rewriting universal laws.

But then again.....high-level of matter + time manipulation could be seen as reality warping (because basically, no matter how complex the proccess is, one could achieve it with high level matter manipulation). Which is why it doesn't matter to me much.

This is a great point. The line is absolutely blurry; on that we're agreed. But it still isn't reality manipulation in the same way that, say, toon powers are, which is why I think you're not quite grasping what I mean when I make a distinction.

That's a solid point you have there. and the same thing goes to time manipulation btw; i recall instances where he had problems with it on a very limited scale too. Doesn't change the fact that the Doctor doesn't realize his potential for the most part. We saw his full potential in the Renegade Doctor story.

Potential doesn't address how his powers work. Whether or not his potential is greater, it's potential with the same power set. And examples like the one I gave, and the time one you mentioned, are arguments in my favor.

Jenny apparently needed a breathing apparatus to get into space (despite the fact that we saw her breathing just fine in earlier issues) and specifically kill a sun eater by frying it's veins or something (there are more examples, but the point is clear).....does that mean that Jenny is not a reality warper?

Jenny Sparks? She's the one that vein-fried the elder god thing. She's arguably not even herald level, and obviously not a reality warper. Am I missing something here?

My "long diatribe" is supposed to explain how the Doctor, despite being this powerful, doesn't just solve all of Authority's problems. Pretty sure you know this, but just explaining it for anyone who was wondering.

Ok, cool. I think we're the only two that care about our conversation here though. It's long and complicated enough; no need to delve down other rabbit holes.

...Because he outright said "i just created a universe", maybe?

If the energy didn't come from him then why the hell would he claim that he created a universe?

And a big bang energy doesn't just come out of nowhere, the only possible explanation is that it came from the Doctor.

"I just created a universe" is more poetic than "I just teleported a walking bomb to an unborn dimension that allowed his bomb to trigger a big bang and create a universe." Artistic license. Again, there's no other explanation for this based on what we see on panel.

Do you literally think the Doctor added energy, when we KNOW he ported a bomb there? Where does it say that or show it? Why create something that isn't shown when everything necessary for the feat is already there?

I think maybe the disconnect lies in the idea that a bomb isn't the same level of energy as our Big Bang...is that it? It's nothingness, so size is relative. That random bomb could have been the strength of a million of our Big Bangs, relative to the universe it creates. As such, as ever, it's a dimensional BFR feat and nothing else.

Digi
There's some irony here, at least, and it's not lost on me. I've spent the better part of a decade being the one talking up the Authority, and no one more so than the Doctor. Even with other fan crushes - like Spidey - there's enough general knowledge that I've never really been needed to clarify, disambiguate, or rep him.

That the roles are reversed here is an odd pleasure, because it's a reminder that I don't back my favorites on principle alone. And it's honestly interesting to hear a different take on characters that, for years, no one would challenge me on. It's like if an Alpha Flight expert showed up to tell Mungi he's been selling them short all these years.

And for the record, I ate crow on the last Authority disagreement operator and I had, concerning a specific feat by Jenny Q. Which was also fun. I see less compelling evidence this time to change my mind, but I'm not beyond altering my views on the characters.

operator616

Jenny Sparks? She's the one that vein-fried the elder god thing. She's arguably not even herald level, and obviously not a reality warper. Am I missing something here?

No, not Sparks, i was referring to Jenny Quantum the reality warper (although i can understand the confusion; Jenny Sparks did vein-fry "God", but what i was referring to, was another instance regarding Quantum)

From DC/WS: Dreamwar #6:

http://i.imgur.com/IwcIfbb.jpg

(there are other examples, of course; the entirety of The Authority: Lost Year is a perfect example)

-------------------------------------

I just wanted to clarify this part. I disagree with some parts of your post, but i think we both said what we wanted to say, and ill leave at that.

Digi
Ok, so what you're saying is that there are incongruent examples of her powers. But it doesn't invalidate her as a reality warper. It's a decent point.

What I think we're headed for here is an impasse. Because we know the line is blurry, and we know writers like to throw around the language you've been linking to. But there also exist contradictory examples like the one I mentioned (among a few others). I can't tell you for certain that everything he's ever done doesn't require reality manipulation powers. I do think it's possible that matter and time manip. alone could do everything he's done. And I do think there's a level of conceptual reality manipulation that he very much doesn't possess (see my earlier mention of toon powers for the most obvious example of reality manipulation that would trump his own, but various others in comicdom possess the same level of reality manip. that enters into conceptual, abstract territory).

The Doctor is bound to the Earth as its Shaman and bound by physical laws. All magic is change...that's what he says, right? He's just changing things. Molecular, atomic, subatomic, time, etc. It doesn't matter. He's not violating any of those things as a reality manipulator could, just rearranging them and manipulating them.

But in terms of proof, you're saying my examples aren't enough to prove the point, and I'm saying yours are speculative, based on ambiguous statements instead of feats. I haven't seen either of us budge much, so I'll be happy with the "agree to disagree" cliche.

But not on the universe creation. There, I'm much more convinced you're wrong. Sorry. wink

TheLordofMurder
I made a thread that touched on this very topic some time ago; I just might bump it...

@zopzop

We see eye to eye as concerns the Skyfather tier; just like you, I think Marvel did an excellent defining precisely what it is...

Ranking characters above and below Skyfather (Trans or Elder God) seems pretty straight foward to us as a result...

@Digi

Yes, there is always going to be some disagreement as to what a given character might tier, but I am betting that more peeps would agree with zopzop and myself as pertains what characters are Skyfather and which are not...

Digi
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@Digi

Yes, there is always going to be some disagreement as to what a given character might tier, but I am betting that more peeps would agree with zopzop and myself as pertains what characters are Skyfather and which are not...

It would definitely be possible to standardize it. It's just, to this point, we haven't done so. There would also need to be some disambiguation with the KMC tiers as they exist. Like I mentioned earlier, nearly any definition that could be agreed upon for Skyfather Tier would overlap somewhat with our current Trans., so it's not a one-step process.

As it is, I think the concept of tiers are hilariously overused on this board. Outside a common language to refer to general power levels (which, granted, does make communication easier), it does far more harm than good. When we used to have regular tourneys, they served a practical function. Now they're just fuel for arbitrary disagreement.

JuggernautMania
Read the scan. Lol at YOU call me a troll.

hyperbole statements every have them. kal kent on panel did the things he did.
in my country people like you are called "EL TROLLO".

JuggernautMania
Physically hulk is the strongest herald there is. he is stronger than any high herald. however once he get to the tran tier, thanos and darkseid will pimp slap him left and right.

celeyhyga17
*adds diatribe to his vocabulary* - thank you...

Phukkin Digi and his spelling bee words..

I am entertained!

Digi
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
*adds diatribe to his vocabulary* - thank you...

Phukkin Digi and his spelling bee words..

I am entertained!

Lol, I'm flattered. That English degree finally paying off...

Uriel005
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Inept
Gwen Stacey
Aunt May

Street
Alfred Pennyworth
Kingpin

Low Meta
Captain America
Spiderman

High Meta
Storm
Giantman

Low Herald
Nova
Namor

Mid Herald
SuperSkrull
Wonder Woman

High Herald
Gladiator
Blue Marvel

Trans
Ultron
GA SMP

Skyfather
Serpent
Shuma Gorath

Abstracts
Galactus
Kirby / Toaa / Presence

So Superman prime Guardian amp... the guy who beat Monarch and Mxy, and unamped on the average so long as he isn't fighting plot armored Connor can bust through Sodom Yat Ion after going through the entire hero roster available to fight him at night when he was at his weakest is only in trans tier. KK.. I might hate the character and he has some piss poor showings but come on. I don't put Thanos on street tier for these

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/thanosofftojail.JPG

http://modern-myths.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Squirrel-vs-Thanos.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.