My opinion on Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Hey there guys my names is Fated Xtasy(as shown above) hope your all doing well, I'm fine by the way. So im a very new member here, I just joined yesterday so apologies to any pain/headaches I might cause here. On to the main topic,

Im a huge Kotor/Revan fan, I enjoyed both games very much and I consider it a great era/time in the expanded universe. I consider revan to be the strongest Jedi of his time(excluding meetra surik) and one of the strongest Jedi/Sith of all time, while he remains a almost(if not a complete) unknown, I feel he is on very same level as Obi-wan, Shaak ti, Mace Windu and Dooku. Now, that's not to say I think he's as strong or stronger than both Yoda or Sidieus(before or after he transfered his 'essence' to a clone) Now before you flame I wanna state that my opinion on revan being stronger(if not on the same level) as obi-wan and company. Is based purely on speculation and observations I've made(no fandom) and of course Canon, please refrain yourselves from making offensive remarks, remember this MY opinion not yours.
I would like to hear your opinions(preferably in detail) so please don't hold back(just keep it civil) smile

Stealth Moose
Pretty sure Revan could murder Obi-Wan with relative ease.

But it depends on who is writing him. If it's Drew K., he struggles at first, but outsmarts Obi or uses an Ass Pull.

If it's written by Chris Avellone, Revan is like Batman with prep, outduels him anyways, and then makes Obi his biggest fanboy.

If he's written by the TOR staff, he's nuts and hates red people.

S_W_LeGenD
Revan is canonically among the most powerful Jedi in galactic history. Canonically, he is above legends such as Meetra Surik, Ulic Qel-Droma, Odan-Urr, Nomi Sunrider and Vandar Tokare.

He is most likely above Obi-Wan, Shaak Ti, Count Dooku and even Mace Windu, IMO.

You can learn a lot about Revan from this thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t587917.html

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I feel he is on very same level as Obi-wan, Shaak ti, Mace Windu and Dooku. Now, that's not to say I think he's as strong or stronger than both Yoda or Sidieus

I've always put Revan somewhere between Mace/Dooku and Yoda/Sidious.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Revan is canonically among the most powerful Jedi in galactic history. Canonically, he is above legends such as Meetra Surik, Ulic Qel-Droma, Odan-Urr, Nomi Sunrider and Vandar Tokare.

He is most likely above Obi-Wan, Shaak Ti, Count Dooku and even Mace Windu, IMO.

You can learn a lot about Revan from this thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t587917.html

I always wish we could have seen Vandar in action. He apparently fought via leviation and spinning his twin shotos around.

DarthAnt66
Or preferably this one:
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revan-respect-thread/95278/
It's more expanded and up to date then the one I did on KMC. I just added several new accoaldes I found, such as ..."the tremendous dark side power wielded by Revan..."

Fated Xtasy
well i dont think revan 'murders' anyone especially Obi-Wan, i mean he is far more experienced in lightsaber combat and war than any other jedi during the clone wars(IMO) Jedi fighting other jedi during TOR era was common(so where blasters) so it is my belief that jedi during the TOR era were far more skilled in lightsaber combat than their PT trilogy counter-parts and i mean Palpatine took done 3 of the most renowned(i believe) jedi masters with relative easy, meanwhile Meetra Surik took down the entire Sith triumvirate in lightsaber combat(granted she was technically a force vampire) i dont know what do you guys think. if i can be honest i feel like im contradicting my self lol

juyomaster34
First of all....welcome to the SW (LEU)...I agree with your opinion...Revan is Powerful....
but I disagree w/you about Obi being more experienced with LSC and war.....than Revan...

Revan has him beat 3 to zero...we all have our opinions....and I respect yours..too..
and again welcome to SW (LEU)...

DarthAnt66
I found a new (well quite old) accolade on Revan I want to share:

"It is the way of the Echani to be able to read their opponents - to know where an opponent is going to strike before it connects, anticipate it, and then strike against them. Echani battles are fought several minutes in advance - in many ways, it is much like the game of dejarik played in the core systems. The most advanced among the Echani are able to predict the course of battles by months, and the most revered are said to be able to predict the path of wars. Only Revan ever demonstrated such a skill in war. And even as he slaughtered us, the Echani still respected him."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.