Thor vs Wonder Woman & Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Diana gets a shield, sword & her lasso
Arthur gets his Trident

Thor gets Mjoinir

No energy projection

Who wins

Round 2 Thor gets Belt of Strength

carver9
This isn't fair at all.

pym-ftw
Ok?...

deathslash
What did Thor do to you to make you hate him so much!?

Golgo13
Team 10/10.

pym-ftw
Even with the Belt of Strength?

deathslash
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Even with the Belt of Strength? even with the belt of strength.

guy222
Poor Odinson

celeyhyga17
Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Did I miss some recent feats or something?

When did Aquaman become powerful enough to make any difference in a fight with Thor?

The DCnU version is physically more impressive and can hit harder with his trident but at the same time, Wonder Woman is in absolutely no position to face Thor almost solo. How are they winning much less stomping?

Aquaman is more impressive in his own book now but in Thor's own book, Aquaman is the equivalent of a random mook he stomps in terms of power.

Pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman could take like 4/10 against Thor but if he's telepathy isn't working, Aquaman's even more useless in this fight so why doesn't Thor still win the majority, except with a bit more effort to one piece Arthur?

If Thor has the belt of strength, I'm not sure how this exactly he doesn't one-shot either of the versions (Except Pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman depending on the day)?

DarkSaint85
Round 1: Team.
Round 2: Edge towards team, but its closer.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

Supermutant
Team

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Supermutant
Team
Team of Thor and Mjolnir.

carver9
Which version of Aquaman and Diana are being used here.?

God Cloth Seiya
Team wins.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by carver9
Which version of Aquaman and Diana are being used here.? current

carver9
Well, Thor wins after a good fight. Don't know what Diana equipment does for her but looking at Thor current fts, stabbing him does next to nothing. I also don't think they can handle a hit from Thor with this type of strength. One hit should take out either, it would probably kill them.

DarkSaint85
Wouldn't the lasso compel him to obey her?

God Cloth Seiya
And wouldn't the sword cut him like butter?

zopzop
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Enters Valhalla and RIP.

Team 2 ftw.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wouldn't the lasso compel him to obey her?

Pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman's lasso might win it for them. Thor still beats Diana 7/10 imo. Aquaman gets two pieced maybe so I'm not sure what he can do.

Current Wonder Woman's lasso doesn't work that way however.

Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
And wouldn't the sword cut him like butter?

It should be able to cut him, yes but its not going to give them the win. Thor has crazy piercing damage soak (And durability, he palmed Malekith's sword) under Aaron and still has Mjonir. He's also no stranger to fighting people with swords.

Although seeing as how Katana shattered her sword IIRC, Mjolnir probably shatters it.

Originally posted by zopzop
Enters Valhalla and RIP.

Team 2 ftw.

Thor would beat current Wonder Woman like 9/10 and pre-flashpoint Wonder Woman about 7/10.

I fail to see how adding Aquaman in either scenario allows them the win against regular Thor, much less when his strength is DOUBLED.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman's lasso might win it for them. Thor still beats Diana 7/10 imo. Aquaman gets two pieced maybe so I'm not sure what he can do.

Current Wonder Woman's lasso doesn't work that way however.

It should be able to cut him, yes but its not going to give them the win. Thor has crazy piercing damage soak (And durability, he palmed Malekith's sword) under Aaron and still has Mjonir. He's also no stranger to fighting people with swords.

Although seeing as how Katana shattered her sword IIRC, Mjolnir probably shatters it.

Thor would beat current Wonder Woman like 9/10 and pre-flashpoint Wonder Woman about 7/10.

I fail to see how adding Aquaman in either scenario allows them the win against regular Thor, much less when his strength is DOUBLED.

What do you mean, it no longer works like that?

Rage.Of.Olympus
What do you mean, it no longer works like that?

Putting the lasso around someone doesn't mean that he becomes compelled to obey her or something and surrender. The only thing I've seen under writers is her get the truth out of it. Otherwise it seems to be just a durable rope unless I've missed something.

Sin I AM
Lotta low balling going on here

carver9
Plus, people have broken out of the lasso recently. People under the strength Thor is operating at in this thread.

DarkSaint85
Putting the lasso around someone doesn't mean that he becomes compelled to obey her or something and surrender. The only thing I've seen under writers is her get the truth out of it. Otherwise it seems to be just a durable rope unless I've missed something.

True. I thought it DID compel others to obey her, but maybe only to tell the truth?

Haven't seen anything so far to suggest ALL commands have to be obeyed, only commands to tell the truth, so you might be right.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3241362-20.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3241400-justice+league+dark+%282011-%29+022-014.jpg

It also catches intangible beings (Pandora), btw.

Supermutant

Gets owned hard by Diana and Arthur. See we agree. wink

DarkSaint85
Actually, it DOES compel people to obey her:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3244095-s20-1.jpg

celeyhyga17

Still.
Highly doubtful it would compel someone like Thor to just surrender.

DarkSaint85
Still.
Highly doubtful it would compel someone like Thor to just surrender.

It compelled Phantom Stranger to obey her, and it compelled Hephaestus, a god as well, to obey her....

Rage.Of.Olympus
True. I thought it DID compel others to obey her, but maybe only to tell the truth?

Haven't seen anything so far to suggest ALL commands have to be obeyed, only commands to tell the truth, so you might be right.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3241362-20.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3241400-justice+league+dark+%282011-%29+022-014.jpg

It also catches intangible beings (Pandora), btw.

I've seen it used on Cheetah, Supergirl, Superman, Darkseid, Aquaman etc. in none of those fights did it somehow compel the opponents to submit or something.

Okay?

Rage.Of.Olympus
It compelled Phantom Stranger to obey her, and it compelled Hephaestus, a god as well, to obey her....

Wait, it compelled them to OBEY her or tell the truth?

Do you have scans of this?

I don't understand what that is suppose to prove? It allowed her to pull out Hector Hammond from his subconscious which I guess is a logical aspect of truth but how is that evidence of obedience?

Did she force Hector to leave Superman's mind?

DarkSaint85
Wait, it compelled them to OBEY her or tell the truth?

Do you have scans of this?

I don't understand what that is suppose to prove? It allowed her to pull out Hector Hammond from his subconscious which I guess is a logical aspect of truth but how is that evidence of obedience?

She specifically said she was going to compel Hammond. He then came out and revealed himself, against his will (pried out from his fortifications).

I then mentioned PS and Heph to celeg, because he was pointing out that Thor may be above her pay grade to just submit.

Ultimately, I was making two points:

1. It has the ability to compel others to submit to her wishes against their will (Hammond).

2. Power-wise, it has affected gods and PS.

Rage.Of.Olympus
She specifically said she was going to compel Hammond. He then came out and revealed himself, against his will (pried out from his fortifications).

Which would be relevant if Thor was possessed or something but how does that make any difference in a fight?

That's a logical extension of truth. There's a difference between that and compelling Thor to obey her for the win or something. Especially since it's proved to be unable to just do that in a bunch of fights now.

I then mentioned PS and Heph to celeg, because he was pointing out that Thor may be above her pay grade to just submit.

Ultimately, I was making two points:

1. It has the ability to compel others to submit to her wishes against their will (Hammond).

2. Power-wise, it has affected gods and PS.

1. What does submit to her wishes mean? There's a difference between revelation and subjugation.

You seem to be suggesting simply getting the lasso around Thor will allow her to just force him to do anything she wants or something. What is your evidence of that?

2. Which is not a crazy assumption as it was suggested it would not be as effective against Superman due to his Kryptonian nature being so tough or whatever. And Hephasteus is no Thor. Phantom Stranger sure, although even in his case it's an assumption that his power directly transfers over to exotic resistance but he's supposed to be above Heralds in implication. But basically like the old lasso, it's a coin flip whether it works or fails it seems.

DarkSaint85
Which would be relevant if Thor was possessed or something but how does that make any difference in a fight?

That's a logical extension of truth. There's a difference between that and compelling Thor to obey her for the win or something. Especially since it's proved to be unable to just do that in a bunch of fights now.

1. What does submit to her wishes mean? There's a difference between revelation and subjugation.

You seem to be suggesting simply getting the lasso around Thor will allow her to just force him to do anything she wants or something. What is your evidence of that?

2. Which is not a crazy assumption as it was suggested it would not be as effective against Superman due to his Kryptonian nature being so tough or whatever. And Hephasteus is no Thor. Phantom Stranger sure, although even in his case it's an assumption that his power directly transfers over to exotic resistance but he's supposed to be above Heralds in implication. But basically like the old lasso, it's a coin flip whether it works or fails it seems.

1. She wished Hammond to come out, Hammond didn't want to, but he came out anyway.

2. True, he's not Thor, but I've not seen anyone resist it before (I may have missed something, as I obv forgot about the Hammond incident). And as for the Kryptonian resistance, that may have just been WW not knowing, rather than it actually having a limited effect (it obv worked how they wanted it to).

Take your point on whether it works or fails. I will point out that its magic nature would account for some of that, if you phrase your commands wrong, maybe? I haven't seen it 'fail' as such, however.

carver9
Sitting back eating popcorn. Please continue.

DarkSaint85
I still await you in the IF/BP thread, carver.

bluewaterrider

... whether it works or fails ...
I will point out that its magic nature would account for some of that ...
if you phrase your commands wrong, maybe ... ?

confused

Am I really about to support an argument made by Dark Saint?

But it's true ... unless I'm misunderstanding DS ... when going against people whose spoken word carries magic power like storm-summoning etcetera,
even though they be comicbook gods, the lasso can make a properly asked question equal virtually instant victory.

Green Arrow resourcefully used precisely this ploy to defeat Captain Marvel in JLA/JSA Vice and Virtue.

Note that the lasso itself here did not, though it did with Hammond, directly free Marvel from possession.

Green Arrow's cleverly asked question, however ...

Stoic
I agree with DarkSaint to an extent. The lasso may not be an option if Thor hits first. Since we all know that Thor isn't a moron like Grundy, his first target would be Diana, and he would likely isolate her and finish this as quickly as possible, and then turn to Arthur, and KO him for the win, but that is if the lasso doesn't get him first. This could go either way. I see Thor winning with the belt more so than I see him without it, because Diana would be tough for a normal Thor to put down before Arthur got involved.

celeyhyga17
Do u have scans of the one with Phantom Stranger? And what did she do to Heph?

All I remember was her tying him up in his sleep and explaining to him how the lasso compels others to speak the truth..

Stoic
Do u have scans of the one with Phantom Stranger? And what did she do to Heph?

All I remember was her tying him up in his sleep and explaining to him how the lasso compels others to speak the truth..

She explained this to Heph? Wasn't he the one that created the lasso? I'm not understanding this?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Stoic
She explained this to Heph? Wasn't he the one that created the lasso? I'm not understanding this?
I'm sure he knew.. It was a continuation of their earlier encounter. They were having philosophical differences in regards to how she uses the lasso as a weapon.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Stoic

She explained this to Heph?
Wasn't he the one that created the lasso?
I'm not understanding this?

The simple fact that he created it does not give Hephaestus power over the lasso, anymore than a swordsmith would be protected from his own blade in a fight were it to be used against him.

Heph and Diana were arguing over Heph's use of slave labor to man his ironworks and blacksmithing forge.
In actuality, the "slaves" Heph was keeping were the disgarded male Amazon children, throwaways who would only have been killed had Heph not bartered for their lives secretly with their Amazon mothers for goods.

Diana, of course, had some learning to do ...

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
The simple fact that he created it does not give Hephaestus power over the lasso, anymore than a swordsmith would be protected from his own blade in a fight were it to be used against him.

Heph and Diana were arguing over Heph's use of slave labor to man his ironworks and blacksmithing forge.
In actuality, the "slaves" Heph was keeping were the disgarded male Amazon children, throwaways who would only have been killed had Heph not bartered for their lives secretly with their Amazon mothers for goods.

Diana, of course, had some learning to do ...
There ya go..

Oh and I think Darksaint may have been referring to her lassoing PS and Heph during Trinity War. However both times all she was doing was seeking a truthful answer from them and not really compelling them to "obey" her...

He made it seem like they were outright being subjugated by her..

DarkSaint85
No no, sorry if I misled. Wasn't on purpose.

I meant that A: she used it for more than asking questions (against Hammond), then celeg said it probably wouldn't work on Thor.

Admittedly I have zero scans of her using it the way she did against Hammond on a powerful god, hence my use of scans of PS and Heph, where they were unable to resist telling the truth despite being 1. A god and 2. The PS

celeyhyga17
No no, sorry if I misled. Wasn't on purpose.

I meant that A: she used it for more than asking questions (against Hammond), then celeg said it probably wouldn't work on Thor.

Admittedly I have zero scans of her using it the way she did against Hammond on a powerful god, hence my use of scans of PS and Heph, where they were unable to resist telling the truth despite being 1. A god and 2. The PS
Lola whoops. I was going to edit my post.. Didn't mean it to come off sounding so accusatory..

stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
You besmirched my good name, knave!

celeyhyga17
You besmirched my good name, knave!
http://static.tumblr.com/ooicj30/I9Fltwzyw/graceful_bow.gif

The Sorrow
1. Team
2. Thor

abhilegend
Did I miss some recent feats or something?

When did Aquaman become powerful enough to make any difference in a fight with Thor?

The DCnU version is physically more impressive and can hit harder with his trident but at the same time, Wonder Woman is in absolutely no position to face Thor almost solo. How are they winning much less stomping?

Aquaman is more impressive in his own book now but in Thor's own book, Aquaman is the equivalent of a random mook he stomps in terms of power.

Pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman could take like 4/10 against Thor but if he's telepathy isn't working, Aquaman's even more useless in this fight so why doesn't Thor still win the majority, except with a bit more effort to one piece Arthur?

If Thor has the belt of strength, I'm not sure how this exactly he doesn't one-shot either of the versions (Except Pre-Flashpoint Wonder Woman depending on the day)?
facepalm

Seriously?Originally posted by carver9
Well, Thor wins after a good fight. Don't know what Diana equipment does for her but looking at Thor current fts, stabbing him does next to nothing. I also don't think they can handle a hit from Thor with this type of strength. One hit should take out either, it would probably kill them.
Really?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AstonishingX-Men064-021_zpsd44568bb.jpg

mmm

h1a8
WW alone could beat Thor.
she can slice his head off, a limb, stab him in the throat, lasso him, etc.
She has a shield to block any attack.
She can lasso him ftw
She can combo him with an array of attacks
Superman is more than two times stronger than Thor and he isn't going to one shot Diana

This thread is spite.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/AstonishingX-Men064-021_zpsd44568bb.jpg
mmm
What's that supposed to prove? Is that it? That's all you have? Shortly after we see Thor down her with a lightning strike with the ice spear still attached to him? In fact he broke the piece protruding from his front side and was holding it in his right hand...

His damage soak from stabbing/cutting is pretty much legendary. You literally have to cut Thor into pieces to stop him with these types of weapons.

Keeps fighting after getting sliced by a firesword.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHrinmeer03.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHrinmeer04.jpg

Gets sliced again this time from behind, continues fighting, and only goes down because the blade was poisoned.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHrinmeer10.jpg

Tanks a slice from Perrikus's scythe that later cut Mjolnir in half. Also tanks a barrage of darts from the scythe as well and keeps on trucking.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsPerrikus02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsPerrikus03.jpg

Hey Abhi.. I think you'll like this one.. Gets stabbed in the back by Valkyrie, but powers through like a true like a thunder god!
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16188161/Thor_Man_of_War_01_Zone-Megan_pg06.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16188162/Thor_Man_of_War_01_Zone-Megan_pg07-08.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16188163/Thor_Man_of_War_01_Zone-Megan_pg09.jpg.

What does getting cleaved with Jarnbjorn by Apoc do to a young thunder god? Absolutely nothing!
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/thorvsapoc09_zps52037f0c.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/thorvsapoc010_zps75f1da99.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/thorvsapoc011_zps4eec988a.jpg

Branlor Swift
Yeah but I read the threads where Wolverine would beat Thor, so it can't be that good

abhilegend
What's that supposed to prove? Is that it? That's all you have? Shortly after we see Thor down her with a lightning strike with the ice spear still attached to him? In fact he broke the piece protruding from his front side and was holding it in his right hand...

His damage soak from stabbing/cutting is pretty much legendary. You literally have to cut Thor into pieces to stop him with these types of weapons.

Keeps fighting after getting sliced by a firesword.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHrinmeer03.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHrinmeer04.jpg

Gets sliced again this time from behind, continues fighting, and only goes down because the blade was poisoned.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHrinmeer10.jpg

Tanks a slice from Perrikus's scythe that later cut Mjolnir in half. Also tanks a barrage of darts from the scythe as well and keeps on trucking.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsPerrikus02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsPerrikus03.jpg

Hey Abhi.. I think you'll like this one.. Gets stabbed in the back by Valkyrie, but powers through like a true like a thunder god!
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16188161/Thor_Man_of_War_01_Zone-Megan_pg06.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16188162/Thor_Man_of_War_01_Zone-Megan_pg07-08.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16188163/Thor_Man_of_War_01_Zone-Megan_pg09.jpg.

What does getting cleaved with Jarnbjorn by Apoc do to a young thunder god? Absolutely nothing!
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/thorvsapoc09_zps52037f0c.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/thorvsapoc010_zps75f1da99.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/thorvsapoc011_zps4eec988a.jpg
Did I say anything about a little bit of cutting stopping Thor? I was just musing at carver's response that cutting Thor doesn't affects him at all.

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
WW alone could beat Thor.
she can slice his head off, a limb, stab him in the throat, lasso him, etc.
She has a shield to block any attack.
She can lasso him ftw
She can combo him with an array of attacks
Superman is more than two times stronger than Thor and he isn't going to one shot Diana

This thread is spite.

Shut up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.