Batman vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkRaiden
Who wins, the Billionaire Bat who's a natural genius or the diligent Super Soldier who works hard for everything?

Argument for Bats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA-S02sK_0s

Argument for Cap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87GbIGuXIpg&feature=youtu.be

So who you got, and did the video analysis change your mind at all?

Round 1: Morals On, In character, etc.

Round 2: Morals Off, Bloodlusted, to the death.

pym-ftw
Steve especially now.

h1a8
Batman will always win because of those gadgets. Just too unfair.

In h2h Steve will win more times than not though.

Silent Master
Cap wins.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Cap wins. not with batman's gadgets. Too unfair. Bats wins 10/10.

quanchi112
Cap, 10/10.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Cap, 10/10. batman can end of fight quickly with many of his gadgets. Knock out gas is just one.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
not with batman's gadgets. Too unfair. Bats wins 10/10.

Lol!!!

Magic Joe
batman can end of fight quickly with many of his gadgets. Knock out gas is just one.

Steve can end it too with a shield toss.

Just saying. erm

DTM
Ill always go for Cap for the majority over Batman, but Batman will make him work for every win, and take some wins in the end himself.

h1a8
Originally posted by DTM
Ill always go for Cap for the majority over Batman, but Batman will make him work for every win, and take some wins in the end himself.
This fight is different than h2h. Batman has hax gadgets that cheats.

Originally posted by Magic Joe
Steve can end it too with a shield toss.

Just saying. erm batman can easily dodge or catch it or deflect it.

Magic Joe

batman can easily dodge or catch it or deflect it.

no expression

deathslash
batman can easily dodge or catch it or deflect it. hysterical

Dream Stuff
Batman wins 7/10 thanks to mad gadgets.

deathlife
Captain America 7 out of 10 times.

golem370
The video said the shield went through a truck easily no way Batman would catch it and if he did he would have wished he didn't.

SasuOna
I see a lot of crazy feats in these videos but on average I'd take Batman due to versatility and skill

golem370
I take Cap Stronger way better defense healing and stamina

Odekahn
Originally posted by deathlife
Captain America 7 out of 10 times.

More like 6/10 imo but I agree.

DarkRaiden
The winner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vjp0b92HQk&feature=youtu.be

You think the video's right? Does it change your mind? Is it bias?

Though...nvm no spoilers.

StiltmanFTW

batman can easily dodge or catch it or deflect it.

Yes, you're right.

Wayne's standard equipment is way more formidable than Cap's.

And Cap's shield was caught/blocked/deflected/avoided before.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yes, you're right.

Wayne's standard equipment is way more formidable than Cap's.

And Cap's shield was caught/blocked/deflected/avoided before.

STANDARD equip:

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Insider_Suit

sneer

YFZ 350
Not sure on this one.

ShadowFyre
I think this is one of the hardest fights to judge since both of these characters are portrayed so horribly in battles.

namorsubby
If Batman throws gas pellets down....what does Cap do? Suffocate....that's what.

Daredevil1
Seriously I don't even think Batman without plot devices can even win one now a days.

Maybe against Deathstroke sure.

(Namorsubby mode above).

hehehehe

abhilegend
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Seriously I don't even think Batman without plot devices can even win one now a days.

Maybe against Deathstroke sure.

(Namorsubby mode above).

hehehehe
Tell me you don't seriously believe that man.

Daredevil1
The above was my Namorsubby mode. Match his silly logic.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Daredevil1
The above was my Namorsubby mode. Match his silly logic.
laughing out loud

You are seriously twisted.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
The winner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vjp0b92HQk&feature=youtu.be

You think the video's right? Does it change your mind? Is it bias?

Though...nvm no spoilers.

I wouldn't call it bias but I do disagree.

Anyway, I'd say Cap wins this. Firstly the people who keep going on about gadgets are forgetting that Cap has trounced plenty of guys with fancy toys before.

Besides, Batman had it easy. He didn't earn anything, the only reason he can do anything is because he had a rich daddy, a huge inheritance and a big company to make cool toys.

Steve Rogers was a dirt poor kid from the mean streets and he still made something of himself. That's why he will always be stronger than some spoiled little rich boy.

SamZED
Lets not get into characters backgrounds as if it means anything, it doesnt. We've got feats, thats more important than "who got it easy". Also Batman actually had to train to get where he is and he didnt get any serums to make him superhuman by default regardless of the training.

StiltmanFTW
But Bruce's body wasn't frail to begin with.

JayDaDon
And lets face it, bruce is a natural born prodigy.

juggernaut74
Everything special about Cap came out of a bottle!

chilled monkey
Originally posted by SamZED
Lets not get into characters backgrounds as if it means anything, it doesnt.

I know. I just needed to rant a bit.

Originally posted by SamZED
We've got feats, thats more important than "who got it easy". Also Batman actually had to train to get where he is and he didnt get any serums to make him superhuman by default regardless of the training.

It's easy to get training when you have unlimited money to go to all the really great gyms, buy the best equipment, travel the world and track down zen masters to teach you uber fighting skills etc.

Sorry.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Everything special about Cap came out of a bottle!

Which is a loud of honk said by another spoiled little rich boy. What makes Cap special is his spirit, and that didn't come out of any bottle.

Anyway I'll stop now.

In all seriousness I do think Cap wins this. He has the physical edge, is just as skilled, maybe better, and he can handle guys with gadgets.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
But Bruce's body wasn't frail to begin with.

Sure, he still had to work to hone it.

Saying Bruce was handed anything because he was born luckier then some is about as dumb as saying Cap was handed success in a bottle. The fact is, both guys were given opportunities, but both worked hard to make the most of them. The SSS alone doesn't make Cap a hero anymore then money makes Bats one.

The same way Supermans an inspiration not because of what he can do better then other people, but because of what he chooses to do with his gifts.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by cdtm
Sure, he still had to work to hone it.

Saying Bruce was handed anything because he was born luckier then some is about as dumb as saying Cap was handed success in a bottle. The fact is, both guys were given opportunities, but both worked hard to make the most of them. The SSS alone doesn't make Cap a hero anymore then money makes Bats one.

The same way Supermans an inspiration not because of what he can do better then other people, but because of what he chooses to do with his gifts.

Good post cdtm.

h1a8
Originally posted by golem370
The video said the shield went through a truck easily no way Batman would catch it and if he did he would have wished he didn't.

LOL. Cap has threw the shield a billion times. It never went through anyone (including humans). Hell, peek humans have caught or dodged the shield before. So that feat is an outlier (PIS) or we have to argue against character of Cap throwing it that hard against Batman.

Originally posted by deathslash
hysterical

Originally posted by Magic Joe
no expression Why can't Batman easily dodge, catch, or deflect a shield throw?

SamZED
Originally posted by chilled monkey
It's easy to get training when you have unlimited money to go to all the really great gyms, buy the best equipment, travel the world and track down zen masters to teach you uber fighting skills. It's easy to master over a hundred different MAs, train your body to the level of Olympic athletes not only in one kind of sports but reach his body potential in terms of strength, speed, agility and on top of that learn everything there is to know about biology, physics, chemistry, mechanics and God know what else... all that is easy because he has money? Yeah no, it's not easy, it's outright impossible no matter how much money you have. IMO beats being injected with a super serum that magically enhances your mind and body in terms of impressiveness.

juggernaut74
Yea Bruce worked hard to achieve his status while Cap got his from a bottle.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by namorsubby
If Batman throws gas pellets down....what does Cap do? Suffocate....that's what. or hold his breath and leave the area. eek! eek! eek! eek!

abhilegend
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
or hold his breath and leave the area. eek! eek! eek! eek!
laughing out loud

pym-ftw
Steve can just breathe it in, his metabolism is going to negate 90% of the gas, he might feel a numbness but nothing that's a one hit quitter.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Batman wins 7/10 thanks to mad gadgets. even without the gadgets in a h2h battle he wins -_-

not with batman's gadgets. Too unfair. Bats wins 10/10.

with gadgets 10/10 in just hand to hand 6/10 with prep and gadgets 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
/10
with prep and no gadgets 8/10

The only way cap can beat bats is if he uses shield and batman is only h2h

JayDaDon
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yea Bruce worked hard to achieve his status while Cap got his from a bottle.

Cap had to train too to be everything he is. Otherwise he would just be a super low end brick. The bottle didn't put him at the top of the MA hill in the marvel universe.

namorsubby
It's gonna be tough to hold his breath while Bruce is still engaging him in combat. Not to mention that Batman has an array of other gadgets that can take Steve out of this fight by themselves.

namorsubby
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Steve can just breathe it in, his metabolism is going to negate 90% of the gas, he might feel a numbness but nothing that's a one hit quitter. what do you base this stance on?

Inhuman
LOL. Cap has threw the shield a billion times. It never went through anyone (including humans). Hell, peek humans have caught or dodged the shield before. So that feat is an outlier (PIS) or we have to argue against character of Cap throwing it that hard against Batman.

Why can't Batman easily dodge, catch, or deflect a shield throw?

Cap has decapitated a Tank with that shield.

SamZED
Always thought its because it's partially vibranium. Cap doesn't decapitate people nor loses his arms when he catches it (holding back maybe?). Either way the shield's been cought on several occasions by people other than Cap. It is possible.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/838/cap6v.th.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by Inhuman
Cap has decapitated a Tank with that shield. The shield has been caught and dodged or deflected. Cap also has hit numerous people with it without it killing or maiming them.
So we can argue PIS or against Caps character. Either way Batman is catching it.

JayDaDon
Batman MAY be able to catch it you mean. There's absolutely no guarantee.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by namorsubby
what do you base this stance on? his feats vs gases & poisons...

Badabing
I still say flip a coin for the Cap vs Bats match. Though Nu52 Bats may need more feats.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Badabing
I still say flip a coin for the Cap vs Bats match. Though Nu52 Bats may need more feats. I agree. Is Nu 52 Bats sill a genius?

namorsubby
Originally posted by pym-ftw
his feats vs gases & poisons... do you have something specific? I can't recall a feat that would justify Steve no selling Batmans ko gas.

TrevorPhillipss
Nu52 Batman is the same as Pre 52, DC has already stated the continuity is in tact.

I also love how Cap fanboys use the seldom instances of Cap's shield ripping through a tank but ignores the more numerous instances of his shield getting deflected by much less.

In raw hand to hand Bats wins, a greater mastery of pressure points and the ability to reverse pressure points which Cap lacks. Caps physicals aren't that much of a gap either but of course of Cap fans will try to make Cap seem like he's 10x stronger than Bruce.

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by chilled monkey

It's easy to get training when you have unlimited money to go to all the really great gyms, buy the best equipment, travel the world and track down zen masters to teach you uber fighting skills etc.

One of the dumbest post I've read on this forum and that's saying alot.

You can have the money to go the best gyms, get the best equipment and learn the best fighting skills.

You STILL need to put the work in, Bruce didn't get to sit on his ass in a mansion, when he traveled the world he had to put in the work, time, discipline and dedication to learning all the skills he needed.

That's a hell of a bigger accomplishment then Steve getting his physical stats from some steroids.

JayDaDon
Its kind of a silly argument to make as they were both fortunate to receive something instrumental to them being who the are (money, sss) Would Batman be at the level he's at without money? Hell no sir. Cap and Bats both worked to become top martial artists and strategists.

TrevorPhillipss
It's not silly, they aren't even comparable. Bruce went through a hell of a lot more than Cap did to be what he is. Cap worked hard but compared to Bruce he may as well have sat on his ass while WW2 Scientist injected him with more steroids.

JayDaDon
The steroids didn't teach Cap strategy or martial arts or how to be a leader.. Those are all the thing Cap is actually known for. None of which came from the serum.

DarkRaiden
Updated links to the arguments

Part 1: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kgg6y_batman-vs-captain-america-part-1-efn_tech

Part 2: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kghst_batman-vs-captain-america-part-2-efn_tech

The conclusion
Part 3: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1kgijn_batman-vs-captain-america-part-3-the-winner-efn_tech

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.