Ego vs Uatu vs Stranger vs King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
mad

ShadowFyre
King Thor or Stranger. Probably Stranger. Regular Thor has already beaten ego and does uatu have a single combat feat?

Insane Titan
KT ftw, Stranger is a chump

zopzop
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
King Thor or Stranger. Probably Stranger. Regular Thor has already beaten ego and does uatu have a single combat feat?
He (Uatu) took out Aaron the Rogue Watcher in direct combat.

Having said that, probably Stranger. They've been playing him up recently (latest retcon has him creating Ego/Counter Ego).

Failing that KT? I don't know.

TheLordofMurder
Based on him apparently being superior to Ego and his implied level of power (as pertains the Infinity Gauntlet arc) Stranger manhandles the field...

guy222
Stranger

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Based on him apparently being superior to Ego and his implied level of power (as pertains the Infinity Gauntlet arc) Stranger manhandles the field...
Oh snap. Forgot about that.

Yeah.

Branlor Swift
Is he really superior to Ego though? He's his creator, but Ego is definitely the most powerful here. Though he's vulnerable as all shit. Stranger is Pluto level when Pluto's in his own realm.

KT wins.

zopzop
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Is he really superior to Ego though? He's his creator, but Ego is definitely the most powerful here. Though he's vulnerable as all shit. Stranger is Pluto level when Pluto's in his own realm.

KT wins.
Low showing?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by zopzop
Low showing? Stranger has a fair few of them though.

zopzop
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Stranger has a fair few of them though.
True. But Stranger is one of those guys that you can't tell if he's serious or plotting something and taking the loss for lulz (just like Mephisto).

TheLordofMurder
True. But Stranger is one of those guys that you can't tell if he's serious or plotting something and taking the loss for lulz (just like Mephisto).

thumb up

Precisely...

I vaguely remember something about him intentionally throwing the fight against Pluto...

True, he has some eye wincing showings from back in the day, but since then, he's been paid a bit more respect from the writters at Marvel...

zopzop
thumb up

Precisely...

I vaguely remember something about him intentionally throwing the fight against Pluto...

True, he has some eye wincing showings from back in the day, but since then, he's been paid a bit more respect from the writters at Marvel...
Yeah. He went from being "just a big space alien" to cosmic being. The LT himself said Stranger could have been his 4th aspect.

Branlor Swift
Low showing? How is that a low showing, in any possible way?

And quite frankly, he hasn't the feats to call that one low anyway.

thumb up

Precisely...

He threw the fight because they were too evenly matched, and there wasn't enough time for how long the fight would have lasted.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
He threw the fight because they were too evenly matched, and there wasn't enough time for how long the fight would have lasted.

And that was from back in the day before the writters started to write him as being one of the cosmic deities of the universe...

Being strong enough to potentially be an aspect of the LT trumps anything that the rest of the characters here could possibly match...

zopzop
Being strong enough to potentially be an aspect of the LT trumps anything that the rest of the characters here could possibly match...
And not to mention while he was with the Cosmic Deities battling Thanos with the IG, the Skyfathers were stuck in Asgard and helpless to join in or do anything.

Branlor Swift
That's not really a feat though. And that came an issue after Surfer tanked one of his casual blasts.

Hell, that was the same issue Surfer was so important that he earned a moment of Godhood.

Branlor Swift
Stranger's best feat was probably directing the energies of the Infinity Union back on himself (not absorbing) and only getting badly injured in the process.
When Nebula had the powers she was casually erasing and recreating the universe. Mind you she also casually erased and recreated Stranger too, so...

He's definitely high up there, but I personally wouldn't put his power above Ego's. Though he might win in a fight. Thor is the most well rounded IMO.

operator616
^ That's a pretty ambiguous feat, imo. As you said so yourself: Nebula was able to destroy and re-create the Stranger just fine not to mention that it was stated that the energies of the infinity union are too powerful for the Stranger; yet, when he somehow re-directs the energies of the Infinity Union unto himself, he was able to tank it fully?

Creating Ego and Alter Ego is his best feat, imo.

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Stranger has a fair few of them though.

He has quite a lot, actually.

Getting knocked around by a Juggernaut punch (iirc, Hulk also knocked him around more than once, in their 2nd encounter, not first). A weakened Silver Surfer caused him trouble in their first encounter, Thor was able to use time manipulation to prevent a battle between the Stranger and Asgard, making him actually forget; Champions were able to fight the Stranger and tank hits from him. hell at one point, Spiderman was giving Stranger trouble. Along other instances which im sure im missing. The fact that he wanted to destroy Earth more than once, yet resorted to some scientific means or using someone like the hulk to do it, is also not a very good showing on his part.

He's also looked like a fool at times; like when he kidnapped Magneto into a planet of his, he left him with a ship which perfectly fits with Magneto's capabilities to be able operate it.

guy222
He has faught the Watchers before. How many who knows. Believe the Pluto incident he knew the outcome. Juggernaut reference isn't that non canon. IMHO, Stranger> Uatu> Ego> KT. May change if Thor defeats G

Insane Titan
Stranger looked like a chump in Beyond, and IIRC he struggled with Thor not so long ago

operator616
Originally posted by guy222
He has faught the Watchers before. How many who knows. Believe the Pluto incident he knew the outcome. Juggernaut reference isn't that non canon. IMHO, Stranger> Uatu> Ego> KT. May change if Thor defeats G

You're confusing the X-Men Forever series with each other; v1 is very much canon, it was referenced in Stranger's own bio:

http://i.imgur.com/gII3qVW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NA9hKyr.jpg

(see last paragraph of page 1 which continues on page 2)

There are also multiple bios having Stranger as an equal (or comparable) to the Watchers.

Also, there's the Journey into Mystery arc of Quasar, where Otmu (a watcher) claimed that he could take out the Stranger (when he said that he could take out one of them, Stranger or Quasar, but not two):

http://i.imgur.com/AjrTgAV.jpg

He ended up killing himself after this.

In the Pluto instance, after the battle Stranger revealed that he feigned defeat (so that the hulk and thing rescue him, and save the day)

guy222
Who do u think wins

operator616
Uatu, most likely

King Thor simply doesn't have the feats to match Uatu's (who has universal showings).

Ego and The Stranger have too many low showings.

dynamix
Originally posted by operator616
Uatu, most likely

King Thor simply doesn't have the feats to match Uatu's (who has universal showings).

Ego and The Stranger have too many low showings.

agreed. I can't believe cats are picking KT to be honest. Besides Ego (maybe), i don't even think he's in the same tier as the others. Feats is great if the characters are about the same level but Watcher and Stranger, i feel, are at least a couple notches above low-mid skyfather.

guy222
Stranger for me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.