How does Season 6 of TCW affect our VS threads?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

red8
Here are all of the feats I can think of:

Mace Windu vs Mother Talzin
Both are in a deadlock for most of the very short duel.
Talzin's best feats at this point are this duel and almost killing Dooku with her magic. Overall, I think these two feats make her a rather impressive character.

Dooku
Sidious chokes Dooku from (possibly) across the galaxy.
Dooku has his best duel against Kenobi and Skywalker.
In fact, Dooku is a total badass in that episode (besides the Sidious choking).

Yoda
This season shows that he has impressive mental defenses as he is able to resist Darth Bane and other Sith spirits (or illusions).

He also withstands Sidious' lightning pretty well and out-duels Sidious.

Anakin
This season provides even more proof that the Anakin that killed Dooku was not Zonakin or tapping into his full potential. Anakin kills Dooku rather quickly but is ragdolled by Sidious. Since we know that full potential Anakin is way beyond Sidious, this must have just been Anakin tapping into the dark side.

Clovis
Anakin beats the KITTENS out of Clovis in unarmed combat. I found this kinda hilarious. I don't think anyone's will be doing a vs topic about Clovis though.

King Joker
"Anakin beats the KITTENS"

ROFLOL!!!!

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by red8

Mace Windu vs Mother Talzin
Both are in a deadlock for most of the very short duel.
Talzin's best feats at this point are this duel and almost killing Dooku with her magic. Overall, I think these two feats make her a rather impressive character.

Will see more of Talzin's powers in the upcoming comic Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir.

Dooku
Sidious chokes Dooku from (possibly) across the galaxy.
Dooku has his best duel against Kenobi and Skywalker.
In fact, Dooku is a total badass in that episode (besides the Sidious choking).

Yes, his Force powers are no where near as close to Yoda's and Sidious's as I once believed. But the episode spoke very well for his Lightsaber abilities and overall combat prowess with the Dooku vs Skywalker and Kenobi rematch.

Yoda
This season shows that he has impressive mental defenses as he is able to resist Darth Bane and other Sith spirits (or illusions).

He also withstands Sidious' lightning pretty well and out-duels Sidious.

It wasn't real Lightning, or the real Sidious, but he basically withstood a full on Psychic attack by both Darth Sidious and Count Dooku while on a Dark Side Nexus. The fight even ended with Sidious admitting Yoda was even more powerful than he previously thought. That added to Sidious attempting to flee from Yoda in their ROTS fight makes me believe Yoda > Sidious.

Anakin
This season provides even more proof that the Anakin that killed Dooku was not Zonakin or tapping into his full potential. Anakin kills Dooku rather quickly but is ragdolled by Sidious. Since we know that full potential Anakin is way beyond Sidious, this must have just been Anakin tapping into the dark side.

That fight did not prove anything, because Skywalker was not actually there in real or in psychic form. The fact that Skywalker chopped Dooku's head off with both his and Dooku's Lightsaber though makes me believe that was Yoda having another vision of the future.

But again with Dooku's final Clone War battle against Anakin and Obi-Wan added to the fact that he embarrassed them both again in ROTS, until Dooku tried turning Skywalker to the Dark Side, makes me believe Dooku is "usually" above Skywalker (even without TK & FL).

Clovis
Anakin beats the KITTENS out of Clovis in unarmed combat. I found this kinda hilarious. I don't think anyone's will be doing a vs topic about Clovis though.

Well even without the Force, Anakin does have the unfair advantage of a cyborg arm.

Nephthys
Who's Clovis?

Anyway, I don't see the Yoda feats as indicative of superiority over Bane or Sidious. Bane was just an illusion and Sidious was attacking with a ritual. And we all know rituals aren't really reflective of a characters abilities. The same with Skywalker beating Dooku. It was just an illusion that was strangely accurate to the future.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nephthys
It was just an illusion that was strangely accurate to the future.

Probably because it was a partial vision of the future.

red8
Does the EU ever explain how Yoda knew about Darth Bane?

This answer here:
http://scifi.stackexchange.com/a/34299/20789

explains how the Jedi found out about the rule of two, but how did Yoda know who Darth Bane was?

I don't know much about Darth Gravid, but I doubt Mundi would have made the statements he made in TPM if Gravid had spilled the beans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.