Satele Shan Tribute

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
In this post I will be tributing to Satele Shans power because I believe she is a character that goes largely unappreciated. I have recently re-read Fatal Alliance where we get a closer look at the Grandmaster. Most of my information will be coming directly from this book and I will be quoting it quite a bit.

Grand Master Satele Shan was a wise, and charismatic jedi master who also happened to be one of the most powerful jedi to ever live. Most starwars fans attribute her with powerful telekinesis (most likely because of the TOR trailer), but she is actually most noted for her ability to see the future. Her ability to perceive future events was not only famous in the jedi order but all around the galaxy because her foresight was almost never wrong. She used this power very often and her apprentice often believed that her master knew the outcome of conversations and events while they were still happening. But for all her foresight she doesn't know the outcome of everything as many people around her seemed to believe. Despite this I still believe her foresight is among the greatest in all of starwars history.

"Do you see this in the future, Master?" The foresight of Grand Master Satele Shan was legendary, and never wrong. - Fatal Alliance. Page 51

Much like people believe, Satele Shans telekinesis was extremely powerful, and she uses it very freely in combat. Most people have seen the TOR trailer where Satele toppled a tree by breaking its base with telekinetic grip and most notably, obliterated Darth Malgus with a powerful blast of telekinesis. But this is not the extent of her power. In the book Fatal Alliance during the battle on Sebaddon, Satele crushed Hex droids into balls, made them explode from the inside and froze them in place while the sith apprentice she fought beside finished them off.
But the most impressive display was when she projected a force shield around herself that allowed her to survive briefly in the vacuum of space! This shield was so strong that none of the Hex droids deadly arsenal even had a chance of breaking it. Her apprentice even used her in this state as a form of projectile to launch at the Hex droids. However she could not move herself while doing this and need the assistance of her apprentice to navigate her through space.

Master Satele floated in a ball in the center of the room, her Force shield shimmering around her, a milky luminescence maintained barely a finger-span from her body. - Fatal Alliance. Page 300

Her telepathic powers were also extremely powerful and she was able to communicate with her apprentice in the chaos of a space battle. And during her apprentices rescue of her from the wreckage of a destroyed ship she even was able to influence 9 different Hex droids at the same time, using the little organic fluid they contained to establish an influence over them. She didn't have complete control over them because they contained very little organic matter but she was still able to use that little bit to influence them.

"They won't go away, but at least they won't be aggressive. I think I can hold them off while you come to the door." - Fatal Alliance. Page 299

Satele Shan was also extremely skilled in tutaminus as shown in the TOR trailer when she blocked Darth Malgus's lightsaber with her hands. Sadly this power is not explored any more in any of the media I have read.

The Grand Master possessed prodigious Force powers. A gesture crushed hexes into balls or blew them apart from the inside. A look stilled them mid-lunge while Ax rushed in to finish them off. - Fatal Alliance. Page 375

In combat Satele Shan was blindingly fast and agile, her fighting form is clearly based on Ataru although it is never outright stated. She was also noted as very silent on her feat. During the battle on Sebaddon the Sith apprentice named Ax who she fought beside actually started to believe that there might be truth to jedi philosophy just from watching Satele Shan fight. And she was able to go toe to toe against Darth Malgus for a period of time so thats something.

" Impressive reflexes," said Master Satele, to all appearances unconcerned by the possibility that Ax might have cut her in half. She hadn't even activated her own lightsaber. "Your peripheral vision could use some work, though. I've been on your tail ever since you landed." - Fatal Alliance. Page 373

In conclusion Grand Master Satele Shan is very powerful and wise and has a lot more to her name than just powerful telekinesis. She is a great leader of the Republic and a worthy owner of the tittle Grand Master. I am personally a fan of her and I hope you become one too.

Anyways your im eager to hear ur thoughts

red8
How good is Fatal Alliance? Is it worth reading?

Based
Originally posted by red8
How good is Fatal Alliance? Is it worth reading?

No.

However I do appreciate a Satele thread, the most underrated of the TOR hypebeasts.

Emperordmb
Impressive... Most Impressive

Satele just may be my third favorite Grand Master now.

WildBantha88
this thread needs updated.... maby redone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.