Thanos VS The JLA:TO THE DEATH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Thanos

VS

1)Superman
2)Captain Marvel
3)Orion
4)Martian Manhunter
5)Wonder Woman
6)Green Lantern
7)Flash

Titan or team?

pym-ftw
Team

Obviously spite.

Reflassshh
I just don't see the dcnu JLA beating thanos...

carver9
Pre reboot wins. DCNU lose.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Team

Obviously spite.

How is DCNU spite?

pym-ftw
How is it not?

The top 7 high heralds in dc. Vs a trans lvl character.

3-5 guys its a fight.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
How is it not?

The top 7 high heralds in dc. Vs a trans lvl character.

3-5 guys its a fight.

Which 3 do you remove?

pym-ftw
It doesn't really matter.

beatboks
Due to OP win condition of Death and Thanos unable to die due to Death's infatuation clearly Thanos wins since he can't be killed.

Badabing
I'm about to close this thread before the Thanos brigade and DC brigade show up. mmm

Stoic
Originally posted by Badabing
I'm about to close this thread before the Thanos brigade and DC brigade show up. mmm

LOL. Thanos still wins this though.

basilisk
Originally posted by carver9
Pre reboot wins. DCNU lose.

Yeah, preboot win. Thanos won't die but they would make him wish he could.

DCNU I'm not so impressed by what I've seen, especially Superman (outside the planet lifting feat). Really this team should win but I'm not convinced.

God Cloth Seiya
Team stomps

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Badabing

I'm tired of your !@#$ you filthy scalebag! mad

There's a bulk shipment of Raptorskin accessories with your name on it!

Tony Stark
TITAN

God Cloth Seiya
Team and its majorly spite

DTM
Team wins solidly here.

ShadowFyre
I'm on the ropes on this one. People argued with me on Thanos losing to some of Marvels most powerful characters.

I really want to say its a stomp for D.C. but Thanos has a long history of just straight punking the shit out of herald level characters . And taking attacks from some of the strongest in Marvel.

The hardest part is for him overcoming the Flashes speed right off the bat I guess. Or has he been needed in dcnu?

DarkRaiden
Thanos stomps with ease. No one on that list has half the durability Silver Surfer does. 7 punches. For them? 3 punches a piece. Maybe. Omnidirectional eyebeams/blasts. Telepathy. Life Drain. Pick any of Thanos's powers and he stomps with them.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
Thanos stomps with ease. No one on that list has half the durability Silver Surfer does. 7 punches. For them? 3 punches a piece. Maybe. Omnidirectional eyebeams/blasts. Telepathy. Life Drain. Pick any of Thanos's powers and he stomps with them.
facepalm

Not half as durable as surfer? With Superman/Captain Marvel being there? Quit eating paint chips.

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

"Easily"

DAMN LIES

carver9
Lol.

quanchi112
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
"Easily"

DAMN LIES I do not joke about The Lord Thanos. Neither should you if you care about your own mortality.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
I do not joke about The Lord Thanos. Neither should you if you care about your own mortality.

"Lord" Thanos learns humility in this fight as nothing will come easily for him.

h1a8

Huh. Stop trolling. You can't equate a character's highest feat with any other showings. Otherwise, I can say that Colossus tanked planet destroying punches when he fought Gladiator.

Surfer's durability (like all characters) fluctuates from comic to comic. Thanos 7 hitting him is a very low showing since Surfer has feats of tanking shit well out of Thanos league. Even so, how in the hell is Thanos going to physically punch anyone here more than twice? He will be busy defending (if he doesn't then he is toast) and many here are astronomically faster than him in a forum fight (not a comic one). P.S. If a high end Thor or Superman unleashed their might on Surfer then they too can kill him in about 7 hits.

Superman alone would give Thanos fits in a forum fight (Full Capacity and PIS off).
Superman could reasonably beat Thanos using speed. He benchpressing feat shits on any strength feat made by Thanos.

Decimus
Justice League just to much power and versatility. It will be hard for them considering how new dc's roster is in terms of feats

Insane Titan
Originally posted by h1a8
Huh. Stop trolling. You can't equate a character's highest feat with any other showings. Otherwise, I can say that Colossus tanked planet destroying punches when he fought Gladiator.

Surfer's durability (like all characters) fluctuates from comic to comic. Thanos 7 hitting him is a very low showing since Surfer has feats of tanking shit well out of Thanos league. Even so, how in the hell is Thanos going to physically punch anyone here more than twice? He will be busy defending (if he doesn't then he is toast) and many here are astronomically faster than him in a forum fight (not a comic one). P.S. If a high end Thor or Superman unleashed their might on Surfer then they too can kill him in about 7 hits.

Superman alone would give Thanos fits in a forum fight (Full Capacity and PIS off).
Superman could reasonably beat Thanos using speed. He benchpressing feat shits on any strength feat made by Thanos. Thanos has with stood things far greater than this team can dish out do using your logic Thanos wins , and I don't know how you dare call anyone a troll

Shockadin
Martian and Flash would already be too much for Thanos

Stoic
Originally posted by Shockadin
Martian and Flash would already be too much for Thanos

Yeah they would be, if we were talking about Mongul. However this is Thanos. I've seen teams on par, or better that would lose to Thanos. The idea that he can stand there and take a blast in the face from the Surfer and smile, get hit by Thor going all out to the dome with his hammer, and take Black Bolt's scream to the face, tells me that he would tank this team, and wind up systematically beating them one at a time, or two at a time. They don't have enough power to put him down. Not when he also took on Odin's assault, that was capable of one shot KO'ing the Surfer.

Reflassshh
I'd like to see if thanos still smiles after an IMP lands on his face laughing

carver9
Whats the most durable character an IMP from Flash koed.?

Reflassshh
Whats the most durable character an IMP from Flash koed.?
It one shot koed a white martian.

quanchi112
"Lord" Thanos learns humility in this fight as nothing will come easily for him. Absurd. He easily trounces this team. He is on another level.

Originally posted by Reflassshh
It one shot koed a white martian. laughing out loud

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos has with stood things far greater than this team can dish out do using your logic Thanos wins , and I don't know how you dare call anyone a troll he hasn't withstood Punches from a high end Superman. Even so, he will still be greatly affected by them.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Yeah they would be, if we were talking about Mongul. However this is Thanos. I've seen teams on par, or better that would lose to Thanos. The idea that he can stand there and take a blast in the face from the Surfer and smile, get hit by Thor going all out to the dome with his hammer, and take Black Bolt's scream to the face, tells me that he would tank this team, and wind up systematically beating them one at a time, or two at a time. They don't have enough power to put him down. Not when he also took on Odin's assault, that was capable of one shot KO'ing the Surfer. Surfer jobs. He is very variable in comics. He has tanked shit beyond Odin level. But Thanos can definitely tank their energy blasts. Blunt force is something else though. Thanos was affected by mjolnir. More of those hits and Thanos would have been out. No one is claiming that Thanos will be one shot here. But to say that he can't be staggered by their blunt force attacks is asinine.

Thanos will have a problem attacking and defending simultaneously. Superman alone can beat Thanos using speed and power.

carver9
Originally posted by Reflassshh
It one shot koed a white martian.

no expression

Angel Watching
Teams takes him down enough for a win

Insane Titan
he hasn't withstood Punches from a high end Superman. Even so, he will still be greatly affected by them. he withstood 3 from PG Thor who is above a high end Superman under his own power

Sixth_Winged
Last time i check thanos couldn't die. So yeah eternal draw or eventually thanos.

DarkRaiden
Thanos fought WM Power Gem Thor.

Using High end Thor, that's 20 planet strengthx10 (WM) so 200 planet minimum. And then the unknown boost from the Power Gem. Thanos fought him head up and did well. And then trapped him in a force block.

Thanos should easily stomp here. Superman has NOWHERE near the level of strength needed to hurt Thanos significantly. Neither does Flash.

Thanos is a consistent, non-jobbing Darkseid that's still amped some with ALL of Darkseid's powers. Imagine that, remember how Pre-Crisis Darkseid stomped the JL. That's what would happen here. Maybe worse.

SquallX
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Last time i check thanos couldn't die. So yeah eternal draw or eventually thanos.

You know you don't need to kill someone to beat them right?

iceman24567
Team

tkitna
Superman alone can beat Thanos using speed and power.

I laugh every time I read this from you.

Stoic
Originally posted by tkitna
I laugh every time I read this from you.

I know right? But then again he thinks that Superman would beat Odin.

h1a8
I laugh every time I read this from you. prove how Thanos can beat Superman in a forum fight.

Then you have a basis in which to laugh

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
I know right? But then again he thinks that Superman would beat Odin. in light of Odin's strength feats then Odin wins over Superman. But
with PIS off, having Superman fight knowing what Odin is capable and thus using his speed 100% at all times then Superman wins.

carver9
no expression

iceman24567
If you are willing to ignore comics of course Superman can blitz Odin for the win no expression

abhilegend

Using High end Thor, that's 20 planet strengthx10 (WM) so 200 planet minimum. And then the unknown boost from the Power Gem. Thanos fought him head up and did well. And then trapped him in a force block.

Thanos should easily stomp here. Superman has NOWHERE near the level of strength needed to hurt Thanos significantly. Neither does Flash.

Thanos is a consistent, non-jobbing Darkseid that's still amped some with ALL of Darkseid's powers. Imagine that, remember how Pre-Crisis Darkseid stomped the JL. That's what would happen here. Maybe worse.
In the comic where Thor exclaimed "OMG, I am beneath scores of planets!!!!", a ship mast falling on him nearly killed him and sent him in coma. Guess which one is hyperbole and which one isn't?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Abhi doesn't even believe Superman can beat Thanos one v one.. why should you H1? It's ludicrous to even think Superman can beat Thanos for a majority. High end superman can make it a pretty decent fight and get some licks in but go down eventually. Medium superman is pretty much 4 shot. Low end superman is pimp slapped KO'd.

abhilegend
Thanos isn't oneshotting Superman any time soon. Forget about it.

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Abhi doesn't even believe Superman can beat Thanos one v one.. why should you H1? It's ludicrous to even think Superman can beat Thanos for a majority. High end superman can make it a pretty decent fight and get some licks in but go down eventually. Medium superman is pretty much 4 shot. Low end superman is pimp slapped KO'd.

You know ABHI doesn't believe that, right?

DarkSaint85
in light of Odin's strength feats then Odin wins over Superman. But
with PIS off, having Superman fight knowing what Odin is capable and thus using his speed 100% at all times then Superman wins.

thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thanos isn't oneshotting Superman any time soon. Forget about it.

Low end superman would absolutely get one shot by an average portrayal of Thanos. He's been put down by less than what Thanos can dish out. Obviously a high end or average superman wouldn't be.. which is WHY I said Low end.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
thumb up

Kinda odd to give Thumbs up to a stupid comment. Then again, maybe that is the bond you two share.

Epicurus
Kinda odd to give Thumbs up to a stupid comment. Then again, maybe that is the bond you two share.
Dark tends to satirize/parody h1's ridiculous claims across threads on this forum. In serious mode, he has stomped h1 in particular debates ranging from Spider-Man vs She-Hulk to the canonicity of a Watchmen comic series.

Hope that clears things up.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Epicurus
Dark tends to satirize/parody h1's ridiculous claims across threads on this forum. In serious mode, he has stomped h1 in particular debates ranging from Spider-Man vs She-Hulk to the canonicity of a Watchmen comic series.

Hope that clears things up. Pretty much Dark has abused h1's anus on a regular

carver9
Originally posted by Epicurus

Hope that clears things up.

thumb up

dial J for Josh
Superman could reasonably beat Thanos using speed. He benchpressing feat shits on any strength feat made by Thanos.
in light of Odin's strength feats then Odin wins over Superman. But

...ban him now.

JBL
prove how Thanos can beat Superman in a forum fight.

Then you have a basis in which to laugh That's VERY easy to do. One way is to put superman in Thanos place when Thanos fought... Tyrant/Odin/Galactus/WM Thor/Surfer and a lot of others that would have Stomped Crushed superman if he was in Thanos place.

But answer me this h1a8, when you say forum fight, do you mean kmc superman, comic superman or your personal view of superman? Not trying to be funny with you as you do make some valid points sometimes, but even though there is only one superman we are talking about, the character does have 3 different beliefs on kmc. people may answer you about comic superman when you are talking about your version or other posters bring in kmc superman and things get out of hand. Its hard to debate against a character that has many different views ranging from common sense to outrageous nonsense.

As for this thread. Thanos wins.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
That's VERY easy to do. One way is to put superman in Thanos place when Thanos fought... Tyrant/Odin/Galactus/WM Thor/Surfer and a lot of others that would have Stomped Crushed superman if he was in Thanos place.

But answer me this h1a8, when you say forum fight, do you mean kmc superman, comic superman or your personal view of superman? Not trying to be funny with you as you do make some valid points sometimes, but even though there is only one superman we are talking about, the character does have 3 different beliefs on kmc. people may answer you about comic superman when you are talking about your version or other posters bring in kmc superman and things get out of hand. Its hard to debate against a character that has many different views ranging from common sense to outrageous nonsense.

LIES!

Superman can create antimatter:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123129/3437533-1354743023-26441.jpg

Thanos was taken out by an antimatter mine!!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OrKMGvENpqQ/Uc0sJxqvBKI/AAAAAAAAQyo/CsY0FY4sCSE/s866/thanos+imperative+issue+3+006.jpg

CANON!!!!

Insane Titan
Lmao I know you're joking , but in case h1 thinks that will work Thanos was weakened and not at full power

JBL
LIES!

Superman can create antimatter:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123129/3437533-1354743023-26441.jpg

Thanos was taken out by an antimatter mine!!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OrKMGvENpqQ/Uc0sJxqvBKI/AAAAAAAAQyo/CsY0FY4sCSE/s866/thanos+imperative+issue+3+006.jpg

CANON!!!! This is a joke right?

LordofBrooklyn
Low end superman would absolutely get one shot by an average portrayal of Thanos. He's been put down by less than what Thanos can dish out. Obviously a high end or average superman wouldn't be.. which is WHY I said Low end.

HERESY!

mad

Insane Titan
Originally posted by JBL
This is a joke right? yeah he's joking he's just mocking h1 lol

DarkSaint85
Lol I can't wait till April 1 ends.

abhilegend
Nope, not happening.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
That's VERY easy to do. One way is to put superman in Thanos place when Thanos fought... Tyrant/Odin/Galactus/WM Thor/Surfer and a lot of others that would have Stomped Crushed superman if he was in Thanos place.

ABC logic is faulty. Thanos lost to all those beings except surfer and Thor. With Surfer, surfer jobbed out. With Thor it was a plot device win.

I mean kmc rules Superman. No PIS and full capacity. Superman is smarter than the average person and will fight smart AS SHOWN BEFORE. He will not fight dumb due to the plot because he is, in fact, not dumb at all. And he will not forget his powers and his powers will not be suddenly turned off for the sake of the plot.

Thanos can't beat a PIS off and Full capacity Superman. Superman is many times faster and is stronger by feats. For every 6 inches Thanos move, Superman can move more than 5 feet. Superman can hit Thanos more than 10 times for each blow Thanos can land. Superman can become intangible at any time as well. Superman can freeze Thanos to slow his speed even further. Superman will fight smart because he is smart and he has fought smart.

h1a8

Thanos is a consistent, non-jobbing Darkseid that's still amped some with ALL of Darkseid's powers. Imagine that, remember how Pre-Crisis Darkseid stomped the JL. That's what would happen here. Maybe worse. You can't equate a character's highest showings with ANY other showing. Thor has been koed by less. He doesn't have planet durability all the time. Thor never lifted 20 planets. He just survived being crushed by a score of planets. This is a durability feat and not a strength one.

Using your logic, I can say that Superman or Superboy made a being bleed that survived a universal blast. That puts them out of Thanos league. But that's stupid since I can't equate a character's highest showings with any other scene.

DarkRaiden
ABC logic is faulty. Thanos lost to all those beings except surfer and Thor. With Surfer, surfer jobbed out. With Thor it was a plot device win.

I mean kmc rules Superman. No PIS and full capacity. Superman is smarter than the average person and will fight smart AS SHOWN BEFORE. He will not fight dumb due to the plot because he is, in fact, not dumb at all. And he will not forget his powers and his powers will not be suddenly turned off for the sake of the plot.

Thanos can't beat a PIS off and Full capacity Superman. Superman is many times faster and is stronger by feats. For every 6 inches Thanos move, Superman can move more than 5 feet. Superman can hit Thanos more than 10 times for each blow Thanos can land. Superman can become intangible at any time as well. Superman can freeze Thanos to slow his speed even further. Superman will fight smart because he is smart and he has fought smart.

Superman has 0 consistent feats that say he' stronger than Thanos.

And why does Supes get to fight smart and not Thanos. Why can't Thanos just TP him like he did Fallen One? Why can't Thanos tag him like he's done faster people than Supes? Why can't Thanos omnidirectional blast him?

He can. And he stomps. That is the answer.

abhilegend

And why does Supes get to fight smart and not Thanos. Why can't Thanos just TP him like he did Fallen One? Why can't Thanos tag him like he's done faster people than Supes? Why can't Thanos omnidirectional blast him?

Who did he tag who is faster than Superman? What TP resistance feat Fallen One had? Inquiring minds need to know these important facts.

tkitna
Superman has gotten tagged in every comic for the last 75 years. Why wouldn't he here? Thanos doesn't seem to have any issues beating the crap out of the Surfer, but he's going to lose to Clark? No. Sure Supes is smart, but he isn't smarter then Thanos. Thanos has great showings against Skyfathers and has downright beatdowns of characters in Supermans weight class in just about every appearance, but he cant win against him? TP cant be used because Superman is resistant to it, but yet he was controlled by Max Lord. Why isn't TP a viable option for Thanos? Thanos is more durable, smarter, better fighter, has better tech, is more powerful, and casually swats characters away that has shown to be comparable to Superman strength wise, but yet he cannot win? I'll give Superman his speed, but he would be better served to use it to flee in this fight.

The Superman wanking needs to stop.

abhilegend
Superman has gotten tagged in every comic for the last 75 years. Why wouldn't he here? Thanos doesn't seem to have any issues beating the crap out of the Surfer, but he's going to lose to Clark? No. Sure Supes is smart, but he isn't smarter then Thanos. Thanos has great showings against Skyfathers and has downright beatdowns of characters in Supermans weight class in just about every appearance, but he cant win against him? TP cant be used because Superman is resistant to it, but yet he was controlled by Max Lord. Why isn't TP a viable option for Thanos? Thanos is more durable, smarter, better fighter, has better tech, is more powerful, and casually swats characters away that has shown to be comparable to Superman strength wise, but yet he cannot win? I'll give Superman his speed, but he would be better served to use it to flee in this fight.

The Superman wanking needs to stop.
Nobody other than h1 believes superman is untouchable, but Thanos tagging beings faster than superman or using TP to beat him are faulty to say in the least.

Also using max lord is lulzworthy. I get it you don't know the context.

h1a8

Superman has a bazillion strength feats above Thanos best.

Superman is resistant to tp, plus Superman sending his head back would prevent any attempt of tp.

Thanos never tagged anyone faster than Superman in combat speed. And Thanos tagging someone faster doesn't mean he can tag Superman. Why?
Because Thanos tagged them when they were not using their faster than Superman speed or reflexes. I can tag a bullet when it is lying on the table. This is a forum fight, not a comic one where faster characters slow down in order to give their opponents chances to hit them.

Superman has became intangible more times than Thanos has
multi-directional blasted (he never omnidirectional blasted in his comic career). Plus Superman can send his head back before he achieves it.

h1a8

The Superman wanking needs to stop. Superman being tagged by comparable characters with speed is ok. But in comics, characters forget their powers for the sake of the plot. We all know how phucking fast Superman is and how phenomenal his reflexes are. So why pretend he doesn't have that ability under the FULL CAPACITY rule? The reason the rule was put there because it is a known fact that characters don't always fight with full capacity in comics (surfer for example).

Surfer jobs and loses his speed against Thanos in order for Thanos to be able to hit him. Tagging Surfer when Surfer is not using his ftl speed doesn't prove that Thanos can even tag CA.

The Max Lord thing took years to achieve since Superman is highly resistant against tp. Thanos doesn't have years of prep in this fight.

No character Thanos has swat away is comparable to Superman in strength. Super man's feats shit hard on theirs. Also swatting a character away doesn't prove anything since each character weighs less than a ton. Hell, weakers have knocked strongers through a loop plenty of times in comics.

Again, Superman will move more than 5 ft before than Thanos moves 6inches.
Superman had freeze breath and can slow Thanos down even further.

tkitna
Nobody other than h1 believes superman is untouchable, but Thanos tagging beings faster than superman or using TP to beat him are faulty to say in the least.

I only know that he was brainwashed and WW killed Lord (I couldn't be bothered to look any further as I don't really care). I'm sure there had to be some kind of special circumstances behind the storyline that would portray Superman as being resistant though as DC seems to portray Supes as being resistant to most everything for some reason. The one thing he isn't resistant to is an ass beating and that's what Thanos would give him.

DarkSaint85
MArtian Manhunter has also (effortlessly, it seemed to me) mindwiped Superman.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103537/2677841-1.png

tkitna
Superman being tagged by comparable characters with speed is ok. But in comics, characters forget their powers for the sake of the plot. We all know how phucking fast Superman is and how phenomenal his reflexes are. So why pretend he doesn't have that ability under the FULL CAPACITY rule? The reason the rule was put there because it is a known fact that characters don't always fight with full capacity in comics (surfer for example).

Thanos falls into this category too. I'm not sure why he just doesn't behead characters like Thor and Surfer early in their battles and be done with them. Oh, like you said, to push the story onwards.

I have to ask. Do you think Superman could beat Odin or Tyrant? I'm just curious and I think I already have my answer.

Oh so we just ignore the history in comics? Thanos tags characters like Surfer due to the fact that they get close to him because believe it or not, they want to win too and long range battles don't cut it with him.

He might not need years. Max Lord is no Thanos I'll give you the TP though.

Swatting away was a figure of speech. I should have said pummeling or beating the crap out of somebody. Sorry I wasn't technical enough.

Sorry, if I don't see his freeze breath doing much, but maybe it would. In your world Superman would hit and run really fast as Thanos stood there helplessly until he falls victim to the punishment. Do I have this right? I see it as Superman eventually being grabbed and then his arms or neck would be broken in a matter of moments. That's the more realistic outcome.

Sometimes ABC logic does work and this is one of those times.

h1a8
Thanos falls into this category too. I'm not sure why he just doesn't behead characters like Thor and Surfer early in their battles and be done with them. Oh, like you said, to push the story onwards.

I have to ask. Do you think Superman could beat Odin or Tyrant? I'm just curious and I think I already have my answer.

Oh so we just ignore the history in comics? Thanos tags characters like Surfer due to the fact that they get close to him because believe it or not, they want to win too and long range battles don't cut it with him.

He might not need years. Max Lord is no Thanos I'll give you the TP though.

Swatting away was a figure of speech. I should have said pummeling or beating the crap out of somebody. Sorry I wasn't technical enough.

Sorry, if I don't see his freeze breath doing much, but maybe it would. In your world Superman would hit and run really fast as Thanos stood there helplessly until he falls victim to the punishment. Do I have this right? I see it as Superman eventually being grabbed and then his arms or neck would be broken in a matter of moments. That's the more realistic outcome.

Sometimes ABC logic does work and this is one of those times. How can Thanos behead them?

Superman can't beat Odin or Tyrant. But he can hang with Tyrant for a long while. Odin has magic and is very strong.

Yes we can always ignore history when it goes against forum rules. Characters will not suddenly lose their powers in favor of a plot in a forum fight that has the Full Capacity rule.

Surfer still has his ftl reflexes though. Even if he is dumb enough to stop using speed and get close to Thanos for some odd reason.

Who has Thanos beat the crap out of and what were the circumstances?

Lol at thinking Thanos is stronger than Superman. Superman should be a lot stronger due to feats. Thanos would sit there because Superman would be pushing his head back. If Superman allowed Thanos to attack then Superman could easily avoid it and counter attack. Superman can also become intangible.

abhilegend
I only know that he was brainwashed and WW killed Lord (I couldn't be bothered to look any further as I don't really care). I'm sure there had to be some kind of special circumstances behind the storyline that would portray Superman as being resistant though as DC seems to portray Supes as being resistant to most everything for some reason. The one thing he isn't resistant to is an ass beating and that's what Thanos would give him.
Max took years to control him slowly as Superman's own grief over killing pocket dimension kryptonians provided a backdoor for Max to enter in his mind.

No comments on this fight but lets not start lowballing characters.Originally posted by DarkSaint85
MArtian Manhunter has also (effortlessly, it seemed to me) mindwiped Superman.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103537/2677841-1.png
Phantom Zone bro. Superman doesn't have any powers in there.

no expression

DarkSaint85
Max took years to control him slowly as Superman's own grief over killing pocket dimension kryptonians provided a backdoor for Max to enter in his mind.

No comments on this fight but lets not start lowballing characters.
Phantom Zone bro. Superman doesn't have any powers in there.

no expression

And yet...he's flying, whilst carrying Bats with one arm (not saying Batman is that heavy, but if they were all weightless or whatever, then Bats can move on his own).

abhilegend
And yet...he's flying, whilst carrying Bats with one arm (not saying Batman is that heavy, but if they were all weightless or whatever, then Bats can move on his own).
They are like wraiths in PZ, they could glide there or whatever.

DarkSaint85
....Then why aren't the usual non fliers (Flash/Plastic Man/Batman) still having to be held/carried?

abhilegend
....Then why aren't the usual non fliers (Flash/Plastic Man/Batman) still having to be held/carried?
Who knows? Superman doesn't have his powers in Phantom Zone and that has been stated many times.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC851-008.jpg

DarkSaint85
I know.

Writer intention was that Superman still has his powers.

Even if he was powerless, why would his will/resistance be any weaker?

abhilegend
I know.

Even if he was powerless, why would his will/resistance be any weaker?
Was it? He was wraith like being as seen here.

http://i.imgur.com/AqJ3qVg.jpg

And Kyle's powers were not working.

http://i.imgur.com/CZ7sX6w.jpg

Because powerless Superman is essentially a human. It shouldn't be any weaker by all logic but the comics show that weakening him lessens his resistance to TP as shown when he was split into two under Waid. Manjobber isn't mindwiping superman under any normal condition.

carver9

thumb up

abhilegend
thumb up
LMFAO.

DarkSaint85
Only carver gets me.

abhilegend
Only carver gets me.
Not a good thing. Not at all.

carver9
Only carver gets me.

thumb up

I'm not the only one bro.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nope, not happening.

How do you figure when people less than Thanos have put down superman easily.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Who did he tag who is faster than Superman? What TP resistance feat Fallen One had? Inquiring minds need to know these important facts.

Fallen one was said to be Translight speed and tried to blitz Thanos... he was promptly stopped with ease.

Thor's hammer has been said to fly at near light speed... Thanos raised his hand AFTER it was thrown fast enough to stop it dead in its tracks.

We know how fast energy and light travels... Thanos and point blank range reacted to the maker's energy blasts and swatted them away. Again, at point blank range.

Now, I'm not and I don't think anybody is saying he's faster than superman. But what he certainly is, is capable of tagging superman. Superman has been hit in nearly every appearance he's ever been in. There is a reason for this.. BECAUSE HE'S HITTABLE. If he fought Thanos it would be no different. Besides all he'd need to do to make sure.. is just Omni blast.. Superman couldn't avoid it then.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Why is TP not an option again? You do know Hulk has just as good or better TP resistance feats than Superman... yet he was casually controlled with ease.

Branlor Swift
Why is TP not an option again? You do know Hulk has just as good or better TP resistance feats at Superman... yet he was casually controlled with ease. Here we go

KuRuPT Thanosi
Superman has a bazillion strength feats above Thanos best.

Superman is resistant to tp, plus Superman sending his head back would prevent any attempt of tp.

Thanos never tagged anyone faster than Superman in combat speed. And Thanos tagging someone faster doesn't mean he can tag Superman. Why?
Because Thanos tagged them when they were not using their faster than Superman speed or reflexes. I can tag a bullet when it is lying on the table. This is a forum fight, not a comic one where faster characters slow down in order to give their opponents chances to hit them.

Superman has became intangible more times than Thanos has
multi-directional blasted (he never omnidirectional blasted in his comic career). Plus Superman can send his head back before he achieves it.

Clown shoes.. he just Omni blasted in his latest appearance and sent THor.. Hyperion and others flying from it. He Omni blasted Warlock for a one shot kill. You see, it actually pays to read comics, or at the very least, comprehend them.

abhilegend
How do you figure when people less than Thanos have put down superman easily.
In one shot? Who?Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Fallen one was said to be Translight speed and tried to blitz Thanos... he was promptly stopped with ease.

Thor's hammer has been said to fly at near light speed... Thanos raised his hand AFTER it was thrown fast enough to stop it dead in its tracks.

We know how fast energy and light travels... Thanos and point blank range reacted to the maker's energy blasts and swatted them away. Again, at point blank range.

Now, I'm not and I don't think anybody is saying he's faster than superman. But what he certainly is, is capable of tagging superman. Superman has been hit in nearly every appearance he's ever been in. There is a reason for this.. BECAUSE HE'S HITTABLE. If he fought Thanos it would be no different. Besides all he'd need to do to make sure.. is just Omni blast.. Superman couldn't avoid it then.
And none of those are faster than Superman.

Superman is hittable but its not due to Thanos hitting people faster than Superman.Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Why is TP not an option again? You do know Hulk has just as good or better TP resistance feats at Superman... yet he was casually controlled with ease.
laughing out loud

Superman's TP resistance shits on Hulk's TP resistance.

carver9
Why is TP not an option again? You do know Hulk has just as good or better TP resistance feats than Superman... yet he was casually controlled with ease.

You've started a war. Next thread: Hulk Tp resistance fts vs Superman TP resistance fts. Thanks a lot Kurupt (even though I think Hulk TP resistance fts 'as a whole' is better. Hush ABHI.).

abhilegend
You've started a war. Next thread: Hulk Tp resistance fts vs Superman TP resistance fts. Thanks a lot Kurupt (even though I think Hulk TP resistance fts 'as a whole' is better. Hush ABHI.).
laughing out loud

Shut up.

DarkRaiden
How is Superman stronger than Thanos? He needs help just to pull a moon or a planet while Thanos regularly overpowers planet++ level people like Thor and Surfer with ease. Oh and Captain Marvell and Drax (Classic), etc. Thanos and Drax just clashed and destroyed a planet before, while Supes over here struggles to pull a moon. Yeah ok, Supes is somehow stronger though.

As for TP, Thanos TP'd Galactus (he had help penetrating his mind, but it was all him after that) and Hulk, both who have Superman's level of resistance and more.

There is no way Superman survives anything from Thanos.

Also:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/53235/999969-thanos04_18.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122629/3399596-3384473139-OmniB.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146296/2810411-3px6.jpg

Pretty omnidirectional

Insane Titan
How is Superman stronger than Thanos? He needs help just to pull a moon or a planet while Thanos regularly overpowers planet++ level people like Thor and Surfer with ease. Oh and Captain Marvell and Drax (Classic), etc. Thanos and Drax just clashed and destroyed a planet before, while Supes over here struggles to pull a moon. Yeah ok, Supes is somehow stronger though.

As for TP, Thanos TP'd Galactus (he had help penetrating his mind, but it was all him after that) and Hulk, both who have Superman's level of resistance and more.

Also:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122629/3399596-3384473139-OmniB.jpg

Pretty omnidirectional you're wasting you're time trying to prove Thanos can fire omnidirectional blast to h1, I showed him a scan of Thanos surrounded by Rigel soldiers 360 degrees and he killed them with a blast whilst incase in a pure photon cube and he still said nope lol

tkitna
How can Thanos behead them?

By grabbing them around the neck and pulling really hard. Shouldn't be hard.

Lol. So Superman can hang with a being that is roughly the equivalent to Galactus? There truly is no hope for you.

Yes, you do seem to ignore a lot of comic history.

Thanos hits Surfer every time they fight. Every single time. Did you ever stop to think that Thanos just might be that fast? Could it be?

Just about every single Marvel hero that has messed with him. Why,,,because he can.

My God. I see how your mind works now. There hasn't been a comic which states how much weight Thanos lifted or how many tons he's pulled so obviously he must not be very strong. In practically every appearance he's been in, he stomps on people with Hulk like strength and usually more then one at a time. Yeah your right. Thanos must be weaker then hell.

I quit. Its hopeless trying to get you to understand. If it was just this thread then maybe, but its almost every thread you post in.

Peace

iceman24567

Also:

Pretty omnidirectional No even preboot Superman is on Thanos' level strengthwise Dcnu even more so

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by iceman24567
No even preboot Superman is on Thanos' level strengthwise Dcnu even more so

DAMN LIES

You can't be serious?

Pre-boot Superman is clearly stronger than Thanos.

iceman24567
DAMN LIES

You can't be serious?

Pre-boot Superman is clearly stronger than Thanos. Everything considered they are in the same weight class

abhilegend

Also:

Pretty omnidirectional
facepalm

Do you really want to go that route of space cheese? Omega who was vastly more powerful than Thanos and Galactus was killed by a planet's destruction. Thor+Drax+Firelord+Hulk+Doom were stated to have the combined power to destroy a "small planet". All under Starlin of course.

quanchi112
facepalm

Do you really want to go that route of space cheese? Omega who was vastly more powerful than Thanos and Galactus was killed by a planet's destruction. Thor+Drax+Firelord+Hulk+Doom were stated to have the combined power to destroy a "small planet". All under Starlin of course. Quit ignoring the context of the feats.

abhilegend
Thanos can only fire mountain busting energy attacks.

http://i.imgur.com/gxyS2O1.jpg

Runs away from a planet blowing up which killed someone vastly more powerful than him and Galactus, Omega.

http://i.imgur.com/QYeDhKO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HWmtphx.jpg

Thor+Drax+Firelord+Hulk+Doom have the combined power to destroy a "small planet."

http://i.imgur.com/mhx5FRd.jpg

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Thanos can only fire mountain busting energy attacks.

http://i.imgur.com/gxyS2O1.jpg

Runs away from a planet blowing up which killed someone vastly more powerful than him and Galactus, Omega.

http://i.imgur.com/QYeDhKO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HWmtphx.jpg

Thor+Drax+Firelord+Hulk+Doom have the combined power to destroy a "small planet."

http://i.imgur.com/mhx5FRd.jpg

laughing out loud You are still ignoring the context of the feats like always.

smile

-Pr-
Closed.

Next time, a bunch of you are just going to get banned for this shit. You only get so many chances before you get cut loose.

Badabing
Agreed.

And Thanos loses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.