Midnighter & Karate Kid Vs Mantis & Gamora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Which duo? The men or the women?

TrevorPhillipss
The Men, quite easily

guy222
T2

Golgo13
Any reasoning?

Stoic
Would Midnighter be able to overcome the strength advantage that Gamora has on him?

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
Would Midnighter be able to overcome the strength advantage that Gamora has on him?

Definitely. Zealot's stronger, and he more then held his own.

My opinion of Gamora in a nutshell: Nothing special on the speed front, can strike above her weight class, and sketchy durability with a few insane highs.. Basically, the main question is how much can she take?

deathslash
Maybe I'm wanking too hard but I honestly think that Val is enough to take on both members of team two. Then again, I don't really know that much about Mantis or her feats. Can someone please post scans of Mantis' feats and skills so that I can properly judge which team should win?

Silent Master
Are we using the version of Karate Kid that was (according to abhilegend) stalemated by Batman?

carver9
Originally posted by Silent Master
Are we using the version of Karate Kid that was (according to abhilegend) stalemated by Batman?

Trust me when I say this. Precrisis.

Golgo13
shut it carver. This is 3 boot val.

cdtm
Originally posted by deathslash
Maybe I'm wanking too hard but I honestly think that Val is enough to take on both members of team two. Then again, I don't really know that much about Mantis or her feats. Can someone please post scans of Mantis' feats and skills so that I can properly judge which team should win?

Well, from what I've read some of her better feats include:

KOing Thor via sneak attack.

Sweeping Obliterator off his feet and knocking him down with a swift kick to the head (Which only stalled him, but didn't really hurt him)

Saving someone that had a shotgun fired at them at point blank range, by racing across a field and beating the shot to their target.

Most impressive is probably takeing an energy attack from Thanos, and just riding it out like she's surfing a wave, and lands on her feet unharmed.

I think Dr. Strange also claimed he used a technique from Mantis to track a herald and blast him out of the sky (I think it was Air Walker or Nova)

She's well above even the likes of Midnighter or Iron Fist, in my opinion.

But I agree Val's still a notch better.

AlmightyKfish
Is this strictly h2h or does Mantis get to use her telepathy and such?

Cause if so that's a fairly big advantage right there, seeing as we've seen her using it simultaneously with beating people down.

guy222
True

Golgo13
This is a hth battle. Mantis went cosmic once, but this isn't a power battle.

Also, WS Midnighter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.