Deaths Head vs Optimus Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Original Deaths Head.

Who wins?

Flyattractor
UK version?
American Version
Bay Version
Prime Version?

Stoic
Prime stomps him flat.

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
UK version?
American Version
Bay Version
Prime Version?

Well, I guess Marvel version.

Furman wrote UK and a lot of the US, so they're largely the same thing..

pym-ftw
Is "you got the touch playing?"

Magic Joe
Originally posted by pym-ftw

Prime is a skyfather with that song.

Flyattractor
I think Giant DH from the currnet IM comic could put up a good fight. I miss the old Death's Head.

cdtm
I think Giant DH from the currnet IM comic could put up a good fight. I miss the old Death's Head.

The same Deathshead that appeared in s.w.o.r.d? Love that version. He has a sense of humor Furman never wrote into him, and was still a cocky bastard without caring if other people knew about it. They found out if they got in his way.

Anyways, Furmans DH was pretty close to a Mary Sue.. Anyone he went up against lost. Soundwave, Cyclonus, Scourge went down hard. Rodimus, he almost literally made his ***** (Simon Furman did admit in an interview that he didn't like Rodimus, and went out lf his way to stick it to him.)

Shockwave, he's Megatrons equal, and then some, and Deaths Head actually killed him in a future timeline, with Unicron distracting him by shouting in his mind the entire time. Even more impressive, DH actually resisted Unicrons mind control later, and allied with Rodimus.

And the big one, his greatest feat, is going one on one with Galvatron, and performing better then anyone except maybe Ultra Magnus. The same Galvatron who was beating down gestalts with his bare hands, fighting with entire armies, and had the collective Autobot and Decepticon armies crapping their pants, figuratively speaking, every time he came into their timeline.

Now, all that said, I still think Prime wins. Deaths Head basically dominates through superior skill, firepower, and planning. He's not especially durable, relying on a shield when he can't avoid something, and if Cyclonus and Scourge weren't written like complete dumbasses, they could have followed up their successful first attack on DH and probably finished him off, instead of assuming he was finished and letting him recover.

Put a gun in Primes hand, and DH gets blasted into scrap.

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
The same Deathshead that appeared in s.w.o.r.d? Love that version. He has a sense of humor Furman never wrote into him, and was still a cocky bastard without caring if other people knew about it. They found out if they got in his way.

Anyways, Furmans DH was pretty close to a Mary Sue.. Anyone he went up against lost. Soundwave, Cyclonus, Scourge went down hard. Rodimus, he almost literally made his ***** (Simon Furman did admit in an interview that he didn't like Rodimus, and went out lf his way to stick it to him.)

Shockwave, he's Megatrons equal, and then some, and Deaths Head actually killed him in a future timeline, with Unicron distracting him by shouting in his mind the entire time. Even more impressive, DH actually resisted Unicrons mind control later, and allied with Rodimus.

And the big one, his greatest feat, is going one on one with Galvatron, and performing better then anyone except maybe Ultra Magnus. The same Galvatron who was beating down gestalts with his bare hands, fighting with entire armies, and had the collective Autobot and Decepticon armies crapping their pants, figuratively speaking, every time he came into their timeline.

Now, all that said, I still think Prime wins. Deaths Head basically dominates through superior skill, firepower, and planning. He's not especially durable, relying on a shield when he can't avoid something, and if Cyclonus and Scourge weren't written like complete dumbasses, they could have followed up their successful first attack on DH and probably finished him off, instead of assuming he was finished and letting him recover.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by pym-ftw

The song is just called "The Touch" by Stan Bush...

And reading this thread has me playing it at this very moment... smile

Stoic
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
The song is just called "The Touch" by Stan Bush...

And reading this thread has me playing it at this very moment... smile

Are you eating Cheetos with extra cheese while listening to it too? stick out tongue

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Stoic
Are you eating Cheetos with extra cheese while listening to it too? stick out tongue

Naw double shot of coffee...almost time to study. sad

guy222
OP

Flyattractor
Originally posted by cdtm

Classic Giant DH recently apped in a few issues of Invincible iron man. It was pretty good. And some of Furman's DH's at least from his orginal short lived series had some pretty good humor in it.. Especially that What if story.

Guh I miss Classic Death's Head.

cdtm
Yeah. DH not written by Furman just isn't DH.

Wasn't too happy with slott bringing him back in Superior only to have Spock rip his head off.

cdtm
Not gonna make a thread for this because I doubt many are too familiar with Transformers UK judging by the responses to most Deaths Head threads, but I'll tell you who I think could beat Prime:

UK Ultra Magnus, no doubt. You've gotta realize Galvatron was basically Sentry or classic Mangog level compared to every other Transformer.. I mean, he punched through Scorponoks chest with a single punch, and he's a guy Prime would struggle against. Hell, Prime fought a Galvatron who had half his face blasted off, was hallucinating, and Prime STILL looked nowhere near as good as Ultra Magnus did when he was healthy and out for blood.

But in Furmans story, Magnus WAS built specifically to be the most powerful Autobot ever, so no shame losing to him.

Flyattractor
I saw a tpb of the UK Trans stories but they cut out all of the DH issues cause what with him being a Marvel character and I think it was IDW putting out the trades or some such..

cdtm
I saw a tpb of the UK Trans stories but they cut out all of the DH issues cause what with him being a Marvel character and I think it was IDW putting out the trades or some such.. O_o They cut out DH, and there'd be almost nothing left! He played a role in most of the big stories.

*Google searches*

http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=1426

Yeah, they have stories with him. The trade you saw probably collected UK stories that didn't feature movie Transformers, I'd bet. Marvel does own the rights, so IDW probably had to pay licencing fees, but they'd have cut out too many great stories without him.

Flyattractor
Yeah I don't know who put the trades out. Even with out being framiliar with the stories I could tell they had been editied to all heck. No way I would blow money on them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.