Aang vs. Korra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Joker
Aang as of Book 3.
Korra as of Book 2.

What Avatar would win all out!?

King Joker
I honestly don't really know who would win, both of their feats are comparable, what are your thoughts?

ares834
Can they go into Avatar State?

King Joker
Yes.

KingD19
Aang wins. Especially if they have Avatar State access. He was much more in touch with his past lives and even at only 12 years old his iceberg feat surpassed pretty much anything Korra has done. All of his AS feats are so much higher and better than hers.

ares834
Originally posted by King Joker
Yes.

Korra then.

(As long as this is before she lost her past lives)

AsbestosFlaygon
Korra would win.

She was amped by the Avatar's past lives, which includes Aang himself.

KingD19
She has never shown as much raw power or skill as Aang with her Avatar State. How do you think she'd win?

SamZED
^Agreed.

Utrigita
Leaning towards Aang.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by KingD19
She has never shown as much raw power or skill as Aang with her Avatar State. How do you think she'd win?

I figure she'd win because every Avatar is supposed to be more powerful than the last and have all of their knowledge/skill. Like even if she hasn't showed the raw power and feats it should be acknowledged that it's there because of the Avatar cycle I'm not the most knowledgeable on Avatar so I may be wrong though.

KingD19
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I figure she'd win because every Avatar is supposed to be more powerful than the last and have all of their knowledge/skill. Like even if she hasn't showed the raw power and feats it should be acknowledged that it's there because of the Avatar cycle I'm not the most knowledgeable on Avatar so I may be wrong though.

Every successive Avatar isn't more powerful than the one before them. They just have access to their wisdom and foresight to help them should they need it.

Also, being in touch with the spirit world and connecting to them helps, but the true strength from the Avatar State comes from mastering the Avatar State itself and your spirituality as Guru Pathik pointed out. But even before he mastered it, Aang's demonstrations with the Avatar State blow Korra's out of the water.

ares834
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

thumb up

Wei Phoenix
Every successive Avatar isn't more powerful than the one before them. They just have access to their wisdom and foresight to help them should they need it.

Also, being in touch with the spirit world and connecting to them helps, but the true strength from the Avatar State comes from mastering the Avatar State itself and your spirituality as Guru Pathik pointed out. But even before he mastered it, Aang's demonstrations with the Avatar State blow Korra's out of the water.

Would having Aang's wisdom give her knowledge on how to use the AS like he does then?

KingD19
Potentially, but it doesn't seem so. It's more for wisdom when it comes to combat or situations, not making you better in a fight.

The one time I can think of channeling a past Avatar actually gave you their skills was when Aang connected with Kyoshi and she actually took on her physical form using his body as a soul anchor and used her powers.

If Korra had access to Aang's skills, she'd be a whole lot more effective when she used the Avatar State.

Based
Korra in every contest.

SamZED
We can speculate all we want about the Avatar State wisdom the fact is Aang has been consistently shown to be times more impressive in Avatar state as well as in his regular state than Korra.

KingD19
People seem to be ignoring that fact. You can compare the two feat for feat, episode for episode, Avatar State to Avatar State and Aang is vastly more impressive.

Also more impressive is the fact that Aang is 12 years old, and has had far less tutelage in Earth, Fire, and Waterbending, yet has still been called a Master by other Masters and still shows better feats than Korra despite her training in all the styles except Air and supposedly mastering them since she was a toddler. Aang didn't even use another element until after he'd escaped his iceberg.

Korra was 17 when the series started.

iscaremonkeys
anng. I feel korra is more spirtualy sound than anng was but anng was far more powerful. His avatar state in book one alone beats 75% of korras feats

KingD19
Korra is more spiritually sound? Aang was a monk. Spiritualism and Meditation was who he was. Also he went in and out of the spirit world on a whim, regularly talked with Spirits, even had casual and in depth conversations with past Avatars.

Korra couldn't even get in without help from Jinora. On top of that, it was pointed out many times that Korra's biggest weakness was her reliance on the physical nature of bending and not the spiritual element. Also her temper which kept her from attaining control over her spirit and the spirit world.

Vensai
How long can Korra stay in AS? Like in the Vaatu fight, she had periods where she wasn't in AS despite starting off in it. Aang has shown the ability to stay in AS for extended periods of time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Aang wrecks the noob.

Based
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Aang wrecks the noob.

Korra is a better water, fire and earth bender than Aang.

KingD19
A better water, fire, and earth bender with lesser feats and lesser skill shown. Agreed.

Based
A better water, fire, and earth bender with lesser feats and lesser skill shown. Agreed.

Toph and Zuko denounced Aang's skills at earth and fire bending and the OWL who dislikes Korra almost as much as this board says she mastered those two elements along with water bending. And she can heal which Aang has never even attempted. And please you can whine and use the "f43ts without actually posting f43ts" argument but Korra's feats at everything but air is just as comparable.

Lack of feats is attributed to the producers choosing the cheapest production company which has issues with other shows like Naruto.

Aang as a kid sucks at everything but airbending and crying.

Fated Xtasy
Honestly this isn't a fair matchup we've so much more with Aang and Korra has yet to show us her ultimate potential, I mean in my opinion she is way better trained than Aang she learned from masters while Aang had to learn his bending from Katara which isnt much of a master(Toph and Zuko are exempt of this for obvious reasons) that said Aang has shown more feats with his bending and his Avatar state. I'd say he gets the win.

King Joker
Katara is a master.

SamZED
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Aang wrecks the noob.

XanatosForever
Korra traps Aang in some metal. Win.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Korra traps Aang in some metal. Win.

lol damn you beat me to it.

KingD19
Korra can barely move a small piece of metal after several seconds of intense concentration.

Fated Xtasy
Korra can barely move a small piece of metal after several seconds of intense concentration.

Has Aang ever tried to bend Metal?

KingD19
Never on screen, but I don't see why he shouldn't be able to. He's got Earth Sense same as Toph and he was around when she opened her Metal Bending school. He easily could have learned at some point despite Su Jin saying Korra was the first.

But considering this is Book 3 Aang, no he hasn't bent metal since Toph just learned.

And since this is Book 2 Korra, she can't metal bend either since she's just now starting in Book 3.

XanatosForever
Okay, that's fair. I did in fact forget that these were earlier incarnations.

starryknight
Suyin stated that Korra was the first metal bending Avatar implying Aang never learned and I would think she would know since Toph most likely tried to teach him.

KingD19
I already pointed that out. But that's a moot point since at this point neither of them can bend metal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.