Vitiate's Real Body Speculation Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperordmb
Well first of all we know that the ritual made him immortal and boosted his power. The question is: to what extent?

I'd say that in terms of immortality Vitiate's real body will not die of old age or dark side degradation, however I feel that this applies only to his real body and his voice is not protected from either of these things. Vitiate's real body however can be killed (though I think this would be difficult and will elaborate further on in my post), as this is the reason his voices serve as a conduit for his spirit rather than Vitiate conducting his business in his true body despite it being a superior conduit (again I will elaborate further on in this post), as well as the fact that Vitiate died at some point before the events of Darth Plagueis.

The other main effect of the ritual is that it boosted his power. I don't think he wielded the entire combined power of 9,000 Sith Lords and Nathema however, as a good deal of that power went towards granting him immortality, and as power taken from others isn't usually permanent, it's a safe bet that another large amount of this power was forfeit in order to solidify the power boost he did gain. In other words, rather than temporarily wielding the combined power of 9,000 Sith Lords, he instead wielded less than that amount of power, but wielded it permanently. If Vitiate had wielded the combined power of 9,000 Sith, he would be a bit more impressive than we've seen him to be.

The ritual appears to have had some very interesting effects on Vitiate's body. First of all there's the fact that Vitiate used essence transfer to travel between voices. What I found interesting about this is that essence transfer disintegrates your body as soon as you leave it for another body, however his true body survived and is still available for usage. His true body is obviously immune to this effect of essence transfer. His true body is apparently immune to the effects of Nathema due to the ritual of Nathema, as he was on it right after it's devastation and somehow got off of said planet. As his true body is immune to these effects I find it also extremely likely that he is immune to the effects of force drain as well, though not because he knows a specific technique but because of the effects of the ritual. As such it's also extremely likely that his real body can handle his own force power and the force attacks of others incredibly well. It's also likely that his real body is also more resistant to damage as a result of the ritual.

With all of this in mind I think Vitiate's true body as a conduit for his spirit and power is superior to any of his voices given how well it can handle the force and how it is less effected by dark side degradation meaning Vitiate could utilize his power more efficiently than he would in a lesser body. I also believe that Vitiate's true body was the one on board his space station, and all of this would explain why Vitiate's curbstomp on his space station was more impressive then his relatively less impressive defeat on Dromuund Kaas.

S_W_LeGenD
Good effort, good to see that a fellow fan is trying to understand Sith Emperor.

Emperor's capacity as a practitioner of the Force canonically "vastly increased" after the ritual event. Emperor could unleash several of his powers on galactic scale and even simultaneously empowered hundreds of his minions spread out in the galaxy. Emperor is also stated to have explored the most sinister and uncharted depths of the dark side, left powerful nexuses in his wake, subdued forces that could not be tamed by others, influenced entire planets with his dark side powers (e.g. Dromund Kaas). Emperor became so powerful that he would eaten the entire galaxy in the aftermath of his ultimate ritual, should it have been completed. Emperor was undoubtedly mind-bogglingly powerful but the full extent of his abilities are not known yet.

The Merchant
I thought it was already shown that the space station isn't his real body, his real one is a Sith Pureblood.

DarthAnt66
And Nihilus would have also (without a ritual). wink

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nihilus could never grow to such a level, ironically he had no control over his greatest strength (his endless hunger). Nihilus could attempt to kill planet after planet (one at a time) but Traya's assessment was that he would eventually self-destruct (makes sense since Nihilus wasn't powerful enough to control his greatest strength).

I do regard Nihilus as among the most powerful Sith Lords and all that but doesn't holds a candle to Sith Emperor.

Also, Nihilus's planetary wide-destructive feat could also be a result of a ritual performed by him. "When Lord Nihilus spoke" (this is a sign of a ritual being performed).

It shall be kept in mind that rituals can be performed by a lone individual as well. And performing rituals is NOT a sign of weakness, most impressive dark side powers are often the outcome of rituals.

DarthAnt66
I can assure you, no rituals took place. Was a ritual taking place when he tried to eat Telos? lol no.

Nephthys
Kreia uses the technique without a ritual.

GenomeFrozener
thumb up

S_W_LeGenD

Nephthys
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Evidence please.

This kinda proves it imo:

Also, here's a quote suggesting Nihilus destroyed Katarr nearly instantly, without a ritual:

"Amazingly dark and devastating powers are the purview of some of the greatest Sith Lords of the Knights of the Old Republic era...They devastate and consume entire worlds with a thought."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.