Marvel movies until 2028

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/03/marvel-has-movies-planned-through-2028

Make mine marvel.

COG Veteran
In Marvel we trust.

quanchi112
Originally posted by COG Veteran
In Marvel we trust. thumb up

Firefly218
Marvel execs have legitimate plans and value their characters. DC and Fox should learn some lessons. This superhero genre is here to stay

jaden101
I used to hope this whole constant comic book movie releases would be a short term fad. But then that was before the quality started to improve and skilled directors with passion for the characters started coming in. I'm not sure how far they can take it with relatively unknown characters. I can only presume they'd have to introduce them in films with bigger characters rather than give them origin movies of their own and then maybe give their origin story in a prequel or some other medium such as short free Internet movies made from the same budgets of bigger movies. Extras on dvds or blurays for other movies. Introducing them in spin off TV shows such as Agents of Shield.

In the case of marvel it'd probably need to bring everything under 1 roof instead of Sony/Fox having some rights to some characters and Disney/Marvel retaining rights to other movies.

I think they've only scratched the surface of tying characters and stories together with things such as post credits scenes, small cameos and then 'event' movies combining them with the likes of The Avengers.

Lots of potential. It might need a director or producer to oversee everything so it ties together. Someone like George Lucas with Star Wars but who actually gives a shit about continuity.

It would also need to get rid of the constant need for reboots.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Firefly218
Marvel execs have legitimate plans and value their characters. DC and Fox should learn some lessons. This superhero genre is here to stay

agreed

Kazenji
Originally posted by jaden101

but who actually gives a shit about continuity.

Obviously Fox doesn't with its X-men movies.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Firefly218

Well, it looks like DC is certainly taking notes with their commitment with the, Justice League. Not sure how many lessons you think they need. Don't really have anything to go off of except, MOS and the result of that indicates great things to me.

Wish the world could work together though, so that the X-men would be able to be apart of the, Whedon vision.

ShadowFyre
Y'all do understand that 90% of the movies they are talking about will never see the light of day right?

Mindset
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Y'all do understand that 90% of the movies they are talking about will never see the light of day right? You don't know what you're talking about, though.

So there's also that.

ShadowFyre
Lol. That is true, but just because they have a list of movies they want to make does not mean they will get the green light on all of them.

-Pr-
I'm glad to see they're on track. After the personal disappointment that came with IM3, I was happy to see Thor 2 and Cap 2 being as good as they were.

Now, if they could only get the X-Men rights back...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm glad to see they're on track. After the personal disappointment that came with IM3, I was happy to see Thor 2 and Cap 2 being as good as they were.

Now, if they could only get the X-Men rights back...

those rights wont be back anytime soon,, most likely in about 10 years if not longer

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Kazenji
Obviously Fox doesn't with its X-men movies.

Why did Marvel give the rights to fox?

Kazenji
Maybe they saw potential for the franchise and willing to let Fox have a go at it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.